• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really just don't understand some players. 2 idiots spend 8+ minutes on Hanamura trying to push with Bastion+Junkrat, finally decide to swap off in second round only to get mad that we lost.

I had Gold Eliminations as freaking Reinhardt with a Bastion+Junkrat+Reaper on our team............

Bogus

That feeling when your team falls behind 0-2 in a KOTH match without capping the point once.

You regroup and switch up heroes between rounds while the opposing team trumpets your favorite equivalents of "gg ez".

And then you come back with a 3-2 win.

It's a fine feeling, my friends.

Crzy1

I've gotten Junkenstein 3 times and Junkenstein's monster twice. Just bought the Mercy skin, wasn't using the coins for anything else and it was the only one I wanted. I'm sure I'll get it in a drop soon enough, though.

Really just don't understand some players. 2 idiots spend 8+ minutes on Hanamura trying to push with Bastion+Junkrat, finally decide to swap off in second round only to get mad that we lost.

I had Gold Eliminations as freaking Reinhardt with a Bastion+Junkrat+Reaper on our team............

Aren't you in one of the higher skill brackets?

Surprised people still do crazy ass things like that. If I remember correctly you play on ps4 tho, so I understand...I've seen some things man.

Aren't you in one of the higher skill brackets?

Surprised people still do crazy ass things like that. If I remember correctly you play on ps4 tho, so I understand...I've seen some things man.

Yeah, was in the 3600 range, now I'm back in the 3450's because of stupid shit and trolls. Feels like less of my losses are from actually losing to better teams, but because of just straight idiocy making everyone else work harder

aeolist

Banned
Welp, we've have officially become MoonMoon's chat. Congrats everyone!

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the outcome tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck isn't Sombra out? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Sombra to be released and fix this broken game. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought her countdown was done???? This is so fucked.
Oh you

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
After 300 hours I think I might be done with overwatch for a long while

The game just gets me more angry than it gives me enjoyment anymore. I feel like every competitive game ends with me stuck in a team that has at least 1 dude that gives up, every time I want to play a hero I have to pick a tank or a healer instead because we don't have any of them.

Whenever I try playing quickplay I get randomed into a game which is either a total stomp or a total disaster there is never any middile ground and it is usually not in my favor.

The game has actually just stopped being fun.

After 300 hours I think I might be done with overwatch for a long while

The game just gets me more angry than it gives me enjoyment anymore. I feel like every competitive game ends with me stuck in a team that has at least 1 dude that gives up, every time I want to play a hero I have to pick a tank or a healer instead because we don't have any of them.

Whenever I try playing quickplay I get randomed into a game which is either a total stomp or a total disaster there is never any middile ground and it is usually not in my favor.

The game has actually just stopped being fun.
Have you been playing since launch? I took the month of September off and came back last week and am having fun again. I'm already getting fed up with quitters in competitive but a few games of quick play get me ready again. Take some time off and come back. It helped me.

Sorry quick play has been shit for you. I use it as a stress relief and don't take it serious at all. I would like competitive to be more serious but the damn quitters are still a problem. I'm stuck in the 2200 range because too many quit and the losses keep me from moving up.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Have you been playing since launch? I took the month of September off and came back last week and am having fun again. I'm already getting fed up with quitters in competitive but a few games of quick play get me ready again. Take some time off and come back. It helped me.

Sorry quick play has been shit for you. I use it as a stress relief and don't take it serious at all. I would like competitive to be more serious but the damn quitters are still a problem. I'm stuck in the 2200 range because too many quit and the losses keep me from moving up.

Yeah I've been playing since launch and I'm also trapped at 2200 hell. I've heard that the quitter problem goes away when you break 2500 but good lord it's painful. So I think you're right, just taking some time away and letting the game become refreshing again might be for the best.

I actually don't know when it happened but at some point QP actually just became awful, I went from having a 55% winrate in it to a near 40% even win rate. I think it happened around ana's release but I'm not sure lol.

It's just frustrating to know that when you're picking the character you want to play for fun you're actively not contributing to the team because you're down a healer and no one else is switching ;(

Tovarisc

Yeah I've been playing since launch and I'm also trapped at 2200 hell. I've heard that the quitter problem goes away when you break 2500 but good lord it's painful. So I think you're right, just taking some time away and letting the game become refreshing again might be for the best.

I actually don't know when it happened but at some point QP actually just became awful, I went from having a 55% winrate in it to a near 40% even win rate. I think it happened around ana's release but I'm not sure lol.

It's just frustrating to know that when you're picking the character you want to play for fun you're actively not contributing to the team because you're down a healer and no one else is switching ;(

I climbed from 2300-ish to 2700-ish in few days, quitters didn't go anywhere. Just yesterday had one guy quit the game because his team wouldn't pick what he angrily told them to pick.

Squire

Banned

This has been my experience, too. Took September off, came back with the Halloween event, and I'm having a blast. I'm playing better and more confidently than I was before, too.

maomaoIYP

I want to make an alt, place in bronze , and try to get to diamond.
Sounds like fun, but it will take some time to get to level 25 though.
I leveled an alt to 25 after season 1 ended. Somehow I enjoy placement matches more than actual competitive games where everyone is placed. My alt placed much higher than my main account in s2, *sigh*

Astral

Mei is so awesome to partner up with. I just won a match because I blocked all of a Bastion's ult with D.Va while Mei stood behind me and drove him away from the point long enough for the timer to run out.

ramyeon

4 people left on the opposing comp team within the first KOTH round

Like it was a stomping but come on
If you get one or two people leave there's not much incentive for the rest of the team to stick around - I mean, the game pretty much wants you to leave as soon as the teams are unbalanced.

If you get one or two people leave there's not much incentive for the rest of the team to stick around - I mean, the game pretty much wants you to leave as soon as the teams are unbalanced.

I always stay because I think the SR hit won't be so bad. Is this a thing, or is it best to jus dip?

You still get the negative SR rating if you quit though, 1 person leaving in the 1st round fucks that all up because there's still a chance for a comeback. I guess I can't put too much blame on the people that left after but I have almost won in 5v6 games.

Tl;Dr don't leave comp games unless it's an emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom