• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I finally found a character that clicks with me. Got a legendary skin for Genji and thought I'd try him out. I had no idea about his reset mechanic. I love that kind of thing in MOBAs when playing assassins. Very fun kit with a lot of synergy.

Symmetra is my go-to support/defense hero ever since I found out her charged blasts go through Reinhardt's shield. Seriously, fuck that guy.

TheMink

Your display (like most) can't display over 60fps no matter what. Your computer can render more than 60fps.

If you're running windowed/borderless windowed in the options, it'll likely be fine. If you're running fullscreen, you might run into screen tearing which is some visual artifacting where the image might look split.

If you want the painless route, just choose borderless windowed and make sure vsync is off in the options.

Thanks a lot.

Dad

The amount of randoms that think the best way to hold the objective is to meet the enemy at their spawn is baffling. Just played a game where four teammates stood literally in the doorway waiting for the other team and were melted within seconds of the doors opening. Spamming group up does nothing

Rizzi

The amount of randoms that think the best way to hold the objective is to meet the enemy at their spawn is baffling. Just played a game where four teammates stood literally in the doorway waiting for the other team and were melted within seconds of the doors opening. Spamming group up does nothing

What, you mean waiting out in the open where enemies spawn instead of defending the objective is a bad idea?
Shocking.

Ardenyal

Welp, I finally found a character that clicks with me. Got a legendary skin for Genji and thought I'd try him out. I had no idea about his reset mechanic. I love that kind of thing in MOBAs when playing assassins. Very fun kit with a lot of synergy.

Dont pick a main. Genji is useless in terms of teamplay in so many situations. Most times you cant flank the final objective. Good for harrassing back lines but when theres no back line to harrass.. :p

Going to bed. My team practically shutout the attacking team in the Gibraltar map.

They barely moved the payload two feet and by the time the clock hit zero, it was right back to start!

What's more, we pushed them back to their base in the last couple of minutes, though they did go through other exits to flank us. But it didn't matter in the end.
I have a clip showing my point, but it mostly shows me roaming around looking for more enemies to shoot down.

So good! Other matches were win/lose, so there's that.

Klyka

Banned
It should not be legally allowed in 1st world countries to style on people as hard as you can with Lucio.

Like, holy shit is this character utterly amazing.

Ullus

Hell yeah, time to wreck some fools, with style.

f5Jefg3.png

Dont pick a main. Genji is useless in terms of teamplay in so many situations. Most times you cant flank the final objective. Good for harrassing back lines but when theres no back line to harrass.. :p

I know, I'm just speaking in terms of my own enjoyment of the game. I haven't found too many heroes that I really like playing.

Ricitor

I was extremely wrong about Mercy. I just had two matches with her and I think she will be my go to support for Defense. Had a ton of fun playing her, I just have to get to grips with the jumps. A few times I got killed because I fumbled with the movement and missed getting the hell out.

Definitely going to be using her the next few rounds.

nOoblet16

So used widowmaker for the first time, had some fun and somehow didn't get play of the game with this.

https://gfycat.com/HeavyMaleIberianmidwifetoad

Genji did with a 2 man ult.

That's because your kills were spread out rather than being multi kills, you killed 3 in total but your last was separated from the first two quite a few seconds. There's also the fact that the Hanzo you killed had less than 50% health...so that might come into play too priority wise when it has to go up against same number of kills.

So if a Genji used his ult to kill 2 enemies his kills would be prioritised for PoTG.

Shifty

Some games Symmetra just clicks and everything goes your way and it feels amazing. Just crushed a team on defense of anubis with her. Got gold for elims, objective elims, and even damage somehow with PotG to boot.

Even got the teleporter trophy (over 20 people used one in the match).

I know this feeling. Got her Goddess skin and went crazy on Volskaya defense, turrets all over the spawn, a bunch of suppression, triple kill, quad kill, teleporters for days...

And then my workmate playing as Bastion takes the potg.

Not pleased.

moojito

I get all the "don't pick a main" thing, but you have to put time in with all the characters to know exactly when they do and don't work.

Unless of course you're in the fortunate position of these "lulz my teammates don't know how to play" people who seem to have gotten the all-class-knowledge injector pre order bonus.

TaterTots

Banned
I like Winston a lot but I'm terrible. Any tips so that I don't just jump in and instantly die?

Winston is my favorite character and I play him every chance I get. I've come to learn he works best as a distraction with the element of surprise. I try to jump over walls so the other team doesn't see me coming and land behind them. When you land, drop your shield and start zapping. If you are close to death or outnumbered jump out asap. Rinse and repeat.

I've tried the game for the first time this morning...

Holy shit it's so good. It has been a while since I enjoyed myself this much on a FPS.
I was a bit afraid that the game would be too slow on PS4 but it's really not, they totally nailed it.

Shifty

I like Winston a lot but I'm terrible. Any tips so that I don't just jump in and instantly die?

Don't just jump in and instantly die.

He may be a tank, but he's not that tank. Try using guerrilla tactics. Surprise your enemies (preferably squishy ones), make good use of your shield to keep the damage off while your jump recharges and then GTFO.

One thing I always do is when I jump into the crowd of enemy to try and disrupt them, I will put down my shield so I have a few seconds where they can't shoot me, which lets me do more damage to them, and it gives the team more time to push forward and help me take out whoever is left. I know reaper is one of winstons weaknesses, so every time I run into a reaper I put down the shield on top of us and I just run in and out of the shield so some of his shots hit the shield instead of me and it gives me a chance against him.

LiK

That trophy for destroying three of Symmetra's turrets in one game must be glitched. I destroyed more than that in a game and it never popped.

Lucio seems so bloody broken on KOTH, I hate feeling like I'm at an instant disadvantage because my team isn't getting to the capture point first because we don't have one.

24hr

One issue that bugs me is when you finish a game, leave to the main menu - and on the bottom left it still shows 'x left the channel' etc.

3DShovel

Playing with randoms is killing my joy with this game.

My team pick offensive heroes that I like to play and no one picks support, so I play support and then all my team does is actively ignore me and the objective.

Ken

Playing with randoms is killing my joy with this game.

My team pick offensive heroes that I like to play and no one picks support, so I play support and then all my team does is actively ignore me and the objective.

Just first pick your preferred hero and assert your dominance.

Apathy

Question: Can you use allies as shields?

Against D.Vas ultimate for example.

In certain situations yes. Reindheardt with his shield up can block it for you, or, and very few people know this, mei in her ice block form can be used to hide behind

Jump behind groups of people, Drop Shield, attack fools, count down until you can jump away.

Hunt snipers (it took me a while to realize you can jump to high places by looking up and jumping)

Don't try to solo D. Va, Soldier 76, or anyone who is being healed by Mercy (personal experience has taught me this is a mistake and it will take forever to take them down.)

Ape Rage is best used for disrupting groups (rarely I get many kills with it). ABJ = Always Be Jumping. When it ends drop your shield you'll need the protection.

In certain situations yes. Reindheardt with his shield up can block it for you, or, and very few people know this, mei in her I've block form can be used to hide behind

The Ice Wall Mei makes can also block the blast, but it gets destroyed in doing so (which is still mighty good value)

TaterTots

Banned
I love Overwatch, but I do not like watching live streams of it. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like watching this game be played. I'd rather play myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom