• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

The biggest irony in all of this is the recurring trend of lower SR players telling higher SR players that they (the lower SR players) have such good game sense that they don't need voice. No you don't! Nobody does! There are some very high ranked players that occupy a weird space whereby their gamesense is good enough to "communicate" implicitly at a level that is sufficient for ladder play (although not, notably, sufficient enough for pro or pseudopro play like scrims) but they are few and far between and one does not get to that level by chronically not communicating.

The game flows so much better with shot calling and ult co-ordination that it's insane. And even if you believe that you don't need shot calling, you should realize that unless you are in GM (...and even then to some extent) you are playing at a level where ult management is far from ideal and can readily be improved by declaring your intention to ult in the next fight instead of just "feeling it".

There is no shorthand. There is, however, shorthand for two supports using their ults simultaneously: Bad ult economy.

Or, alternatively, OH LET'S BREAK IT DOWXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

PC? He's alright. He's terrifying up close but too many characters simply don't have to deal with him if they don't want to and/or can kill him at range.

His biggest problem is that a lot of meta heroes make his life a lot worse, like Lucio and D.Va.

This is all 100% true. That said, sometimes I will put a lot less effort into voice comms if people aren't really using it well (down in my gold league). I also will instantly mute anyone who starts screaming or yelling.

MCD

About team comp I usually mute my mic on Xbox but I pay attention to my teammates and will join them if they are nice.

I am a shy person and my English is so-so.

LiK

Good winstons dont let reaper counter them

Easier said than done. Reapers can just go right in to their faces now and survive longer with that self heal. Seen that happen in my games.

A good team will focus down a Reaper before he can do too much damage.

Fugu

Good winstons dont let reaper counter them, it's not as direct a counter as people think it is
Yes, especially since the rest of the dive package (D.Va, Lucio, Tracer...) consists of heroes that very easily neutralize Reaper.

God help you if they have a Pharah.

HMD

I find Tracer to be a better counter to Winston than Reaper, she can at least escape when the D.va/Winston combo dive her.

Just use the Ult command when it's full and when people are launching into a point, Lucio can use it if their health ain't bad. I tend to Ult as Zen if I see multiple people's health going down at once in a team fight to keep them alive. My most recent duo with Owzers was me playing as Zen without comms. I Ulted twice in there just to keep the team alive and we won the team fights both times. Here's the match:

https://youtu.be/TJa3URooedo

Ah, I see. I try to always save my ults to counter enemy ults, and use it to heal only as a last resort. A lot of the Lucios I play with do the same thing (unless we're running Dive). Hashing out who is going to ult first makes things a lot easier in those cases.

And thanks for the video, always like watching your Zen.

LiK

Ah, I see. I try to always save my ults to counter enemy ults, and use it to heal only as a last resort. A lot of the Lucios I play with do the same thing (unless we're running Dive). Hashing out who is going to ult first makes things a lot easier in those cases.

And thanks for the video, always like watching your Zen.

Yea, Zen Ult is always useful against enemy Ults. I will def pop it if that happens as well if most of the team ain't dead already. Whatever is needed to save the team. Thanks man.

I was playing Mercy last night on Route 66 defense and their Reaper kept sneaking behind me. I've got good headphones tho, so every time I heard his telltale 'swoosh swoosh' I'd whip out my gun and go for his face. This was the entire game. Not one fucker was protecting me.

I got him at least twice though, so I felt good :p

LiK

I was playing Mercy last night on Route 66 defense and their Reaper kept sneaking behind me. I've got good headphones tho, so every time I heard his telltale 'swoosh swoosh' I'd whip out my gun and go for his face. This was the entire game. Not one fucker was protecting me.

I got him at least twice though, so I felt good :p

Are you a Mercy main now.

That feel when my teammates argue that Sombra and Tracer are viable counters to a PharMercy combo

That feel when I'm playing Mercy damage boosting a Solider and he calls out to the team that he needs help dealing with a solo Pharah.

I said to him "killing that Pharah is your job and if you can't do that you should probably switch from Soldier".

He switched to Torb lol

Aren't you in Masters?

Was in Grandmasters, now I'm back down to 3890's because of stupidity and trolling over the past 2 days. Somehow my Master rank games in the 3500-3700s felt more intelligent than these GM/Top 500 games. The stupidity is just astounding at times, and theres so many fucking Hanzo and Widow mains and its making me insane

My GM team is literally getting spawn camped on Volskaya and we have a terrible Widow

Players in Masters and GM have the same lapse of judgment just like the other tiers. It's just up here everyone has an inflated ego which normally matches their inflated SR.

Yup. Its honestly even worse, starting to get to the point where I wouldn't even mind falling down. After hitting GM I have done literally nothing but lose like 80% of my matches.

Its just a terrible combo of Egos, Mouse and Keyboard users, and pure dumbshittery. Always seems like when theres a battle of snipers, the shitty one ends on your team while the other team has the one who can snipe a full speed falling Pharah like they were standing still.

JHall

Yup. Its honestly even worse, starting to get to the point where I wouldn't even mind falling down. After hitting GM I have done literally nothing but lose like 80% of my matches.

Its just a terrible combo of Egos, Mouse and Keyboard users, and pure dumbshittery. Always seems like when theres a battle of snipers, the shitty one ends on your team while the other team has the one who can snipe a full speed falling Pharah like they were standing still.

Oh you're on console. Don't worry it's the same shit on PC as well.

It feels like the key to being a GM/Top 500 player on console is either be a Pharah main and queue with a Mercy main (Or just get random ones), or be a Mouse and Keyboard user.

AbaFadi

Banned
Players in Masters and GM have the same lapse of judgment just like the other tiers. It's just up here everyone has an inflated ego which normally matches their inflated SR.

Sounds about right.

It feels like the key to being a GM/Top 500 player on console is either be a Pharah main and queue with a Mercy main (Or just get random ones), or be a Mouse and Keyboard user.

I've been gm/top 500 on console since season 2. This used to not be the case back then, but console matchmaking is pretty bad at the highest level now. Now it's just quene with a Mercy main because console players can't aim at pharmercy or know how to take Mercy out before she uses rez. I miss the good matchmaking of season 2.

leng jai

When I was playing QP only Hanzo was in literally every game and annoying AF. Now I'ved moved into comp it feels like he's useless unless the player is amazing.

Are you a Mercy main now.

I want to be. On some days I feel like I've got her down to a tee. But on days like yesterday when I had a team of pubescent babies whining at me for not healing them I start second guessing myself. I'm going to keep it up though because I want to be the one to fill in the Mercy role when nobody else goes support. I think it's pretty vital if you want to survive comp soloq.

I've had some really good Mercy games this past week that makes me think I should keep with her for now.

Kalentan

Did the loot box changes go through yet?

Cause my latest box today was 3/4 duplicates and the one before that was 4/4 duplicates.

Also while D.Va has been my main tank... I think Orisa is taking that spot. She's so much fun.

Also holy shit, just got the new map for the first time. This place is literally cancer.

I played horizon in comp for the first time yesterday and I was kinda resigned to taking the L.

We were on defense first and lost point A in the first team fight but they didn't touch point B.

On offense we totally trashed them, took A real quick and ulted the shit out of them on B.

Horizon's layout makes for some really fun fights.

Veelk

Banned
I played a lot of Horizon when it was in the arcade. It's a very different kind of 2CP map. Like, it feels significantly more open than any of the others. It's taking me a while to get used to it.

I played horizon in comp for the first time yesterday and I was kinda resigned to taking the L.

We were on defense first and lost point A in the first team fight but they didn't touch point B.

On offense we totally trashed them, took A real quick and ulted the shit out of them on B.

Horizon's layout makes for some really fun fights.

That was actually the best game we had all nite.

I hated Horizon initially, it's my favorite 2cp map now.

I hate that Blizz store charges right away. This would hurt so much.

Yeah - that's my only reason to not preorder it right now. It coming out of my account immediately is bad. Also I'm moving soon so I don't really need to order more things to put in boxes right now.

KyleCross

$450, Blizzard?! Are you shitting me? I get that she's in scale with the others and thus bigger, but not $300 bigger! D.Va's one of my mains and I can't afford her, while I have Tracer and ordered Widow, two characters I don't even play...

randome

Ok wooo, messaged a few people! Prefer to message my psn name instead of put it on the forums so lemme know if anyone else wants to play!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Reaper is a character in overwatch that flanks and doesnt killhimself in the process

I've been trying to make reaper work on Lijang tower and the attack phases, but having difficulty for some reason. I guess probably feel the need to prioritize the tanks, and thus don't really do a great flank. Maybe I'll try with the squishies always first approach and see how it goes.

Also do need to accomplish more with kills without area denial of turrets and a shield generator or teleporter. Bronze elims and no damage metal is being totally useless as reaper, but about par for a sym with support ults.

Top Bottom