• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Anne

Yeah I hope she gets nerfed as its really annoying to have to justify your McCree pick over Soldier simply because 76 can 1v1 DVA. Usually can go with it if they have Tracer or Genji though. What's you crit % with McCree at in competitive? I'm usually hovering at 9%.

Hanzo you just spray at head height and pray. :p

My widow is getting better but its just inconsistent. One game I will have 25 crits and the next 10. Lowering my scope sens to 30 helped a lot though.

55% accuracy, 12% crit rate. The crit rate is inflated a bit form the amount of trip tank I run into considering the account I have comp on atm is S3 only. Easy to just get dinks on Roadhog/D.Va/Rein.

Since people are talking about PC technical stuff, a quick question...

Is having an uncapped framerate super beneficial? I was just watching my brother play Overwatch on the PS4 and it actually looks smoother than it does on my PC. I'm getting around 170fps on my 60Hz monitor. But the screen tearing means playing DPS is a bit of an eye strain. I monitor is also IPS meaning it has 5ms input lag. Should I just cap the frame rate at 60 or is the reduced input lag too good to turn down?

Depends on how you feel. The onyl thing that gets me is if it changes wildly then the aim feel changes wildly too and that isn't okay. I cap it at something I know it would rarely drop below.

Can be like me and find a decently cheap 144Hz monitor :v

caesar

Banned
55% accuracy, 12% crit rate. The crit rate is inflated a bit form the amount of trip tank I run into considering the account I have comp on atm is S3 only. Easy to just get dinks on Roadhog/D.Va/Rein.

Depends on how you feel. The onyl thing that gets me is if it changes wildly then the aim feel changes wildly too and that isn't okay. I cap it at something I know it would rarely drop below.

12?! Doesn't Iddqd have 10/11? :p Yeah the tanks are super easy to dink, Reapers hitbox is my favourite though. Headshots all day.

Sullichin

The most obvious skins for Zen :(

They dropped the ball for the Halloween event as well. I think Blizzard hates him.

He's the best character in the game. He doesn't need attention or fancy skins. He just silently rules while DPS brags about their medals they wouldn't have were it not for orbs of discord

This should be a thing :

Someone suggested it in the thread already. It would be so perfect that it probably won't happen.
The Zen fan art for his Halloween skin was miles better than what we ended up getting. I'm on mobile so I can't fetch it right now

3jmOU7C.png

But seriously, her new skin looks very cute.
Is that a boner or a xenomorph

Damn kind of sucks they waited so long since Chrismas is only a week an a half away? You would think they would have it last longer since Christmas is so big

They're sitting on the West Coast, and it's just a few hours. Undo the calamity that is your mammaries, man.
The event also includes New Years, both in what's part of the stuff we'll get, and date-wise (since it'll end on Jan 3).

12?! Doesn't Iddqd have 10/11? :p Yeah the tanks are super easy to dink, Reapers hitbox is my favourite though. Headshots all day.

Iddqd plays pretty stupid in solo q sometimes though, and can't always set up to get the shots he needs or get a proper aim duel because of it. Also has to rely on random tank/support players to actually support them. But Anne is typically good/smart enough that I don't have to ever really babysit her with Rein as she sets up good duels/picks.

Sullichin

Every once in a while I'll see a death in this game that seems at odds with the cartoonish, bright, happy aesthetic. Like a lucio getting bluntly smashed in the face with a hammer in the middle of saying "I'm lovin' this!" Sometimes it just seems so dark and it makes me laugh

Thewonandonly

They're sitting on the West Coast, and it's just a few hours. Undo the calamity that is your mammaries, man.
The event also includes New Years, both in what's part of the stuff we'll get, and date-wise (since it'll end on Jan 3).
Hahaha I guess your right i was just looking forward to it after finals and now I'm home :(

Skii

Well the framerate seems to switch between 119 and 179 in game. It's weird. I think I have fast sync enabled to "help" with the tearing so maybe that's causing rapid changes in frame rate causing stuttering.

I've been on the hunt for a 144Hz monitor but it'll cost me £230 at least. What brand is yours?

Paltheos

Mei's not a problem, guys. I still have a little problem with Blizzard (the ult), but it's not as bad as it used to be, and the rest of her kit is super fair (except for ice cube being totally immovable - I'm not ok with that).

Symmetra's the only character I want outright removed because a part of her kit (her ult) relies on chance (that is, searching for the teleporter) which should have no place in this game imo. No signal indicating where it is, short of global vision of its location, makes up for that.

caesar

Banned
Iddqd plays pretty stupid in solo q sometimes though, and can't always set up to get the shots he needs or get a proper aim duel because of it. Also has to rely on random tank/support players to actually support them. But Anne is typically good/smart enough that I don't have to ever really babysit her with Rein as she sets up good duels/picks.

He's like 4600, clearly not stupid. Pretty sure even if he was tryharding the whole season he wouldn't go above 12/13.

bjork

Symmetra's the only character I want outright removed because a part of her kit (her ult) relies on chance (that is, searching for the teleporter) which should have no place in this game imo. No signal indicating where it is, short of global vision of its location, makes up for that.

You quit talking bad about my lady. She's gonna get fixed up!

Braag

Blizzard, there is no way you can make me enjoy Mei. It's just not possible, OKAY? No matter how cute you make her.

I actually enjoy playing as Mei, especially when defending maps like Dorado, it just makes me feel really guilty. Like I know I'm just ruining the enemy teams fun.

Top Bottom