• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Crzy1

My games have gotten a bit better this week. That being said, my game is crashing randomly now for some reason, lost about 100 SR yesterday from my client crashing near the start of the match. I only won one of my placement matches, but somehow ended up in platinum, but doesn't feel like I'll be climbing out unless my crashing issue fixes itself.

That being said, my matches still feel wildly imbalanced, generally. Have only had a couple of close calls, guess I'll see in a week or so if things settle a bit. Can't wait for the Mercy and DVA changes to roll, maybe I'll get people who instalock Mercy to heal rather than hide and let everyone on the team die. Hardly ever regain enough momentum after a team-wipe rez for it to be very effective anyway. I am sad about the Witch Mercy rez line seemingly going away, it was my favorite, but it's a positive change overall.

This season is definitely better than 5 for me.

Still get put against 5-6 stacks when I solo q tho. Also still getting 3-4 stacks that all go dps but not as often.

Newest meta report showing Hog and Rat pickrates up, Winston and DF pickrates down.

what a time to be alive

Got a POTG as hog today...on Numbani defence. Both Zarya's used their ults about 5ft from each other in Overtime and I had my Ult up...so while Mercy and Ana pumped everything into me I just tapped Q and let rip. It was unimpressive but with his new E, 'Hog feels fun. Still feel like his damage could do with a slight buff, or maybe some damage increasing passive based on killstreaks.

This season is definitely better than 5 for me.

Still get put against 5-6 stacks when I solo q tho. Also still getting 3-4 stacks that all go dps but not as often.

This season has been terrible for me. Well, placements were a disaster...but I've suffered from the pox that is quitters and dc'ers, and generally toxic team mates. Although i did have a really fun game on Eichenwalde yesterday with some guy from New Zealand who got mildly offended when we thought he was Australian. The SR losses feel much harsher to me than last season too, but the MMR has been...much better in finding an average.

Still waiting on that god-damn Mercy rework though. I have discovered the love that is Orisa, bought the golden gun for Zarya and rediscovered my zest for Ana...but the game just feels less rewarding this season, although when you are a Support main it can be easy to feel like you're the butt of everyone's jokes and the first person to get flamed :p

This is a frequent problem ATM for me.

Team queue should be separated from single.

I been begging for a solo q mm for a few seasons now, hopefully one day we get it.

Got a POTG as hog today...on Numbani defence. Both Zarya's used their ults about 5ft from each other in Overtime and I had my Ult up...so while Mercy and Ana pumped everything into me I just tapped Q and let rip. It was unimpressive but with his new E, 'Hog feels fun. Still feel like his damage could do with a slight buff, or maybe some damage increasing passive based on killstreaks.

This season has been terrible for me. Well, placements were a disaster...but I've suffered from the pox that is quitters and dc'ers, and generally toxic team mates. Although i did have a really fun game on Eichenwalde yesterday with some guy from New Zealand who got mildly offended when we thought he was Australian. The SR losses feel much harsher to me than last season too, but the MMR has been...much better in finding an average.

Still waiting on that god-damn Mercy rework though. I have discovered the love that is Orisa, bought the golden gun for Zarya and rediscovered my zest for Ana...but the game just feels less rewarding this season, although when you are a Support main it can be easy to feel like you're the butt of everyone's jokes and the first person to get flamed :p

That was me last season. Quitters, trolls, throwers and people constantly d/cing.

It's only happened twice so far this season, during placements.

LiK

Yep, Mercy team rez is still a deciding factor in some matches and it's annoying. I can't wait for the rework to stop it.

Totally fine with single rezzes and boosts. Way less of a game changing ability during clutch moments in OT.

Veelk

Banned
Yep, Mercy team rez is still a deciding factor in some matches and it's annoying. I can't wait for the rework to stop it.

I still think this change is going to make Mercy a mandatory pick for all teams. You just can't beat being able to bring back a teammate as an ability

MartyStu

I still think this change is going to make Mercy a mandatory pick for all teams. You just can't beat being able to bring back a teammate as an ability

Dude, the nerfs post-buff are going to be pretty epic.

Just suffer through the next season. It will be worth it.

Besides, she is effectively mandatory now at most levels and console.

Edit: I suppose Blizzard could surprise us and Buff Ana and Zen a little, bit I doubt it.

Veelk

Banned
Dude, the nerfs post-buff are going to be pretty epic.

Just suffer through the next season. It will be worth it.

Besides, she is effectively mandatory now at most levels and console.

Edit: I suppose Blizzard could surprise us and Buff Ana and Zen a little, bit I doubt it.

What the hell could they possibly buff other supports with to make them even half as effective as rezzing a player every 30 seconds? A 75% damage boosting discord orb? Replacing healing grenade with a healing tactical nuke? Sym being able to put down an infinite amount of turrets?

What the hell could they possibly buff other supports with to make them even half as effective as rezzing a player every 30 seconds? A 75% damage boosting discord orb? Replacing healing grenade with a healing tactical nuke? Sym being able to put down an infinite amount of turrets?
Imagine how toxic Deathmatch becomes if they were insane enough to go through with that.

A map full of mines, RIP-Tires and getting slow-beamed to death on spawn.

Nepenthe

Had a funny close call last night on Gibralter; defending near the end.

Heard Rein go "HAH!" but couldn't see him. Figured he was around the bend contending with my team. Nope. He came from Fuckfucking nowhere and pinned me. That was it, I thought. However, he decided to try and push me off the cliffs behind Gibralter's final checkpoint. Right at the edge, it gave out and I was free. And then, like, we kinda had this moment of "whoa" together, like two human beings realizing something weird happened. Then he started swinging his hammer at my face and I squiggly-squidded away using an Amped Up speed boost.

Moral of the story is, I need to remember to record things.

exYle

Yeah it's really hard from my experience. I only got it twice (3v3 and qp), the qp one was the lamest shit ever imaginable.

I think I only saw one good ana potg and it was from buttchin, I earth-shattered most of the enemy team, he threw a nade at them and hit a couple of shots and then sniped a pharah to finish it off. It was pretty cool.

He had a shitty highlight intro though... that's buttchin for you :

Most likely, beginning of next month I guess.

This libel is why I'm not playing the game right now

Kakaroach

rofl

Real talk though: The secret is that the problem with Overwatch and stale metas isn't (primarily) hero balance but map design. Spam-tubes don't lend themselves to a wide variety of tactics.
Completely agreed, why are there so many choke points in this game? I'd love more open maps like Ilios ruins.

Zeneric

Man, this game is fun. Great I forced myself to play it. The cartoonish artstyle turned me off, but the gameplay is solid (tho I've been playing Soldier 76 and Mercy mostly - still need to learn the other heroes). Reminds me of Lawbreakers. Maybe why I can relate Soldier 76 and find it fun (my main in Lawbreakers is Enforcer - kinda similar). Can I say: Lawbreakers > Overwatch? :p. Overwatch wins in the content department tho.

Gorillaz

A man hasn't known pain and hardship until he's been demoted to gold and made his way back to platinum.

There and back again I've been there once. Low Diamond to mid gold went back up to high plat to end the season.

I never knew tilt could be felt even on days I didn't play

btw this whole thing was done SOLO

randome

There and back again I've been there once. Low Diamond to mid gold went back up to high plat to end the season.

I never knew tilt could be felt even on days I didn't play

btw this whole thing was done SOLO

Haha yeah I'm doing solo too. It's such a crapshoot! I just got screwed by the bug where a person is afk but it doesn't cancel the game when they leave if they don't choose a character and we lost. And then I got stuck with a non rezzing mercy but somehow we won. So...yeah.

Veelk

Banned
I would say that I just don't want to drop back down into gold, but the quality of games I'm getting at plat, I may as well be in gold.

Lulz wut.

In a comp game with guts, I get lc-202'd.

No rejoin option when I log back in, but I'm not suspended and didn't lose SR. The fuck?

rulerk1

I've won one comp match today. The other team either always outplayed us or use Junkrat/Orisa cheese to win. I don't know how to win anymore

Veelk

Banned
I've won one comp match today. The other team either always outplayed us or use Junkrat/Orisa cheese to win. I don't know how to win anymore

Seen my posts today and yesterday?

I know the feeling :(

Wierd thing is, once I've stopped playing Tracer and tried Geni, a hero I have far less time in, I started doing better.

Lol didn't realize I got rapid discord achievement yesterday. Wasn't even trying

DJLAGixUIAEnRPL.jpg:large

rulerk1

Seen my posts today and yesterday?

I know the feeling :(

Wierd thing is, once I've stopped playing Tracer and tried Geni, a hero I have far less time in, I started doing better.

I feel like i prob would have won those matches if someone on my team had played Soldier. Guess I have a new main

Maybe I just don't know how to carry as Dva. I get Medals for gold damage/elims with at least 9k damage blocked and that's still not enough. How to carry

Veelk

Banned
I feel like i prob would have won those matches if someone on my team had played Soldier. Guess I have a new main

200.gif

Maybe I just don't know how to carry as Dva. I get Medals for gold damage/elims with at least 9k damage blocked and that's still not enough. How to carry

D.Va isn't supposed to be doing that, really. I mean, I get it, I do that all the time, because playing that way is fun, and it's great when the team can take care of itself enough that that is an asset instead of D.Va going off lone wolfing. But D.Va isn't a diver and doesn't do the damage she needs to just eat people down compared to how much she can do by DMing the team...

...Atleast not until we get our missiles and Booster Shottys! Then we will all be DPS Diva's, not Soldiers.

200.gif

D.Va isn't supposed to be doing that, really. I mean, I get it, I do that all the time, because playing that way is fun, and it's great when the team can take care of itself enough that that is an asset instead of D.Va going off lone wolfing. But D.Va isn't a diver and doesn't do the damage she needs to just eat people down compared to how much she can do by DMing the team...

...Atleast not until we get our missiles and Booster Shottys! Then we will all be DPS Diva's, not Soldiers.

Yup, gold damage and elims as DVa is usually a bad thing for your win%, but a totally amazing thing for your fun factor. Too bad the two can't co-exist (just yet).

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I was actually just complaining about map design the other day with my friends after a comp match.

The bulk of the map design is just a variation of the same thing. Fun fight zones that lead into really infuriating choke points that either stall the game until one team coordinates their ults better than the other or simply let the team that's winning win harder.

I've lately just been switching to widow for the choke portions of the match because getting 2 picks quickly within 5 seconds of each other is honestly more beneficial than 50% of what the other characters can do. 2 dead enemies either completely stops a push from happening, or opens us up to do a super strong potentially round winning push.
It's a shame that I can't ever pick widow unless i'm queued with almost a full group or SOMEONE on my team will throw a hissy fit guaranteed

Top Bottom