• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Cappa

Banned
Good news, I finished P5. I'll be back.
I said I was going to catch up on my back log this weekend since I have no Internet at my grandparents... Was to lazy to bring my ps4 so I haven't played ish and will probably just end up playing ow non stop again

maomaoIYP

I made a smurf to only play Ana this season.
Placement matches were 4-6 and I got placed 19xx. Since that was obviously a bust I just played whatever I wanted. In reality I played mostly Zen because a second healer is always better than a solo healer.
Just got back up to 3011, all solo queue, weekend games only, no mic. W-L 29-12. 70.73% win rate. I guess what they say it's true, ELO hell doesn't really exist. Just play your best, don't get tilted, and group up as much as you can.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/NozomiSasaki?mode=competitive
C9guu_0VYAAutr6.jpg:large

Nice hold dude! Lucio is great for payload shenanigans.

Did you upload this or was it streamed? Quality seems off.

Thanks!

As for the quality, it was pulled via USB and then split with a program to get the few seconds I needed (no reencoding). I think its an issue with Youtube's encoding/bitrate for 720p content? With other videos Ive uploaded and rendered in 1080p seem to fare a bit better, but not great.

A friend of mine got placed below 500. Shit's... pretty real down there.

It's a long, arduous slog out of Wood, let alone Bronze My 8 yr old Junkrat/ Torb main son placed 900-ish, and the games I watch him play are nightmares of team comp and situational awareness. Torb is OP way down there and my son moved into Bronze proper almost immediately.

Now if I can just convince him that imitating Muselk and singing the Torbjorn song (adapted for little kids) while using his sitting emote all match isn't the proper way to play Overwatch. His "Sexy Junkrat in a bush" stall techniques are on point as well, though, so I can't really hate on Muselk too much.

i'm down 700sr since placement. feelsbadman.

I went up 500 from placements to a little higher than 3900, stayed at that rank for like two weeks, and then unceremoniously sank down to 3600 in the worst loss streak of my entire life.

The whole thing actually helped me out. I realized ranks are really fluid and there isn't much of a difference between most games at 3500 and 4000, honestly. I tilt a lot less now and have way more fun playing the game.

I Pharah'ed a bit better this morning, I feel, but the teams I were on were shot down pretty easilly.

I'm still soaring above 2000's and hopefylly more practice and a nice group of Gaffers could rocket my skills and score up.

"Group up with me" says our Rein who, as soon as we all group up with him, charges into No Man's Land and gets taken out.

Not just once. Or twice. Or thrice. Over and over and over.

Zen Aku

Played on Gibraltar tonight. Started defense and had a widow who did the grapple up into the sky to get a cool trick shot. Immediately get sniped out of the air by the opposing widow. The entire team went "OHHHHHHHH SHIT"

It was like poetry in motion, no one on either team was even engaging yet. She just grapple up and then drop like a bag of potatoes.

Came back, got sniped 3 more times and switched to Genji. Haven't gotten a single kill. Then for the next 3 short minutes while they're just steamrolling us. He either get headshot by the widow or pump full of lead by the McCree. To the point where the only person who manages to kill the terrorizing widow was our Tracer and me as Lucio. Got two bursts right into her head *dink x4*

At the end of defense, Genji got exactly 1 kill, and that was when he ulted, kill Ana and got put down immediately by McCree.

Asked him multiple times to go soldier or even Winston. But noooooooo, too tilted from that first death.

darklin0

Banned
A friend of mine got placed below 500. Shit's... pretty real down there.

I have two friends who placed similarly. It is their first PC FPS so they had tons to learn.

One hit gold and and the other is mid-silver. With some hard work you can dig yourself out but man the stories they have told. That elo is a dark place.

This is also their first comp season.

LAM09

I beat Legendary with randoms in All Heroes yesterday. It was pretty easy with Orisa, Rein, Bastion, and Mercy. We didn't have much time left, but I think you're gonna be barely beating it no matter how well you do, they really don't give you shit for time.

Ok. I've only tried the default one so far, but it's a chore at times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been working on my Sombra gameplay just to have a more aim sensitive character in m roster that I enjoy and its so hard to tell if I'm doing well with her. Even with Winston's low damage, I can get an easy idea of how I'm doing and getting high damage and picks while coming in and out of fights constantly.

With Sombra I pretty much jut get picks and health packs.

Well shit!

Give us an extra week of this event now, Blizzard!

Make it permanent, and let boxes we get from the event have a chance at the event legendaries.

On that note, is anyone else worried that they won't re-release old skin rewards seasonally? As someone who started playing recently, I worry that Halloween costumes from last year will be locked out forever.

Top Bottom