• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

My GM friend is buying McCree's golden gun when the season is over, I'm trying to convince him instead to buy Symmetra's but to no avail. I've offered lootboxes and money (which can be used for more than lootboxes, but don't let anyone know that) and he's still decided.

He needs to embrace her reality, the reality that she may rule Overwatch one day. He needs to gain her favor early.

Also it'd be funny.

I bought the symettra as my first golden before she was even reworked. Symettra hipster

NeoRaider

I think that i might have a problem.
Few days ago i started playing Paladins and surprisingly i liked it a lot. I don't know how can i balance playing both games, since they are similar (being MP/FPS). I just don't have enough time but i don't want to stop playing Overwatch or Paladins. :/

And Blizzard is not helping me constantly bombarding me with Events and new content.

Oh, what's that? You're currently 2-1 up on Ilios? And you won you're last match you say? Well, we'll see about that!

"A member of your team has left the game"

This seems to be happening more and more often. It's getting beyond a joke.

Blues1990

But then you get what Kaplan is already regretting: people in comp who are just in it for rewards other than the more serious and competetive games themselves.

It's becoming increasingly hard to enjoy competive when the leavers/hecklers/game tossers scoff at the punishments they receive (10 minute bans? Meh. Losing 75% EXP? Bwahahahaha!) and continue on their merry way to ruin things for everyone. Doesn't help that it's becoming more frequent. :/

If I have to go through that, I want to be compensated in some fashion at the end of it.

Greedings

Yay! Got the Genji skin and D.Va skin. Will have to unlock them on Ps4 later.

Heroes of the Storm is a fucking trash game. Those skins are cool though!

Banzai

It's becoming increasingly hard to enjoy competive when the leavers/hecklers/game tossers scoff at the punishments they receive (10 minute bans? Meh. Losing 75% EXP? Bwahahahaha!) and continue on their merry way to ruin things for everyone. Doesn't help that it's becoming more frequent. :/

If I have to go through that, I want to be compensated in some fashion at the end of it.

You want to be compensated for voluntarily choosing to play a game mode? Again, additional rewards will only attract more people whose mindsets are unsuited for comp.

Increase the punishments, not the rewards.

I hate and love the "close match if someone disconnects at the beginning" system. I hate it because I've crashed right as a match loads up before and lost 50SR+ 10 minutes timeout with no way of rejoining. I love it because if someone is AFK/disconnects then I don't have to suffer through a 5v6. At the same time, I've also had the system close out a game after our team immediately capped the first point on Nepal despite all 12 players playing solely because someone on the other team rage quit. The parameters for if it closes out a game or not are really inconsistent.

Spades

Was going to wait for the GOTY edition to drop but Amazon were selling Origins for £22, so I've finally decided to jump into this game for the first time. I have zero knowledge about characters/classes/weapons in this game, so any suggestions for where a first-timer should start would be much appreciated.

Was going to wait for the GOTY edition to drop but Amazon were selling Origins for £22, so I've finally decided to jump into this game for the first time. I have zero knowledge about characters/classes/weapons in this game, so any suggestions for where a first-timer should start would be much appreciated.
Hanzo is a good starting character. Does everything pretty well, and fits with any team.

Once the new event starts later today, start playing Mystery Heroes. Every time you respawn you usually play as a different character. This gives you a chance to at least try most people without committing to them in a real match.

The reason I say wait until after the event starts is that you get lootboxes from arcade games, and if you wait until the event starts you get the event boxes instead of the regular ones.

In the meantime, Soldier 76 is a good offense pick, Mercy is a good support pick.

I think that i might have a problem.
Few days ago i started playing Paladins and surprisingly i liked it a lot. I don't know how can i balance playing both games, since they are similar (being MP/FPS). I just don't have enough time but i don't want to stop playing Overwatch or Paladins. :/

And Blizzard is not helping me constantly bombarding me with Events and new content.

Watching my brother and sister play Paladins makes me interested in trying it, especially considering they plan to ramp things up considerably (2 new heroes each month over the next 3 months I think?), but I can't start playing another game.

Edit: Not sure what the event is this time. But the new smaller maps gives me hope for a horde mode to get added eventually. Maps like Antarctica seem like they would be better for that kind of thing than your regular 2CP maps.

Watching my brother and sister play Paladins makes me interested in trying it, especially considering they plan to ramp things up considerably (2 new heroes each month over the next 3 months I think?), but I can't start playing another game.
Paladins "game feel" is really meh tbh. Like it's fine but it's not very satisfying to play imo.

Spades

Once the new event starts later today, start playing Mystery Heroes. Every time you respawn you usually play as a different character. This gives you a chance to at least try most people without committing to them in a real match.

The reason I say wait until after the event starts is that you get lootboxes from arcade games, and if you wait until the event starts you get the event boxes instead of the regular ones.

In the meantime, Soldier 76 is a good offense pick, Mercy is a good support pick.

Thanks for the advice!

Paladins "game feel" is really meh tbh. Like it's fine but it's not very satisfying to play imo.

Compared to Overwatch that seems like a given. I put way more time into Battleborn than that game deserved though, so I figure I could slum it for awhile if I really wanted to play with my siblings.

Thanks for the advice!

No problem, hope you have a great time with Overwatch! It's been a year for most folks (and longer for those like myself), and negativity is everywhere at this point, but overall there is a lot of good in the Overwatch community.

Back in town, finally.

Soooo... when does the season end?

Is today the event? Do we know what it entails?

Is there finally a sale on the PC version? Will we ever get account unlock crossover between systems? I know the answer to that one.

Back in town, finally.

Soooo... when does the season end?

Is today the event? Do we know what it entails?

Is there finally a sale on the PC version? Will we ever get account unlock crossover between systems? I know the answer to that one.

Crossover, probably never happening (except for event unlocks like HotS skins).

According to the leaked info, the event might start in two hours, bet on the usual time (5 more hours) to be sure. No idea about the gameplay but they've shown some skins, emotes, and voice lines. No real theme yet outside of Overwatch Anniversary.

Season ends on May 29th.

Not sure if there will be a sale on the PC version, but the Origins edition is being replaced with a GOTY edition, same package, but you get 10 lootboxes added.

Spades

No problem, hope you have a great time with Overwatch! It's been a year for most folks (and longer for those like myself), and negativity is everywhere at this point, but overall there is a lot of good in the Overwatch community.

Have wanted to play for a long time but never really got around to it as Destiny took up 90% of my gaming time. With the sale and a Destiny-lul for a while, it felt like the right time to check it out.

One more question; is this a good experience for solo players or am I better off trying to get into a group before starting?

Ramirez

But then you get what Kaplan is already regretting: people in comp who are just in it for rewards other than the more serious and competetive games themselves.

I feel like a better reward system would make people play it even more seriously. That's an odd stance for him to take, IMO.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hanzo is a good starting character. Does everything pretty well, and fits with any team.

Don't trust this man :D

So is everyone prepared for the event? For the first time ever I have currency to spend, enough for 2 skins, usually I don't get anything I want so it'll be a nice surprise.

Man, just realized I've hardly done any competitive this season. Didn't even get to 40 total comp matches. Between Horizon, Persona, and Prey, my OW time was nerfed.

Acidote

Man, just realized I've hardly done any competitive this season. Didn't even get to 40 total comp matches. Between Horizon, Persona, and Prey, my OW time was nerfed.

I have yet to do my placement matches. I'm dreading them and who will I be paired with since I'll solo Q them.

As you've already been told, you should start maining Hanzo. You could also try to main Widowmaker and Genji.

Crossover, probably never happening (except for event unlocks like HotS skins).

According to the leaked info, the event might start in two hours, bet on the usual time (5 more hours) to be sure. No idea about the gameplay but they've shown some skins, emotes, and voice lines. No real theme yet outside of Overwatch Anniversary.

Season ends on May 29th.

Not sure if there will be a sale on the PC version, but the Origins edition is being replaced with a GOTY edition, same package, but you get 10 lootboxes added.

Ends Monday.

It's today. No, they've teased it on twitter.

Sales on PC version aren't rare, there's one right now on Amazon. Yes, but not for all items.

Thanks. I guess I didn't miss too much, but comp this week will probably be hell.

I may hold off for the free weekend to see if they incentivize it a little more. That's not a bad sale at Amazon.

Same, but Zelda. Which I still haven't beat. I keep running around collecting stuff instead of just killing the bosses.

I can't even get on the payload in Nintendo games.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So the event hasnt been leaked yet?
Gotta admit that's pretty impressive.

Backlogger

I haven't played Overwatch in a few weeks and haven't played comp in probably two months. Played one comp game last night and got in the best group. We had two close rounds were we stole the point at 99% and held it to win. Everyone did their part, nobody tried using an off character.

This is how Blizzard sucks you back in isn't it?

Trickster

Lol I've been quitely excited for this event because I knew Zarya would be getting a skin.

Well, I just found the video of the leaked skins.

I am no longer excited

What is that skin? Like seriously why?

Top Bottom