• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I thought about that dominator pack but at the time it wasn't released when I bought my controller. I convinced myself to spend some $$$ on the controller, I don't use it for every game (it sucks for rocket league because i went with the "smart triggers").

I got some bad news for you :(, I just spec'd out a controller with similar cosmetics/features and it's pretty pricey (looks like they have upped the prices!). ~$190 not sure about shipping, although you can hop on youtube and find a 5% code off some random sponsored video... They do seem to have a much wider assortment of colors now.. and they added a smart bumper (crazy expensive) which I don't think is really worth it.

Features I have: White re-mappable paddles, smart trigger (I love this feature, it basically turns the trigger into a mouse click), & the custom touchpad logo.

https://us.aimcontrollers.com/gb/lab/195-build-your-own-ps4-slim-v2.html

RIP :(

I basically only wanted paddles to play Genji in a more confortable way, I don't really like the soulder buttons (R1/L1) on the PS4 controller but I don't have other option than R1 for the alt fire. I was thinking of jumping with the paddles and put the alt fire on L2, but it's way too expensive just for that lol

Never heard of the smart trigger, that's a really good feature to have.

Thank you for this.

snack

I like the new anti draw system, stops matches dragging on for ages, like look how quick and easy this win was, and look at my teams comp, I asked if anyone wanted to flank with me during readying and the Dva followed.

https://youtu.be/UEWaVUOa3H0
How'd it get to Overtime with your team on Offense? Did you guys cap both points with time left on the clock, whereas the other team capped both points with no time remaining?

Regardless, this new system needs to be changed. It's really idiotic how this left PTR onto the public release version.

I didn't realize they will add more control options to console. Happy. Hope it can make it easier to hit Tracer and Genji. I feel like crosshair is just too slow for them.

komaruR

Yes that kid! I have him on my FL, he asks me every once and awhile when he see's me on if he can play with us, I'll shoot him a message if we can't fill up the PS4 group! Better than a random

Sorry Komaru you had to be there :(, just know that it started off with batman saying "I might have had a couple of drinks, we'll see how this goes"

Yes, I don't know if you noticed, but I'm a very jumpy player. A big reason is the paddles!
boo.
the paddle looks frankenstein.
So jealous, really want something like that :p

Saw this on amazon but a lot of people says the usb port breaks easily. Also not a fan of having a wired controller.

Scufs are too expensive and I also don't like the paddles positioning.

Is there a site or something that did those on your controller? Or a local store where you live?
Just use jump on L2!
RIP :(

I basically only wanted paddles to play Genji in a more confortable way, I don't really like the soulder buttons (R1/L1) on the PS4 controller but I don't have other option than R1 for the alt fire. I was thinking of jumping with the paddles and put the alt fire on L2, but it's way too expensive just for that lol

Never heard of the smart trigger, that's a really good feature to have.

Thank you for this.

if really desperate for paddle like function, get
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162103874033?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Laser-Cut...631746?hash=item43df727f82:g:zhgAAOSwT6pVnp7H
and mod one yourself lol :p

Because you're winning the game without having any team fights which absolutely defeats the point of this game lol.

We had team fights when we defended and the result of our defense earned us a quick and easy win on attack.

Not like that was the entire match.

How'd it get to Overtime with your team on Offense? Did you guys cap both points with time left on the clock, whereas the other team capped both points with no time remaining?

Regardless, this new system needs to be changed. It's really idiotic how this left PTR onto the public release version.

We defended first round and they barely got to cap the CP, so on our turn to attack it didn't take much capping to beat them.

Was no overtime and was our first time attacking, after first time defending.

I see no problem with the system, we capped more than them, we win. The privious system of full caps only mattering sucked.

Skii

We had team fights when we defended and the result of our defense earned us a quick and easy win on attack.

Not like that was the entire match.

But team fights are dependent on composition and if your comp is too strong for the enemies first push, you will have ult advantage even if they switch and have a good chance of defending the next couple of pushes depending on if you have a Symmetra/Mercy.

But when you attack, you know you just have to go full dive and not even worry about any team fights. How is that fair for the defending team? You were afforded the opportunity of a proper defence at the chokepoint without instantly losing if someone just steps on the point but they werent...

LOL @ Buttchin... I was trying to be discrete dude! That poor random kid on our team, his soul was forever tainted that night.

Komaru: The paddles on my controller are actually very comfortable, my friend had given me a scuf prior to me buying that controller and easily: aimcontrollers paddles > scuf paddles.

LOL @ Buttchin... I was trying to be discrete dude! That poor random kid on our team, his soul was forever tainted that night.

Komaru: The paddles on my controller are actually very comfortable, my friend had given me a scuf prior to me buying that controller and easily: aimcontrollers paddles > scuf paddles.

Wait was that kid actually uncomfortable? I don't really remember that. I remember my friend walking in and me asking a bunch of questions that I should have turned the mic off for, but I thought it was all in good fun that I forgot. Did I actually traumatize him?? And how young was he? Didn't seem THAT young! Now I feel bad!

But team fights are dependent on composition and if your comp is too strong for the enemies first push, you will have ult advantage even if they switch and have a good chance of defending the next couple of pushes depending on if you have a Symmetra/Mercy.

But when you attack, you know you just have to go full dive and not even worry about any team fights. How is that fair for the defending team? You were afforded the opportunity of a proper defence at the chokepoint without instantly losing if someone just steps on the point but they werent...

It fair because they had their chance to attack already, we did better. With every percentage mattering first attackers should try quiet flanking/diving a bit more and getting a better percentage, I do when attacking first and it has helped prevent what happened in my video happening to my team. And if you don't cap much percentage you need damn well defend it unlike the team in my video.

tumblr_oobo3oT6371rq3n31o1_1280.jpg
Amazing (source may be nsfw it's tumblr http://aerisol.tumblr.com/post/159508689339/wow-i-had-no-idea-britneyspears-took-part-in-the)

Jellie

It fair because they had their chance to attack already, we did better. With every percentage mattering first attackers should try quiet flanking/diving a bit more and getting a better percentage, I do when attacking first and it has helped prevent what happened in my video happening to my team. And if you don't cap much percentage you need damn well defend it unlike the team in my video.

If first attackers try flanking first to the detriment of their first push it gives the enemy the advantage for further pushes. You might get 1-5% but then you might have won it focused on winning the team fights. If you go second, you don't have to worry about it. You know if you have to do a proper push or just touch the point for the win.

Wait was that kid actually uncomfortable? I don't really remember that. I remember my friend walking in and me asking a bunch of questions that I should have turned the mic off for, but I thought it was all in good fun that I forgot. Did I actually traumatize him?? And how young was he? Didn't seem THAT young! Now I feel bad!

Naw you're probably fine.

If he's playing online shooters he should be used to this stuff. Much worse things than talking about weed and girls casually.

Last time I checked, online interactions are not rated by the ESRB. He is probably no older than 14-15 (sounded like he *might* be in HS)

Haha, I'm just joking dude, he was a little uncomfortable when you guys were talking about girls though. You could just hear "uhhhhh, uhhhh" in the background, it was a very funny convo though, he would of left if he really felt out of place. He asked the other day if he could play with us (we weren't on though), so I don't think he was traumatized :p

Just use jump on L2!

I use it for Genji and Lucio (don't think I'm forgetting anyone). Which is a shame since L2 is my favorite button to fire, I even prefer it to R2.

My brain just melted lol

Thx :)

If first attackers try flanking first to the detriment of their first push it gives the enemy the advantage for further pushes. You might get 1-5% but then you might have won it focused on winning the team fights. If you go second, you don't have to worry about it. You know if you have to do a proper push or just touch the point for the win.

If you don't make a good attack you need rethink defense, I've defended sucessfully in such a situation with a Tracer or Sombra trying get the few percent.

The alternate is to just dive like mad on attack, get enough percentage that the other team pretty much have to get a 'normal' big push to beat it, which not always easy.

lol jesus christ

Jellie

If you don't make a good attack you need rethink defense, I've defended sucessfully in such a situation with a Tracer or Sombra trying get the few percent.

The alternate is to just dive like mad on attack, get enough percentage that the other team pretty much have to get a 'normal' big push to beat it, which not always easy.

If you don't make a good attack you have to defend on the point which is a disadvantage. Before you had a chance of getting a draw. Now you are just going to lose because you either defend at the point and lose cos defending on the point is terrible or you don't and a flanker touches the point and you lose. Before you actually had a chance and it wasn't determined by who goes second.

I think 2cp should be decided by ticks, at least it would be an improvement compared to how it was before. It feels like they went from one extreme to the other.

The teams should have time to react if someone gets on point and not being forced to have someone there at all times just to avoid it being capped.

I haven't played that much games with the new rules though, so my opinion might change.

ohkay

I think 2cp should be decided by ticks, at least it would be an improvement compared to how it was before. It feels like they went from one extreme to the other.

The teams should have time to react if someone gets on point and not being forced to have someone there at all times just to avoid it being capped.

I haven't played that much games with the new rules though, so my opinion might change.
This is what people were asking for before, idk why they didn't just do this. By making it ticks, it gives the other team an actual chance to defend without forfeiting position or anything because of a back capper

i think blizz broke potg during comp. lol.
one game i played a reaper ulted and killed 3 but it showed a one simple kill. not a shutdown of the other team.

you guys are so bad. draws should be virtually impossible. this is the one single good decision blizzard has ever made with this entire game and you guys are complaining

Anne

PC IN-HOUSE POST INCOMING

When: This Sunday 5PMEST/10PMGMT+1

How to join:[/U] I would prefer if people join our discord server: https://discord.gg/4GxWwyD. We have a channel in there where you can post your bnet tag. We also have channels for everybody to talk and split up team comms when that time comes. Failing that, you can always add me (Annebot#1616) looking to get an invite. If I delete you afterwards no hard feelings, just Blizzard can't code and having a large friendlist kills frames.

We're going to /attempt/ to do this with both EU and NA players on an NA East server so it will be as close to the middle as we can make it for everybody. IF this ends up being unplayable we may need to figure something else out in the future, but we wanna try to let everybody play no matter where we are from. Worst case scenario is we have nights with diff regions hosting sometimes.

What we'll actually be doing: We're just gonna split everybody into teams and play a few maps out with comp rules on for a bit. We'll try our best to balance teams with the general skill levels of who we know is playing, roles, and how things go as we play. The idea is to come in and have some fun games, get to know the other posters, and just try to have a good time. After the main rounds of matches have been done, I have no problem letting everybody turn the server into silly custom games to just hang out in. We may try some goofy ass ways to make comp teams too, who knows.

There's a pretty likely chance we will have more than 12 people. We can put people in spectator slots if they wanna hang out. We will be nice and take turns to rotate in and out of playing with the spectators as we go. If for some reason we get a ton of people don't feel bad if you don't get into the lobby. Maybe space will open up or you can catch us at the next one.

Expect this to last a couple hours ish for the main games. After we've had our fill I'll turn the server over to whoever wants to keep playing and doing custom nonsense.

Remember, this is to have fun. It's okay to try and make cool plays and show off, and I encourage good natured ribbing between players that know each other. Don't get too salty though or start calling people out hardcore. This is for the community to come together and have some fun and meet other people to play with. Let's try and have some nice things. Myself and caeser (the other mod in the discord) reserve the right to kick anybody we feel is out of line.

This open for all skill levels bronze-top 500. Again, we'll try to balance it out and help people go along with the games. If you really feel like you're not quite ready to play for whatever reason, feel free to hang out in the comms and spectate.

I have no qualms if somebody wants to stream from their POV. I probably won't be streaming it myself but who knows.

This is happening again on Sunday.

Anne

you guys are so bad. draws should be virtually impossible. this is the one single good decision blizzard has ever made with this entire game and you guys are complaining

Old option was bad. new option is also bad and a bit less fair in a couple ways. The mode has sucked from inception and it still sucks now lol

Alavard

Anyone else ever encountered a bug where every instance of the letter 'n' is censored across all chat channels?

Edit - apparently it's happening to everyone in my match. Very odd.

Yukinari

Its really shitty that the AI in Uprising does whatever the fuck it wants and spawns in asinine locations which can completely ruin your runs.

Its like if you played MvM and the giant robots spawned either behind you or infront of you. Tank Bastions should NOT be spawning behind you for no reason. Even with the tracer glitch i cant win.

Top Bottom