• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

MCD

Gained 100 SR yesterday with my Xbox friends.

Lost 100 SR today solo queue.

I hate this game. Why do I keep torturing myself?

Owzers

You must suck all the good luck out of people when you're in a group with them and then use it all after in solo queue. It's the only explanation.

I'm going to group up with Ned and Vault and the three of us will play one game on Hanamura and all end up yelling and destroying our PS4s.

EDIT:

I had the opposite happen. I was Reinhardt defending on the payload and teammate Zen popped Transcendence so I dropped my shield and started going ham.

Immediately died because the Zen left the payload and retreated as soon as he popped his ult. Why.

Muahaahhaha. I think I just got lucky with matchmaking, you can't prove I make groups have bad luck. It's not like people disconnect the one game we were doing well in...

TK-421

Has Blizzard ever announced whether old skins will ever be retrievable again? I missed the Mercy skin during Uprising and would really have liked it for my collection.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Every night, I have a Hanzo and a Widow on my team... even an attack Torb...

The games I've lost... the time I've lost... won't stop hurting. It's like I can still see the defeat screen.

You feel it too, don't you?

I'm gonna make 'em give back my lost SR.

Wooooohooooooaaaaaa

MCD

The games I've lost... the time I've lost... won't stop hurting. It's like I can still see the defeat screen.

Jeff please save us.

crying-man.gif

Has Blizzard ever announced whether old skins will ever be retrievable again? I missed the Mercy skin during Uprising and would really have liked it for my collection.

I don't think PvE skins will come back. Only holiday skins such as Summer Games, Winter, Halloween, etc. will probably make a a return.

It really was. But like every 4th game we had a semi-decent team so I stayed on way longer than I should have.

Seriously though fuck the "I'm trying to become a Hanzo main" guy.

I'm pretty sure we played with every one trick last nite lulz.

I always stay waayy to long, I just enjoy playing comp but the tilt was strong last nite.

Looking over the last few pages and keeping in mind my own experiences as of late, it certainly feels like this game is kicking us all collectively in the crotch right now in some way or another.

Plesiades

I don't think PvE skins will come back. Only holiday skins such as Summer Games, Winter, Halloween, etc. will probably make a a return.

They will come back. Since work is already done, there's absolutely no point on making them 'Year 1 exclusive' if you can make money off them.

An event is an event. It doesn't matter the theme.

That said, it's going to be interesting to see if they revamp Uprising/Junkenstein's Revenge or leave it as is.

PatjuhR

How are we going to fix console Widow? She could very well be my favorite hero if she would be actually useful.

What if we just delete cooldown from her grappling hook/make her mine stun people so she can get away. Make her assault gun a bit stronger?

LiK

I'm going reiterate this: The Comp experience is the best in duo or triple stack this season. 4+ stacks just don't work for me anymore expecially when the groups are full of people in varying ranks and skill levels. It just creates inconsistent matches.

Also, we MUST remember that we do not need to be in team chat all the time to win. There is no need to feel you are required to be in comms to do well. I am so tired of YouTubers and others saying this is a requirement to succeed. I've won more matches without comms than when I was in it this season similar to how I played in the first and second seasons. It worked fine for me then, it will be fine for me now.

I'll make exceptions for some Gaffers cuz they know how to lead but I just don't want to deal with whiny randoms anymore. The matches with Moon and Elza with those manbaby randoms was just irritating as hell.

I can mute the offending randoms but then I'll just hear you guys arguing with them anyway so what's the point.

LiK

I like team chat for call outs//organization/saying "nooooo how did I die I can't believe I died"

I remember playing in a 4 stack once and there was a random who talking literally nonstop and i had to mute his annoying ass. Kept saying how good he was and blaming us for anything that went wrong. As soon as we won, he wanted to stay as a team. Yea, fuck him.

randome

Okie dokie, I need to make a mental note to add the people who said they wanna play on psn the next time I get on. I keep forgetting. I'm at ~2650.

Fugu

I'm going reiterate this: The Comp experience is the best in duo or triple stack this season. 4+ stacks just don't work for me anymore expecially when the groups are full of people in varying ranks and skill levels. It just creates inconsistent matches.

Also, we MUST remember that we do not need to be in team chat all the time to win. There is no need to feel you are required to be in comms to do well. I am so tired of YouTubers and others saying this is a requirement to succeed. I've won more matches without comms than when I was in it this season similar to how I played in the first and second seasons. It worked fine for me then, it will be fine for me now.

I'll make exceptions for some Gaffers cuz they know how to lead but I just don't want to deal with whiny randoms anymore. The matches with Moon and Elza with those manbaby randoms was just irritating as hell.

I can mute the offending randoms but then I'll just hear you guys arguing with them anyway so what's the point.
I have seen you repeat this many times and I hope you stop because it is poor advice.

This is a game that gets much easier with communication and coordination. You might not be playing at a level where that's evident - all the communication in the world probably won't add up to much in bronze - but if you are playing with players who are halfway decent but don't have the game sense to be aware of every single important thing that's happening around them (also known as the vast majority of the Overwatch population) then you can help things by being in voice chat.

I have seen endless examples of teams losing fights due to poor target prioritization, which is invariably the product of bad/no communication. People aren't psychic, and the other DPS doesn't know that you've put 199 damage into Mercy but you need to reload unless you tell them.

I think you should be forced to join team chat in comp. Players who don't do the bare minimum of listening in are severely handicapping themselves and their team for no good reason.

If you don't want to hear a particular player, there's a mute button. If you don't want to communicate in the team game, there's quick play.

LiK

I have seen you repeat this many times and I hope you stop because it is poor advice.

This is a game that gets much easier with communication and coordination. You might not be playing at a level where that's evident - all the communication in the world probably won't add up to much in bronze - but if you are playing with players who are halfway decent but don't have the game sense to be aware of every single important thing that's happening around them (also known as the vast majority of the Overwatch population) then you can help things by being in voice chat.

I have seen endless examples of teams losing fights due to poor target prioritization, which is invariably the product of bad/no communication. People aren't psychic, and the other DPS doesn't know that you've put 199 damage into Mercy but you need to reload unless you tell them.

I think you should be forced to join team chat in comp. Players who don't do the bare minimum of listening in are severely handicapping themselves and their team for no good reason.

If you don't want to hear a particular player, there's a mute button. If you don't want to communicate in the team game, there's quick play.

People are playing bad without communication because they have poor game sense. This game gives you so many audio queues that it's ridiculous thinking you must have communication to win. This only applies if you're playing in a stack against another full stack where people actually coordinate. OW doesn't need 100% precise comms to win nor do you really need someone constantly calling things out because if you simply listen to what the heroes are saying, you already know what to do. You don't need to be psychic to know the basics.

And no, I will not stop telling people to leave comms. Feel free to disagree but my experience has been better without comms.

Also, telling people to play quick play cuz they don't want to be in team chat is laughable.

Tellem
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Tellem

Ignored.

Tellem
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Tellem

Anyone want to duo que on PS4? ~2800

Placed silver after the worst run you could imagine at the end of last season. Close to diamond. Looking forward to just being able to chill in mystery heroes. Lol

Fugu

People are playing bad without communication because they have poor game sense. This game gives you so many audio queues that it's ridiculous thinking you must have communication to win. This only applies if you're playing in a stack against another full stack where people actually coordinate. OW doesn't need 100% precise comms to win nor do you really need someone constantly calling things out because if you simply listen to what the heroes are saying, you already know what to do. You don't need to be psychic to know the basics.

And no, I will not stop telling people to leave comms. Feel free to disagree but my experience has been better without comms.

Also, telling people to play quick play cuz they don't want to be in team chat is laughable.
I hear all the pros play in total silence.

It's not laughable. It is, in fact, very frustrating to play with players who aren't in voice because it's basically impossible to get their attention when they need it.

There are some people who have extremely good game sense and don't need voice coms, but these people are invariably very highly ranked and generally still join team chat anyway because there is literally no downside to being in team chat and then muting when you need to.

I mean it's cool if you want to become the mayor of plat but don't pretend this isn't a factor.

pizzacat

Banned
As fellow junkrat mains I understand liks plight, some people don't understand that you don't lose in the character select screen and I rather not listen to it

Fugu

Your response to your teammates' negativity is to compound their negativity by making a decision that has no chance of increasing your likelihood of winning but a good chance of decreasing it?

The best way to justify offmeta picks/OTPing is through results, not muting team chat.

pizzacat

Banned
Your response to your teammates' negativity is to compound their negativity by making a decision that has no chance of increasing your likelihood of winning but a good chance of decreasing it?

The best way to justify offmeta picks/OTPing is through results, not muting team chat.
But that takes some type of social skill and as I said I play junkrat

LiK

I hear all the pros play in total silence.

It's not laughable. It is, in fact, very frustrating to play with players who aren't in voice because it's basically impossible to get their attention when they need it.

There are some people who have extremely good game sense and don't need voice coms, but these people are invariably very highly ranked and generally still join team chat anyway because there is literally no downside to being in team chat and then muting when you need to.

I mean it's cool if you want to become the mayor of plat but don't pretend this isn't a factor.

None of us are pros. This ain't a job. Just because some of you guys are in Masters/GM doesn't mean you're pros either. You just play better than the masses.

I've reached Diamond in all previous seasons without team chat just fine. I would climb higher if I actually cared about Masters/GM but this isn't the only game I play. Plus the current SR decay system makes this more of a grind to stay up there.

I'm happy not dealing with toxic children in comms and just enjoying the game. If you enjoy comms so much, good for you.

Ignored.

I play my video games blindfolded because I am such an experienced video game player.

rulerk1

played Rein on my alt. It was me and Zen near the Illios well against a McRee and mechless D.va. This diamond level dps main who played Zen for us missed EVERY shot. I dont usually talk shit about poeple skill but wow. We lost that cause our Hanzo turned Lucio player was one of those ( ineed to go dps to carry type players). technically not wrong but his dps in the first two rounds wasnt all that. Including me a lot of incompetence that round

Only read some of lik's posts but i agree with some of his main points. There are certain things you should just know to do after a certain points. Voice comm make things easier tho for certain things but being aware helps with that

Fugu

None of us are pros. This ain't a job. Just because some of you guys are in Masters/GM doesn't mean you're pros either. You just play better than the masses.

I've reached Diamond in all previous seasons without team chat just fine. I would climb higher if I actually cared about Masters/GM but this isn't the only game I play. Plus the current SR decay system makes this more of a grind to stay up there.

I'm happy not dealing with toxic children in comms and just enjoying the game. If you enjoy comms so much, good for you.
Tell yourself whatever you want, you're making the game harder for yourself and more frustrating for everyone else by not joining voice. And yes, I am fully aware that I cannot make you participate in chat - I too was in diamond once and have had to deal with hundreds of players who, for no reason at all, do not join voice. It's for the good of the game as a whole, though, that people realize that this particular decision is selfish, unsporting and just generally betraying the attitude that a player participating in a competitive game mode should have.

I have two accounts around 4k and it's not a grind when everyone tries hard and does the needful to win the game. It's a grind when people drag things down with stupid bullshit like this.

Edit: Lol I just noticed that you insinuated in your post that you could be GM if you wanted to. Ok buddy

Mr Git

My problem with using comms on Ps4 is that groupchat sounds like arse and chips compared to just having party chat. Feels pretty bad when a random joins the group and I can see them chatting but I'm on party chat because it's not dead wank. Obviously this is fine if playing with people on my friends list but randoms ehh. That or they're playing music or are 5 years old.

LiK

Tell yourself whatever you want, you're making the game harder for yourself and more frustrating for everyone else by not joining voice. And yes, I am fully aware that I cannot make you participate in chat - I too was in diamond once and have had to deal with hundreds of players who, for no reason at all, do not join voice. It's for the good of the game as a whole, though, that people realize that this particular decision is selfish, unsporting and just generally betraying the attitude that a player participating in a competitive game mode should have.

I have two accounts around 4k and it's not a grind when everyone tries hard and does the needful to win the game. It's a grind when people drag things down with stupid bullshit like this.

Edit: Lol I just noticed that you insinuated in your post that you could be GM if you wanted to. Ok buddy

I didn't insinuate anything. I'm not saying I could become GM from sheer force of will but I'm saying people can play just fine without comms all the time and can reach the higher tiers from playing consistently well.

I'm not your buddy. We're done.

Lik has gotten more and more right as the game has gotten older and the community worse.

Last time I was in a four stack I was advocating for just staying as a team. You're either talking to silence, talking to an asshole, or one in ten times talking to a cool guy but still not doing very much coordinating. People just give no shits anymore. And fights happen way more than good communication.

I used to be on team voice chat and I still see the merit. But I see the merit of silence too. Especially when I'm in diamond for the 5th straight season, hit master once briefly and have gotten worse (at least compared to my peers) since then. It's pretty obvious where I belong in the game. Talking or no talking.

Dumping on Lik for enjoying his games in diamond the way he wants too when the game is a over year old? Cmon now.

Fugu

Only read some of lik's posts but i agree with his main points. There are certain things you should just know to do after a certain points. Voice comm make things easier tho for certain things but being aware helps with that
Let's say I'm Pharah and you're Zarya. I know I'm about to barrage and therefore I'm going to take a ton of damage in a very short period of time. I want you to hold bubble so you can be ready to bubble me, simultaneously doubling my ehp, giving our healers a fighting chance, increasing my DPS for however long I don't die, and guaranteeing yourself 40 charge. How would you know that I'm going to do this if I don't tell you? You might guess that I'm going to barrage and hold your bubble, but then you might be wrong and subsequently lose out on charge and/or cause the untimely death of someone you could've saved because you held bubble when you shouldn't have.

This is literally the difference between winning and losing a team fight and it is far from the only example of a situation that can go much differently when direct communication is involved.
Lik has gotten more and more right as the game has gotten older and the community worse.

Last time I was in a four stack I was advocating for just staying as a team. You're either talking to silence, talking to an asshole, or one in ten times talking to a cool guy but still not doing very much coordinating. People just give no shits anymore. And fights happen way more than good communication.

I used to be on team voice chat and I still see the merit. But I see the merit of silence too. Especially when I'm in diamond for the 5th straight season, hit master once briefly and have gotten worse (at least compared to my peers) since then. It's pretty obvious where I belong in the game. Talking or no talking.

Dumping on Lik for enjoying his games in diamond the way he wants too when the game is a over year old? Cmon now.
If he's going to play comp, he, like anyone else, should be called out for making decisions that literally only make the game harder to win.

Yknow.
Like no ones saying you cant climb while not in voice.

Its that you negatively impact the experience of every1 by not being in voice

No ones saying you cant leave voice or mute people if they arnt helping or whatever.

Geez stop pretending to be victims this is a simple 1 way thing

rulerk1

Let's say I'm Pharah and you're Zarya. I know I'm about to barrage and therefore I'm going to take a ton of damage in a very short period of time. I want you to hold bubble so you can be ready to bubble me, simultaneously doubling my ehp, giving our healers a fighting chance, increasing my DPS for however long I don't die, and guaranteeing yourself 40 charge. How would you know that I'm going to do this if I don't tell you? You might guess that I'm going to barrage and hold your bubble, but then you might be wrong and subsequently lose out on charge and/or cause the untimely death of someone you could've saved because you held bubble when you shouldn't have.

This is literally the difference between winning and losing a team fight and it is far from the only example of a situation that can go much differently when direct communication is involved.

If he's going to play comp, he, like anyone else, should be called out for making decisions that literally only make the game harder to win.

yeah voice chat makes things alot easier i agree with that.

I guess fun and personal enjoyment just don't matter in a game.

By your logic anyone not running a perfect meta team comp should be called out.

Fugu

Us junkrat mains will not be silenced (well actually since we aren't talking in chat we are silenced but you understand!)
I played with a GM Junkrat otp the other day. People were skeptical at first but he stayed in voice chat and proceeded to fuck shit up. Everyone was happy.

It is honestly far more tilting to have an otp leave chat as a preemptive strike (at their own team, mind you) than it is to have an inappropriate/not meta otp in the first place.

I guess fun and personal enjoyment just don't matter in a game.

By your logic anyone not running a perfect meta team comp should be called out.
What about the enjoyment of the other five people on your team?

I mostly play an offmeta hero. That is not what I'm saying.

LiK

I've joined team chat with every GAF (3+-stack) group this week and it's been just randoms yelling at us or arguing with each other about picks. People tilt from losing team fights and immediately start the blame game. I'm sure the Masters/GM guys here have a better time than us plebs with comms but it's been nothing but a toxic mess from my experience.

Veelk

Banned
As much as I feel this game hates me sometimes, I feel I've been generally luckier than most with my voiced teammates. I would say that chill teammates that just want to have fun playing the game are the majority of the people I encounter.

Fugu

I've joined team chat with every GAF (3+-stack) group this week and it's been just randoms yelling at us or arguing with each other about picks. People tilt from losing team fights and immediately start the blame game. I'm sure the Masters/GM guys here have a better time than us plebs with comms but it's been nothing but a toxic mess from my experience.
Maybe the problem is you, buddy!

yeah voice chat makes things alot easier i agree with that.
"Voice chat makes things a lot easier" is literally my entire argument boiled down to seven words.

Top Bottom