• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Anyone going to be on tonight for PS4? Trying to decide whether I want to spend my evening killing mimics or trying to get above 2500 again in comp. Stupid losing streak.

Cappa

Banned
Just played with a four stack that threw from the start and even though we would have no problems beating the other team they didn't event try

Anyone going to be on tonight for PS4? Trying to decide whether I want to spend my evening killing mimics or trying to get above 2500 again in comp. Stupid losing streak.
I'll probably be on at the normalish time. It'd be nice to get another six stack.

Just played with a four stack that threw from the start and even though we would have no problems beating the other team they didn't event try
Those Euro servers.

SugarDave

I posted in the HOTS thread but didn't get a reply so I thought I'd just throw this out here too. Anyone up for partying up to get the Overwatch rewards over the next week? Either reply in the thread or feel free to PM me if you want.

Cappa

Banned
I'll probably be on at the normalish time. It'd be nice to get another six stack.

Those Euro servers.
Yep absolutely shit just played now with a mercy that never rezzed once on koth. No one else wanted to go healer so when she switched to another dps cuz you know we needed a fourth so I switched off my soldier that was destroying their Pharah.

So of course no one went soldier and we went reaper tracer and Pharah cuz you know we are amazing. I rezzed like 5 times in one round and we almost took a game almost because they thought bastion tracer soldier Pharah hog were great counters to rein zarya Genji Ana mercy and Pharah

Since there's no leaks I guess there's no event tomorrow :(

OW released on may 24th so it does makes sense that it will only start next week, but the event ending date led me to believe that it would start tomorrow. Meh

Neat. Yeah I'd like to do some comp tonight in a six-stack because if there IS an event starting tomorrow there's likely going to be an influx of awfulness at comp.

Reading this, I didn't even think about smurfs messing up SR due to being better at specific characters at lower levels. One more reason to limit smurfing somehow.

A Hanzo main in our group carried the first round of Hanamura, then some other salty teammate picked him.

So he carried the second round with bastion, and won us the match.

"Don't fucking take my Hanzo."

Then he just left, lol.

They just did an event. The anniversary thing might just be a bunch of skins, and the length is just the time that you get anniversary boxes with a guaranteed item. Then at the end they are just in the game at normal, with regular loot box drop rates.

But I dream...

hypernima

Banned
A Hanzo main in our group carried the first round of Hanamura, then some other salty teammate picked him.

Then he just left, lol.

Lol, I hate when I actually get a Hanzo or Widow that wrecks but people are still salty.
I had to steal a soldier from someone today though. They couldn't kill shit.

LiK

Then he just left, lol.

Damn, what a boss. I would add him to my friends list.

I still believe!

The anniversary is next week, so even though events usually last 3 weeks, we should assume it's not starting until next week.

There are too many moving parts in the Great Overwatch Marketing Machine for a (bigger) leak to not have happened if it were coming tomorrow - it's not the Summer Games anymore.

Anne

Game's ranked system is trash and has been for awhile tbh. It's starting to hit critical mass. If no changes happen to next season I probably just won't bother with it much.

They just did an event. The anniversary thing might just be a bunch of skins, and the length is just the time that you get anniversary boxes with a guaranteed item. Then at the end they are just in the game at normal, with regular loot box drop rates.

But I dream...

yeah this is basically my exact prediction

Lemstar

Reading this, I didn't even think about smurfs messing up SR due to being better at specific characters at lower levels. One more reason to limit smurfing somehow.
The MMR system already naturally limits smurfing, though. Ratings are going to trend towards whatever level the account is playing at.

Not all smurfing is done just to bully people of lower rank, by the way.

A perfectly good solution would be to not tie MMR gain/loss to relative personal performance (since, you know, the real metric that matters, as everyone likes to point out, is winning the match), but as usual, Blizzard thinks they have to reinvent the wheel.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
A giant fuck you to the people who only play one hero in competitive, if they get countered that's it, they're 100% dead weight. I was 8 - 0 today until I started to run into one trick pony idiots who refuse to play anything else. Oh you're getting fucked by Pharmacy? Let me go Genji and do nothing. God. I just want to rank up and I will if I stop getting put with such awful players.

PS4 player here, I did my PC placements ya'll.

A 3100-3200 diamond on console =
2466 gold
on PC.
I know the game puts you in a lower elo so you can artificially feel like you ranked up, I'll probably top out at plat.

2466 gold
on PC.
I know the game puts you in a lower elo so you can artificially feel like you ranked up, I'll probably top out at plat.
Do you have prior experience with FPS shooters on PC? I dont and the brief time I spent with PC Overwatch felt horrible. I know in the long run it's way better but when you aren't used to it it's ROUGH.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Curious how common cheating is in this game.

Ran into a case where I got the jump on a Widow, dodge right after she shot, but her scope goes to her right, instant beat on one of my teammates through a wall, then 180 right to me.

This isn't normal.

antitrop

Fragyatta

E1QjCxl.gif

Do you have prior experience with FPS shooters on PC? I dont and the brief time I spent with PC Overwatch felt horrible. I know in the long run it's way better but when you aren't used to it it's ROUGH.

I played quake 3 and quake live for years, but it's the only FPS that I really played that required any kind of aim/reflexes. I had some trouble adjusting at first (months ago), because besides the fast pace speed of the games, they share no similarities in how the games registers hits. The experience from playing PS4 has helped a lot in the adjustment period. I've been steadily improving, so I hope I can make diamond on PC too! I will say this though, DPS on PC is so much more satisfying and easier than PS4 (for me). And Ana is actually usable without having people stand still.

Also, you're young, the adjustment period wouldn't take more than a couple of weeks for you!

hesido

Just want to drop by and say hi between my massive loss streak of 11 over the span of 3 days.

Edit: It ended, this message worked, turned the tides.

I played quake 3 and quake live for years, but it's the only FPS that I really played that required any kind of aim/reflexes. I had some trouble adjusting at first (months ago), because besides the fast pace speed of the games, they share no similarities in how the games registers hits. The experience from playing PS4 has helped a lot in the adjustment period. I've been steadily improving, so I hope I can make diamond on PC too! I will say this though, DPS on PC is so much more satisfying and easier than PS4 (for me). And Ana is actually usable without having people stand still.

Also, you're young, the adjustment period wouldn't take more than a couple of weeks for you!
Couple awful weeks tbh. If I was playing on something that wasn't a Surface Pro then maybe I'd make the commitment. But at the moment I've very happy being a peasant. I love our PS4 Gaf group.

When I have enough disposable income for a nice PC and they let you link accounts for unlocks, then we'll talk.

2466 gold
on PC.

gz.

Should be joining you for some season 5 mayhem. Gotta do the 25 grind.

Game's ranked system is trash and has been for awhile tbh. It's starting to hit critical mass. If no changes happen to next season I probably just won't bother with it much.
-Leavers
-Funky SR system
-Smurfs

All three make the experience frustrating if you're trying to climb. The first and third bother me the most, of course. I don't know how you would limit smurfing, but I feel like leavers have such a simple solution...

Couple awful weeks tbh. If I was playing on something that wasn't a Surface Pro then maybe I'd make the commitment. But at the moment I've very happy being a peasant. I love our PS4 Gaf group.

When I have enough disposable income for a nice PC and they let you link accounts for unlocks, then we'll talk.

You guys should join the discord... lots of PS4 to PC conversion going on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a theory that every Zen POTG ends in a Trans

Like there's an algorithm for a Zen POTG and its 'murder murder murder murder PASSSSS INTO THE IRIS'

Cappa

Banned
You guys giving up on PS4? I'll be the only one playing.
No argument from me about PC being better than ps4 but I have no interest in pc gaming anymore.

I used to have a beast laptop but I still ended up playing more on console just much more comfortable for me to play on a couch with a controller.

Don't think id ever make the switch to pc.

Keasar

I have 51 hours of playtime and I am only rank 87.

Like, just rank 87.

Not a single star.

Is it supposed to be this slow or am I just awful?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's quite a turn around from some of your previous posts a couple months back. I'm curious as to why you feel that way now.

Top Bottom