• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Owzers

Nah, it's not ruined for me but I'm done for a few days - time to play more Nioh.

Really should have listened to my instincts and left after that Hanamura match. Goddamn was that draw infuriating. I don't think it affected my play until that stupid Pharmercy started rolling us.

I think the biggest problem with (console) Pharmercy is that as soon as the enemy team has it, everyone's efforts suddenly go into stopping it and they forget about the other four players. I tried to take them out but the rest of their team was always all over me so I couldn't do anything. "Get the Pharmercy! We gotta neutralize the Pharmercy!" Well there's a Winston-DVa dive fucking people up too you know!

.......yeah, definitely need to step away for a bit.
Pharmercy is my top thing to nerf, at least for consoles.

Nimby

Banned
Holy fuck xQc is toxic.

Watching kaboomz stream, he got Kariv and Carpe in the next match and xQc got the same Mercy main.

Mutant

Basically Pharah is something you change just as a buff to the characters she counters who see limited play.

Lucio and Winston is something you nerf because they are just generally overpowered.

I think McCree needs some more buffs.

He should be doing better in this meta but he just kinda sucks.

Holy fuck xQc is toxic.

Watching kaboomz stream, he got Kariv and Carpe in the next match and xQc got the same Mercy main.

xQc toxic? I'm shocked!
Well, not that shocked.

He acts like a 12 year old to pander to an audience of 12 year olds. I don't understand how anyone could like him.

it's a videogame so im not really surprise nor care but i think every match I played in this morning had at least two middle schoolers in them. They also had good game sense to know what to pick and what was bad. One was kind of stubborn in choosing what the team needed but it wasnt too bad. Certainly better than the college aged trolls i usually had before the summer..

im down. Cant believe that dude had no qualms about leaving. Just up and left. We were winning too!
I have had the kid who has a mic on and you hear him argue with his parents about going to bed or having to get in the car. rofl Can't hate on that. We've all been there.

I honestly do think Pharah is the issue, not Pharmercy. She should not be able to fly that high, it totally hampers your damage output as DPS.

That's really it. This is why she is tough to kill.

Then, when you don't pay attention, she quickly descends and lands 2 rockets in your face.
I think, fundamentally, every character should be able to handle every other character. No one should require particular picks to feel challenged. That's the Pharah problem.

I feel like I've searched for this repeatedly, but theres not a push to talk option on consoles is there? Would come in really handy when I've got some background noise I don't want to bug people with

Grouped up with THe_DeiCiDe for comp and in our first game got matched up with two more 2 stacks who were really cool.

We grouped into 6 after the first game and spent an hour destroying every team we faced.

Grouped up with THe_DeiCiDe for comp and in our first game got matched up with two more 2 stacks who were really cool.

We grouped into 6 after the first game and spent an hour destroying every team we faced.

Hell yeah bro.

The game is soo much better with communication and people willing to play whoever it takes to win.

Nimby

Banned
xQc toxic? I'm shocked!
Well, not that shocked.

He acts like a 12 year old to pander to an audience of 12 year olds. I don't understand how anyone could like him.

Well, I knew he was bad, just not scream at the top of his lungs in front of his GF(?) at a Mercy main bad.

Tonight was rough and might be the last straw for me. This community is toxic as fuck.

3 different games I had Mei ice walling our spawn.
2 different matches where we were about to win people spammed need healing and then left the game.
I took a loss of SR for all of it and none of it was my fault.

Why do people do this? I would play QP but my skills are stagnant there. In Comp I'm always improving but the community in there is horrible.

Tonight was rough and might be the last straw for me. This community is toxic as fuck.

3 different games I had Mei ice walling our spawn.
2 different matches where we were about to win people spammed need healing and then left the game.
I took a loss of SR for all of it and none of it was my fault.

Why do people do this? I would play QP but my skills are stagnant there. In Comp I'm always improving but the community in there is horrible.

I need healing.

Some people are just assholes.

LiK

Hell yeah bro.

The game is soo much better with communication and people willing to play whoever it takes to win.

What? People were nice AND they flexed AND you won? Fairytales.

Kain

Yeah, comp is a total mess. In the last 5 or 6 matches I've had leavers or throwers in ALL of them. In the last one yesterday we had a guy who just at the beginning of the match was complaining on the voice chat and telling people to quit the match because they were not picking healer (hint: take the healer yourself). So I picked healer just to shut him up but of course he didn't. And he was a terrible Rein and following the stereotype to the letter the ones who complain the most are the worst players. My god was he bad.

Then in another match we had a Genji (of course) who spent the whole match dancing. On comp. For no reason. Toxic is not the word, absolute horsehit is closer to it.

Banzai

Yesterday started out with the legendary Hanzo-Junk-Widow attack comp and a leaver in the game right after but surprisingly I went up 80 points in total to a season high of 2800.

I honestly feel like I can carry teams with Lucio on Illios and Lijiang. And not just because of environmental kills, I can line up headshots pretty reliably while wallskating now.

Moonkid

Yesterday started out with the legendary Hanzo-Junk-Widow attack comp and a leaver in the game right after but surprisingly I went up 80 points in total to a season high of 2800.

I honestly feel like I can carry teams with Lucio on Illios and Lijiang. And not just because of environmental kills, I can line up headshots pretty reliably while wallskating now.
Some of the best fun is Lucio on KOTH for me. Good times are to be had especially if your team is a little competent.
What? People were nice AND they flexed AND you won? Fairytales.
Basically my comp experience though I've only played like 20 games so far >:)

Yager

Banned
Have to say, it's so much more fun playing comp with an alt account and not caring much if you lose. The pressure is almost completely off and I'm winning matches with characters I barely use on my main.

Even if we get a crazy attack Torb or a Hanzo who can't shoot for shit, I can switch to dps and carry with Soldier or Pharah, good times.

I was thinking about making an alt account, but I share my console with another friend so that we get that "2x1" in digital games, so my console isn't set as my primary console and I'm not gonna pay another year of gold just for an alt account lol.

BTW, tonight I'll be online.

For me, losing is not the issue. It's how you lose that matters more. I can deal with losing close games, if people actually work together and try to cover each other and switch when needed.

What i don't like is getting steamrolled or when people put in zero effort to turn the tide. Trickling in all the time and being completely oblivious to their surroundings. When you try to guide people and suggesting swapping because you know that you will probably have a better shot at dealing with the current setup and nobody does anything.

Same thing goes for doing the steamrolling though. The game is much more fun when you're being fairly challenged. Sure, winning 3-0 on koth is great but winning a tight match 3-2 makes for greater experiences imho.

PREACH. I don't mind losing, how I lose is what makes me go fucking nuts or not.

_Legacy_

this is how Comp is better. people need to relax more and not tilt.

Sadly easier said that done, I've raged in this thread enough times! I just think it's annoying for those who are really trying to win and someone on the team just decides they no longer care about the result or composition.

It's because your MMR is higher. You've entered ELO heaven.

Yeah, seems like it. It'll change though when I get to mid/high platinum.
I was thinking about making an alt account, but I share my console with another friend so that we get that "2x1" in digital games, so my console isn't set as my primary console and I'm not gonna pay another year of gold just for an alt account lol.

BTW, tonight I'll be online.

Cool, see you online later.

Mercy

- Resurrect
Mercy's ult charge will slowly decrease if she has not healed or boosted a target within 5 seconds.

- Guardian Angel
Using Guardian Angel now drains 2% ult charge per use.

Developer Comments: We realized Mercy players were too often tabbing out to read and write Pharmercy fanfics rather than playing the game. By adding this extra layer of ult-management, we hope that Mercy players are more engaged during matches.

Roadhog

- Scrap Gun
Bullet damage increased by 33%.
Fire rate decreased by 30%.
Clip size decreased from 5 to 4.

Developer Comments: One of the monkeys we used to mocap broke free and ran over some keyboards on the development floor. It accidentally changed a bunch of Roadhog values that made no sense for this type of character. We thought we caught all the mistakes, but some unfortunately slipped through the cracks.

Widowmaker
Removed from the roster in all modes but Custom.

Developer Comments: I hope you all enjoyed the new animated short where Widowmaker canonically dies in our story. We really liked doing the Widowmaker ARG where a bot joins your game and picks Widowmaker regardless of the team composition, or game mode. We really wanted people to view her as a reviled, selfish villain character, and I like to think we've accomplished this beyond even our wildest dreams.
You're welcome, Overwatch.

accx

Best Pulse Bomb I'll ever get, since I don't play Tracer.

QK8Ok93.gif

Spicy!
I've decided imma be a tracer main. Just gonna power through the RSI.

(in regards to earlier discussion) Pharah is not an issue. She's a pain in pharmercy (because two people have to focus, instead of one) but as solo she's not hard to take down.
Almost all heroes feel very balanced right now. Bastion need a rework (can't see any situations you'd want him), d.va a bit too strong now perhaps (maybe lower how long you can right click? something...). Otherwise we have some characters that are always good picks and a bunch of niche picks.
Mercy ress can go fuck itself though.

LiK

Getting back into the groove with Reaper. Getting used to being more aggressive and it works out great with this rework. Managed to win KoTH with PotG even tho some dudes kept switching around heroes and the matches were a mess. I was amused when I was gunning at a team of 5 people and they were all backing away from me. Seriously? Don't be scared.

Seems Reaper requires to be focused on or he's way too much of a threat.

Kysen

Mercy res requiring LOS would be the easiest fix for her. Kill the hide and seek play style and hopefully allow buffs her usefulness elsewhere.

LiK

Mercy res requiring LOS would be the easiest fix for her. Kill the hide and seek play style and hopefully allow buffs her usefulness elsewhere.

Hopefully the LOS suggestion gains traction. Almost everyone else requires it.

mindsale

Hopefully the next balance patch adds Doomfist and finally does some Console / PC differentiation. (Not holding breath)

Console:

-Pharah damage decrease
-Bastion clip / HP decrease / damage decrease
-Soldier spread increase
-Widow damage buff / grapple lower cooldown
-Ana damage / healing Buff / grenade HP increase

TrueBlue

Has Mercy suddenly become broken or something? I've been mostly away from the game for a couple of weeks so I'm out of the loop.

LiK

Hopefully the next balance patch adds Doomfist and finally does some Console / PC differentiation. (Not holding breath)

Console:

-Pharah damage decrease
-Soldier spread increase

No thanks. I get killed often enough by Widows on Consoles already. They don't need a damage buff.

Azoor

Has Mercy suddenly become broken or something? I've been mostly away from the game for a couple of weeks so I'm out of the loop.

It's that Mercy players get lots of SR depending on the number of rezzed players even if the rezz was pointless and badly timed.

Blues1990

Console:

-Pharah damage decrease
-Soldier spread increase

I would love if Bastion has his aim restrictions reinstated (nerf his 360 degree rotation). It's so stupid for people to bounce around & on top of Bastion while he fires.

LiK

It's that Mercy players get lots of SR depending on the number of rezzed players even if the rezz was pointless and badly timed.

And as result, ruining Masters and GM games. So now the YouTubers and some popular OW streamers are pointing out how annoying these types Mercy players are and how it ruins the games.

Top Bottom