• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

JHall

9Vb8jNM.jpg

Top 500 Zarya and top 700 Ana for this season in comp. FeelsGoodMan.

I've been playing Mystery Heroes for an hour and a half and haven't won a single game lmao
What's your SR at?

9Vb8jNM.jpg

Top 500 Zarya and top 700 Ana for this season in comp. FeelsGoodMan.

What's your SR at?

That feeling when you were in the Top 200 Ana players but you've been in Korea so long you decayed to 3000SR. When I come back I think I'll just pick up a new character honestly.

First foray into PC was good. Aiming is so much more precise. New mouse comes tomorrow so I'll have to do all of the dpi settings and everything then to fine tune it.

Uggggghhhh. That Hollywood defense we should have won. It actually made the Rez sound on my end before I died. Annoying.

Otherwise the matches have been super fun tonight.

I feel like, at my shitty level of play and the shitty people I get teamed up with/against, I need a better way to counter Pharah. I have an incredibly hard time aiming against her as Soldier and McCree when she's being floaty in the air, I can at times take her out as Widow but I'm not a good enough Widow to justify picking her, and if I'm on a team where everyone has this issue (which happens moderately often due to being matched with people on my level: the shitty level) then Pharah completely curbstomps and there is nothing anyone can do besides play Soldier/McCree and solo ult.

I think maybe I'm just getting old and my aiming is going to get worse from here on out.

I feel like, at my shitty level of play and the shitty people I get teamed up with/against, I need a better way to counter Pharah. I have an incredibly hard time aiming against her as Soldier and McCree when she's being floaty in the air, I can at times take her out as Widow but I'm not a good enough Widow to justify picking her, and if I'm on a team where everyone has this issue (which happens moderately often due to being matched with people on my level: the shitty level) then Pharah completely curbstomps and there is nothing anyone can do besides play Soldier/McCree and solo ult.

I think maybe I'm just getting old and my aiming is going to get worse from here on out.
I'm young and have decent aim and I fucking hate having the Soldier when the other team has a Pharah, especially if they have a Mercy. I can hit but not kill her. And it sucks when you know it's your job. I am on console though, not sure if you're on PC.

She just needs a nerf on console honestly. Or Mercy needs a nerf when she's in the air.

HMD

If you're on console apparently Overwatch just has shit aiming, and I hear PC is kinda the same but to a lesser extent.

Jblanks

I still have highlights from like 1.5 weeks ago, and I me and Reaper got a 6 man Zarya + Reaper kill today... feelsbad.

I paired up with this duo who were smurfs, one game they almost threw because we lost a round (ended up winning 3-1), another game they threw because one of our players went Hanzo.. and just played against them and I went try hard Zarya and we won on Anubis. Felt good. Guy was chirping because me and our Mercy called them out when they threw, 'you guys can't talk you're only masters'...

Also I had a 74% elimination game as Zarya on Dorado, our Sombra didn't know she has to flank and target the Mercy, and then our Mercy didn't know to hide at a last team fight and we didn't get a rez all game.. He was trying too. I've seen 6 Sombras today, and every time the team with her lost.

Overall went like 8-3 today, feel so much better just not caring as much and tilting like I did last season. I got called out twice today as solo Lucio healer for not picking Mercy; I suck at Mercy, and am pretty good at Lucio/Zen. I said "feel free to switch to Mercy, and I'll tank", "Alright I'm muting you".. lol.

I think the linear ramp settings are better then people think. The sens and the aim smoothing need to be very low however.

I am doing decent against pharah as result.

If you're on console apparently Overwatch just has shit aiming, and I hear PC is kinda the same but to a lesser extent.

I've seen this mentioned a lot, and people usually mention Destiny/COD/Titanfall as games that have really good aiming, but is that really true?

OW doesn't have ADS like those games, so is it really comparable? Is the aim still better in those games when you are not zooming in?

OW is my first multiplayer FPS (not counting KZ2 beta), so I can't really compare to anything. I do struggle with the aim in many occasions though.

That feel when you can pick Winston and instead of hearing "Why the hell would you pick Winston" you have people cheering you on and calling you a "Beyblade"

On a side note, is there anyway to macro "Hello" to one of your buttons? (Specifically L2).

ROFL. Had maximum charge like 5 times in a row. Thanks for the charge suckas!

That game was pretty awesome. Somehow I killed two people with one charge that game but didn't pin either of them. Even came up on the kill feed as mine. Gonna have to go back and look at the tapes to figure out what happened!

JHall

Nice. My Zarya stats are all really close to yours, just haven't played a lot this season.
My Zarya quick rank is @432.

That's all competitive. My elims need to be higher and my average energy needs to be higher as well. I'm sitting at 4205 right now. This week I'm gonna push hard for top 500 on PC.

Nimby

Banned
I decided to take the information about critboxes I posted yesterday, and place it on all of Zen's skins.

Blue = the area you can shoot and get a headshot
Red = the rough size of Zen's actual head

Jblanks

That's all competitive. My elims need to be higher and my average energy needs to be higher as well. I'm sitting at 4205 right now. This week I'm gonna push hard for top 500 on PC.

Yea I know. My Zarya comp stats are all close to yours but I haven't played enough to be ranked really high. My elims are at 34, medals at 3.6, but my average energy is only 29%. I like to put shields on tanks, but lots of time the DVa will just defence matrix, or Genji will reflect or you try to put it on your healer but someone walks in front.. Needs to be higher though.

Also those Zen hit boxes are pretty rough, I wish Genji's head hitbox was that big.

LiK

GG boys. Fun as hell QP tonight. All dem win streaks and stomps including against other stacks. Saved so many games footage lol

How come you guys start going on win streaks when I leave?

Am I the problem? Have I been blind this whole time? Nah I'll just blame my teammates it's gotten me this far.

GG boys. Fun as hell QP tonight. All dem win streaks and stomps including against other stacks. Saved so many games footage lol

Yeah great games tonight. Had a lot of fun, especially brushing up on some characters I was rusty with.

Funniest moment was one match I got pinned by a Rein, but right as I was about to hit the wall a DVa nuke went off and killed him. I'd resigned myself to my fate that I'd actually put my controller down and had no idea how I was still alive for a second.

I also almost had the Floor is Lava trophy tonight on that Lijiang match. Dammit. I'm getting so close. D:

LiK

How come you guys start going on win streaks when I leave?

Am I the problem? Have I been blind this whole time? Nah I'll just blame my teammates it's gotten me this far.

We did well. You left too soon. Your Tracer is scary lol.

I was destroying as DVa and Zarya. Def bringing them into Comp. I was still able to play Dva the same way I played her in Season 2 and it was glorious. Should've never doubted myself after her changes.

Top Bottom