• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaosWolf

Let's just keep charging into the objective over and over. Forget Battlefield 1 this game is the real WW1 FPS of 2016.

Just got done with two consecutive matches where my team couldn't even get to the objective point to contest it. We might as well have been running into no mans land charging head first into a nest of machine guns.

"What the fuck is 'flanking'?"

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Genjis can reflect the richochet arrow back at you before it splits so it explodes in your face.

It makes me sad fam :(

Why aren't you firing it at their feet? That's usually a one shot if you shoot it close to their feet (although with Genji I imagine he can deflect the resulting arrows back at you).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why aren't you firing it at their feet? That's usually a one shot if you shoot it close to their feet (although with Genji I imagine he can deflect the resulting arrows back at you).

Same with McCree's flashbang. He can deflect it back at you but if you throw it at his feet it'll get him still.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i am so ready for that mccree nerf

fuck flashback behind me stunning, fuck the stun in general and fuck fan. I can't wait for that first patch that nerfs all of that shit.

Hey Apathy...

...what time is it? :3

I am. Its usually the far ones you shoot into crowds ;_;

Papercuts

So Genji and McCree are probably going to be the first to get nerfs right?

McCree's fan the hammer is almost surely going to get hit atleast. I believe there were dev notes from a patch before saying they didn't want that to be his main way of attacking.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I wonder how many people I make scream at the PC on any given day with my two favourites being Mei and McCree. My poor, misunderstood babies get all the hate :(

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McCree's fan the hammer is almost surely going to get hit atleast. I believe there were dev notes from a patch before saying they didn't want that to be his main way of attacking.

Yeah at least put a cooldown on it like Lucio's alt.

R0ckman

I LOVE Winston, he's really good when your team just isnt getting it but isnt completely stupid and you aren't doing to well. I pull him out everytime the team goofs too much and cant adapt to highly aggressive teams. The key is picking when you have that feeling you're team isnt getting it fully.

It also lets me take out my rage on everyone. He's just like this "TO HELL WITH EVERYTHING!" character and I love it! I jump in and go insane on every player that was pissing me off on the oppsite team, Torb and his Turrets, Bastion, Mercy to hell with ypur strategies!

I've been dominating on the PC with Pharah but earlier today I went to play on the X1 version of the game with my little bro but much to my surprise I was doing utterly terrible. The controls feel off. They feel very floaty and there feels like there is a ton of input lag. I've been playing with a controller my whole life so I don't attribute it to not being familiar with one. The controls just feel really sluggish.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How much health does Mei have? She seems to stay at a healthy half health at least from a hanzo body arrow when im caught and try to kill her.

Also how do you Winston? You jump in, pop your bubble but your gun has no range and outside the bubble he is shockingly squishy so what to? :(

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Had a good run of games tonight and I unboxed 2 more legendaries, this time for heroes I actually play!

raindancerv4kip.jpg
stonehardtdjj3v.jpg

Haines

Banned
Got jailbird junkrat in a chest before I got off. Nice.

Still loving the loot system. Little surprises for you once in a while.

Found a person with a mic and that's the way to play this game for sure.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This kills the Batman. If you change anything on him it would be the flashbang.

What do you even do about that though? It already has almost no range and the effect doesn't last super long. I feel like you'd have to remove it completely or do something where it only affects you when you're looking at the flash?

Zekes!

I posted this in the last topic but didn't get a response,

Does any PS4 players have any headset recemendations? I want to get one so I can start playing with ya'll and be able to chat

Nomad skin is better than that trash breh.

Metal Gear Solid Grey Fox is cool, I admit

I feel the same way about McCree and Soldiers, my other offense mains. Hard to beat Clint Eastwood cowboy and Gold color with Cyclops eyes soldier

I really want Lucio Frog and Roadhog Court Jester tho

Papercuts

Metal Gear Solid Grey Fox is cool, I admit

I feel the same way about McCree and Soldiers, my other offense mains. Hard to beat Clint Eastwood cowboy and Gold color with Cyclops eyes soldier

I really want Lucio Frog and Roadhog Court Jester tho

I got the clownshoe Daredevil costume for Soldier and use it out of obligation.

I already got the best outfit in the game with Thunderbird Pharah though so the rest is whatever.

^Thunderbird Pharah is some racist shit, lol. Im sticking with purple Gravity Suit Samus Pharah

LOL 2 McCree per team in these games,...

There's never a reason not to have a McCree on your team. Beats every single character 1v1, Ulti guarantees at least one instant kill with a good team, if not more, left click is deadly in the right hands. Can't self heal, but doesnt matter cuz Lucio/Mercy.

Gaming with GAF not matter the genre is almost always awesome, but I can see people having that team play anxiety too. I think the problem is, everyone is so worried about K/D ratios, "getting gud", being pro or competitive, etc. that they either overinvest themselves or just completely go on mute.

I'll try better next time lol

How much health does Mei have? She seems to stay at a healthy half health at least from a hanzo body arrow when im caught and try to kill her.

Also how do you Winston? You jump in, pop your bubble but your gun has no range and outside the bubble he is shockingly squishy so what to? :(

Hang with your team a lot. You'll want to hop in, drop a shield, and dance around it with your teammates. He's really good if you double up too. Two Winstons is one of the best strategies for KOTH maps.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What do you even do about that though? It already has almost no range and the effect doesn't last super long. I feel like you'd have to remove it completely or do something where it only affects you when you're looking at the flash?

It lasts long enough to guarantee a kill, no one beats McCree close range, I just run around like the Terminator knowing worst case I run into a Roadhog and I might have to roll Hammer to finish him off. You could make it only affect people it hits face on, or even rework it and make it a very powerful snare so they'd still be basically immobile but they could at least fight back. Either way he'd still be very strong but not too strong like he is now.

Hyun Sai

There's never a reason not to have a McCree on your team. Beats every single character 1v1, Ulti guarantees at least one instant kill with a good team, if not more, left click is deadly in the right hands. Can't self heal, but doesnt matter cuz Lucio/Mercy.

Yeah, it surprises me we don't see him more in PUGS, is he somehow hard to play ?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

More because you can do the ice heal.

She legit tanks better than most tanks not named reinhardt.

Apathy

Hey Apathy...

...what time is it? :3

I am. Its usually the far ones you shoot into crowds ;_;

Oh i have no issues with his alt, you get hit you're braindead.

His flashbang and fan are the main issue. the stun is too long, he one shots anyone the cooldown is too short and it hits you from behind, change all that and hes actually balanced

ramyeon

I am terrible with McCree, Genji and Hanzo.

Need to improve with all of them. I love how my list of usable characters is growing day by day as I learn their ins and outs.

Yeah, it surprises me we don't see him more in PUGS, is he somehow hard to play ?

Well, I did say organized team. He's not somebody who can go off by himself cuz his mobilty is trash compared to Genji/Reaper/Soldier, and can't feel himself like Soldier or Reaper's orbs/invincible dash, or Genji double jumping/slashing/reflecting from danger. He's the guy who stands behind a focused push led by tanks/other DPS characters, landing shots, countering flanks, getting good vantage points for HIIIIIIIIIGH NOON, etc

Plus, ya know, you gotta aim. Single shot hitscans are harder than aiming rockets, holding a machine gun, or the huge hitbox for shotguns.

IronLich

Ok, so maybe Blizzard shouldn't have had Torbjorn's Ult not only heal his turret, but himself as well. That is absolutely ridiculous that they left in a panic button of that caliber.

I think he's just too good. He's my go to guy in any Defend match, and let me tell you how easy it is to lame it out and keep his turret hard until I get enough meter for the Ult for which I have a "Get Out of Death FREE" Card whenever. Maybe a Pharah or a Junkrat will get lucky enough to land some direct hits. And maybe there will be a Widowmaker that can eye it enough to take it out, but overall, this is not the case, and people just can't help but get up close and personal with my turret only to fail.

His ult is the most braindead thing in the game. Like yeah make the turret stronger and raise its MaxHP for the duration, but don't heal both the turret and the owner in the process. I'm BEGGING someone to defend that bullshit. And he's my most played character, so it's not sour grapes. It's just... why.

Gryph

Alright, I'm bored of pubs. I want to try and play with some Gaffers with chat this week.

How do I do that? Just add people from the PS4 list?

Grisby

POTG Mercy is the best.
Im really loving Mei. Fucking people with the Ice Wall is great.
It's very versatile too. I love shooting myself up to a higher level or in the middle of a fight.
I think Mercy's legendary skins are so worth to buy. They are gorgeous and even change her ult voiceline.

Her devil skin: "Heroes never die... For a price"
Her viking skin: Something about Valhalla.. Can't remember the exact line.

IIRC, Hanzo has a new ult voiceline too for his legendary skin. Any other heroes?
Ah man, I want those so bad. Mercy, Tracer, and D'Va's. Probably in a few years, ;_;

Pons

Neo Member
Does anyone have a link to the image for the character hard counters in Overwatch? I've been trying to find it for two days now, but my search fu fails me, I remember seeing it in the first OT.

Thanks!

_woLf

Is there a list somewhere of the legendary skins that have special voices or effects (like the wolf hanzo ult one)?

The only legendary skin I've ever got was the young hanzo skin and it doesn't seem to have any special additions aside from his look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom