• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I now understand the salt about the hit boxes for hanzos arrows.

A lot of Hanzos don't use any skill at all because of it. Just pop around a corner, aim at average head height, fire, go back in under a second. Rake in one shot headshot kills this way. It's probably something that does need to be fixed.

azyless

Sigh I'm so bad at aiming and tracking people with a m+kb I basically can't play anyone with precision shooting at all. My stubbornness to play all shooters with a controller has finally caught up to me. Like I even struggle lining up shots with Reaper if the person moves too much.
There are plenty of characters that don't require a lot of aiming, have you tried them ? I suck at shooters so I haven't played any of the offense characters/aiming-heavy characters for that reason, but I'm still having fun with the other ones.
And if you're determined to stick to them I guess you'll become better eventually, in the meantime as long as you're having fun it's not that important.

eek5

Sigh I'm so bad at aiming and tracking people with a m+kb I basically can't play anyone with precision shooting at all. My stubbornness to play all shooters with a controller has finally caught up to me. Like I even struggle lining up shots with Reaper if the person moves too much.

I just switched too since I don't want to play mercy or lucio all the time. My main problem is movement, jumping, crouching, and using my abilities. Not used to doing it all with my left hand so a lot of the times I'm just standing in one spot shooting which is bad. My aiming is a bit better than controller though which is about average.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Some games Symmetra just clicks and everything goes your way and it feels amazing. Just crushed a team on defense of anubis with her. Got gold for elims, objective elims, and even damage somehow with PotG to boot.

Even got the teleporter trophy (over 20 people used one in the match).

m4st4

I have seen the light that is Lucio.

I was terrible with him at first... but now it clicked and after two days of crushing defeats (last second defeats tend to piss me off) with occasional win sprinkled on the cake I now have 7 consecutive victories: dude's multipractic.

mandiller

Does anyone else keep getting disconnected mid-game on PC? I keep getting booted randomly back to the login screen. It happens about every second game. The official support forums has a huge thread about it. But no one with any answers or help. It's only this game I have issues with.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
A lot of Hanzos don't use any skill at all because of it. Just pop around a corner, aim at average head height, fire, go back in under a second. Rake in one shot headshot kills this way. It's probably something that does need to be fixed.

Hanzo is one of the least useful heroes in competitive and he's not super powered in casual play either. "Fixing" him in this case would probably destroy him.
Does anyone else keep getting disconnected mid-game on PC? I keep getting booted randomly back to the login screen. It happens about every second game. The official support forums has a huge thread about it. But no one with any answers or help. It's only this game I have issues with.

I had a lot of problems on launch day and never again until just today when I got randomly disconnected from the server right as my team won and it nullified the game for me.

catspit

Wait what? Wow, didn't know it's that harsh. Well it should be, since matches last for 5-10/15 minutes max.

I agree. I don't mind the penalty. Never knew it was so harsh.. I need to stop grabbing a drink from the fridge before a match starts. Afk kicked

I just wish it hasent lasted for the past hour

I feel like any time I get a full party going or close to it we start getting steamrolled by teams. The teams I'm on do way better when I'm soloing or duoing, I feel.
Same, but sometimes my random teammates are just dumb as fuck. The only match had me seething was me playing as Mercy, and other teammates kept walking into the meat grinder repeatedly, didn't know how to protect the only support, and didn't know to deal with turrets, they fucking walked past it. I quit mid-game.

24hr

Same, but sometimes my random teammates are just dumb as fuck. The only match had me seething is me playing as Mercy, and other teammates kept walking into the meat grinder repeatedly, didn't know how to protect the only support, and didn't know to deal with turrets, they fucking walked past it. I quit mid-game.

Totally off topic, but my god, your avatar is bae.

I played a game where my team was against six Genjis on Hanamura.

We lost the first point, and then counterpicked them to win. I was the only Winston, but I was probably their biggest counter.

grimmiq

I rarely (in fact never) see a Reinhardt get PotG so I was pretty pleased when I got this last night.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4pgNK533qrI

A group of 4 of us were destroying and having a proper laugh and I actually got 2 PotGs with Reinhardt. So much fun :D

Yeah I was pissed off when I got a triple kill with his shoulder tackle earlier today, POTG went to a Hanzo getting a triple with his ult. Mine drove 3 out of the objective too..

Matt Frost

Zero hours, and proudly. Probably won't ever touch him.

I played him a lot during beta because I like tanks (from my time with Battlefield) and his Ultimate ability sold me on him, but when the base game released I started to play with other characters and now I love Tracer, Pharah, Widowmaker and Reaper a lot more than him. Will probably will still play with him here and there but Tracer is the way to go: so much fun to play with her, the speed boost in marvelous. I even have Tracer on my iPhone background xD

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like any time I get a full party going or close to it we start getting steamrolled by teams. The teams I'm on do way better when I'm soloing or duoing, I feel.

happened yesterday to me. Like we were utterly destroyed.
I guess you need to practice together. most groups with more than 3-4 players are mostly people who have played together for a long time, they know each other and each others play-style pretty well.

So with a new group you will get kicked in the butt. you need a clan or group of regulars..I hope to find one.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody drop cash on the 50 loot boxes and not satisfied with the number of legendaries received? Thinking about making the plunge.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody drop cash on the 50 loot boxes and not satisfied with the number of legendaries received? Thinking about making the plunge.

I bought an eleven loot box set. got 7 costumes, two of them legendaries. maybe that helps with your decision :)

I've done it twice. RNG is RNG. I think I ended up with 5-6 legendary skins, one was a duplicate and ~2k gold from drops and duplicates. I'm something like level 37 and have between 20-25 items for each character. Ive purchased two skins for 2k, two epic skins for 500, and still have over 1500 gold.

My birthday was a few days before Overwatch came out and my brother extended by PS+ subscrip and got me some PSN cash that I just threw at loot crates right away. Ended up getting the 50 box set and ended up with about 2.4k gold to spend on costumes AFTER getting like 6 or 7 decent ones from the actual boxes, and then I was able to still buy a couple that I really wanted.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend anyone spending their own scratch on the big, big 50 box set unless they're absolutely sure they're going to play Overwatch for some time to come, but I figure since it wasn't direct from my pocket and I truly adore the art style of the game (which gives the aesthetic-only loot boxes a pretty deep appeal), I had no regrets doing it.

EDIT: To more directly answer the question, I got a decent amount of legendaries and enough gold to buy a couple specific ones that I wanted.

TheMink

Sorry I posted yesterday but didn't see the answers because my internet went out.

I can't get Overwatch above 60fps, I don't have the in game cap on. I am running at 4k but changing to 1080p doesn't change the framerate at all.

My rig:

i7
16gb Ram
SSD

I dropped $50 on a box pack. I got four legendaries(five, technically. One of them were credits) out of the boxes. I also got close to 2000 credits. Aside from that, I got maybe five epic skins, and a bunch of sprays, voice lines, player icons and the little stuff like that.

If you want to make the plunge, I say go for it. Your results may vary, of course.

system11

Could any console players tell me please - how is the field of view and movement compared to games like CoD and Battlefiend, or the Wolfenstein games?

I'm prone to significant motion sickness from some games - CoD/BF I can play all day just fine, Wolfenstein made me made me feel light headed and fatigued after about an hour of play. Unfinished Swan (yes, I know this is a totally different thing) knocked me off my feet for 3 hours and I still felt awful for the rest of the evening - after 15 minutes.

>Consistently top out Gold Medals in Elinations, Objective Kills, and Damage Done
>Lock down entire paths for the enemy team
>Team constantly bitching about having a Sniper

This is why I have a clan.

Braag

Was in a team which didn't even make it to the A objective in Temple of Anubis. I was playing Reinhardt and everyone else was attack, except one other who was playing widowmaker. When there was only a couple minutes left the rest of the team was frantically changing between different attack heroes trying to break the enemy line. In the end I had a gold medal for kills as Reinghardt with only 7 kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom