• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I just want to add that LiK's junkertown experience yesterday mirrored my own, why does everyone split off? why do they abandon the payload? why did I step out of deathmatch?

just leave lucio on there and let everyone go off to push them back from it.
Also I forgot today is Friday was going to play rank on PS4 lol

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Runaway vs GC Busan was super close.

Na, plenty of other heroes you lose your ult too if you instantly die when you pop it. The only one that I can recall that doesnt is Genji but its a minority of heroes who keep their ult.
I think Soldier keeps his ult too, as long as he dies within like the first second of using it.

i ran into the mercy ult charge bug the other day. it sucked. i actually had ult. when i died i lost it all. i was waiting to use it at the next fight too. it was on oasis.

also can we get a ping when stuff is on CD. like people ask for res. but i'm too lazy to get on voice chat. i just want to hit Z and it tells them how many seconds it got left.

NeoRaider

overwatch_2017_09_22_l4uj3.png

GDHSFHDFGSD

With only 2 tanks in the team!

IISANDERII

I don't necessarily think that Mercy is straight up overpowered, but I still don't see how, when competently played, she won't an absolute must pick. I freely admit I could be wrong, because overwatch is one of those games where you don't really know how things will play out until you give it a month or two for players to adapt. But a revive is such an incredibly powerful ability that I don't see how it's negotiable to exclude it in any team comp. Rez is harder to pull off now, because she no longer has invulnerability and getting in to rez puts her in danger, so it's not like it's absolutely impossible to outplay.

However, that's because people need to relearn how to play her to an extent. Imagine the mercy in question is fairly nimble, can make smart decisions about who to rez, and uses her ult intelligently. How does any healer's abilities compare to that? Zen's discord is powerful, sure, Lucio's speedboost can do a lot, yeah, but Mercy not letting the enemy team die is hard to compare that too.

Like I said, maybe I'm wrong. But at the very least, this ability should mean that every team fight has players killing the enemy mercy first and foremost. I mean, it's pretty advisable to go after healers first already, but a Mercy on the enemy team makes her priority target number 1.
I really feel that Blizzard needs to boost the other healers already. Lucio's Amp recharge time could be reduced and Zen's healing should be improved.

I've been playing as S76 and saving my Ult to take down an ulting Mercy. It's easy on a wide open map like Junkytown but it's way harder on other maps where she can hide immediately.

This was QP.

my highest in comp is 21,925. that's from mercy 2.0.
all those group fights when she's in valkyrie.

also you can escape from zarya's grav when youre in valkyrie. as long as you shift to someone. i did it on hanamura when she grav on point and i had to fly out of it top main.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well Doomfist's RP hitbox still feels completely awful

almost had a genji counter for a second. fixed that with a quickness 😅

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
While I like the changes they did to Mystery Heroes, there is but one last thing I'd like them to do : No longer losing Ult charge when dying/switching heroes. This hurts the losing team so much sometimes that's it's literally impossible to turn the tide when your whole team is at low % while the enemy team has a few of them ready(or almost ready) to use. This could have been an issue back when people could just kill themselves for a chance to get another hero with a better/more useful ult, but it's no longer the case.

Did Blizzard ever commented on that?

Akuun

I haven't gotten that many resses with the new Mercy in the few games I've played so far. It feels like having Valkyrie makes it easier to keep people alive in the first place. Either that, or I've just been matched with teammates who aren't as suicidal as usual.

I feel like a lot of people just pay extra attention to Mercy these days because of the patch. My teammates are sticking to me more often, and enemies seem to gun for me more often.

I haven't gotten that many resses with the new Mercy in the few games I've played so far. It feels like having Valkyrie makes it easier to keep people alive in the first place. Either that, or I've just been matched with teammates who aren't as suicidal as usual.

I feel like a lot of people just pay extra attention to Mercy these days because of the patch. My teammates are sticking to me more often, and enemies seem to gun for me more often.

i think i got like 23 res off one game. i remember getting a card for it.

Statistically Mercy is like a 100% pick rate in comp right now (probably partially because of the update) getting double the Rez she used to.

People are really gonna wish Blizz just made some changes to full Rez rather than putting it on an ability.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just think about how often Doomfist was played when he was launched. How positive people were on him on his playstyle.

think about how often you see him now. I've never seen them mishandle a new hero THIS badly before.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Just think about how often Doomfist was played when he was launched. How positive people were on him on his playstyle.

think about how often you see him now. I've never seen them mishandle a new hero THIS badly before.

Orisa.

Akuun

I agree that Mercy is more or less a must pick at this point. Team fights are always based on getting that first key pick, and being able to undo that first pick is way better than anything the other healers can bring. I'd argue putting single res on a 30s ability is more powerful than her old ult in terms of practicality. Chances for good tempo resses were always are way more common than chances for big 3+ man resses anyway.

i like the tempo res now. full on res with people coming back at once just means you all die at once again.
so single res just have to be smart.

and i like prolonging a match just to pad my mercy stats <3

The only mishandling with Orisa was pointlessly nerfing her damage output for no real reason.
Increased fire rate makes up for it.

Well Doomfist's RP hitbox still feels completely awful

almost had a genji counter for a second. fixed that with a quickness &#65533;&#65533;

I'm with you here.
I still bust him out a lot in deathmatch and while I certainly have my share of near misses I've had some absolutely dumb moments where going back and watching the footage shows my fist so clearly in someone's shoulder and it's like "lol you actually missed, die for it".
Or the punch knockback somehow decides to avoid the obvious obstacles in favour of not knocking them into anything.

He's just so damn inconsistent now, he was always high risk/high reward glass cannon at first and yeah his punch had some silly quirks that needed fixing like hitting above ledges and through small obstacles but I feel like instead of just tackling these they were like "ehhh, dial the whole thing back".
Feels like a roulette now.

But hey, gotta keep them Genji and Tracer players happy I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doomfist hasn't even been out for 2 months and he's the second least picked hero right now

not even 2 months out. they fucked him up THAT bad

People were complaining about the phantom range on Doomfist's lunges so I guess they feel justified, because y'know Doomfist was unique in that regard and it's totally not an issue with Overwatch in general.

Meanwhile a Genji reflects behind a friendly Reinhardt and still connect with shots before they reach his shield

Does doomfist really counter genji?

I'm not seeing it. Can somebody explain?

Either pro play or comp ladder example is fine. From my experience since Genji has a much better vertical mobility he has a easier time avoiding the punch compared to other heroes, also doomfist hitbox is huge and his primary has a lot of spread so in terms of long range damage I think Genji also easily wins. Hitting the dash->shuriken->melee combo to finish it off in a split second is also something that doomfist doesn't have.

Does doomfist really counter genji?

I'm not seeing it. Can somebody explain?

Either pro play or comp ladder example is fine. From my experience since Genji has a much better vertical mobility he has a easier time avoiding the punch compared to other heroes, also doomfist hitbox is huge and his primary has a lot of spread so in terms of long range damage I think Genji also easily wins. Hitting the dash->shuriken->melee combo to finish it off in a split second is also something that doomfist doesn't have.

Well he's not so much a direct counter as he's a character that had a very reliable way to smash Genji and Tracer when they'd do their backline support harassing.
In an actual one on one showdown, things are a bit different and it can go either way depending on various things (though having other attacks Genji can't deflect is handy).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People were complaining about the phantom range on Doomfist's lunges so I guess they feel justified, because y'know Doomfist was unique in that regard and it's totally not an issue with Overwatch in general.

Meanwhile a Genji reflects behind a friendly Reinhardt and still connect with shots before they reach his shield

bastion has a slow animation to turn into a tank where he can kill a bunch of people in his ult but is incredibly easy to kill

meanwhile genji double jumps into a dragon blade, wipes the team and resets his swift strike every time he gets a kill

genjitracerwatch is the name of the game and probably always will be. you'll notice hog kept his damage nerf but his hook cd is still at 8 seconds instead of 6 even with his lower damage output now

wonder why

hesido

Guys, my friend, whom I installed Overwatch on his PS4 when I was at his place and played a while, wants to participate in the Overwatch free weekend, we want to play together basically.

The installed Overwatch (origins edition) is normally locked. I assumed when time came, the lock would go away but it didn't. Now I'm telling him, as it was mentioned on the free weekend information, to search for Overwatch Free Weekend, but he cannot see it on the PSN store.. What is happening? What are we doing wrong?

Help would be appreciated.

pizzacat

Banned
I just downloaded yakuza 0 after owning the disc and it didn't let me use the disc data for the digital license so that doesn't work.

Delete the useless disc data and find the free version on the PlayStation store

Nepenthe

meanwhile genji double jumps into a dragon blade, wipes the team and resets his swift strike every time he gets a kill

I lost Hollywood like this earlier. But what got me wasn't Genji doing his job. It was the fact that our Zarya just announced she had ult.

All she had to do was press Q, and I could've lived.

Speaking of Zarya, I need you and other tanks to understand that my healing rate is low, and it's also expected of me to rack up objective time. Do not complain about me being a bad healer when I'm babysitting you, playing the objective, and then being the only one on the team trying to cut off flank points. Be glad Lucio even took time out of his busy schedule to show the fuck up for you.

hesido

I just downloaded yakuza 0 after owning the disc and it didn't let me use the disc data for the digital license so that doesn't work.

Delete the useless disc data and find the free version on the PlayStation store

Thanks! We were just about to follow your instructions, but realized a new item (free trial) in the "..." menu, clicked it, it gave an error that the content was already installed, and then the lock was gone. Just happy that we wouldn't have to download it again, and then now it's installing the 16GB mega patch! (basically the whole game). I wish it would allow us the download prior to this! But it's nice that it works.

Top Bottom