• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

I'd like to see the stats for Temple of Anubis on the final point. It's easily the worst map in the game to the point that I'd genuinely pay money to have it removed from the map pool.

The defenders spawn far too close to the point.

Cade

I'd like to see the stats for Temple of Anubis on the final point. It's easily the worst map in the game to the point that I'd genuinely pay money to have it removed from the map pool.

The defenders spawn far too close to the point.

It's so bad. It's to the point where next time I'm playing with a group I'm just gonna send three guys to hide and wait to backcap cause it's the only way we're ever taking B (barring a few lucky pushes).

Loving the game so far, but my least favorite part is when you get stuck with someone who's too busy playing deathmatch to risk a death and just touch the fucking point/payload in those key final moments.

Blues1990

It's only just now that I've noticed a tumbleweed comes by, whenever a McCree player activates his Deadeye ability.

It's such an odd little detail that you would never take notice of.

Anteo

lmao I just had a game were after we secured the payload my whole team run ahead and left the payload behind, I went with them because I was playing mercy but I had to go back to the payload to move it after I realized no one was there. Then I was called out on the chat because I wasnt healing anyone.

fresquito

Today I had my first experience with the game.

Positives
  • Fantastic graphics and sound design.
  • Good configuration options.
  • Maps seem to be well designed and are very fun.
  • Characters are also fun and unique.
  • Even though there's little new, the game still feels somehow fresh.
  • Great UI.
Negatives
  • While I understand the reasoning behind blocking map selection, going from map to map is very desorientating.
  • I'm not a fan of the change hero on the fly. You might find yourself trying to compensate or not compensate at all after a solid first pick. Maybe picking a role and then being able to pick a hero from that role could be better for balancing teams?
  • People are stupid. Half my attack games had two Hanzos. Some two Hanzos and one Widow. Don't let have more than one hero in the same team, please!
All in all, the positives easily outweight the negatives. In fact, the negatives are situational and I think most of the problems have to do with people (me included) being new to the game. Also retards that love their snipers way too much.

Playing with randoms is killing my joy with this game.

My team pick offensive heroes that I like to play and no one picks support, so I play support and then all my team does is actively ignore me and the objective.

When that happens to me and we're losing badly, I will eventually switch to offense as well because fuck you team, you don't deserve my heals.

Klyka

Banned

Negatives
  • I'm not a fan of the change hero on the fly. You might find yourself trying to compensate or not compensate at all after a solid first pick. Maybe picking a role and then being able to pick a hero from that role could be better for balancing teams?

Switching heroes is essential and anything that takes away from it is bad.

It's not a MOBA and you really don't have to switch all that often.

Rizzi

Torbjorn is fun as hell when you don't just sit behind your turret. People seem surprised whenever I run around shooting people and giving them armour. Shame most people don't seem to drop armour.

Anteo

[*]I'm not a fan of the change hero on the fly. You might find yourself trying to compensate or not compensate at all after a solid first pick. Maybe picking a role and then being able to pick a hero from that role could be better for balancing teams?
[/LIST]

Im not sure how I feel about it either, but it seems that a big part of the game is changing heroes in the middle of a game. You want to change your hero acording to what the enemy has, you want to force the enemy to repick some anoying heroes by countering them.

fresquito

Im not sure how I feel about it either, but it seems that a big part of the game is changing heroes in the middle of a game. You want to change your hero acording to what the enemy has, you want to force the enemy to repick some anoying heroes by countering them.
I understand that, but for pubs it is absolute chaos.

Anyone getting sometimes weird random movement? I read it might be latency issue, but my ping to the server was normal (30ish). One time I was just standing still and it moved me. Another time I had to exit a mei ult and I couldn't.

A team of Hanzos stands zero chance against a team of Genjis.

I know.

I just had a triple genji team who couldn't even bother to counter widowmaker...

rrs

One or two McCrees every game for both teams. I hope the next hero Blizzard brings in is a hard counter to him. He's just too good.
Fan the hammer can end a flank so fast that you'll be dead before you know what just happened

Sifl

How you know someone is bad as Widowmaker: They are in that room all the way on top in Kings Row, your team activates the Payload and all camp on it. The Widowmaker is shooting at you from the back and instead of trying to kill her you all just go "whatever" and leave her there because she's missing everything.

grimmiq

Well that sucked, was going great until the end when they switched to Roadhoggx2,Mercy,Torx2 and Junkrat and couldn't kill shit without Ultimates, and as soon as we did use one, Heroes Never Die!

haikira

Been playing on PC, and I've been having a blast, but unfortunately I don't have any friends playing.

I see there's a Google doc link on the opening post, holding gaffers and their handles. What's the correct protocol? Just send requests out, and also throw my name in the list?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing on PC, and I've been having a blast, but unfortunately I don't have any friends playing.

I see there's a Google doc link on the opening post, holding gaffers and their handles. What's the correct protocol? Just send requests out, and also throw my name in the list?
Yes

How you know someone is bad as Widowmaker: They are in that room all the way on top in Kings Row, your team activates the Payload and all camp on it. The Widowmaker is shooting at you from the back and instead of trying to kill her you all just go "whatever" and leave her there because she's missing everything.

oh. thought it would be Widowmaker tries to be a tank.

Well that sucked, was going great until the end when they switched to Roadhoggx2,Mercy,Torx2 and Junkrat and couldn't kill shit without Ultimates, and as soon as we did use one, Heroes Never Die!

I feel like pharah, soldier, reinhardt, junkrat, mccree, widowmaker, and zenyatta all do well against that. Probably more that I haven't thought of yet. Also depends on the map. Sometimes taking out mercy is very difficult and requires a solid flank or sniper to take out.

Zenyatta's orb of discord makes short work of roadhogs. The mercy won't be able to keep up with that kind of damage output. And you have a variety of characters that can take out turrets.

Ducktail

I've gotten several PoTG as Torbjörn. It just shows me banging the hammer nonstop on a well-placed turret.

That gets me everytime as I imagine what the other players are thinking.

Rad-

I don't understand Masteroverwatch ranking site. It doesn't show my stats? Last night I got a 49-11 game with Winston so I go and check for fun how it compares to others. That site says the best global elimination count with Winston for one game is 43. Why am I not in that list dammit!

I don't understand Masteroverwatch ranking site. It doesn't show my stats? Last night I got a 49-11 game with Winston so I go and check for fun how it compares to others. That site says the best global elimination count with Winston for one game is 43. Why am I not in that list dammit!

I think it doesn't update itself until you search for your profile.

edit:
Maybe I am talking about a different site though. I thought you meant watcher.gg

ThankeeSai

The amount of randoms that think the best way to hold the objective is to meet the enemy at their spawn is baffling. Just played a game where four teammates stood literally in the doorway waiting for the other team and were melted within seconds of the doors opening. Spamming group up does nothing

Had this happen so many times last night, it was ridiculous. My experience with randoms has honestly been mostly positive (I have a 60 something % win ratio, all playing with random). Last night was a car crash though. Went on a proper losing streak, mainly due to people playing like complete and utter chebs.

Apathy

Try watcher.gg master overwatch doesn't even have me whereas watcher does

One or two McCrees every game for both teams. I hope the next hero Blizzard brings in is a hard counter to him. He's just too good.

My group had a lengthy discussion about him last night. He makes the team so upset so we theorycrafted counters and D.va seems like a good bet. Her defense matrix will eat his whole flashbang and fan the hammer combo no problem and since he has no escapes, you should be able to bring him down before he can fan the hammer again.

One of them said they should change his flashbang to only stun when you're looking at it, like an actual flashbang would operate. It's a clever idea and makes sense.

I don't have much issue with his default attack and fan the hammer, they seem like they're in a good place currently.

You have to put in your Battletag/XBL/PSN for it to list you.

Try watcher.gg master overwatch doesn't even have me whereas watcher does

They seem to be the same thing. If you search for your profile on masteroverwatch it'll probably add you to the leaderboard. Seems like masteroverwatch is more popular though since I am lower on the rankings there.

edit
I am 28 junkrat KDA on watcher.gg and 40 on masteroverwatch.com

Do any of you know if there's 2 Lucios' on the same team both on the same track (I call speed/healing modes tracks) if the effect would be doubled for everyone in the radius?
So like your team would move faster or heal quicker than if there was just 1 Lucio?

NIN90

Anybody else getting random lag spikes since release? They usually last for around 3 seconds and nothing except me moves. Only getting that with this game.

You only get the leaver penalty if you leave a lot of matches. You need to skip out on 20% of your last matches. Only scientists can do the math on that, but it's greater than 1 and less than 20.

edit:Actually scratch that, I don't remember what % it is. Maybe it's 30%. I haven't gotten it once since they made it a bit more lenient.

Anybody else getting random lag spikes since release? They usually last for around 3 seconds and nothing except me moves. Only getting that with this game.

I was getting moments where my movement would get all random and screwy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom