• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

Welcome to the club.

Whack some music on and get to posting funny reaction gifs.

loading.gif

It's half 11 at night, my copy still hasn't shipped bit Amazon UK still says arriving tomorrow even though I don't have Prime or anything. What's the chances it does actually arrive tomorrow?

On one hand, it's Blizzard. Their games launch like none other.

On the other hand, it's Blizzard. They've done this 20 times and most of the time it works...but sometimes, Diablo III.

I'm sure it will work though, I'll be really disappointed if it doesn't.

Diablo III has sold somewhere over 33m copies in its lifetime, I would be impressed if Overwatch did 2/3rd of that

3.5 million sales Diablo 3 had on the first day.

Shifty

Aaaand youtube just conked out my monstercat playlist.

Now I'm just sitting here vibrating violently while I wait for Overwatch.

I have the Doom soundtrack playing and it makes it look like he's head banging along

Same lol

Downloaded 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯🌐🏧🆒🆕🔜🛐♋️📂🎊🔫💣⚔👏👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👏

My collector's Edition just arrived. I normally throw away the boxes to save space, but man, this is well designed, high quality stuff. I'm going to make an exception just this once and hold on to box. :D

I must say that Blizzard has made a real comeback in public opinion. The last time a Blizzard game was so hyped was Diablo III, which was a mess on launch and a lot of people didn't like it.

Reactions to Mists of Pandaria, Warlords and Legion were tepid, as was Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void. People seemed excited for Reaper of Souls and it turned out to be good, which helped the upswing in opinion.

I don't remember much hype for Hearthstone, even though it's become such a juggernaut. HotS is just kinda there

But with Overwatch it seems like Blizzard has rekindled the massive hype they used to pull in with releases like Wrath of the Lich King, StarCraft II and Diablo III. They are back in top form. As a long time fan I never stopped liking them but they did have a rough period, and it makes me happy that it feels like they are back to being the biggest developer around.

3.5 million sales Diablo 3 had on the first day.

Thanks for the correction.

Liberty4all

Banned
The great thing for me about this, I've been too busy with real life lately and missed the last 6 months of titles. Two days ago I decided I needed a new game and crash course researched Doom, Battleborn, Paragon, Paladin and Overwatch. Decided on Overwatch last night, watched the animated shorts and pre ordered.

So glad I didn't have to go through the months long agony it seems a lot of folks went through waiting for launch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up. about to do my first all nighter in... dude I dont even know, 15 years? when did Vandal Hearts came out, that was my last all nighter lol

err with a game I mean. As someone who works graveyard shift, I technically do all nighters every day ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom