• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Just dropped 100 SR in 3 games (50 in one alone) as Mercy totally neglecting any progress I made today. All because of the same thrower in all three games.

I lost one before that strictly because the team wouldn't listen and group up. I play healers because they're my best characters, but in the 3000 SR range it's really frustrating seeing otherwise good players blow the match by running in as a solo Hog against 3+ players all the while you're saying in chat to group up.

Don't mean to rant. Just stupid salty right now
There should really be a "I NEVER WANT TO PLAY WITH THIS ASSHOLE AGAIN" option.

NeoRaider

Eichenwalde QP:

s70zSNT.png

And POTG. I did that!

Why can't the game work out that someone in your 3v3 Elimination team is away from the screen?

Earlier I had to go a whole game with one of the team just motionless. The whole game. How have they not been kicked for inactivity?

Why can't the game work out that someone in your 3v3 Elimination team is away from the screen?

Earlier I had to go a whole game with one of the team just motionless. The whole game. How have they not been kicked for inactivity?

Tell me about it. You get people that look idle all game, but it feels like there are times where the game kicks you the second you stop making eye contact with the game.

Opened a box and see 2 legendaries and 2 epics.

Ends up being lucio jazz skin, young hanzo skin, epic orisa skin and 150 currency.

FeelsTerribleMan. Could have been 2 event skins and 2 dances but nope. sigh

NeoRaider

Opened a box and see 2 legendaries and 2 epics.

Ends up being lucio jazz skin, young hanzo skin, epic orisa skin and 150 currency.

FeelsTerribleMan. Could have been 2 event skins and 2 dances but nope. sigh

Feels terrible??
Be happy that it's not all white and blue like my last 20 boxes.

Tell me about it. You get people that look idle all game, but it feels like there are times where the game kicks you the second you stop making eye contact with the game.

Ugh, as someone who has been playing a lot of Symmetra in CtF these days, tell me about it. If the enemy team isn't managing to push the flag, I end up having to run into the firefight and do some damage just so the game doesn't consider me "idle," even though I'm repositioning my turrets and doing everything I can to seem active.

(And yet, the game where one of my teammates decided to be a dick and refused to return the flag, and I retaliated by putting my turrets in a useless location and using my sit emote for most of the match, I never heard a single peep about being idle. Who knows.)

Ramirez

I am like a fish out of water trying to use a M/KB, lol. I got 2 POTGs out of the 3 matches I played on PC though! People were bad.

Doesn't help that my PC can barely maintain 60 FPS with everything on Medium, RIP.

12 eliminations was gold in comp KOTH, smh.

rulerk1

Two back to back qp matches where no one wanted to play healer but we had a hanzo/Widow/genji players who do nothing. How is it fun to do absolutely nothing but waste everyone's time

Got to 3485 SR and I don't think I'll have time to try to hit Masters before the Season ends ;_;

Orisa 2.0, Mercy, Symmetra and D.VA carried me hard this season. Dunno who I'll focus on next season.

Anas sleep loop bullshit needs fixing in mayhem. I wouldn't mind it, I'd even think it was funny, but blizzards idle system will penalize me for that shit.

JackEtc

Been slowly getting back into Overwatch the past few days after not playing since pre-new characters.

Why the fuck does it take like 1:30+ most times to get a quick match? Is it that nobody is my level or something?

I am like a fish out of water trying to use a M/KB, lol. I got 2 POTGs out of the 3 matches I played on PC though! People were bad.

Doesn't help that my PC can barely maintain 60 FPS with everything on Medium, RIP.

12 eliminations was gold in comp KOTH, smh.
How long have you been playing with m&k so far? I plan on building a PC later this year, but I haven't played on PC in like 8-10 years. I was hoping it wouldn't take long to adjust

Been slowly getting back into Overwatch the past few days after not playing since pre-new characters.

Why the fuck does it take like 1:30+ most times to get a quick match? Is it that nobody is my level or something?

Iirc, matchmaking takes your performance (basically W/L) over the last 50 matches or so that you played and tries to match you with 11 other people who are in that same range as you, with a smallish (25%) margin for error. It could just be one of those times as well, sometimes I get 5 sec queue times and dumped into a match that's half empty. Others its 30-120 secs.

Free weekend, servers can be real hit or miss. Ended up waiting two minutes for a mystery heroes game last night, which was real weird.

jviggy43

Seriously. Bend over to drink a sip of water? Kicked. Text message? Kicked. Teammate on your team idle for 50% of the first point...nah he's good.

JackEtc

Iirc, matchmaking takes your performance (basically W/L) over the last 50 matches or so that you played and tries to match you with 11 other people who are in that same range as you, with a smallish (25%) margin for error. It could just be one of those times as well, sometimes I get 5 sec queue times and dumped into a match that's half empty. Others its 30-120 secs.

Interesting, good to know. I figured it was because I was so low level (49 lol) it couldn't find anyone else that low.

Free weekend, servers can be real hit or miss. Ended up waiting two minutes for a mystery heroes game last night, which was real weird.

True true.

I used to have a lot of fun playing competitive season 1 with GAFfers here, new season starts tomorrow so maybe I'll do my placement matches for season 5 and see if it's even worth getting back into being away for so long lmfao

antitrop

I used to have a lot of fun playing competitive season 1 with GAFfers here, new season starts tomorrow so maybe I'll do my placement matches for season 5 and see if it's even worth getting back into being away for so long lmfao

Season 4 ends tomorrow, but Season 5 doesn't start until Wednesday. Still, that's a much shorter break between seasons than any of the previous. I think the break between S1 and S2 was like 2 weeks.

Chance

Had two tanks in the team from the start.
Got 4-3-3-2-2, once i even had 5th teammate dying just moment after i resurrected 4. I was able to survive a lot during the whole match.

Funny thing is that my POTG was 3 rezzes, and few assists not 4 rez.

A Mercy on the other team, defending Anubis had a quad-rez on the point in overtime last night. PotG was a double-rez with two assists.

Seems messed up.

Anne

I guess the lesson I learned this season in comp is that being a good healer is fine and dandy but you're relying on your DPS to pull through which is it's own goddamn nightmare.

As somebody who has played every role, no matter what role you have you'll always get the feeling you have to over rely on teammates.

MazeHaze

Banned
Did placement matches just to see where I'd end up. 6 wins 4 losses and I did pretty well.....697 bronze ranking.

Guess I won't even bother with comp anymore lol.

Edit: im also at 18 lootboxes, not even ONE event skin amd multiple boxes that were 3 dupes of event voice lines and icons.

Top Bottom