• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

It's always stupid to see a Genji get a quad kill with his ult and steal it from the enemy Mercy who ressed all 4 and saved the fight.
Or when it goes to a mercy 4 res when they're all clustered together on point and get wiped out with a Zarya and/or pharah/bastion/tracer/genji ult

Edit: ^vault's got me

exYle

It's always stupid to see a Genji get a quad kill with his ult and steal it from the enemy Mercy who ressed all 4 and saved the fight.

At the risk of getting avatar quoted, outside of a Zarya ult, or immediately punishing a group res, a quad kill with dragonblade takes way more skill than a quad res.

Owzers

But even if the Mercy 'saved' the fight. Seeing a Mercy crouching in a corner waiting for everyone to die so she can wave her hand, is not fun to watch at all. In that situation I'd still way rather see the team wipe that came right before.
You should be happy when I play Mercy, I die in the genji ult so I don't steal his potg.

Nimby

Banned
But even if the Mercy 'saved' the fight. Seeing a Mercy crouching in a corner waiting for everyone to die so she can wave her hand, is not fun to watch at all.

I mean yeah, she would still deserve it though. It sucks that POTG only goes to the Mercy and not the person who got the kills after res too, POTG 2.0 where you at.

But really, battle Mercy POTGs should always get priority.

woolley

Need to remember to never play the last week of a season again. Dropped from diamond level to gold level in less than a week.

I'm probably going to get screwed in my placement for next season for finishing this one so low aren't I?

rulerk1

I'm seeing a lot of people in qp trying to imitate dance parties. I am wondering if it's happening in comp too? Scary times we live in

_Legacy_

Finished just below 2700, not fantastic considering I was 2900+ two weeks ago but it's still progress from last season. Here's to hoping I get placed much higher when the new season starts.

Gorillaz

Need to remember to never play the last week of a season again. Dropped from diamond level to gold level in less than a week.

I'm probably going to get screwed in my placement for next season for finishing this one so low aren't I?
Depends if they are more laxed in the finishing sr or not.

I actually dropped pretty bad too and had to bring out roadhog to climb back up. Might actually try to be a top 500 hog next season

Anne

Time until In-House:

t1496005200z1.png

MG310

499 wins..just had a draw on Hanamura where we held them at the 2nd point for 6 minutes.

EDIT: 500!

Going to call it a season there I think.

Final Win/Loss is 500-490-55 and SR is at 2552

210 Hours
Zenyatta - 91 hours - 206-213-16
Roadhog - 52 hours - 105-118-6
Symmetra - 43 hours - 134-86-24
Zarya - 22 hours - 45-51-9

and then it drops to 4 hours for Soldier, 1 hour for Winston and a few minutes / no time for the rest

Salarians

earlier, the enemy McCree got POTG- he Deadeye'd two of us, then got our Lucio

then our Mercy got him from behind and resurrected the three of us, which led us to a victory

Got the indian chick's anniversary outfit, it's the only one i really really wanted.

I wouldn't mind getting the annoying brittish girl's one too before it's over but I'm not supppper fussed.

I really want to like the purple stealth lady, but the little time delay between canceling stealth and being able to do anything feels so weird I don't like it.

Also, hammer guy's hammer swings feel so off and awkward as well.

I think Pharah and ball throwing guy are my two favorite characters so far.

I played one game of mercy, it was fun, but I just feel like someone's bitch the whole game. It's like TF2 medic but with no sexy heavy and no boooone saw and no needle gun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
POTG with Ana, Mercy and Zarya all being pulled off the bridge by my Orisa orb while i was slept was definitely not boring

sym, rein, 76, dva, hog, and me who was the only support on nepal. we were down 0-2.

switching from lucio then mercy and then back to lucio and then went ana. got back to 2-2 but fml solo healing. if i didn't die to winstons tickle blaster we could have won. but my grenade was 1 second from being ready. me (ana) vs their lucio and mercy lol.

So Season 5 starts on Wednesday night, which gives me Monday night and Tuesday to grind 9 arcade wins so I can focus on Comp.

Not sure where Solo Queue is going to take me, but this is the first season I'm fully committing to, so I'm ready to go.

Jblanks

I swear they nerf the drop rates of purples/golds in event boxes so people spend more money. I've gotten 2 dance emotes, no skins in like 20 boxes so far.

_Legacy_

sym, rein, 76, dva, hog, and me who was the only support on nepal. we were down 0-2.

switching from lucio then mercy and then back to lucio and then went ana. got back to 2-2 but fml solo healing. if i didn't die to winstons tickle blaster we could have won. but my grenade was 1 second from being ready. me (ana) vs their lucio and mercy lol.

Not gonna lie, that made me laugh

Jedi2016

Just jumped into the game today...

7368bba925cab9dd176e32f7ce8c4d1fbf9917c0870d39ecfe8254874e42b907.jpg

So far playing support more than anything else (I like Zenyatta, don't kill me), gives it a better feel than just trying to max out K/D like I imagine a lot of new players do.

I probably won't ever try to get super competitive with it, just jump on now and again and play a few matches here and there.

It is fun, though, I'll give it that. Moreso than watching videos on YT or Twitch would lead you to believe.

leng jai

Finally got the game, extremely LTTP. Usually don't play with a mouse and keyboard since I'm on a comfy couch setup but I'm guessing it's a necessity for this game.

What's a good character to get started on? I've been using Mercy to ease myself back in to KB/M. Orisa looks like an interesting DPS hero. Seems like a fairly daunting game to get into these days.

Anne

What's a good character to get started on? I've been using Mercy to ease myself back in to KB/M. Orisa looks like an interesting DPS hero. Seems like a fairly daunting game to get into these days.

Orisa is a tank and not a DPS. Hitting moving targets with her gun is actually next to impossible so I wouldn't really pick her looking to deal damage. Soldier is a good first DPS, and if you want something less standard Tracer, Pharah, McCree are all p simple. Otherwise, just pick what you like honestly. Most of the characters are p simple.

Top Bottom