• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

I really hope there's more PVE again but I'm not sure they would do something similar to the Halloween event so soon after.

There could be a winter-themed gametype for the Christmas event, such as chucking snowballs at each other in a small arena.

I'd assume so, but there's probably someone out there that can sideload that into the PTR.

*I think* that's how a lot of stuff is leaked.

Side bonus: Mei Meme Master

I really love a lot of these new character interactions from the recent voice line dump. Pharah & Tracer's exchange is pretty cool, along with some funny exchanges between Zarya and Winston. Torbjorn & Zarya's exchange was pretty interesting, as I didn't realize that he was the one who had a hand with designing those gigantic Omnic combat robots in the past. Also, the fan theories about Ana teaching McCree how to shoot are now cannon.

I really hope there's more PVE again but I'm not sure they would do something similar to the Halloween event so soon after.
snowball fight against snow... bots?
jolly junkrat is trying to deliver EXPLOSIVE presents to the door of the castle using his snowbots and only AULD LANG ANA, HAPPY HANZO, SEASONAL SOLDIER 76 and mccree can stop him.

Too much tumblr for you.

or not enough.
bR4MoIl.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Interesting matches for the winter premier today. Very few actually running the the korean tank meta, and a lot of mei actually mostly because it seems to be nicktjo's comfort pick, and pharah too to answer against the mei. I dunno if it's just because they feel uncomfortable running the korean tank team. 4 tanks come out but it's not too dominant. Enjoyable day to watch though. I dunno if it's just because these teams don't feel like running Korean tanks but the variety made it a lot more fun to watch.

God bless Complexity for bringing the mei though. <3

I'm hoping the Winter Wonderland update will be good. Gotta have something for my birthday that makes me feel a bit better, cause I'm sick as hell. :p

Blues1990

I'm hoping the Winter Wonderland update will be good. Gotta have something for my birthday that makes me feel a bit better, cause I'm sick as hell. :p

Everyone at my work place has a bad case of the flu, and I flew home this morning feeling like shit. Hopefully, Overwatch with the Winter Wonderland event will also keep me all warm and snugly while I battle this stupid migraine and cough.

happy birthday! :D

Thanks mate!

Everyone at my work place has a bad case of the flu, and I flew home this morning feeling like shit. Hopefully, Overwatch with the Winter Wonderland event will also keep me all warm and snugly while I battle this stupid migraine and cough.

I've got a really nasty cold over the weekend. The coughing has subsided a bit, but I'm having the light-headedness, sore muscles and clogged/runny nose still. :S
Hope you get better soon!

I'm waiting to see if Ana gets a christmas skin before I change my icon

if not I think i'll have to santa her up myself in photoshop

don't let me down blizz

if widowmaker gets a nice christmas one i'll have to ditch ana for a bit tbh

Blues1990

I've got a really nasty cold over the weekend. The coughing has subsided a bit, but I'm having the light-headedness, sore muscles and clogged/runny nose still. :S

Hope you get better soon!

Thanks, man. I hope you get better, as well. (Happy Birthday! :D)

Yeah, I'm just chilling here until some news about the event pops up. Not like I'm going anywhere anytime soon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I don't remember it lasting this... long previously.

But yeah, ana now sounds like she accidentally took some off that "juice" as she's shooting it haha.

Blues1990

Man, when did ana's falling scream turn into the most bloodcurdling, longest lasting scream in the game.

Since it was recorded, of course. :3

I have to finish an essay today. But then I'm finally done with my coursework for this semester, so all I will have to do is christmaswatch

So excited!

I really want to see what Epic and Legendary skins the characters will get for this event. Torbjorn will obviously be Santa Dwarf, but with Winston and Mei left out of the fun from the past two events, those two heroes need some love.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I got pushed off the arena as Mercy and no one stepped into LoS range for me to fly back to him.

Floated for as long as I could because my tether was still attached to a Reinhart.

I hope that Reinhart killed the fucker after I very, very slowly floated to my death.

Blues1990

I got pushed off the arena as Mercy and no one stepped into LoS range for me to fly back to him.

Floated for as long as I could because my tether was still attached to a Reinhart.

I hope that Reinhart killed the fucker after I very, very slowly floated to my death.

Haven't you got the memo? No one cares for the support heroes. Hell, half the time, most people don't notice me healing them and are shocked that I play Zenyatta/Lucio. :(

Akuun

Haven't you got the memo? No one cares for the support heroes. Hell, half the time, most people don't notice me healing them and are shocked that I play Zenyatta/Lucio. :(
Yup. In another game, I saw someone playing Ana so I was like "oh cool, I'm not solo healing so I'll try Zen"

Ana runs off to fucking nowhere and starts just shooting people like a Widowmaker. I'm okay with that on occasion, except I'm pretty sure that Ana threw out like three heals the whole game.

So I'm stuck solo healing the group as Zen. My team is spread out fucking everywhere and the enemy team has turrets and Bastions everywhere, and my single healing orb is nowhere near enough because we don't have a tank.

After the game, someone (though I'm not sure if he was on my team) said that his team's healer was soldier 76. :(

I mean, did you let them know you were falling over the edge?

Personally I don't get this idea that people just need to know when the healer is in trouble. Everyone is focused on what they can see, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect people to just 180 and turn their backs to the enemy all the time just to see how the healer is doing. (especially if they are still being healed as you fall, how are they supposed to know?)

You're in the back line, where no one is paying attention, and that's by design. You're only going to be saved if everyone sees the guy heading to the backline to kill you or if you tell them.

it's always been that way :/

but what's actually fucked up is the enemy nanoboost call out

it's so so weird now and i hate it

They changed it for female targets. Originally, the Arabic phrase was addressing only males, and for male targets it's still the same I think, but they added that newly recorded one for female characters.

Akuun

I mean, did you let them know you were falling over the edge?

Personally I don't get this idea that people just need to know when the healer is in trouble. Everyone is focused on what they can see, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect people to just 180 and turn their backs to the enemy all the time just to see how the healer is doing. (especially if they are still being healed as you fall, how are they supposed to know?)

You're in the back line, where no one is paying attention, and that's by design. You're only going to be saved if everyone sees the guy heading to the backline to kill you or if you tell them.
I wasn't on voice at the time. Full pug game in quick play. Fair enough that I didn't tell them.

I'm impressed at how Blizzard has locked down all information about the Christmas event, but the cynic in me wonders if it's even coming out at all today.

I'm impressed at how Blizzard has locked down all information about the Christmas event, but the cynic in me wonders if it's even coming out at all today.

Well they haven't completely shut everything down. We know some of the items the characters will get, and the main menu music has been datamined as well.
But after the Halloween stuff getting leaked early, I'm not surprised that Blizzard has been more cautious.

That said, why would they announce it'll drop today if they didn't drop it today.

They changed it for female targets. Originally, the Arabic phrase was addressing only males, and for male targets it's still the same I think, but they added that newly recorded one for female characters.

And Omnics. Arabic uses the female form for non-gendered nouns, so Bastion gets the new line too.

Skii

How could I get to master with this? S2 season high was 3,3, started S3 with 3,3, dropped to 3k and then went straight up to master, despite definitely beeing a non master player.

PC

It's because the win bonus is ridiculous after placements along with a good win streak. You may not be a S2 Master player level but a lot of people have benefited from this flawed system and are now master so you definitely "belong".

Top Bottom