• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alright thanks for the feedback. I'm level 20-something and haven't gotten a legendary drop yet, so I'm worried I'm going to be the one person that drops the cash on the 50 boxes and doesn't get a single legendary.

jfoul

Sorry I posted yesterday but didn't see the answers because my internet went out.

I can't get Overwatch above 60fps, I don't have the in game cap on. I am running at 4k but changing to 1080p doesn't change the framerate at all.

My rig:

i7
16gb Ram
SSD

Are you using HDMI? The GTX970 uses HDMI 2.0 which supports 4K/60Hz. I think Display Port 1.2 is also 4K/60Hz.

• Check the refresh rate of your monitor.
  • Check OC utility to make sure 60FPS lock isn't enabled.

edgefusion

Some games Symmetra just clicks and everything goes your way and it feels amazing. Just crushed a team on defense of anubis with her. Got gold for elims, objective elims, and even damage somehow with PotG to boot.

Even got the teleporter trophy (over 20 people used one in the match).

Given the right circumstances Symmetra can be amazing. I love it when an enemy Tracer tries to be cute and flanks you, thinking you're an easy target as support. Symmetras beam evaporates Tracer unless they play smart.

Wait what? Wow, didn't know it's that harsh. Well it should be, since matches last for 5-10/15 minutes max.

I just hope they fix the server issues. The overwatch forums are already filled with people getting disconnected every game and now it's happening to me too. After a few tries you end up getting the "leaver penalty" and it lasts for a certain amount of games instead of time based so even if you wait a few hours you'll still have the penalty plus you still might get disconnected.

liezryou

Alright thanks for the feedback. I'm level 20-something and haven't gotten a legendary drop yet, so I'm worried I'm going to be the one person that drops the cash on the 50 boxes and doesn't get a single legendary.

I was the same. Got 40$ worth of boxes and now have like 5 legendaries and 2k gold saved up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like symmetra is kinda op on some maps, and it's mostly been from me playing symmetra. Especially in pubs where they don't think to go look for teleports or check chokepoints.

Like, I don't think I've lost a game when I have a chance to set my shit up, and it's not that hard to set my shit up.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
gold objective kills as zenyatta at 2 kills. get called a moron for playing zenyatta and ruining the game.

i don't think i was the problem lads

24hr

I'm still so pleased I got PotG with Zarya, that really made me happy since it made us win the game. Now back to Hanzo dragon PotG.

Flintty

Yeah I was pissed off when I got a triple kill with his shoulder tackle earlier today, POTG went to a Hanzo getting a triple with his ult. Mine drove 3 out of the objective too..

The system can be annoyingly flakey at times, usually the same characters using the same old moves. I hope they tweak it soon. On the flip side, you know you did well when you get PotG on an outsider character :)

Rizzi

kWb0o7d.jpg

That Zenyatta skin is pretty cool, and the Zarya skin hides nearly all of her character so that's a plus.

ViviOggi

Why do icon Z's skins have to be so terrible....... guess I wouldn't mind getting the Industrial one but I'm sure as hell not gonna spend gold on such a low tier skin

Gator86

They may as well just patch in a legitimate 6 vs 1 mode.

Yup. Just played a game on Anubis where my team refused to pass that first chokepoint. I snuck by with Tracer and had the point half captured, eventually drawing their whole team. I hold them off for a few then die only to respawn to see my team waiting patiently at the gate for them to return. I just don't get it.

ViviOggi

That Zenyatta skin is pretty cool, and the Zarya skin hides nearly all of her character so that's a plus.

How is hiding her glorious character behind that sad excuse for goggles a plus

Also the textures on her coat are constantly glitching, thank me later

Zombine

Banned
I have a majority of the Legendary skins which is nice. Now when I get boxes I get a lot of dupes and the cash goes right to my account. I'll be able to just work on voice packs and skins for new characters now.

meshwork

I wish the Zenyatta skins didn't have those huge rings around the arms though. I got the Ifrit skin back in open beta and I couldn't use it because the rings kept distracting me.

TheMink

Are you using HDMI? The GTX970 uses HDMI 2.0 which supports 4K/60Hz. I think Display Port 1.2 is also 4K/60Hz.

• Check the refresh rate of your monitor.
  • Check OC utility to make sure 60FPS lock isn't enabled.

I am using HDMI is that bad? The refresh rate is 60Hz does that mean it can't go above 60fps? I'm new to PC gaming 😆

I am using HDMI is that bad? The refresh rate is 60Hz does that mean it can't go above 60fps? I'm new to PC gaming 😆

Disable vsync to go higher than 60fps, and you need to lower your resolution and use fullscreen mode, since a 970 can not achieve 60fps at 4K with borderless-windowed.

TheMink

Disable vsync to go higher than 60fps, and you need to lower your resolution and use fullscreen mode, since a 970 can not achieve 60fps at 4K with borderless-windowed.

Is that why the FPS counter says 59fps constantly at my current settings?

And would you recommend doing this? Will it look drastically worse? Or will it only look a little worse but preform much better?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
nothing worse then someone throwing a tantrum over PotG.
I got it, another one got crazy in the chat because of it.
I was playing with a guy who has been playing almost nothing but Mercy since closed beta and has gotten PotG one time back in 2015. The one game we played where a pub player picked Mercy be picked a different hero and she got PotG for doing a single revive and then damage boosting a guy who ran way from the fight. He politely asked her to uninstall the game in all caps.

i just had that MeiImHelping.png moment with her ice wall man had mccrees ult up and was just about to take 3 guys out when whoosh up comes a friendly ice wall :///////

MGrant

Is that why the FPS counter says 59fps constantly at my current settings?

And would you recommend doing this? Will it look drastically worse? Or will it only look a little worse but preform much better?

If you have a 120/144 Hz display, you can change the resolution in the options to enable it. It'll be something like "1920x1080 (144)" instead of "1920x1080 (59)." High frame rate only works over DisplayPort, DVI-D, or HDMI 1.3, though.

Robiin

How does the game choose play of the game? 90% it's a Genji going on an ultimate streak. Last game I got a 9 man kill streak as Soldier 76 within like 30 seconds, took out their tank, their healer and someone showering us with missiles from above (I can't remember the hero names yet) and everyone who even came close to the payload. Was probably the best play I ever did. But the Genji on the other team with an ultimate who killed three people got it...

TheMink

If you have a 120/144 Hz display, you can change the resolution in the options to enable it. It'll be something like "1920x1080 (144)" instead of "1920x1080 (59)." High frame rate only works over DisplayPort, DVI-D, or HDMI 1.3, though.

Yeah I'm using a TV, pretty sure it doesn't go above 60Hz.

jediyoshi

I am using HDMI is that bad? The refresh rate is 60Hz does that mean it can't go above 60fps? I'm new to PC gaming ��

Your display (like most) can't display over 60fps no matter what. Your computer can render more than 60fps.

If you're running windowed/borderless windowed in the options, it'll likely be fine. If you're running fullscreen, you might run into screen tearing which is some visual artifacting where the image might look split.

If you want the painless route, just choose borderless windowed and make sure vsync is off in the options.

MGrant

How does the game choose play of the game? 90% it's a Genji going on an ultimate streak. Last game I got a 9 man kill streak as Soldier 76 within like 30 seconds, took out their tank, their healer and someone showering us with missiles from above (I can't remember the hero names yet) and everyone who even came close to the payload. Was probably the best play I ever did. But the Genji on the other team with an ultimate who killed three people got it...

I think it looks at 8-10 second portions of the game, calculates a score for each portion based on total damage, kills, ultimate shutdowns, and resurrections. Ultimate shutdowns and resurrections seem to be worth more "points" than plain kills, but a quad kill or higher within an 8-10 second window is usually enough to get potg.

There are plenty of characters that don't require a lot of aiming, have you tried them ? I suck at shooters so I haven't played any of the offense characters/aiming-heavy characters for that reason, but I'm still having fun with the other ones.
And if you're determined to stick to them I guess you'll become better eventually, in the meantime as long as you're having fun it's not that important.

The point is to not shackle myself to just those like four or five characters that don't have any need to aim. And no I'm not really having any fun when I'm playing really any of the attackers that aren't Pharah, but that's kind of besides the point I can't be terrible at something forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom