• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I swear there's some algorithm that Blizzard has that as soon as you get near the next rank you get matched with the worlds most tilted.

I swear there's some algorithm that Blizzard has that as soon as you get near the next rank you get matched with the worlds most tilted.

The bridge to the next rank is a rough one, you have to remember that you're likely to run into: salty de-ranked players, smurfs who could not give a shit if they lose or not (which will stop "trying" as soon as "this isn't working out") & throwers trying to de-rank.

You know how great the feeling is of stalling a properly set up team at the first choke on Anubis without a tank on your side? It was me as Lucio, Junkrat, Ana, Bastion, Sombra, and Symmetra. I mean, look at this dumbassery.

GUYS LET'S TAKE THE OTHER CHOKE THIS TIME IT'LL WORK

GUYS WHY CAN'T WE KILL THE BASTION

The bridge to the next rank is a rough one, you have to remember that you're likely to run into: salty de-ranked players, smurfs who could not give a shit if they lose or not (which will stop "trying" as soon as "this isn't working out") & throwers trying to de-rank.

You described 5 out of the 6 matches I have this season lmao.

diamond player of course instalocks soldier and proceeds to get repeatedly solod by a torb. lmao its just pathetic. you have to be legit dumb to still suck at this game after anything over 20 hours of playtime

Teammate said he was gonna report me for throwing as Torb. I constantly had 3-4 Gold Medals and was on fire for 90% of the Offense round.

I think he was just butthurt I refused to tank for a solo Ana and then wouldnt heal afterwards when he went tank.

Teammate said he was gonna report me for throwing as Torb. I constantly had 3-4 Gold Medals and was on fire for 90% of the Offense round.

I think he was just butthurt I refused to tank for a solo Ana and then wouldnt heal afterwards when he went tank.

gold medals and fire status dont mean you arent throwing at your elo level

gold medals and fire status dont mean you arent throwing at your elo level

My turret was ontop of the payload and firing nonstop and dealing with their nonpocketed Pharah, while I focused their D.va and Hog. So I was putting out just as much work as any of my teammates.

If playing Torb to the best of my abilities is throwing, then I'd assume playing Ana in a situation where Mercy is 100% more valuable and useful would be considered throwing as well? Because I have yet to meet a solo Ana that has been more useful than a Mercy in all my seasons.

pizzacat

Banned
icecold bout to

CwwBKJqUoAAGZXB.jpg

What, do you know what throwing means?

I could understand if I just said Gold elim medals. But I was holding Golds in EVERYTHING except heals. And to be on fire would mean playing the objective and getting elims as well lol. I was literally sitting on the payload melting people until we got stopped at the end

My turret was ontop of the payload and firing nonstop and dealing with their nonpocketed Pharah, while I focused their D.va and Hog. So I was putting out just as much work as any of my teammates.

If playing Torb to the best of my abilities is throwing, then I'd assume playing Ana in a situation where Mercy is 100% more valuable and useful would be considered throwing as well? Because I have yet to meet a solo Ana that has been more useful than a Mercy in all my seasons.

at diamond and below playing ana is pretty much throwing yes. They arent good enough to be choosing her over mercy/lucio

I could understand if I just said Gold elim medals. But I was holding Golds in EVERYTHING except heals. And to be on fire would mean playing the objective and getting elims as well lol. I was literally sitting on the payload melting people until we got stopped at the end

Given your description of the situation, torb is far from the best pick even if soldier is taken. and again golds in damage/elims are only as meaningful as the skill level of the teammates youre out damaging. I only switch to torb when im throwing and i still usually have golds. Doesnt mean im not throwing

at diamond and below playing ana is pretty much throwing yes. They arent good enough to be choosing her over mercy/lucio

I honestly feel the same at any rank that isnt Top 500 or a M/KB player on console. Consistent/fast healing, more mobility, and a vastly more useful ultimate. Too many console Ana's can barely even hit smaller heroes constantly

I'd rather have a Lucio or Zen most of the time because atleast their ults can shield damage.

I honestly feel the same at any rank that isnt Top 500 or a M/KB player on console. Consistent/fast healing, more mobility, and a vastly more useful ultimate. Too many console Ana's can barely even hit smaller heroes constantly

I'd rather have a Lucio or Zen most of the time because atleast their ults can shield damage.

Its no diff on pc. Its not until master level that anas can heal on par with a mercy

There is no situation where Mercy is more viable and useful than Ana unless you are a crappy Ana, or if you are a T1 pro and the map is Oasis.

And yes Torb is throwing. You don't put your turret on payload. Your tanks pushing for space will get fucked without pressure and followup from proper DPS, and the other team's healers are basically uncontested; they will outlast your team. Getting outhealed>losing DPS race in dive, which is in other words, you are fucked.

If Soldier is taken, you go Tracer, Genji or anything that can help finishing off targets and pressuring healers instead of LOL Torb. Your "work" on payload is just stat boosting and losing macro stuff in team fights.

Read the part in bold. IceGOD is right.

LiK

Don't worry about it. If you're playing, his report means jackshit.

Anne

I'm just gonna be real as hell for a second, support players below a certain point shouldn't pick anything besides Lucio/Mercy.

At the same time they automate the raid boss healing aspect so much they might not learn what healing actually is in the game.

I have lots of strong feelings about support players in this game apparently.

cyborg009

Banned
There is no situation where Mercy is more viable and useful than Ana unless you are a crappy Ana, or if you are a T1 pro and the map is Oasis.

And yes Torb is throwing. You don't put your turret on payload. Your tanks pushing for space will get fucked without pressure and followup from proper DPS, and the other team's healers are basically uncontested; they will outlast your team. Getting outhealed>losing DPS race in dive, which is in other words, you are fucked.

If Soldier is taken, you go Tracer, Genji or anything that can help finishing off targets and pressuring healers instead of LOL Torb. Your "work" on payload is just stat boosting and losing macro stuff in team fights.

Yeah the whole healers uncontested is right. I hate when that happens when I play. even more so if the enemy team has a good ana.

Apparently almost every console Ana is crappy because like Ice and Hyper said, seems to be the greater majority of the time someone refuses to go Mercy against a Mercy we lose because of Resurrection

And I consider myself a Tank main thoroughly. I can play a good Soldier and Reaper, but other than that I play Tank roles because I have the least competition for picking heroes and a good variety of playstyles. Its REALLY hard to do much of shit when my teammates are actively fighting against having a viable comp (3 Offense, 1 Defense, Ana, and me solo tanking), and the match is pretty much a bust anyway.

So when I can constantly De-Mech their D.va, annoy the shit out of the Roadhog, and pester Pharah enough that she swaps to a Junkrat, I feel like I did a pretty damn good job compared to my teammates in that situation

Nepenthe

So this enemy Genji on Lijiang was getting really pissed off at being bullied by all of us, since I'd just speed boost the whole team into enemies trying to flee. Second round, it comes down to the wire. We're at 99% on overtime and about to win. Genji comes in to try and save the game and I immediately kill him with Lucio's alt fire, wherein he proceeds to call me a dick as I start dancing. One of his team mates in the chat said that perhaps Genji wasn't for him and that he should try a new character. However, he insisted in all caps that Genji was actually his main.

I'm still in tears.

Veelk

Banned
If we're at the point where just unconventional picks are throwing the game, even if you're winning the game, then throwing is a completely meaningless term in the sense of it being a problem.

Throwing should mean you do not care about trying to win a game. Even if an attack Torb is not the optimal strategy, so long as its a strategy that works, it's fine.

Skii

If we're at the point where just unconventional picks are throwing the game, even if you're winning the game, then throwing is a completely meaningless term in the sense of it being a problem.

Throwing should mean you do not care about trying to win a game. Even if an attack Torb is not the optimal strategy, so long as its a strategy that works, it's fine.

Playing one of the worst characters in the game on attack (which he isn't designed for) is throwing tbh.

randome

Think there are/were some server issues, at least on PS4. I and apparently a ton of other people just got kicked, lost SR and got suspended for 10 mins.

MartyStu

This has always been my stance.

Yeah, which is why I am now playing McCree to improve my Ana game. Some day, I will be good enough with her to play in comp without being a liability.

On McCree:

I am having a lot of fun learning him. So far, I have only two really glaring issues with my game:

-Not knowing when to Ult / stopping myself from Panic Ulting. Neither of these are issues I had with Ana, Lucio, Zen or Rein.

-Finding the right angles to hit my shots. This is probably the biggest issue I have so far. Without a Rein and sometimes Orisa, I am having a real hard time determining how to approach certain fights without getting flattened.

Question to DPS players: As with Soldier and Hanzo, should I be seeking the high ground with McCree?

I mean the dude you quoted is like one of probably < 10 people in the entire neogaf community that can get out of diamond(if im not mistaking him for someone else.)
What does getting to master have to do with the definition of throwing?

Trying to win means you are not throwing. Simple as that. Whine about picks all you want, but it's not throwing.

Top Bottom