• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I just found a skin that I really want to happen in the game.

I present to you... Piñyatta
lB49zK9.png

Source (and second colour variation): http://puffeyes.tumblr.com/post/145507055814/pinyatta

I think its hilarious that the stuff people complain about in the 2000s is the same crap that goes on in the 3000s.

Makes me wonder how people get to such a high SR if the level of play is the same or worse.

Trying my hardest to understand it but I just can't. Last season I peaked around 71, and the match quality felt infinitely better. People atleast tried to stick to the 2-2-2 meta even if it was a 6 man random group, and I maybe ran into 4 or 5 game throwing trolls top.

This season I'm right below the Top 500 Range (Which would be 75-80) and people are just fucking stupid and I have no idea how they got ranked this high when they are so willing to throw matches when things don't go their way or their ego gets hurt. And I REALLY don't get how or why some of these trolls got up here.

AbaFadi

Banned
Trying my hardest to understand it but I just can't. Last season I peaked around 71, and the match quality felt infinitely better. People atleast tried to stick to the 2-2-2 meta even if it was a 6 man random group, and I maybe ran into 4 or 5 game throwing trolls top.

This season I'm right below the Top 500 Range (Which would be 75-80) and people are just fucking stupid and I have no idea how they got ranked this high when they are so willing to throw matches when things don't go their way or their ego gets hurt. And I REALLY don't get how or why some of these trolls got up here.

I'm 3842 right now on ps4 and I get bad teammates all the time still. It doesn't really change no matter how high you get. Sometimes it's even worse since you get paired up with really low rank players to average out the difference in SR between both teams. I've seen plenty of people throw games as well.

LiK

They probably play so much that throwing a few games doesn't affect their rank much. Probably win more than lose.

I'm 3842 right now on ps4 and I get bad teammates all the time still. It doesn't really change no matter how high you get. Sometimes it's even worse since you get paired up with really low rank players to average out the difference in SR between both teams. I've seen plenty of people throw games as well.

I hate it on console when you get lucky enough to have a group that is all in chat together, but then some asshole decides to be super critical of every other person in the game. To the point that people will play shitty or grab terrible characters just to spite the asshole.

Lokbob

I'm soo tired of Genji, there is basically one in every game. I mostly have to play support because nobody else is doing that, and you end up with hitscan heroes on your team that are too dense to kill him.

LiK

I'm soo tired of Genji, there is basically one in every game. I mostly have to play support because nobody else is doing that, and you end up with hitscan heroes on your team that are too dense to kill him.

Nerf didn't affect him at all. Still annoying as hell.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Every time I approach platinum level (2500), I lose several matches in a row. Its a never ending struggle.

On the bright side, I finally got a Halloween skin and it was the legendary Reaper.

Just wanted to clarify this a little bit.

It seems Doomfist is kind of a title of a position more than it represents a specific person.

The Doomfist glove in the payload on Numbani likely belonged to the very first Doomfist. Notice the glove is right-handed: http://i.imgur.com/SDK6Piw.jpg

Just like the person on the left side of the poster. The glove also stops around the forearm.

Now, the second Doomfist is not only a different person, but a different glove. The second Doomfist glove is now left-handed and appears to cover the elbow now.

The third Doomfist is once again right-handed, but now encompasses the entire right arm through the shoulder.

Here is a much larger picture so you can see what I'm talking about:

Edit: Also, I just now noticed the "name" of the third doomfist being written in Omnic, pretty much confirming the current Doomfist is an Omnic. I'd seen people say that before, but never knew where they were getting the information.

Wow. I'd love to be able to pay more attention to the lore in this game. I'll occasionally hear an interesting line of dialogue while waiting to leave the base or whatever, but that's about it.

Cappa

Banned
Every time I approach platinum level (2500), I lose several matches in a row. Its a never ending struggle.

On the bright side, I finally got a Halloween skin and it was the legendary Reaper.

Take a break and keep at it. I was forever hovering 2300s and never making it past 2400s. Now im in the 2500s approaching 2600s.

Sometimes it takes a bit of luck with getting good teammates, sometimes all it takes is a much needed break from the game and coming back refreshed. :)

I disagree. A good one can still be annoying (which is how it should be) but the bad ones are very obvious now. And the average ones aren't much of a problem.

If we could go back to the dark times I think we'd notice a major difference.

Wow. I'd love to be able to pay more attention to the lore in this game. I'll occasionally hear an interesting line of dialogue while waiting to leave the base or whatever, but that's about it.

Best in game dialogue line is:

(When 2 Tracers are on the same team)

Tracer 1: I'm thinking my Chronal Accelerator might be on the fritz...

Tracer 2: I was just thinking the same thing.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Take a break and keep at it. I was forever hovering 2300s and never making it past 2400s. Now im in the 2500s approaching 2600s.

Sometimes it takes a bit of luck with getting good teammates, sometimes all it takes is a much needed break from the game and coming back refreshed. :)

Thanks. I'm at about 2430 right now, so I'm on the precipice. Hopefully tonight will be a good one.

Anne

This game needs a casual mode with 1HL and some better hints/guidelines at how to make a team. Playing with lower elo friends was tragic; nobody knew how to pick a character and the tooltips were leading them into the wrong picks.

LiK

I disagree. A good one can still be annoying (which is how it should be) but the bad ones are very obvious now. And the average ones aren't much of a problem.

If we could go back to the dark times I think we'd notice a major difference.

Still awful to deal with no matter what. Sick of that jumping bean in every game.

AbaFadi

Banned
I hate it on console when you get lucky enough to have a group that is all in chat together, but then some asshole decides to be super critical of every other person in the game. To the point that people will play shitty or grab terrible characters just to spite the asshole.

Yeah I agree. I don't like forcing people to pick heroes to adhere to the meta like many other top 500 players would do. I'd rather people play what they're comfortable with. Also being super critical doesn't really help as it just makes people angry and you'll lose for sure then.

Not if you counter with Zenyatta...

One of my all time favorite things to do in this game is pop transcendence every time Genji uses his ult. Just following him around while he gets frustrated hacking away at nothing for zero damage.

I absolutely love it!

LiK

Not if you counter with Zenyatta...

One of my favorite things to do in this game is pop transcendence every time Genji uses his ult. Just following him around while he gets frustrated hacking away at nothing for zero damage.

I absolutely love it!

Doesn't matter. Even when I kill him as Zen, just need to keep looking out for that guy jumping around trying to kill me. Always need to keep my Ult just for his Ult.

Doesn't matter. Even when I kill him as Zen, just need to keep looking out for that guy jumping around trying to kill me. Always need to keep my Ult just for his Ult.

I've found if you do this enough the Genji will usually ragequit or switch to a different character. I like to save my transcendence to counter Mei's ult as well since it allows him to unfreeze and break free.

LiK

I've found if you do this enough the Genji will usually ragequit or switch to a different character. I like to save my transcendence to counter Mei's ult as well since it allows him to unfreeze and break free.

I wish I can still melee during my Ult so I can kick that stupid Genji in the face as he's trying to slice my team during my Ult lol

Can someone explain to me why Tracer is so good in koth? I can understand Winston but don't get why tracer's moveset makes her so valuable for koth.

wiibomb

It's all in RNG. Some get all skins they want in first 5 boxes and some grind tens of boxes without getting anything they want or even high quality.

From all the anecdotes I've seen on here and Reddit, I'd say an average of 1 Legendary (Yellow) Item about every 17 loot boxes is average.

Or rather 6 Legendaries per 100 levels.

oh that's crushing... I got only 18 halloween loot boxes since I bought the game last thursday and now I'm finding incredibly difficult to progress

I think I'll need a team since I often find that randoms don't coordinate well. shame I don't have any friends to play with.

Can someone explain to me why Tracer is so good in koth? I can understand Winston but don't get why tracer's moveset makes her so valuable for koth.

Well, due to the natural size of a KotH match, her blinks cancel out half of her Death down time.

Say you kill a Zarya in KotH. You've taken her out for 10 second of death, plus about 12-18 seconds of walk back time (depending on the map).

Now do the same for Tracer. You've taken her out for 10 seconds of death, plus about 5-8 seconds of walk back time.

On top of that, Tracer is great for keeping a point in Overtime, since she can blink on to it, and either blink away or rewind to stay safe. Because he blinks cooldown very quickly. She can keep this up for a fair amount of time if the other team has no good offense to take her down.

NeoRaider

I was just thinking and talking about this today. There is always at least on Genji and one McCree in every game.
And Genji can be soooo fucking annoying.

LiK

People are focused on taking the point and Tracer is going behind them and killing them because they're distracted. A good Tracer can pretty much destroy enemy teams in KOTH maps.

oh that's crushing... I got only 18 halloween loot boxes since I bought the game last thursday and now I'm finding incredibly difficult to progress

I think I'll need a team since I often find that randoms don't coordinate well. shame I don't have any friends to play with.

Make sure you're staying in the matchmaking queue to get your consecutive match XP bonus.

Also, tons of people on here play pretty casually to pair up with for that extra 20%XP group bonus.

Tovarisc

If you can get at least one player / friend to grp up with, that +20% XP boost is too good when grinding levels for boxes. Then in general just pick heroes you know you do well with because even if match ends in defeat you get XP according your performance.

wiibomb

Make sure you're staying in the matchmaking queue to get your consecutive match XP bonus.

Also, tons of people on here play pretty casually to pair up with for that extra 20%XP group bonus.

do we have here in gaf a way to make groups? I'm pretty shy about voice chat, but I think I want to progress more on a group

wiibomb

you don't need voice chat to be in a GAF group. just don't play like shit. :)

I think I can pull my weight now much more than when I started. I think I get the game a lot more.

and I think I do pretty well as Mercy too, so I can be a good support player

Anne

The best answer is KoTH fights are shaped like circles and are less constructed. The fact she can move around fights better like that is really all there is to it. None of the other benefits are anywhere close to how that works out.

Edit: If KoTH maps weren't shaped like circles and were more linear like payload/assault maps she'd be far less good. It really just has to do with shit being circular lol

I can't believe how many hours I have poured into this game and still feel like I have more to learn & have better game sense. Also, you don't need to turn on your mic when you take a bong hit random team-mate.

Been mostly focusing with Tracer and Zen with a pocket Roadhog, Winston and Reaper.

I will seriously laugh my ass off if Sombra does this huge 'hacking the stage' thing at Blizzcon. I can't believe such a great company could be so tone deaf. If that is their plan now then they have a couple weeks to change it.

At this point just say "here's the Sombra trailer, she's on PTR right now"

"And now we'd like to talk about all this other stuff we have going on"

Would still be a disappointment overall, but that's the best they could do at this point.

xaosslug

why would you leave a match on Dorodo when the enemy hasn't even reached the 2nd point (and we haven't switched sides to attack, yet!!!)? T__T We were actually doing pretty well, imo. Shit.

Plesiades

I will seriously laugh my ass off if Sombra does this huge 'hacking the stage' thing at Blizzcon. I can't believe such a great company could be so tone deaf. If that is their plan now then they have a couple weeks to change it.

Would still be a disappointment overall, but that's the best they could do at this point.

"You can play Sombra right now... on the showfloor!"

Nimby

Banned

How can someone make a month-long countdown for a new hero, and have that countdown end ~ 2 weeks before Blizzcon and expect people to be satisfied when you reveal nothing at the end of the countdown?

Like you should have just made the freaking countdown last until Blizzcon. Or not have started the ARG this early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom