• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMoth

Abilities sound really cool. Do wish she had been a support hero though, the game needs more of those.

So did I understand this right; Oasis is a full scale map and the cryo-lab is gonna be for arcade mode?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
new heroes are going to keep being way more wildly game changing compared to the old heroes

this is going to be an issue.

Sombra's ultimate seems like the perfect way to break a cheese-fest static defense in solo queue (depending upon the radius of course).

I wonder if it knocks Bastion out of turret form?

NeoRaider

sombragcu20.png

xaosslug

ha, knew Sombra would be Offense. She sounds... super-annoying. >_> She seems like a hard counter for the Rein, Zarya, Lucio meta...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Keep in mind hack has what looks like a charge time. Like if Hog just pointed his gun at her, she'd be blown across the map instantly and wouldnt be able to do it.

Hmm, now that we know she's stealth-related, I remember a while back when character lines were extracted from the PTR like "I know someone's there, but I can't see them." Makes me wonder if Sombra's stealth is going to be like Symmetra's teleporter, where using it triggers a call-out on the enemy team from whoever's closest.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Meis, Meis everywhere. Only Winston will be better at flushing out an invisible Sombra, and his barrier is countered a bit Sombra's ultimate.

I mean, her ult will be nullified by sombra's ult, which makes her waaaay worse (Mei). So it's basically going to be a similar cat/mouse as Genji Ult and Zen Ult, waiting for the Sombra Ult to be popped, before anything else is. Also, because most of her abilities don't deal damage/heal, looks like she'll have a long Ult charge time as well.

RIP Eichenwalde choke.

Thank goodness. For all the talk about how an organized team can wreck a cheese-fest static defense, lower level PUGs still die to that shit all the time.

I'm tryna' think, who/what's actually a good counter to Sombra?

My instincts say that she won't actually be that effective at killing. She's classified Offense because of how damn good she'll be at busting static defenses.

Jellie

wait, does it get rid of shields as in blue hp bar shields in addition to shields like reinhardts?

I'm assuming so since it says barriers/shields which sound barrier is shields.
Protective waves radiate out from Lúcio’s Sonic Amplifier, briefly providing him and nearby allies with personal shields.
Also do any other heroes have three abilities?

AngryMoth

Like the sound of their plays for the overwatch league but doesn't that completely fuck with current status quo? I mean, there are lots of big name teams out there with sponsorships and stuff, how are they gonna transition into the city based model?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zen would probably kick the shit out of her also. You could put a discord orb on her before she hacks you and you can nail her in the head when she's trying to teleport away. Depends also on the duration on cloak and if there's any flicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom