• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollipen

How do I counter bad teammates?

image.php

Keep running into Pharah+Mercy combos and Bastions tonight. Swear its the most annoying setup and nobody ever counters, yet they yell at you for trying to change things up....

Well tonight was a shitty night all around. Lost another 100 points and fell to 3400. Last match of the night was some troll ass ranked 3500 Capture match where they expected me to get off Zarya to solo heal while we had a Junkrat and Symmetra, so I just went Torbjorn and waited for the minute to pass to leave and screw them over.

Just gotten to the point where if someone tries to pull some troll ass shit like picking Symmetra after we ask for healers, I'm just gonna go Widow or Torbjorn or something. Tired of swapping from staple characters because someone wants to be a Hanzo or Junkrat main on Offense.

Cappa

Banned
I think its hilarious that the stuff people complain about in the 2000s is the same crap that goes on in the 3000s.

Makes me wonder how people get to such a high SR if the level of play is the same or worse.

zoukka

Just gotten to the point where if someone tries to pull some troll ass shit like picking Symmetra after we ask for healers, I'm just gonna go Widow or Torbjorn or something. Tired of swapping from staple characters because someone wants to be a Hanzo or Junkrat main on Offense.

This is how supercriminals are born.

I think its hilarious that the stuff people complain about in the 2000s is the same crap that goes on in the 3000s.

Makes me wonder how people get to such a high SR if the level of play is the same or worse.

I don't think the SR is linear, but parallel. I have friends who are 1000 points above me, but when we play together, they are considerably less knowledgeable about the game and slower in reaction than me.

Teammate said we need a Reindhart in a match, so I switched. But they didn't stay behind my shield, instead they rushed in (without breaking enemy Rein's shield) and feed. What was the point?

Man I am getting good with the Ana sleep dart. Had a teammate call me out on voice by name thanking me because enemy Roadhog hooked him four times and I darted him every time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Keep running into Pharah+Mercy combos and Bastions tonight. Swear its the most annoying setup and nobody ever counters, yet they yell at you for trying to change things up....

I've been seeing bastion so much more lately and I'm not sure why.

And so many of them want me to swap off Zarya or Roadhog to be Rein and basically baby them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Teammate said we need a Reindhart in a match, so I switched. But they didn't stay behind my shield, instead they rushed in (without breaking enemy Rein's shield) and feed. What was the point?

Some people just blindly follow the meta without understanding why the meta is the meta.

Like this one time a bunch of randoms want to do the 3 tank 3 support and they picked dva, Winston and roadhog as the 3 tanks and someone else picked mercy. So, like, doomed from the start. And didn't change when the Pharah was destroyng us because Pharah is especially good against this comp.

zoukka

Some people just blindly follow the meta without understanding why the meta is the meta.

Like this one time a bunch of randoms want to do the 3 tank 3 support and they picked dva, Winston and roadhog as the 3 tanks and someone else picked mercy. So, like, doomed from the start. And didn't change when the Pharah was destroyng us because Pharah is especially good against this comp.

All online games would be better if we could just protect the noobs from the "pro meta" somehow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All online games would be better if we could just protect the noobs from the "pro meta" somehow.

Haha yeah, I kinda believe that too, problem is that they only have a vague idea about it. Maybe if they actually understand it might be alright, but eh.

In my experience most pub games run 2/2/2 or 3/1/2 and then the 5-6 stacks are the ones trying Ana starts whether it be 3/3 or 5+1.
I think I prefer 3/2/1 for pubs these days, puts less pressure on the damage dealers.

Veelk

Banned
Or just be sensible and introduce a practice mode without stat tracking that functions basically the same as QP does now, and place a 1 hero limit on QP, like a sane developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom