• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just realizes my intro is Reinhardt charging at the screen and my POTG starts with me slamming a Mercy into a wall. Unintentional transitions ho!

Apathy

what the FUCK were they thinking with bastion

Like, this dude has no weaknesses. I consistently slay with him through no skill of my own.

- minigun that kills ridiculously fast + has zero cooldown (unless you count the 2 seconds it takes to "reload")
- self-healing that takes a few seconds to bring you to full health
- an ultimate that makes you highly mobile and able to one or two-shot most characters

What is his drawback? The fact that he's slow? Who needs speed when you can find a safe spot to camp out and blow everyone away? Why is it OK for him to have no cooldowns when every other character does?

Hes really easy, in turret mode he has a giant weak spot behind him where he takes more damage. junk/pharah/widow can get him without exposure. He actually feels like they toned him down damage wise

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Like, this dude has no weaknesses. I consistently slay with him through no skill of my own.

- minigun that kills ridiculously fast + has zero cooldown (unless you count the 2 seconds it takes to "reload")
- an ultimate that makes you highly mobile and able to one or two-shot most characters

What is his drawback? The fact that he's slow? Who needs speed when you can find a safe spot to camp out and blow everyone away? Why is it OK for him to have no cooldowns when every other character does?

I kill him in about 3 seconds with Pharah. I make him kill himself even quicker with Genji.

Nope, no weapon upgrades. All gameplay-related items are unlocked for everyone from the start.

You only unlock cosmetic stuff.

Everything gameplay related is unlocked at the start. Anything locked is just cosmetic stuff.

Every gameplay related things are 100% unlocked from the start, there is no upgrade system and you don't have to grind for anything gameplay related. You start on the exact same playing field from the first second as someone who played for 100 hours.

Awesome. That's 100% what I was hoping for. Thanks for the info!

Kalentan

I played the beta on both console and PC, and it's one of the few games where I was shocked at how much better it played with kbm. I'm a die-hard controller fan, but no matter what I did, it didn't feel right for Overwatch. Ended up buying it for PC and it is fantastic.

Trying to hit Genji, Tracer, or any "jumpy" character like Symmertra, on a controller is one of the most fustrating experiences I've had in gaming all year.

it`s so annoying to lose in overtime but so great to win when the timer runs out XD After 62 games i won 32... win lose win lose win lose.... i have no clue how to play win genji...

Ok that's really cool, do other characters have something as unique?

Yeah some characters have changes. Imp/Valkyrie Mercy have line changes for their ultimates. Scarecrow Junkrat changes the model of his tire. Some of Reinhardt's skins change his hammer to an axe (Blackheardt and Bloodheardt I think.) Roadhogs Mako skin changes his hook to an anchor.

we did 4 Soldiers and two Reihardts. Rolled them.

High damage output at damn near any range(if you fire bursts the shots are dead accurate), 4 healers, defense on both sides with the shields, burst damage with Reihardts/close quarter kills/cluster missiles. Too good.

One of us ended up swapping to Lucio but yeah, it was a legit strategy for almost the entire game. Not even their desperate Bastion swap could contain us.

KarmaCow

I don't know what it is playing as McCree but there are some games where I can head shot Tracers and snipers and the very next game I can barely hit a Roadhog healing up while fanning the hammer.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Trying to hit Genji, Tracer, or any "jumpy" character like Symmertra, on a controller is one of the most fustrating experiences I've had in gaming all year.

I would recommend a low sensitivity for any character that relies accuracy on consoles.

SwolBro

Banned
I have about 200 hours clocked on engineer alone on TF2 and he is much stronger than Torbjorn. That being said, I now play on PS4 EU and the last three games I went on killstreaks of 28, 18 and 16 without much effort at all. That just wouldn't happen on PC and it wont last on PS4 much longer as people will figure it out for themselves shortly.

I really do hope so. But it's still funny seeing people in here claim it's not a problem right now because it clearly is.

vypek

3 times I cleared most of the team on Hanamura B point but the team couldn't secure the point. And they definitely tried. Such a tough map.

X-Frame

I think Zarya is my favorite tank. So underused. Her fully charged cannon is deadly. Had Winston in check all game.

Mine too!

It's amazing just eating (absorbing) a Tracer bomb, a Hanzo dragon ultimate, a D.Va self-destruct, all by timing your barrier for an instant +50% damage boost.

