• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

GGs all, sorry about the sombra game but that widow should switched sooner than me. I was at least trying to go for the healers.

How come you guys start going on win streaks when I leave?

Am I the problem? Have I been blind this whole time? Nah I'll just blame my teammates it's gotten me this far.

Lol you probably skew the QP MMR to higher levels that the team has a hard time adjusting to.

LiK

GGs all, sorry about the sombra game but that widow should switched sooner than me. I was at least trying to go for the healers.

Lol you probably skew the QP MMR to higher levels that the team has a hard time adjusting to.

It wasn't too bad but we did get matched up with stacks who had friggin Gold portraits. Our stacked survived for the most part in team fights but the solo randoms were being destroyed. Nothing we could do about that.

Oscar

Latest update fucked my performance up.

I get these micro stutters that make playing hitscan unreliable, despite my high fps.

Seems to be related to Blizz games only, HOTS seems to have been affected too.

Sande

I've seen this mentioned a lot, and people usually mention Destiny/COD/Titanfall as games that have really good aiming, but is that really true?

OW doesn't have ADS like those games, so is it really comparable? Is the aim still better in those games when you are not zooming in?
This. ADS helps so much on a controller that there's really no point in comparing.

Also, I might be wrong, but Overwatch feels like it has considerably less aim assist than most shooters.

I almost never play quick play but I imagine this is true.

Does competitive affect your QP MMR because 90% of the time when I play quick play it's me messing around with some hero I'm trying to learn. If it is just for quick play my MMR cannot be that high.

LiK

I almost never play quick play but I imagine this is true.

Does competitive affect your QP MMR because 90% of the time when I play quick play it's me messing around with some hero I'm trying to learn. If it is just for quick play my MMR cannot be that high.

We can test it out more later. Usually not a problem with complete solos but if we get matched up against stacks, that's an issue. We had one game where we had 3 stack against a 5 stack and that was rough. We didn't get stomped tho so I don't think the MMR difference was that high. Maybe I didn't notice they were that much better than us.

So tomorrow/today Blizzard probably teases their anniversary event next week, announces GOTY edition, and maybe D.va comes out in HotS alongside the last week of the Nexus Challenge. Fun!

Blues1990

So tomorrow/today Blizzard probably teases their anniversary event next week, announces GOTY edition, and maybe D.va comes out in HotS alongside the last week of the Nexus Challenge. Fun!

That's a pretty big "if".

Still, I am curious to know what this event will focus on, if it's lore-related. We need to go to the moon!

That's a pretty big "if".

Still, I am curious to know what this event will focus on, if it's lore-related. We need to go to the moon!

They've teased every event after Halloween, not sure why they wouldn't do the same here.

Either way, looks like they have some big news this month. I don't think that art book I preordered officially got announced yet either.

I wish I could find the thing I was reading that was talking about stuff datamined from the PTR, something about Lijang Tower.

Edit: Here it is. If you want to speculate, speculate away

I feel like, at my shitty level of play and the shitty people I get teamed up with/against, I need a better way to counter Pharah. I have an incredibly hard time aiming against her as Soldier and McCree when she's being floaty in the air, I can at times take her out as Widow but I'm not a good enough Widow to justify picking her, and if I'm on a team where everyone has this issue (which happens moderately often due to being matched with people on my level: the shitty level) then Pharah completely curbstomps and there is nothing anyone can do besides play Soldier/McCree and solo ult.

I think maybe I'm just getting old and my aiming is going to get worse from here on out.

At shitty SR levels (like mine), Bastion is the way to go against Pharah. Set up on high ground, as hidden as possible, and spray everywhere around her. Dead Pharah. Move to a new location, repeat. If there's a Mercy involved, cook her down first. The key at that level is to get the first few shots in before she starts to turn to target you. As long as you change positions, she'll never be able to get the first shot in.

As long as you keep killing the Pharah, she'll switch off eventually. Then you switch off too- don't go blood simple and try to keep up the Robot Boy kill-fest when the whole opposing team is used to you/ getting ready to counter you.

Some random gave us a really awesome idea for attacking Volskaya point A. That was a fun game. Than after Owzers left we had the worst insta lock DPS duo of all time. We were spawn camped all game.

Jblanks

Seems weird to put an event with one week left or if they did it next week then the end of the season, but it has been one year since release so.

Fucking hell at the teleporter glitch still being a thing.

Yeah, I have been playing an aggressive as hell Winston lately because of it. I have been divebombing Symmetra's nonstop to make sure that if they do try to do that, they atleast can't set it right off the point.

Luckily I havent encountered it in a few days, it seemed like it was worst for me last week (Where I had like 4 or 5+ people doing it in the same night)

Apparently playing Junkrat on defense is throwing!

I didn't know this. My team really wanted me to know this.

Why are people so weird?

Maybe they seen one too many bad Junkrats? I have seen some utterly terrible ones that were just a waste of space, but the good ones could easily hold/cut off a choke point like no other (Like the left path on Offense 1st Point in Anubis).

I see too many that stay Junkrat when the enemy team has a Zarya though (I personally go Zarya to get some sweet charge from him easily)

Started getting back into overwatch and solo queuing is basically trying to tell me to stay away. When you're the Lucio with 5 golds after the first round, elims being 1 and damage being under 1000 there's definitely a problem. And your team has a soldier, pharah, mercy, dva and rein....makes you wonder what people are doing.

I think I need to stop doing solo queue. Sure it's easy to jump in immediately but it's beginning to break my patience.

Weirdest fucking night ever. Somehow ended up going 4-3, +20 and am sitting at a new season high of exactly 3200. So.... successful?

Every single game was bad except the Volskaya, that was the only one that felt like a game of Overwatch. Holding that Dorado against the cheating Symm was super satisfying though.

Thanks to ND for playing an awesome Genji and carrying a weird team and my laggy as fuck Lucio
Euro servers!
for the last game.

OW was terrible today, I have no idea how I'm higher then when I start, I blame everyone that wasn't on to fill the stack, those were some truly awful games for the most part.

I also feel like I'm struggling with the controls lately, and that takes the fun away from me sometimes.

That last game...😂😂

I used all my fucks in that game.

Some random gave us a really awesome idea for attacking Volskaya point A. That was a fun game. Than after Owzers left we had the worst insta lock DPS duo of all time. We were spawn camped all game.

That one was fun, Dorado takes the cake though.

Apparently playing Junkrat on defense is throwing!

I didn't know this. My team really wanted me to know this.

Why are people so weird?

Depends on the map and team comp. If I'm the last to pick and can go 2nd dps having S76 already on team I will probably pick him in a couple of maps.

Torb is my first choice though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Weirdest fucking night ever. Somehow ended up going 4-3, +20 and am sitting at a new season high of exactly 3200. So.... successful?

Every single game was bad except the Volskaya, that was the only one that felt like a game of Overwatch. Holding that King's Row against the cheating Symm was super satisfying though.

Thanks to ND for playing an awesome Genji and carrying a weird team and my laggy as fuck Lucio
Euro servers!
for the last game.

Fuck euro servers.

ND playing Genji in Comp? I don't believe you.

I switched to him when they had Bastion/Widow/Hanzo after I went Pharah. That should tell how good the game was lol

Blues1990

They've teased every event after Halloween, not sure why they wouldn't do the same here.

Either way, looks like they have some big news this month. I don't think that art book I preordered officially got announced yet either.

I wish I could find the thing I was reading that was talking about stuff datamined from the PTR, something about Lijang Tower.

Edit: Here it is. If you want to speculate, speculate away

Speaking of which.

Got my first Orisa POTG by pulling two off the map. Weirdly, there is a bug with Orisa in that it counts each person pulled of the map twice. I got a quadruple kill from only killing two. Still though, was very satisfying.

Also got a Reaper POTG where I started my ult, died almost instantly, but it was enough to damage 5 people who then all died from a grav/pharah combo and we got to see it all from my corpse POV. It was pretty hilarious.

Top Bottom