• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Banned
yeah it stinks but i guess you gotta make room for the 9million widowmaker mains out there. fortunately i haven't gotten tired of mercy and reinhardt yet.

Huh, I don't see that much Widowmaker. Is it a PC thing? On the PS4 I've seen Soldier 76 and Reaper being the go to for every team need. Need a tank or healer? Soldier 76 is your man, apparently.

Someone raged at me in Hanamura, we were on attack and getting decimated at the starting chokepoint and started saying stuff like "why are you playing that garbage character Lucio?". This guy was playing Reaper and running into the chokepoint by himself the whole time, and at the end he said "Way to go Lucio, you ruined it for me you fucking loser". Best part is I got PoTG where I basically did nothing, which means he definitely did nothing. And I healed around 9-10k hp in those 4 minutes.
That would be your stereotypical edgelord Reaper player hard at work.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Speaking of 76, I think Soldier spam is the strongest hero spam lineup. Either 6 Soldier 76's or 5 Soldiers and a healer.

why the hell would I care what pro players use? They are talking to each other constantly while playing.

Oh all baseball players use wood bats, and aluminum bats are shit, oh wait, people still use aluminum bats, crazy how that works

But hey, again, really simple, block me, in fact I want you to, so I don't hurt your precious time reading it and hurting your feelings.

Heh Sorry I just found it funny you crying about a Hanzo player on your team not getting #1 POTG with his auto aiming tree log with 2 feet hitbox. I just see you constantly shitting on all hanzo players and felt the need to chip in, that yes they do have to aim and they shouldn't take your constant crying over it.

nOoblet16

Huh, I don't see that much Widowmaker. Is it a PC thing? On the PS4 I've seen Soldier 76 and Reaper being the go to for every team need. Need a tank or healer? Soldier 76 is your man, apparently.

I don't see that many either, see more Hanzo than Widow. Playing on PC.

Solider 76 is by far the most common player, then you have Junkrat. I've barely played any game where the defending team didn't have a Reinhardt. Reapers are actually not as common as Soldier or Junkrat in my experience.

Most people just don't know how to use him, they don't go behind enemy lines for flanking and neither do they reload cancel.
Also almost every game where I have had to deal with a Bastion, I've had to also deal with Torbjorn and a hanzo/widowmaker.

nOoblet16

Speaking of 76, I think Soldier spam is the strongest hero spam lineup. Either 6 Soldier 76's or 5 Soldiers and a healer.

I agree, because they can all heal themselves and each other, the helix rockets are powerful and the assault rifle is very good in medium range. He also runs very fast.

The Ultimate is quite powerful compared it to other alts from attackers like Tracer, Genji (requires two swipes to kill a low health character, can miss), as long as the Soldier player doesn't uses it right next to the enemies, no aiming required at all and the gun already does good damage at any range but is especially deadly at medium. I mean Reaper, McCree and Pharah both outdo his ult in damage but Phara's ult is super easy to counter, McCree's ult is very hit or miss since people know either to avoid him and Reaper needs to position himself good to get a jump on enemies. Point being for quite possibly the easiest character to play as, his damage output is quite high and doesn't require as much effort.

sora87

Damn, had a decent run of wins but ended the night with a loss, one of the guys on the other team wrote "lol easy" what a utter jackass.

Calcium

Banned
Played over 100 matches, total amount of people to say something on voice chat (PC version, excluding myself): 4

Ouch. Probably around 12 for me on PS4. One of them was just playing music, though. I didn't see an option to mute him specifically so I just turned off voice chat for a few rounds.

Wanderer5

I saw a all soldier 76 attacking team at the watchpoint level, but it didn't seem to work out for them, only making it to the first checkpoint.

I really want to try a six-man Soldier 76 game one time.

we did 4 Soldiers and two Reihardts. Rolled them.

High damage output at damn near any range(if you fire bursts the shots are dead accurate), 4 healers, defense on both sides with the shields, burst damage with Reihardts/close quarter kills/cluster missiles. Too good.

Kalentan

Yeah. I think i'm about done with this game. Maybe it's great on PC, but the console version, while technically great, just does not translate well at all. The first day was really fun, but every day since Monday the game has just gotten worse and is one of the quickest games I've played where it went from really fun to just fucking frustrating.

Between the aiming and the speed... I just can't keep up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont remember the last match I had with no widowmaker. Attack or defense it doesnt matter.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What was seagull's youtube channel again? Im bored at work

There are plenty of PC fps people who play sniper on every game like it's a vocation. Normally also the best thing to play if you are a cheat who uses aim bots or trigger bots.

It's usually terrible on the KOTH maps and yet I see it all the time. Just sitting back on Ilios or whatever doing nothing
On certain sections of KOTH maps she has potential to be incredibly effective. Pick off their squishies as they're running in, get their tanks to half health before they even touch the point... Of course that requires a good Widowmaker and most people aren't, it also isn't something that works everytime so you need to know when to switch, another skill that evades most players.

eifer

Yeah. I think i'm about done with this game. Maybe it's great on PC, but the console version, while technically great, just does not translate well at all. The first day was really fun, but every day since Monday the game has just gotten worse and is one of the quickest games I've played where it went from really fun to just fucking frustrating.

Between the aiming and the speed... I just can't keep up.

I played the beta on both console and PC, and it's one of the few games where I was shocked at how much better it played with kbm. I'm a die-hard controller fan, but no matter what I did, it didn't feel right for Overwatch. Ended up buying it for PC and it is fantastic.

Camjo-Z

what the FUCK were they thinking with bastion

Like, this dude has no weaknesses. I consistently slay with him through no skill of my own.

- minigun that kills ridiculously fast + has zero cooldown (unless you count the 2 seconds it takes to "reload")
- self-healing that takes a few seconds to bring you to full health
- an ultimate that makes you highly mobile and able to one or two-shot most characters

What is his drawback? The fact that he's slow? Who needs speed when you can find a safe spot to camp out and blow everyone away? Why is it OK for him to have no cooldowns when every other character does?

Boogdud

Like, this dude has no weaknesses. I consistently slay with him through no skill of my own.

- minigun that kills ridiculously fast + has zero cooldown (unless you count the 2 seconds it takes to "reload")
- an ultimate that makes you highly mobile and able to one or two-shot most characters

What is his drawback? The fact that he's slow? Who needs speed when you can find a safe spot to camp out and blow everyone away? Why is it OK for him to have no cooldowns when every other character does?

Junkrat disagrees.

Crono27

Bastion is extremely easy to counter.

JTripper

Starting to expand my horizons a bit and play as some others. Spent a little time as Reinhardt, Lucio and Hanzo. I'm really bad as Hanzo, Reinhardt is great, and Lucio is very confusing to use at first but I stay alive a lot as him cause I know that he's an annoying fucker to kill for the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom