• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
GGs to everyone I just played with (I was Fatal_X_Fate). Had 2 loot boxes and got a steambot legendary skin for Bastion which is neat...though I doubt I'll play him much anyway.

Durden77

With Tor man, it just seems like it's too easy to have the turret up. It doesn't cost any scrap as far as I can tell? Only armor does. Even upgrading it and fixing it. Shit fucking wrecks if you just get solid positioning. I went on a 40 kill game with him.

MartyStu

Holy shit. I just dominated multiple 5 v 1 encounters with Genji to win my team the wins.

The secret is jumping. A lot.

I feel like I have not been playing the character right until now.

Tonight in "things I thought would never happen", I got POTG as... Mercy and Symmetra.

Mercy was due to a double-res and lots of heals, Symmetra was because of some sick platforming around the payload (on defense) to earn a triple.

What a weird night of Overwatch.

R0ckman

How did they all manage to miss the entire enemy team passing by?

Not sure, I was Torb doing my job pretty decently, there was a bastion on the other side, not sure if he left or what. We had no tank, we had a Lucio, Genji and Reaper I think? Those three were in the potg kill that cost us the match where they ran back in the entrance as they were capturing the point. One guy on our team said some of them were on the right do maybe they all went right and around.

With Tor man, it just seems like it's too easy to have the turret up. It doesn't cost any scrap as far as I can tell? Only armor does. Even upgrading it and fixing it. Shit fucking wrecks if you just get solid positioning. I went on a 40 kill game with him.

Yeah, he's a fairly brain-dead character. I'd rather upvote Bastion, at least he has to aim.

ADS

Interesting note, at least on PC, once you rise in ranks a bit people seem to get really good, even if you're solo queuing. I've had at least 5 matches in a row where both teams were concentrating on the objective, using ults smartly, and switching characters as necessary.

The more I play this game the more I like it, the first day or so I wasn't all that positive, now I'm really digging it.

Xevren

Mainly played Lucio today, gotta say I think I like playing as him more over Mercy. Far less stressful and the healing is still really good. Lot of fun riding the walls too.

Holy shit. I just dominated multiple 5 v 1 encounters with Genji to win my team the wins.

The secret is jumping. A lot.

I feel like I have not been playing the character right until now.

That really depends. You can't change your movement nearly as quickly in the air as on the ground. It helps to jump, but you need to jump smart, or else it'll simply be even easier for you to get hooked. It also won't help you against Reinhardt's hammer.

BigDug13

Yeah, he's a fairly brain-dead character. I'd rather upvote Bastion, at least he has to aim.

He can be brain dead. The good ones are out wrecking shit with their shotgun, throwing armor everywhere. Super annoying when people are dying everywhere leaving scrap behind and yet we still get nothing from our Tor camping at his turret.

Mainly played Lucio today, gotta say I think I like playing as him more over Mercy. Far less stressful and the healing is still really good. Lot of fun riding the walls too.

I've also found that the enemy team generally doesn't target Lucio as hard as they do Mercy.

Just getting to fight while healing makes Lucio amazing. I've had matches where I've had 20 eliminations as Lucio.

I really like, really wish Mercy got to dual wield her staff and gun.

Having a really hard time getting the hang of this game and it's becoming super frustrating. Have a long history in FPS(CS1.5 and onwards, Quake 3, UT2k4, COD4 with a stupid amount of hours each to name a few) yet this one I am struggling big time.

Just finding it impossible to survive with the squishy characters. Also 21 characters yet every single match has Bastion, Reaper and Junkrat is becoming increasingly annoying. Im a huge Blizzard and FPS fan so I will continue hoping something clicks, but for now it's far from being fun.

MartyStu

In general, I personally find him to be much more fun to play.

He may not CC, Heal or Shield as well as others, but the fact that he can do all of those makes him pretty awesome.

Plus, he is probably the most effective support hero on a clutch offensive.

Danj

In videos of people playing I've seen people seemingly fly when playing Mercy, but I could never get that to work when playing her, what am I doing wrong? Or is it just a cosmetic thing or something?

Tor is probably better than the TF2 engineer.

Nah. Engie is a powerhouse, and his sentry is the center of a defense. He also has other buildings that make him a more useful (and interesting, imo) character. Sidegrades allow Engie to be more mobile, such as healing his sentry from afar or going for a more offensive minisentry.

Torby's more for setting up crossfire than being the defense.

In videos of people playing I've seen people seemingly fly when playing Mercy, but I could never get that to work when playing her, what am I doing wrong? Or is it just a cosmetic thing or something?

L-shift to someone higher than you are and you'll fly to them. Then hold space to slowly gloat down.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

isn't that just her shift power?

He may not CC, Heal or Shield as well as others, but the fact that he can do all of those makes him pretty awesome.

I actually find my total healing higher on him than Mercy in almost any situation because of how stupidly powerful his E key buff to his healing is.

pigeon

Banned
Wait wait... When D.va revives, is her ultimate maxed and ready? If so, then I don't feel so bad... unless I revive her alone among the other team... heh (Though I suppose that might be the perfect opportunity to get a titan fall kill? )

Mercy rezzes do leave you with mech summon ready to fire. The issue is mostly that you have about a second of vulnerability during the orbital drop, then about two seconds where your mech can take damage but you can't move yet.

I mean getting rezzed is still nice, just D.Va gets probably the least benefit if she's rezzed in a combat situation.

MartyStu

That really depends. You can't change your movement nearly as quickly in the air as on the ground. It helps to jump, but you need to jump smart, or else it'll simply be even easier for you to get hooked. It also won't help you against Reinhardt's hammer.

All true.

I usually stay as far away from Reinhardt as I can and bait him to doing something stupid instead of defending the point.

I am also usually more careful around Rodhogs. I have mostly been able to avoid getting hooked too much. But I also try not to double jump.

That said, I have been playing completely on the ground until now, so this has shot my survivablity waaaayyyy up.

I bought another 50 boxes because I have a problem
Only opened 25 now, saving the rest for tomorrow. Got lone wolf hanzo and about 10 epics, two of them currency.

Also got the esteemed 30g box. (Three commons and a rare, all dupes, 30g)

R0ckman

He and Tracer are the only characters I've gotten MVP with out of the characters I consistently play.

It really helps knowing how to play characters so you know what strats are common. Killed both a Winston and a Lucio because they were using strategies I was familiar with.

Winston rampages point, widdle his health down a bit, throw a pulse bomb on him - "sorry big guy!"

Lucio is annyoingly skating up and around the payload to stall us out, toss pulse bomb on top of payload "boom goes the beat."

MartyStu

I bought another 50 boxes because I have a problem
Only opened 25 now, saving the rest for tomorrow. Got lone wolf hanzo and about 10 epics, two of them currency.

Also got the esteemed 30g box. (Three commons and a rare, all dupes, 30g)

Dude you have a problem. I am going to ridicule you now, but know that it comes from a place of caring:

Ahhh, the famed whale. Michael Morhaime eats well tonight.

Herla

He can be brain dead. The good ones are out wrecking shit with their shotgun, throwing armor everywhere. Super annoying when people are dying everywhere leaving scrap behind and yet we still get nothing from our Tor camping at his turret.

Yup, the right-click is a tank shredder. Every time I get potg as him it's me going around shooting people in the face, the turret is just there to make the job easier.

Think of him as a pet class, not an engineer.

Duraigo

Fantastic.......out of all the games my PS4 decides to accidentally ejects repeatedly due to the touch eject button, it's does it to the one game where leaving mid-match can result in penalties. This is now the third time this has happened, and sadly during a match where we were close to winning.

Fantastic.......out of all the games my PS4 decides to accidentally ejects repeatedly due to the touch eject button, it's does it to the one game where leaving mid-match can result in penalties. This is now the third time this has happened, and sadly during a match where we were close to winning.

As in eject the disc? How does that even happen?

Crosspost from the fanart thread:

tumblr_o7ec4xo0ab1ugv62no1_1280.png

Xevren

Just getting to fight while healing makes Lucio amazing. I've had matches where I've had 20 eliminations as Lucio.

I really like, really wish Mercy got to dual wield her staff and gun.

I wish something like that too. I haven't had any 20 elim games but I got some in the teens so far. His little shockwave blast is so godlike, it's way too fun knocking people off the map.

This was intentional, right?

Let's go with that. ;)

I wish something like that too. I haven't had any 20 elim games but I got some in the teens so far. His little shockwave blast is so godlike, it's way too fun knocking people off the map.

Even his speed boost attributes to his effectiveness. You simply get back into the fight so much faster as Lucio after a death. Mercy just craaaaawwwwls back. I sometimes wish people would come back so I could shift dash to them.

Had some awesome ass games as Mei.

One of them tho... the other teams Mercy was right on point. I threw down a blizzard and eliminated like half their team... but she was outside of it and was able to resurrect them all.

oh well.. Got POTG later on with Mei tho, and it was sweet.

XenoRaven

Matchmaking is so good. It's really fun when your team picks 50% offensive heroes on defense and literally does not even delay the payload for even one second.

I deal with this shit in Smite already. I don't need it in Overwatch.

BigDug13

Why are there missing options on the PS4 version? Lucio's character specific control settings is supposed to have a section called "hero" with "hold to crossfade: on/off". Where is it? Why do PC players get to burst speed song as a held sprint button and revert back to heal when released while PS4 is only allowed to toggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom