• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I-hate-u

I know some folks here are not happy about character nerfs talk, but (talking about pro play here) Sombra having her ult every fight (basically every 20 seconds or so) doesn't seem fair, does it?

MCD

Got my smurf up to platinum after neglecting the account for a few weeks. Teamed up with two kids from Saudi Arabia who were also using smurfs, we rolled over every team we faced. One of them was deadly with McCree, to a point which I don't think I've seen before (bar pro scene) his accuracy was near kbm level.

Felt good to play low pressure games for the night, had some bad luck the other day in a 6 stack and lost several. It just wasn't clicking for us unfortunately but that's the way it goes sometimes.

That's why you were online with two accounts hahaha

Blues1990

I know some folks here are not happy about character nerfs talk, but (talking about pro play here) Sombra having her ult every fight (basically every 20 seconds or so) doesn't seem fair, does it?

It's an excellent "initializer" ability, but getting the most value out of it in fights depends on the team you're working with.

I-hate-u

It's an excellent "initializer" ability, but getting the most value out of it in fights depends on the team you're working with.

It's an ability that basically buys your team 30 additional seconds on the clock as defenders.

God, these DLC characters are just ridiculous. What will happen when people discover Orisa's potential, or worse, Doomfist's (who looks insane day 1 unlike the rest of the DLC characters did)?

Blues1990

It's an ability that basically buys your team 30 additional seconds on the clock as defenders.

God, these DLC characters are just ridiculous. What will happen when people discover Orisa's potential, or worse, Doomfist's (who looks insane day 1 unlike the rest of the DLC characters did)?

Yes, but Sombra get's the most value out of her ult when he/she catches the enemy team with their pants down and they have no means to defend themselves. Solider 76 and Zarya create good synergies with that character, for example. But using EMP without someone on your team to follow up is pretty meaningless.

Now that you've mentioned it, I still miss the speed boost that Nano Boost gave to the player. *sigh*

Orisa can be a pos to deal with when she uses her ult in a group.

Yet, she sucks as an anchor tank. Oops!

I-hate-u

Now that you've mentioned it, I still miss the speed boost that Nano Boost gave to the player. *sigh*

With the current Reaper? *shudders*

Btw I have seen pros use EMP just to kill Zenyatta, and that is enough to stop the enemy team from pushing. You basically need someone like Kariv to predict an EMP and ult before she gets to you, or stay far away from the team to avoid getting caught.

It's pretty nasty.

Blues1990

With the current Reaper? *shudders*

Well, I missed it when you applied it to the Tank Heroes.

If anything, I wished the speed boost from Nano worked only on the tanks, and Lucio's Speed Boost didn't stack on top of that.

Btw I have seen pros use EMP just to kill Zenyatta, and that is enough to stop the enemy team from pushing. You basically need someone like Kariv to predict an EMP and ult before she gets to you, or stay far away from the team to avoid getting caught.

It's pretty nasty.

Of course. But I'm talking about outside of the professional circuit, what with how unpredictable your random teammates can be.

CaA0VzSWIAAw-X0.jpg

Lol autocorrect

It's a tough situation because more than any other hero Sombra is ONLY OP at the pro level. At lower levels she still isn't that good even if players are getting better with her and teams are better playing around her.

They have to at least nerf her EMP charge rate though, and if they want to rework her they could maybe buff another part of her kit.

I-hate-u

Makes you think if they should have different patches for pro and ladder play.
Reminder: Blizzard takes Quick Play into account for patch data.......

I never play QP seriously and I am sure other do too.

Blues1990

Yep. Anything to get good ol' grampa and granny in the meta again.

A speedy nano boosted Reinhardt was a scary thing to deal with. Especially with the accompany voice line "Are you ready? 'HERE I COME!" as you see a gigantic German with a big ass hammer came in walloping the enemy team.

But, yes, Beyblade Reaper was incredibly stupid and was a justifiable reason to get rid of the speed boost from Ana's Nano Dart.

LiK

I am honestly tired of Mercy rezzes in Comp. Not hard to counter, it's just tiring. Her Ult charges way too fast. We were playing on Horizon last night and it was literally constant rezzes between both our teams in Point B. It was ridiculous.

I-hate-u

I am honestly tired of Mercy rezzes in Comp. Not hard to counter, it's just tiring. Her Ult charges way too fast. We were playing on Horizon last night and it was literally constant rezzes between both our teams in Point B. It was ridiculous.

Mercy solo healing = rez every fight

Mercy is the Sombra of competitive play confirmed.

Blues1990

Makes you think if they should have different patches for pro and ladder play.
Reminder: Blizzard takes Quick Play into account for patch data.......

I never play QP seriously and I am sure other do too.

I still can't take them seriously for that bit. You know, given how Quick Play isn't exactly a great mode to play in.

Given how Zarya had her Ultimate growth rate slowed to a crawl, making it so that you had to make it count in a fight, I think it's only fair if Mercy get's similar treatment with her's. It's bullshit.

If they ever instituted MOBA-style character bans as part of a mode I would always vote to ban Mercy from every match.

MCD

You know what I am tired of? Ppl shooting at Zarya.

FFS why is she super charged right from the fucking start fffffffff

28XX to 26XX. The fall is fast and hard, it's just pointless. Why does my team always have a leaver? So far I've had eight games where someone on my team has left. The same has happened to the other team once. The more I play comp, the more I see it's just a waste of time. Yeah, I might get a few good games here and there, but most are just trash blowouts because you always have somebody that doesn't want to switch off their Junkrat or Widow.

Man, I wish we had a hitscan for this Pharah. Nah, lets just stay on Junkrat and Reaper!

LiK

We were lucky last night to have enemy team get a leaver. They failed at capturing Point B of Anubis and the guy left so the next round was easy.

LiK

This will lure folks back to PS4, good thinking!

Really though, it's a nice feeling, it's all like "vwoooom" and then you fry them.

It's like massaging my hands. When Winston lands, there's a similar effect. Really cool. The rumble doesn't get enough credit in this game cuz the main youTubers/Reddit play mainly on PC. But I am constantly impressed with how every weapon and ability feels different with rumble in this game. The unsung heroes are the rumble programmers.

Talonz

If they ever instituted MOBA-style character bans as part of a mode I would always vote to ban Mercy from every match.

Matches are way more fun when she isn't involved. I've always thought giving a hero a group rezz ability in this game to be way too match changing. It also helps in creating stalemates.

Had a really good 4-1 last night (had 5 wins the night before) Only lost the last game because someone on our team decided to ice wall our spawn. I'm game tonight if you want to group up fox.

Decide, my psn is Berserking-Guts if you want to group :)

LiK

Rewatched 'Dragons' short and I wonder when we'll get another animated short again. It's been way too long.

Hey if any euroGaffers wanna play OW, I'm looking for more people. Averaging around 2500 in comp score, always running with a mic, can join Discord, Teamspeak and Mumble servers. Main Reinhart, but am very flexible and proficient Soldier, Mercy, Ana, Lucio, Zenyatta, Reaper, Dva, Zarya, Winston and Mei.

My battletag is Fudgepuppy#2176

I like Orisa, but I wish she had some kind of mobility option. Given that they play up her horse aspect, some kind of Trample ability would be better than her defensive armor one. Just let me run at +50% movespeed and stun and damage people I hit for a small duration.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I like Orisa, but I wish she had some kind of mobility option. Given that they play up her horse aspect, some kind of Trample ability would be better than her defensive armor one. Just let me run at +50% movespeed and stun and damage people I hit for a small duration.
Why would she charge shes a hold the line type. If anything would have gotten an over the top knockback. But we got her orb instead

Great read, thanks for posting LiK.

I actually watched that your overwatch video last nite. I hope they do change the way the system ranks and gives out sr.

Maybe a fresh start to MMR as if it was the first comp season, and sr gains factored by if your team was the underdog or not would help clean up comp.

It would have to at least be better than what we have happening now.

LiK

Great read, thanks for posting LiK.

I actually watched that your overwatch video last nite. I hope they do change the way the system ranks and gives out sr.

Maybe a fresh start to MMR as if it was the first comp season, and sr gains factored by if your team was the underdog or not would help clean up comp.

Yea, dropping people 200-300 SR after placements and making people regain that in 50 games is really stupid, imo. Why punish people in the following season so they would "feel better" about their wins with bonus SR? The climb is already tough enough without the SR win streak swings now along with so many randoms tilting, throwing, leaving etc, then it becomes quite a chore no matter how good you play.

I also watched the Your Overwatch video that was mentioned in the article and the way SR works is just incredibly infuriating. It makes you really question Blizzard's approach to the SR system.

That Kotaku article is absolute trash. It just reiterates misconceptions from the Battle.net forums.

I think the complaints mirror what's been said in this thread.

Why would she charge shes a hold the line type. If anything would have gotten an over the top knockback. But we got her orb instead
As a getaway and quick way to exposition for a shield when they push in. That is my main problem with her. Once someone closes in on her it's over.

She could get the knockback, but personally I like mobility options and trampling people sounds fun.

I don't know if a complete fresh start is a good idea - then you'd get Seagulls matched up with Bronzes for a while at the beginning and it would be even more of a shit show.

What I'd hope for is some sort of rolling MMR algorithm, where it tabulates it by your last 500-600 games or something like that. Like I know I sucked the first couple months I played the game, but I've learned and improved my technique. But my MMR is always going to have those initial shitty games where I died 20 times a match because I would always charge directly onto to the point from spawn regardless of what my team or the enemy team was doing, and would usually promptly die right away.

Also QP MMR shouldn't influence the competitive MMR as QP is a mess 90% of the time.

Top Bottom