• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I don't mind the decay, but I think it is way too aggressive. One game a day with a 7 day bank is quite a bit to actually go through and means you're playing with your rating up fairly often. I think something more along the lines of 3 a week would be a lot more fair. Basically every higher ranked player agrees with me that I ask about it too. It's not that people want to play less just to hold rank, it's just you have to actually schedule quite a bit of Overwatch time into your life. God forbid you can't play for a couple weeks and that takes you all the way down to 3k.

In general my main reasons why I'm not happy with the queue and comp system are just out there. Glad to be done with this season.

That and they just need to increase the minimum to like 3.5k SR. 3000 seems too low to decay to based on who they're mainly wanting to target.

I tried playing sunday morning on PS4, I ended up in a team of 5 random 12/13 year old kids in solo competitive. I expected the worse, but they were serious, all had mics, they organised quickly and were very polite. Switching characters when someone asked, cheering one another up, no negativity. The Reaper kid lost connection while we were winning, but everyone tried his best at 5VS6 anyway!
I wish that was the standard with randoms!

Sometimes the teens are good.

So, this may seem like an idiotic question, but when the hell did they change the aiming default on consoles?

Had a rough game where I was support but my teammates couldn't kill their Genji or Tracer to save their lives, so I switched to McCree (they already had a Winston). I haven't played McCree in awhile but goddamn it felt like he was a completely different character.

Then I did some research and found out they changed the aiming stuff on consoles (including the new dual zone default).

I thought I was losing my goddamn mind because of my aim, which isn't great, but at least I know that I actually was fighting the game.

Edit: The more research I do, the more I consider just learning mouse and keyboard lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I fell from 3000's to 2100's my poor soul can't handle that again.

Falling from 3000 to 2000 then climbing back up for the rest of the season is my Overwatch solo queue story. Was slightly over 3000, fell to a low of like 2000, now:

S0tC5Qn.png

Decided to do my placement matches tonight just to get the end of season payout of whatever.

First game I get we have a Symmetra on our team who proceeds to put one teleport over a cliff and another teleport at the enemy's first spawn as they were pushing the payload to the last checkpoint. Spends the next match complaining about how toxic we were to the other team and leaves. Then we have people on the other team telling us that we "did it to ourselves".

Like we reported him and all but I don't want to fucking play this game anymore.

So I fixed my controller (trying to match the PC version's lack of aim assist/smoothing because played a ton of the PC version before moving to console) and I found out my controller's right stick is not right. It'll drift upwards. RIP

exYle

Is it strange that we haven't got much on this event and it starts tomorrow? Figured we'd have a features trailer by now.

Technically we've gotten way more information on the event prior to its start than any other event. All the other event trailers came out the day of, so we'll get one tomorrow.

Also, this event has been pretty leak-tight.

Is it strange that we haven't got much on this event and it starts tomorrow? Figured we'd have a features trailer by now.

Usually that stuff doesn't drop until day of outside of leaks.

We actually got a ton of stuff from this event compared to others (dance, maps, costumes teasers)

Technically the console versions are 60fps too...
although you need a Pro for consistent 60fps, I tried it on my OG PS4 last night after playing on my Pro for months and it was screen tear central

I have a PS4 Pro. haha

Are you EU or NA ?

NA

I'm taking this post to the bank and cashing it in as a $1000 check to buy a good PC lol

You should be able to find a PC cheaper than that to run Overwatch. But I get it not everyone can shell out the cash for it.

_Legacy_

Last game today, we faced a team with 3 placements who weren't smurfs on Lijang. They got steamrolled and barely got anywhere near the control point, not that I'm complaining but how did they get faced against us? It wasn't even one of those 5 min queue search odd matchups, we went straight in after completing the game before. Strange

Playing genji with owzers on winston... so good.

Good games overall, it would be cool if we could play later and help Ruler reach master. So close.

Playing genji with owzers on winston... so good.

Good games overall, it would be cool if we could play later and help Ruler reach master. So close.
It's nice to finally be winning team fights, but still a little frustrating when we lack the coordination to capitalise on it. I think the group as a whole has improved nicely recently which is nice to see, 6 stacks are a lot better for my sanity even when less successful than solo.

I can be back on if you guys need fill for a stack, send an invite to me offline and I'll get mobile notification.
sleep is for the weak.

Note to self: don't leave PS4 on Overwatch when you leave to go eat dinner, because you'll get back and feel bad for missing a bunch of invites. Whoops.

Joeku

Anyone who hasn't done the last week of Heroes stuff yet wanna friend up and play the five HotS games for the OW boxes? I'm level 50 in that. (Pretty low)

Top Bottom