• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Shredderi

These arcade modes with lootbox rewards are too stressful because they require you to win. Why can't it be like in HOTS where it is enough if you play? Not doign the locked elimination a second time. Way too much stress.

Bollocks

played for the first time this year, no clue about the controls any more. 1st game and finish with a play of the game lol
that shit was clutch as fuck, I don't know why I stopped playing that game. Ah yes because my friends dropped it....

Hanamura as soldier, bottom floor, down to the last seconds, zarya "group up with me". fuck that shit, you've all been awful, I'm going in solo. Should have died right there but somehow the McGree misses his stun, victim 1. As I reload the soldier runs past me, god knows why he didn't shoot, victim 2. I go up the stairs, everyone is scattered in one place, unload my shotgun and activate my ult. gg

My first ever 1v1, the delicious tears did flow

k4kFWIy.png

Right!?

Mystery heroes can be a tough time if you're new but it lets you try out a bunch of heroes for awhile until you die. A good way to try out a bunch of characters in a real game (outside the training lab) without committing to them or worrying about team composition.

Soldier 76 is the goto beginner character, easy to use, a simple ultimate, can heal himself. Mercy is a pretty good beginning support character. But ultimately I think that like a fighting game, once you click with a character, it becomes a lot more fun (why I always suggest mystery heroes).

Awesome. Thanks for that. :)

I definitely expected to be slaughtered at first. Because last Sunday I was playing Paladins and it went well, like really damn well. Then I noticed all the enemies I was killing had names like enemy 1 and enemy 2. Turns out it was cpu without the game telling me.

Played today against real players, massacre. For me :(

Satch

Banned
It feels kinda small for an anniversary. They could've unlocked all the previous game modes inside the Arcade and give one themed loot box for winning.... or have a game mode with the launch day character stats, just because.

Having Uprising really close to this was a bad idea too, IMO.
Uprising probably should have been our anniversary event, all things considered. It would have given us some breathing room after the Rooster event

I wish dancing emotes werent event timed

Here's what I bet will happen: After the event, the devs will state that they listened to the community and change the emotes into permanent Legendary unlocks (1000 credits). This way anyone who bought them as Epics during the event got them slightly "discounted" at 750 credits, and they stick around as normal unlocks.

Here's what I bet will happen: After the event, the devs will state that they listened to the community and change the emotes into permanent Legendary unlocks (1000 credits). This way anyone who bought them as Epics during the event got them slightly "discounted" at 750 credits, and they stick around as normal unlocks.

No way this happens. They would piss off a ton of people that bought loot boxes.

Gorillaz

It sounds like everyone hates competitive right? So why keep doing it? Are the rewards for competitive that good?
Because people are just competitive in nature. I'm not in it for the gold weapons tho a nice touch. I just think the MMR equation they are using whatever it is, is shit.
I had $6 in my bnet balance so I bought 5 boxes. Got the awful Lucio skin. I want my $5 back.
Remove the free pig spray from your avatar. People who disrespect Lucio best new skin in the game doesnt deserve to rock the free pig.

And this is coming from a tank "main"

How can I be tilted and I'm not even on the game yet

No way this happens. They would piss off a ton of people that bought loot boxes.

I would say the benefits outweigh the positives, since folks buying lootboxes during an event would have a much greater likelihood of seeing the skins during the event (especially when they're Epic instead of Legendary).

If the argument is "I wouldn't have bought those lootboxes if I knew the emotes would no longer be temporary", then yeah I can see how that would make some upset but I think more people would be happy at the fact that the emotes will still be available while simultaneously diversifying the stale normal lootbox Legendary pool.

Apparently the Tracer skin is less competitively viable because her guns take up more space on the screen, but I love it so much I will never switch off of it.

Man, I'm sure this sentiment has been hashed and rehashed over and over again within this thread but, boy oh boy, it would have been nice if the skins and emotes associated with this event were permanent skins. I thought that the developers were planning on adding permanent cosmetics throughout the game's lifespan? Very disappointing. I guess that loot box $$$ frenzy every time there's a new event is just too luscious of a payday to pass up on for Blizzard.

Prelude.

Man, I'm sure this sentiment has been hashed and rehashed over and over again within this thread but, boy oh boy, it would have been nice if the skins and emotes associated with this event were permanent skins. I thought that the developers were planning on adding permanent cosmetics throughout the game's lifespan? Very disappointing. I guess that loot box $$$ frenzy every time there's a new event is just too luscious of a payday to pass up on for Blizzard.
Hey you got 3 permanent emotes, 1 victory pose and 1 spray!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm fine with event only skins as it makes them feel more rare imo. Would just be nice if there was other regular content added besides these things.

Anyway, did they patch Sombra's decloak bug?

Had a blast with the 1v1 new mode, but it gets stressful as fuck.

I had to go invisible as Sombra to run and get a beer mid-fight.

The new 3v3 is pretty rad, too. I wish they incentivized it harder so people would be inclined to coordinate groups for it.

Top Bottom