Starviper

I can completely wreck a teams offense so easily with Symmetra, she is really damn good when you know how to place those turrets and use her guns. Think the last game I played before I went to work today I had an 18 - 0 killstreak going, even got POTG where I took down 3 running into the slow shots and dying to turrets

Starviper

Mine too!

It's amazing just eating (absorbing) a Tracer bomb, a Hanzo dragon ultimate, a D.Va self-destruct, all by timing your barrier for an instant +50% damage boost.

Ooooh shit, so that's how she's supposed to be used.. I felt like there was something I was missing!

Listonosh

I just had a round where we were up against 6 Thorbjörns. No need to mention that we lost.

This was kind of my point a few pages back. Dupe characters in a team sort of break the game imo. Even a little thing like two Mei's seems cheap. I've went up against two Torbjorns and thought it was a little ridiculous, can't imagine 6 lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got that stuntman Soldier skin and it actually seems kinda fucked up to me. Giving him that cape messes with the silhouette, I've mistaken it for a McCree more than once.

Gonna keep using it because it's hilarious tho.

I wish more people had a chance to experience OG Bastion.

thumb-ability.jpg

Kalentan

This was kind of my point a few pages back. Dupe characters in a team sort of break the game imo. Even a little thing like two Mei's seems cheap. I've went up against two Torbjorns and thought it was a little ridiculous, can't imagine 6 lol.

I think the issue is that people assume that, just because a character has a counter, that the character you're countering, will always lose.

galvenize

What soloing so far got me

e2c5b52394.jpg

Been having this steady 50% ratio since the beginning and it's the main reason I want to start playing in a group because I don't like it.

X-Frame

Ooooh shit, so that's how she's supposed to be used.. I felt like there was something I was missing!

I did it by accident at first -- saw the dragons and was stuck so I figured I would just hit my barrier .. and I ate it with no damage (or very little). Shocked!

Did the same with the others I mentioned and not only did I not get killed, I was energized and pushed forward with a bigger beam and grenade explosions to chase them down.

If you can time both your barrier and a teammates barrier too at the same time, even better!

MrBlonde

Is it just me or is the guy who can turn himself into a turret over powered? I only played about an hour but that thing kills me nonstop in about a half a second, it's complete bullshit! Best way to counter that?

peakish

Usually I don't have big problems dealing with Bastions, and only rarely even see him. But I had a game tonight on King's Row where his team on defense did a solid job backing him up on the final stretch.

Now I hear a constant BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR outside the game.

Klyka

Banned
Bastion dies in like seconds in every game me and my friends play.

Basically a non character at this point.

Styling on that man all the time.

It's also fun to snipe Torbjörn turrets with Lucio.

You just need a slight pixel of theirs and snipe away :D
And if he keeps repairing it, it feeds my delicious Ult :D

Is it just me or is the guy who can turn himself into a turret over powered? I only played about an hour but that thing kills me nonstop in about a half a second, it's complete bullshit! Best way to counter that?

Don't walk in front of him? Play Genji and deflect? Shoot him with McCree, Widowmaker, Zenyatta or Hanzo from far away? Blow him up with Pharah or Junkrat?

If you know where he is and die to him more then once that's your fault.

KarmaCow

The key thing is that even though it has 200 points of worth of blocking the barrier will absorb all the damage from a single attack before it breaks. It's still not really for tanking since most of the time you're hit by a bunch of weak attacks but it's good for initiating and retreating, especially since it negates all crowd control effects like Mei's Freeze. Probably as people get used to the mechanics, getting people to stop spraying shots for a bit will be useful too.

PepperedHam

I really don't think Overwatch
will die on consoles. I've seen a thirst for this game with plenty of people who have 0 interest in those other games.
I agree. This game has legs on all platforms. I know what has happened in the past with PC shooters coming to console but this has had a much more significant push than CSGO console and TF2 console. TF2 got no post support and CSGO just kind of came and fizzled out on console because no one in the console space cares about CSGO and if they do they'll play it on their PC since it isn't an intensive game to run. This game has had a huge marketing push and the open beta opened the hype gates even further. So many of my friends and so many of their friends friends are getting into this game on all manner of platforms. This won't fizzle out the way other PC shooters have on console, there's just no way. That and so many have fallen in love with the characters of this game, that boosts attach rate. It's going to remain huge.

cHinzo

Seriously if I see Hollywood or Hanamura one more time I'm gonna uninstall this shit. Where are the other maps?!

Oh and Bastion is pretty good if you got the right support. Extra armor and a shield is pretty helpful! You can win Volskaya Industries or Hollywood pretty easily with a Bastion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom