• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Everyone calls him daddy Jeff now. It's become a meme.

tumblr_nkc97tHHf61tv4k5po1_500.gif

Jeez. Thanks for informing me.

The Scottish comedian Brian "Limmy" Limond.

He's not the greatest player, but his streams are always fun.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check him out.

HiiiLife

Can anyone recommend some good Overwatch YouTubers?

I currently only follow Your Overwatch and some of the hosts are becoming super annoying. I really don't like how they go full on fanboy by calling the game director "Daddy Jeff" all the time, and mostly siding with the developers when there are issues with OW (some hosts argued that the lootboxes are just fine and the community is overreacting especially with the anniversary boxes).

Force gaming.

Blues1990

Tanks are not supposed to one shot heroes. Easy as that and I am glad they finally changed that.

What is Roadhog supposed to do now, when he can't even perform the role he's originally designed for?

He isn't the best at killing; he isn't the best at protecting, he isn't the best at distracting; he isn't the best at zoning; he isn't the best at breaking shields. He's practically useless at this point. :/

I currently only follow Your Overwatch and some of the hosts are becoming super annoying. I really don't like how they go full on fanboy by calling the game director "Daddy Jeff" all the time, and mostly siding with the developers when there are issues with OW (some hosts argued that the lootboxes are just fine and the community is overreacting especially with the anniversary boxes).

For news r/competitiveOverwatch is enough.
OhNickel wasnt that for bad a ow yt channel last i checked.

Channels like
YourOverwatch and Stylosa have gotten super annoying and have out right said wrong stuff regarding the game and their discussion is mostly meme territory.

Most of the good ow yt channels are like vod reviews/discussion less news stuff

Skyline
Seagull
Mind Fuzz

One of the most refreshing things about my group in comp last night was that we didnt have a Mercy on our team and played against one in every game.

Alot of people treat rez as get out of jail free card but countering it with an another ultimate is super effective. Lining up an earthshatter and wiping out the three enemies immediately after theyre rezzed is so satisfying.

This.

It was also great to not have teammates begging for a mercy pick.

Lucio-Zen and Lucio-Ana was all we needed.

Up 2-0 two matches in a row and the same pharah player throws both games by suiciding over and over again.

Plays the game the intended way and then throws while we're dominating.

Fuck you.

Have one of the rounds saved and will send it to blizz at some point. Not that it matters...

Ramirez

I finally broke down and tried Hog last night, and it was about as bad as I expected. There was zero reason to nerf him like that, meh.

Also, I felt Ana was fine on console until they nerfed her enemy damage. That was totally unnecessary. I get that the PC version is the "real" version of the game, but Blizzard was happy to take our $60 and tell us the games would be balanced separately. Turret damage on Torb and Symmetra being the only real differences between the two versions is a complete joke.

I finally broke down and tried Hog last night, and it was about as bad as I expected. There was zero reason to nerf him like that, meh.

Also, I felt Ana was fine on console until they nerfed her enemy damage. That was totally unnecessary. I get that the PC version is the "real" version of the game, but Blizzard was happy to take our $60 and tell us the games would be balanced separately. Turret damage on Torb and Symmetra being the only real differences between the two versions is a complete joke.

Do their turrets do more or less dmg on console? If it's more...wtf.

Fugu

I wonder what Ana's win rates on console looked like before her nerfs, because I would've suggested reverting them as a start.

One of the most refreshing things about my group in comp last night was that we didnt have a Mercy on our team and played against one in every game.

Alot of people treat rez as get out of jail free card but countering it with an another ultimate is super effective. Lining up an earthshatter and wiping out the three enemies immediately after theyre rezzed is so satisfying.

I did that last night as Reaper - the Mercy flew in to Rez and I just followed her and immediately Death Blossomed to kill her plus the two people she rezzed. Those moments feel pretty good.

It doesn't change that playing around Mercy is awful for the game right now.

Gorillaz

I got a kill on a mercy last night with a sleep dart

I stared at the killcam for about an hour because I have never seen that symbol

Veelk

Banned
Do their turrets do more or less dmg on console? If it's more...wtf.

Less, but more than they did a while back. It used to be 33% less damage, now it's 16%.

Personally, I think they can put it back to how much PC did it because the main problem was how people stacked Torb and had 5 of them go in at once. Now that Blizzard came to their senses and don't allow hero stacking anywhere, a single torb is not any kind of big deal.

I was very promotional for a buff to Widowmaker on console, but now there's just too many M/KB users. Buffing her now without taking care of that problem will break the game on consoles.

I tried GAF. I tried. Over my lunch break I played 3 comp games just to see if my faith in OW could be restored.

The games featured:
-A player who went Widowmaker on Defense who had a total of an hour playing as her, ever, and this caused another guy on our team to yell and complain and stopped caring because he thought the player was throwing.
-A team where three people died to Symmetra turrets immediately out of spawn because they just stood there and didn't turn around to shoot the turrets.
-Same game, a Reinhardt who blindly charged into the point by himself against groups of 4 or more and immediately died, and a Soldier 76 across the map shouting he needed healing when he refused to group up with the rest of the team.
-A Sombra who would solo use her EMP on groups of 4+ enemies with no backup, completely wasting her ult - including a time where we'd finally taken the KOTH point so she ran away from the point and used the EMP at the enemy spawn when nobody else was around and then immediately died because they all ganged up on her.
-And that same game, a person who for some reason thought they were playing Mystery Heroes instead of Comp because they changed to a new character every time they died.

0-3. Now at mid 2300s. I'm sorry OW GAF but I'm peacing out for a while. I can't deal with this shit a year into this game. I think my record this season in groups in Comp is something like 20-10 which is reaonsable, and my solo queue record is something like 2-20 which is unfuckingbearable. I know I've improved. I know I know the tactics of the game. But I have seen absolutely zero evidence of that from the game itself and it's infuriating.

Fucking Genjis who think they're a higher priority then the rest of the team. Yeah, I can see you're almost dead lone ranger, but I'm kinda busy healing the group over here. Fucking hipty-hop heal-spamming motherfuckers.

aBarreras

i really hate people playing this game, i really do, why cant they stay on the payload when we are on extra time? why why why?

i mean sometimes it works for me because the opposing team is so fucking busy trying to kill people that i can stand alone on the payload and make it move, but god fucking dammit, i hate people

^ Solo Q is trash. Why u do dis

A lot of times when I get on the PS4GAF group is already full or there's nobody on. Never any in between. I've managed to have good games with Owzers and Pinku the last few nights and my duo queue with Buttchin a while back was the best winning streak I've had in the game, and my placement match 6-stack was super fun. But matching up timing to get those great games is few and far between. Last season I played like 20-30 games all season because I tried to only do group in comp.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
One shots don't belong on tanks, glad hog got nerfed.

This feels like such a boring way to look at game balance to me, all because of his placement on the roster. Hog in no way, shape, or form operates as a Tank like any of the other ones. He has no damage mitigation for himself or his team, his abilities are all built around hooking and killing people while sustaining himself.

Veelk

Banned
This feels like such a boring way to look at game balance to me, all because of his placement on the roster. Hog in no way, shape, or form operates as a Tank like any of the other ones. He has no damage mitigation for himself or his team, his abilities are all built around hooking and killing people while sustaining himself.

The only way I can see him working now is if his hook CD is buffed to like 3 or 4 seconds. It's the only way to compensate for the fact that he can't touch the enemy team anymore, so he should only act as a disruptor by hooking enemy after enemy out of position.

Then see how people like being yoyo'd the entire game.

I'm trying to play other characters in comp but in gold/plat nobody seems to want to main heal so I'll usually jump on mercy because I want a shot at winning :/

That's what I've been doing. Nobody in my que ever wants to pick Mercy so I decided to get over the hump and try and get good with her. I've improved my Mercy game by leaps and she's helped me improve my situational awareness overall. I've got my sidearm shortcut to R3 and I'll pop you between the eyes if you're on me.

But it's all a waste cuz every que I'm in everybody spreads out and does their own thing instead of making a stand, or a line, or whatever you want to call it. Shits frustrating me.

Like, am I wrong? Should I be zipping behind enemy lines? Seems like a fast way of getting murdered.

pixxxelz

A lot of times when I get on the PS4GAF group is already full or there's nobody on. Never any in between. I've managed to have good games with Owzers and Pinku the last few nights and my duo queue with Buttchin a while back was the best winning streak I've had in the game, and my placement match 6-stack was super fun. But matching up timing to get those great games is few and far between. Last season I played like 20-30 games all season because I tried to only do group in comp.
Where is this ps4gaf group you're speaking of? And how do I join? I don't really mind playing with randos but I know that I'm never getting out of gold playing with them.

LiK

We did well together with Buttchin as a triple stack. Like I said, avoid solo q and anything involving a 4+ stack. We were struggling against better coordinated 5-6 stacks as a result in Owzers' group. I'll be happy to play with you and Buttchin as a 3 stack in the future. We did really well that night.

This season nets you shitty randoms in solo q while full stacks net you overly tough full stacks. Neither is fun to play with/against.

Fucking Genjis who think they're a higher priority then the rest of the team. Yeah, I can see you're almost dead lone ranger, but I'm kinda busy healing the group over here. Fucking hipty-hop heal-spamming motherfuckers.

"Everybody needs heals, bud. Go find a health pack." -Zzyzx solo-healing as Zen in Silver to a whiny Genji

Gorillaz

I've been doing decent in solo Q being a winston guy and playing flex tank but yea it's been a rough season.

6 stacking is asking for trouble tho so is going past double queuing at times.

LiK

I haven't even finished leveling it up yet lol. I can play on Komaru's smurf he gave me if he's okay with it though.

That's fine with me. I don't see him on console anymore anyway. Never played with you since you're in Comp all the time and way out of my range. I don't even bother asking.

AbaFadi

Banned
That's fine with me. I don't see him on console anymore anyway. Never played with you since you're in Comp all the time and way out of my range. I don't even bother asking.

I actually don't really play Overwatch all that much anymore lol. I don't really find ranked to be fun anymore due to the severe drop in quality of matches.

Top Bottom