• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Good point, and well made.

I get that you wanted to play competitive and all, but there really isn't any need to burn yourself out so quickly.

I've been playing 3-4 hours on weekends and one hour on weekdays, just forcing myself to go up one level. I've tried every arcade mode, stuck with a different class each day to improve. My K/D has improved, I am much better at staying alive as a healer, I can survive ults that would mess me badly. But it's still completely random if we win (and level up faster or lose), with no tanks or no healer, leaving the capture point unattended, being matched about very possible stacks, or just being removed removed because of leavers. It was fun while learning, but now I just want to grab the mic and scream "STAY FUCKING TOGETHER!".

Mostly because next week I'm assisting to a massive lanparty with an OW tournament and i wanted to be sorta measurable before getting on a last minute team (the ones mostly doing it to participate), but I'm not used to replay the same modes over and over.

Also, dumbest Hanjo I have ever seen. The urges to leave the match some times because everything is like a scene from Kindergaten Cop.

Geneijin

The grind to unlock Competitive is giving me a nasty burnout. I'm 1.5 levels away from it, and I am getting so tired of doing the same types of match every day that I wonder if this is still fun at all.

I'm probably leaving the game once I reach 25 (just to feel like I actually achieved something), and coming back from time to time or when there's an event... But right now I am so tired after weeks of training on QP and arcade. Yesterday I disabled skirmish and in the end I was playing with the 3DS while it took it's damn time to find matches.
Sounds like you're working yourself up to a high MMR if you're struggling to find games on a new account.

Blues1990

I've been playing 3-4 hours on weekends and one hour on weekdays, just forcing myself to go up one level. I've tried every arcade mode, stuck with a different class each day to improve. My K/D has improved, I am much better at staying alive as a healer, I can survive ults that would mess me badly. But it's still completely random if we win (and level up faster or lose), with no tanks or no healer, leaving the capture point unattended, being matched about very possible stacks, or just being removed removed because of leavers. It was fun while learning, but now I just want to grab the mic and scream "STAY FUCKING TOGETHER!".

Mostly because next week I'm assisting to a massive lanparty with an OW tournament and i wanted to be sorta measurable before getting on a last minute team (the ones mostly doing it to participate), but I'm not used to replay the same modes over and over.

Also, dumbest Hanjo I have ever seen. The urges to leave the match some times because everything is like a scene from Kindergaten Cop.

If you're playing the PC version, feel free to add me. (Blues1990#1733)

Just let me know what your B.Net ID is, so that I won't remove you by mistake.

Sounds like you're working yourself up to a high MMR if you're struggling to find games on a new account.

3-4 minutes at its lowest, if it happens faster than that, it's usually a backfill. On arcade modes, it goes past five :( I have a pretty decent internet connection (12-17 ms on ISP, 28ms on OW), so I don't think it's playing a factor on finding similar players.

Geneijin

3-4 minutes at its lowest, if it happens faster than that, it's usually a backfill. On arcade modes, it goes past five :( I have a pretty decent internet connection (12-17 ms on ISP, 28ms on OW), so I don't think it's playing a factor on finding similar players.
Yeah, sounds like it. I've leveled a friend's account before to 25, and that was like my average wait time because I never remembered the queue times being so long with my main. My only assumption is because of my Gold-level MMR (compared to when I was a Silver). If the matchmaking can't find a lot of low level accounts for your queue, you're in for a wait. I've learned my lesson then by leveling my alt account in a group for Quick Play. It's still a long grind though.

At first it was easy to get matched. now it feels like I am in between. Either pretty good teams, or terrible ones. The highest SR I have seen in recent players is 1100, BTW.

I don't exactly have the reaction time of a teenager, so team play is vital for me.

PatjuhR

Ok guys,

I decided I like Sombra and her skills. Now I'd like to get good with her. Any tips?

I know I have to use her hacking more, but as I haven't played her much at all I don't really know what happens for every different hero I hack. Mercy can still heal after I hack her right? I also have to learn that invisibility is not an escape route in difficult situations.

Please advise! I have fun playing Sombra.

MCD

Ok guys,

I decided I like Sombra and her skills. Now I'd like to get good with her. Any tips?

I know I have to use her hacking more, but as I haven't played her much at all I don't really know what happens for every different hero I hack. Mercy can still heal after I hack her right? I also have to learn that invisibility is not an escape route in difficult situations.

Please advise! I have fun playing Sombra.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...how_to_play_with_a_sombra_on?ref=search_posts

LiK

Playing without warming up is rough, that Gibraltar game felt awful.

And it looks like I stole the spot from Elza :

Sorry about that. At least you didn't have to see Owzers feed, there's a bright side.

Haha, that's okay, I was almost done for the night anyway. 5-6 stack is rough. At least we stomped Anubis which is one of our most hated maps. Lots of synergy there. Only gained 23 SR from the wins and losses for the night. At least it was a net gain.

I need to upload my PotM as Junk from last night before you joined. The beautiful Sextuple kill voiceline popped.

LiK

Lol, didn't know EMP did more than just mass hacking. That already helps a lot. Really looking forward to target more enemy DVA's. I like playing as DVA but I'm annoyed playing against her.

As soon as I see a Dva as Zen, I immediately Discord her and spam attacks. Works 80% of the time in taking her Meka out unless her team is good at protecting her or she escapes.

They are thinking of buffing Hog defenses, whatever that means.

Hopefully it won't be something like "Here, have some armor, you're good to go now".

Seems pretty clear we won't go back to OHK, but at least I wish they would reduce the hook cooldown.
They already fucked up his niche/role/fun so whatever. Ugh.

LiK

Hog armor would make sense. Altho I'm nto sure how that makes him any better. I still hate him cuz he can still one shot me as Zen.

The Zarya buff feels unnecessary to me. I like it for heroes like Mercy and Genji but why can't Tracer and Sombra teleport out of it? It feels better for the Zarya now but worse for heroes that really should be able to escape.

Wtf happened to Lucio's skins? The Jazz one looks ridiculous and frog face is just plain stupid.

How dare you

I don't get Blizzard's train of thought.

Everyone: "Mercy's Rez needs a fix. Roadhog has been nerfed to oblivion. Dive has become too powerful."

Blizzard: "Here are some McCree and Zarya changes!"

I get that Blizzard has to balance the game for all skill levels, but did they really need to make McCree and Zarya's skills even more braindead? Why not just give every character Nanovisor as a cooldown ability?

It never fails someone leaves on my team. We'll be doing good and someone will still leave, it just doesn't matter. Yet, I rarely see it happen for the other team. This game is just a slot machine.

LiK

The McCree stun buff is quite welcomed especially against flankers. Gonna be a pain for the receiver but it's a good buff if you have an annoying enemy Tracer all over you.

I still wish they would shave some time off McCrees cool downs, I want them both to be 6 seconds instead of 8.

At least the roll, 8 seconds is an eternity when you have no mobility.

Stealth edit: I'd also like a passive for every hero.

RemiLP

I don't get Blizzard's train of thought.

Everyone: "Mercy's Rez needs a fix. Roadhog has been nerfed to oblivion. Dive has become too powerful."

Blizzard: "Here are some McCree and Zarya changes!"

I get that Blizzard has to balance the game for all skill levels, but did they really need to make McCree and Zarya's skills even more braindead? Why not just give every character Nanovisor as a cooldown ability?

Did you read jeffs thoughts on balancing? Its pretty good. And im glad are doing it the way they are

Did you read jeffs thoughts on balancing? Its pretty good. And im glad are doing it the way they are
Some of it was good. Other parts seemed confusing. Why is Quick Play a huge consideration in game balance? You aren't even attempting to play organized and intelligent matches in that mode. Why say 1-shots aren't OK in Overwatch when a huge portion of the cast can do this, including the new character?

I did and I agree with some of the points he brought up.

But I also agree with what Anne posted earlier in the thread regarding counterplay and making characters too easy. Good McCrees already light me up with flashbang. I don't need bad McCrees having an easier time with it. And good Zaryas already can pull off good Gravitons by positioning correctly or waiting for certain characters to be taken out of the equation. Now the counterplay to ANY Zarya is spread the fuck out like Junkrat's ult counterplay, except at least that's only when you hear him use his tire. Now if Zarya MIGHT have ult, everyone has to play split up until she uses it.

I get that these changes + Doomfist are supposed to indirectly lessen the dive meta, but that doesn't make them good changes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DEkqO07UwAEuZc8.jpg

DEkqQ1WUAAAkBLZ.jpg

PatjuhR

Like I said, still gotta get all 6. I don't see that happen often these days.

Agreed. Sure you will get in a boosted sessions or if you play with a Zarya you know and can communicate with (and only ults when your ult is ready).

But in normal gameplay I do not see it happening very much.

Mr Git

Just played my first comp game in ages and absolutely beasted it on Horizon. It's mid afternoon before work so I'm sober. Might have to try sobriety play more often.

RemiLP

Some of it was good. Other parts seemed confusing. Why is Quick Play a huge consideration in game balance? You aren't even attempting to play organized and intelligent matches in that mode. Why say 1-shots aren't OK in Overwatch when a huge portion of the cast can do this, including the new character?

I dont think he said they are balancing the Game from quick play. Just that what we think is the meta, is not actually the meta we play. And this is also valid in comp. We complain about dive, even tho we dont actually play dive.

Dont know why some 1 hits are ok, but probably has something to do with how fair People precive them.

Dont know why some 1 hits are ok, but probably has something to do with how fair People precive them.

Pretty sure people have perceived Hanzo's scatter arrow as BS for a long time and nothing has been done to fix that. I got one-shot as Orisa by a Hanzo scatter arrow last night and that shit is more infuriating than Roadhog's hook ever was.

LiK

Pretty sure people have perceived Hanzo's scatter arrow as BS for a long time and nothing has been done to fix that. I got one-shot as Orisa by a Hanzo scatter arrow last night and that shit is more infuriating than Roadhog's hook ever was.

Yah, you basically got hit by most of the arrrows. They do even more damage if he got damage boosted by Mercy or someone else. I really hate how BS they are sometimes.

The Doomfist trophies look pretty easy. I don't think I'll ever get the Orisa 'pull enemies into x amount of damage'.

Only played a handful of comp matches last night because I had a ridiculous 46-3, 4 gold medal KOTH match with DVa. 6 randoms vs 6 randoms and we completely destroyed them.

Left on the high note.

RemiLP

Yeah, scatter arrow is as bad of a 1 hit as you can get :p

Damnit just thinking about all the times I get one hit by scatter arrow infuriates me.

It's the only ability in the game that consistently infuriates me on a regular basis. Most annoying abilities I can at least go "well, I made a mistake and put myself in a position for Roadhog to hook me" or something. Scatter arrow is "oh, you have full HP and don't know where Hanzo is AT ALL TIMES? Okay you're dead."

Only played a handful of comp matches last night because I had a ridiculous 46-3, 4 gold medal KOTH match with DVa. 6 randoms vs 6 randoms and we completely destroyed them.

Left on the high note.

When were you on last night? It wasn't showing you as online in the OW menu when I looked. I couldn't see Lik as online either, dunno if there's some sort of bug I have to restart to clear.

LiK

When were you on last night? It wasn't showing you as online in the OW menu when I looked. I couldn't see Lik as online either, dunno if there's some sort of bug I have to restart to clear.

I keep ending up offline for some people even tho I am clearly online. I dunno why it happens either.

The more I struggle the faster I sink.

KotH and this Diamond will not get off Widow. We ask him to switch, we weren't even rude about it and he just flips out. Pretty much calling everyone else shit and the team sucks. I'm not the 2700 Diamond Widow.

Top Bottom