• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maffis

Not really. While Heavy isn't really mobile, Bastion isn't at all. They don't have much in common.

D'va is probably more closer. She excels in close combat if you score headshots. She also has alot of HP and she can negate damage with her special ability.

I'm such an idiot, I forgot Activision owns Blizzard. This should be a similar hit like Destiny in terms of sales( 8-10 million first year), so Activision should be okay if Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare does not sell well.

Less than 45 minutes until probably disappointment!

yzLlY10.gif

jorgejjvr

Going home from work early for this, hopefully I make it in time!

Regardless, I should be able to be playing with gaf soon!

Psn: jorgejjvr

I'm such an idiot, I forgot Activision owns Blizzard. This should be a similar hit like Destiny in terms of sales( 8-10 million first year), so Activision should be okay if anything else does not sell well for them this year.

Blizzard was actually big enough that the company ActiVision is now called "ActiVision Blizzard" and they didn't buy them, it was a merger.

Blizzard's expectations for the game are to launch as successful as Diablo III (3.1m in 24h) and Warlords of Draenor (3.3m) which seems like a slam dunk, given that Overwatch is also on PS4 and XBO

I'm such an idiot, I forgot Activision owns Blizzard. This should be a similar hit like Destiny in terms of sales( 8-10 million first year), so Activision should be okay if Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare does not sell well.

Activision Blizzard owns Blizzard. Activision and Blizzard are still two separate developers that don't own one or the other.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Taking a gamble on those new Nvidia drivers, wish me luck!

This is overwatch, not Battleborn

Won't be a disappointment.

See, this is why JRPGs shouldn't end with 'friendship and hope saved the day.'

Reality doesn't work that way! BLIZZARD doesn't work that way! If you hope like that you're just going to get yourself hurt!

Next thing you know you'll be whittling soap structures because at least THEY won't lie to you.

Johndoey

Banned

More of a merger, and Activision even in the virtually impossible case of IW selling poorly Activision would eat the cost fairly easily.

GReeeeN

Mine just got here. IMO, totally worth the money. Good quality on the figurine, with lots of really nice details and good size, the art book is a nice art book, not one of those crappy small booklets. Postcards are nice, also got the OST, some skins for all games as well. Overall i am pretty happy. Ask me any questions here or over PM if you want something more specific.

Does it come with any OW exclusive skins?, or only skins for other blizzard games such as sc2, etc?

Over/under on how quickly the servers will melt? Surely they couldn't have foreseen this hype.

On one hand, it's Blizzard. Their games launch like none other.

On the other hand, it's Blizzard. They've done this 20 times and most of the time it works...but sometimes, Diablo III.

I'm sure it will work though, I'll be really disappointed if it doesn't.

Will the Overwatch hype train surpass that of Diablo 3? We shall see in 36 mintues

Diablo III has sold somewhere over 33m copies in its lifetime, I would be impressed if Overwatch did 2/3rd of that

Blizzard was actually big enough that the company ActiVision is now called "ActiVision Blizzard" and they didn't buy them, it was a merger.

Blizzard's expectations for the game are to launch as successful as Diablo III (3.1m in 24h) and Warlords of Draenor (3.3m) which seems like a slam dunk, given that Overwatch is also on PS4 and XBO

Wow, learned something new today. Thanks! If Blizzard is really expecting that, then this could be 10-12m for the first year. I really think this game is going to have strong word of mouth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom