• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Moff

reinstalled this for uprising, had a blast, realized again how incredibly well and smooth this game plays, looks and runs, and then almost at the end I got kicked for being incative??? I was mercy and was moving literally all the time, not a second of not moving. now I feel like uninstalling again.

C22E5EBBC4A82C01283753992E3DA7FC77E5FBB6

yay

Manoko

4 losses in a row in competitive while I'm doing my fucking job (gold dmg/elim with either POTG and/or cards at the end) because some assholes decided to believe they were gods at Genji/Widow/Hanzo.

I'm done with solo queue, I'm done with competitive, I'm done with Overwatch as a whole.
Should have uninstalled a long time ago, back to Starcraft 2 and Smash Bros Melee, feels good to be the only one responsible for wins/losses.

I'm pretty sure NRG is cursed and we will never see them at full strength again.

Also if the rumors are true that NRG was invited to Apex and accepted than the Apex producers have to be pissssssed.

Mendo is really fucking good though and they will probably be fine if they can gel at all.

3-day weekend. Had my custom controller modified past couple of days (the "custom" analog sticks are worn out...). I do miss the contrast in color, but I didn't buy it for the looks, just for the functionality! I'm ready for some OW this weekend.

Before (when I first bought it)

After (modified with xbox elite magnetic thumbsticks)

Sounds like a regular night of Overwatch. Just play with the GAF group (you're on PS4 right?)!

That looks really cool! Are those paddles that I see in the pic?

I've had zero fun playing the last couple days.

I don't really care about rank, but I feel like I am much worse at the game than I was two seasons ago, even though it's a video game it sucks to get worse at something that you put hundreds of hours into.

I think I just need finals to end.

Yeah you just need to focus on what's important now.

And by that I mean Overwatch.

I can't tell if you can't remember or if you're contemplating 😬

It's the night where we picked up the random tracer player (we had a 5 gaf stack), who was extremely uncomfortable when you and your friend were talking about girls.

I remember. It was a kid who was blasted away at getting Legendary votes on the card screen. He's in one of the videos I put on youtube.

komaruR

It's the night where we picked up the random tracer player (we had a 5 gaf stack), who was extremely uncomfortable when you and your friend were talking about girls.

I would like to know more about that night! SIR!

Dekutulla

Got the Torb highlight in arcade bonus box after my last post. Guess it really is telling me to play Torb, lol.

Got Uprising Orisa the box after, though, so with her and the Uprising Bastion I got in the promo box, I've got basically everything I really want from this event.

I remember. It was a kid who was blasted away at getting Legendary votes on the card screen. He's in one of the videos I put on youtube.

Yes that kid! I have him on my FL, he asks me every once and awhile when he see's me on if he can play with us, I'll shoot him a message if we can't fill up the PS4 group! Better than a random

I would like to know more about that night! SIR!

Sorry Komaru you had to be there :(, just know that it started off with batman saying "I might have had a couple of drinks, we'll see how this goes"

That looks really cool! Are those paddles that I see in the pic?

Yes, I don't know if you noticed, but I'm a very jumpy player. A big reason is the paddles!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why are people so herp derp on Hero choices in Legendary Uprising mode

I think Bastion/Torb/Mercy/Rein is a winning combination
Nope people are like Yolo, I've got this as Reaper/Hanzo/Junkrat and die within the first 4 robots leading out of tunnel

Spamming I need healing while venturing out safe zone are and dieing to like 6 robots thinking we can revive them easily

So fucking annoying!

Yes, I don't know if you noticed, but I'm a very jumpy player. A big reason is the paddles!

So jealous, really want something like that :p

Saw this on amazon but a lot of people says the usb port breaks easily. Also not a fan of having a wired controller.

Scufs are too expensive and I also don't like the paddles positioning.

Is there a site or something that did those on your controller? Or a local store where you live?

Yukinari

If anyone has beaten the regular uprising mode on legendary show me the technique cause i have pretty much figured out its pure luck.

The very end constantly spawns bastion tanks and eradicators.

antitrop

If anyone has beaten the regular uprising mode on legendary show me the technique cause i have pretty much figured out its pure luck.

I beat it, but I was with a 4600SR player (who was on Tracer), so I guess my advice is just to get lucky with matchmaking. =/

It definitely took us a little luck. At one point right near the end, we only had our Tracer up, who was able to revive me (as Mercy), and I was able to instantly get a 2x Rez and we finished the map. It was too close for comfort.

GraveRobberX

I'm trying to beat it myself, but assholes keep picking fucking Hanzo

We need Extra damage, have to think of it like RTS

Like Rein or Orissa for Shield
Either choice of Torb/Soldier/Symm as Hybrid DPS/Healer (Symm shield can be very helpful, turrets too!)
Healer can be Mercy or Zen
Need Bastion, that motherfucker tears shit up

All I see if people running out dying, not grouping up at objective, communicating, it's like I've seen this somewhere before!

Yukinari

I'm trying to beat it myself, but assholes keep picking fucking Hanzo

We need Extra damage, have to think of it like RTS

Like Rein or Orissa for Shield
Either choice of Torb/Soldier/Symm as Hybrid DPS/Healer (Symm shield can be very helpful, turrets too!)
Healer can be Mercy or Zen
Need Bastion, that motherfucker tears shit up

All I see if people running out dying, not grouping up at objective, communicating, it's like I've seen this somewhere before!

Not talking about All Heroes Legendary

Regular Uprising Legendary which is FAR harder and more bullshit.

GraveRobberX

Hanzo is really good for All-Hero Uprising, but I guess not if you're playing on console.

Well you know, I'm on console, our Hanzo mains aren't Seagull caliber Hanzos

Seriously running out and sniping into a wave of Omnicis and dying isn't helpful

Also the whole damn setup is staged to a tee
If you beat it on Easy, all 3 other difficulties play out the same way, it's just they hit harder!

I've played it, I can call out where the waves are coming from

First 2 robots at subway tunnel, backs to you
Then 1 under the top platform leaving the tunnel, 1 sneaks out from behind the barrier
Make the turn to 1st objective 2 more omnics

The door that you enter bring 4 waves 4 omnics, while small door by cab brings 2 omnics per wave

Then you go to next part
Meet new Shield dude, Bastion destroys Shield so quickly
Then a few omnics around objective
Most drop down the center area where the double decker bus is in Kings Row
Then to the right side stairs
Then when Ana talks they spawn behind and left

Then you move on

Within 3 matches I know where almost every enemy is coming from!

So jealous, really want something like that :p

Saw this on amazon but a lot of people says the usb port breaks easily. Also not a fan of having a wired controller.

Scufs are too expensive and I also don't like the paddles positioning.

Is there a site or something that did those on your controller? Or a local store where you live?

I thought about that dominator pack but at the time it wasn't released when I bought my controller. I convinced myself to spend some $$$ on the controller, I don't use it for every game (it sucks for rocket league because i went with the "smart triggers").

I got some bad news for you :(, I just spec'd out a controller with similar cosmetics/features and it's pretty pricey (looks like they have upped the prices!). ~$190 not sure about shipping, although you can hop on youtube and find a 5% code off some random sponsored video... They do seem to have a much wider assortment of colors now.. and they added a smart bumper (crazy expensive) which I don't think is really worth it.

Features I have: White re-mappable paddles, smart trigger (I love this feature, it basically turns the trigger into a mouse click), & the custom touchpad logo.

https://us.aimcontrollers.com/gb/lab/195-build-your-own-ps4-slim-v2.html

I absolutely remember. It was indeed contemplation.

Tomorrow is Friday so I may need to try that method again. And try to embarrass myself a bit less "Oh shit the mic is on!"

Top Bottom