• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Not sure if this was posted already, but they made some new Lucio changes in addition to what was announced last week. He does 33% more damage, and reduced his self-healing and speed bonus off of wall rides.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753618444

So Lucio self-healing just stays as it was before the ptr changes I guess.

It was 12,5 per second, got buffed 50% to 18,75 and then nerfed 33% to 12,5 again.

I love the damage increase together with the slight speed buff to the projectiles. Edit: It was 16x4projectiles damage, now it's 20x4 for a total of 80 instead of 64.

I'm feeling like I'm going to play him much more than now that's for certain.

KuroNeeko

How are you supposed to interpret the data on Overbuff? Checking my data on Sombra for the past few days I get this.

0XOkllR.png

and

The recent data has all these fields placing me in X percentile, but they don't seem to match my averages.

Also, looking at this data, can I interpret it to mean that I'm just not engaging enough? It definitely looks like I could be EMPing more. Problem is I tell my team I have it up and then wait to use it with another person's ultimate but NO ONE confirms it or links it. So I just end up sitting on it. : /

Was going to play more OW tonight but my roommate decided to fuck up cooking in the kitchen and flood the entire apartment with spicy smoke to the point where I had to seal myself off from the main room just so I could breathe properly. Roommates, bah.

On that note, we're probably due for a smoke bomb/visual disturbance character in the future, right? Or would that be too much of of a disruption to the flow of the game?

After our QP group disbanded, I decided to play some comp. was able to get good teammates and I was doing work with Sombra. Got 41 kills on Oasis which is a career best for me. Won 2 comp games and got +100 sr for the night :) now I'm at 1730. Inching closer to 2000.

Our gaf QP session are really helping. Thanks for the games today.

Throwaway qp. Me as hanzo. Widow and Ana. Someone said do we need three snipers. Got the first two crit kills. Obviously we lost but it was cool lol

MG310

Message from gold Genji main 10 seconds before the match starts simply saying "Tank". I was already out at the point and picked Zen. I reply "Ask earlier". He replies "IDGAF why are all plats i see ass"

Some real winners out there tonight on PS4.

Gorillaz

Message from gold Genji main 10 seconds before the match starts simply saying "Tank". I was already out at the point and picked Zen. I reply "Ask earlier". He replies "IDGAF why are all plats i see ass"

Some real winners out there tonight on PS4.

that line is kinda hilarious tho

for all you zen players, how much of a differnce has the update made? what is your average accuracy now compared to before the update?

I was at 24% (I spam at distance a LOT) and I've been about 39% in the 50+ games played since the buff. PS4, Silver/Gold border each season (I played D.Va mainly, with some Rein and Lucio thrown in if the situation demanded it). Oversumo has me at a Platinum IV level with Zen since the buff, Gold III before.

But I do keep as far back as possible the entire time, so this buff was tailor-made for me.

Hacking is fun but I gotta work on using the translocator more. Need to get it into my muscle memory.

Yeah. When I was watching you while waiting to get in to a game with the group there were a few missed opportunities.

Games were decent tonight. Felt slightly off as Mercy tonight... Only more reason to keep practicing her.

Still got it as D.Va as long as Im with a good team.

MG310

that line is kinda hilarious tho

I don't use a mic either but I don't think I've ever written an entire sentence on PSN to someone mid-match.

Stuck between 2400 and 2500 now. Keep going up and down. Happy with the peak at 2800 so far this season though.

I probably should add a DPS to the characters I play but I've been pretty awful with all of them so far and I barely do any quickplay anymore to practice.

LiK

Yeah. When I was watching you while waiting to get in to a game with the group there were a few missed opportunities.

Games were decent tonight. Felt slightly off as Mercy tonight... Only more reason to keep practicing her.

Yea, I barely played her since she was available. Tonight was the most I ever played her lol.

KuroNeeko

How do you use D. Va effectively?
I used to use her to bully Supports, but she seems so fragile now. Is she basically just Defense Matrix? ; . ;

I used to use her to bully Supports, but she seems so fragile now. Is she basically just Defense Matrix? ; . ;

She is hella fragile now. If you dont have a good team to back you there is no point in playing her.

With that said shes kind of a crowd controller. She's there to keep people from trying stuff basically laying down an eternal suppressive fire. She also has the matrix. I use it pretty heavily to keep my team from taking hits... Generally it's good to save for a projectile like Ult ie Soldiers or Reapers or Roadhogs. Then also flying around to knock enemies out of place or off the map... and then also to follow up on a retreating low health enemy.

Her ult you need to use at the right time and land in the right area obviously... long corridors or small spaces are good so the enemy can't run and hide.

rulerk1

I solo qued some comp today. Played nothing but rein and zen for one match. I had always had silver damage/ gold/silver elims at the end of each match. Won all but the last two. That's
Good right?

I've had some amazing people in QP stacks at the end of season 3 when I started playing OW again. Really tense games and clutch moments; losing didn't feel bad.

Yep, I've certainly had many moments in QP like it's described above (and everywhere), but I have also met some calm, collected, clutch people, who use mic, and are playing to win. And I play Comp with some of them to this day.

But most of my "Memorable Moments" have come from QP.

I fucking hate Backfill.

I get why you (anyone) would feel that way, but I personally LOVE backfill. You can usually see the hole and fill it. It doesn't happen often, but when you can go Rein or Zen and suddenly your appearance steadies your team and you just crush the opposing team, those moments are golden.

I really love the new spread on Hog's weapon, the hook cd nerf is definitely noticeable but I think I'm happy with the trade.

I tend to stick behind my Rein, using the DM to eat the other Rein firestrike every single time so he doesn't build is ult as fast, and punish enemies that are out of position when they decide to push.

When I see someone on the higher ground I chase them off, always try to finish off enemies with low health that are trying to get away, protect my teammates with DM if they are in a shitty situation, support teammates like Soldier when he is on higher ground being harassed by someone, save my DM when I predict that a Pharah/Reaper/etc might use their ults, and also try to not feed. When I play Soldier I'm always surprised to see the enemies D.Vas giving me so much ult charge, which I use on them after when they are out of the mech and their teammates. Good job.

I'm no D.Va expert and I don't see pro videos of her so I'm probably doing a lot of shit wrong, but I usually have a lot of success and good stats playing her. I only play her with a Rein on the team though, if he wasn't picked then I play Rein and not D.Va.

She is hella fragile now. If you dont have a good team to back you there is no point in playing her.

With that said shes kind of a crowd controller. She's there to keep people from trying stuff basically laying down an eternal suppressive fire. She also has the matrix. I use it pretty heavily to keep my team from taking hits... Generally it's good to save for a projectile like Ult ie Soldiers or Reapers or Roadhogs. Then also flying around to knock enemies out of place or off the map... and then also to follow up on a retreating low health enemy.

Her ult you need to use at the right time and land in the right area obviously... long corridors or small spaces are good so the enemy can't run and hide.

You have a really great timing when using the d.va bomb, you saved us in many games thatnks to that.

LordofPwn

I get why you (anyone) would feel that way, but I personally LOVE backfill. You can usually see the hole and fill it. It doesn't happen often, but when you can go Rein or Zen and suddenly your appearance steadies your team and you just crush the opposing team, those moments are golden.
Just had a qp tonight I got back filled into. 50 seconds left on dorado towards 2nd point. Picked Zarya and carried us to victory because it was the perfect fit to fill out our team and counter the opponent's. Felt good. 90% of the time though there's nothing you can do because there's 30sec or less and your team is half dead.

I played a backfill game last night where I singlehandedly won both Volskaya points off of flanking Barrage triple kills w/ her.

I won Volskaya B as Rein on a late-game backfill once. I came out of spawn and noticed that my team was just getting wasted before they could even get to the first archway. I tried to shield up, but got swarmed and killed immediately. Decided to sneak in from the left on the moving platforms since the enemy team was all pushed-up for the easy Elims. Got on point, charged and killed the Torb and turret. The Hanzo on the platform over the point never turned around until the point was almost captured. Charged him into the wall when he dropped down and won it.

Still one of my most cherished OW memories.

Whelp...Finally did it fellas.

Climbed from placing Bronze 1447 this season back to Plat, which is where I reached in Season 2. Mostly as Reinhardt. (a little bit of mercy and harambe here and there)

Man...I thought Silver was bad.....Mid gold is absolutely the worst.

Climbing over 1000 points as Reinhardt feelsgoodman

Now to get to Diamond.

Holy shit, dude. Congratulations!

darklin0

Banned
ebusqIj.png

I wanna post my McCree stats cause I saw others doing it.
I only playing to counter a Pharah. >_>
Aside from that, I am ok at McCree.

Anne

It's all about high ground control. She has the best tank mobility in the game and can buy seconds of time for others with DM. Force yourself onto high ground to fight, abuse mobility and DM to isolate people, use mobility and DM to peel for people off high ground, and when you do have a safe area just hold down the fire button so people have to deal with you.

She's fragile, yeah, but she can still earn a lot of forward space by picking her spots rather then just sitting in the face of the enemy team. Hilariously enough she's still the least fragile tank out the bunch. Tanks just aren't supposed to be all that tanky lol

Relatively speaking of course. There is no doubt that Pharah is effectively unchallenged.

I'm melting Pharahs with ease as Zen now. I stay waaay back, and my balls are hitting her in the head, while I can easily dodge anything she throws my way. She either has to move forward (where my team can take her down) or away, where she isn't really a threat.

darklin0

Banned
It's all about high ground control. She has the best tank mobility in the game and can buy seconds of time for others with DM. Force yourself onto high ground to fight, abuse mobility and DM to isolate people, use mobility and DM to peel for people off high ground, and when you do have a safe area just hold down the fire button so people have to deal with you.

She's fragile, yeah, but she can still earn a lot of forward space by picking her spots rather then just sitting in the face of the enemy team. Hilariously enough she's still the least fragile tank out the bunch. Tanks just aren't supposed to be all that tanky lol

Poor Harambe. Blizzard lower his head hitbox more plz!

Anne

BTW in a fre hours tonight the first semis match will be played for OGN APEX. It's single elim from here on out, and will be played on patch 1.8 with iron clad hotfix applied.

Runaway vs Luxury Watch Blue, 5AM CST for NA peeps. too lazy for conversions elsewhere ;;

Just had a qp tonight I got back filled into. 50 seconds left on dorado towards 2nd point. Picked Zarya and carried us to victory because it was the perfect fit to fill out our team and counter the opponent's. Felt good. 90% of the time though there's nothing you can do because there's 30sec or less and your team is half dead.

Shit, nice work! It doesn't work out this way most of the time, but that one time is enough to make it all worthwhile.

KarmaCow

I should probably stop but with the weekend coming up and Orisa being unbanned, I'm trudging along with placements, 1-6. What's worse is every one has been a blowout. :/

KuroNeeko

Thanks for the D.Va advice!

I used to play her a lot back in season one / season two--I think she's second on my list right behind Mei. (L O L)

Kind of in love with Sombra right now, but at least I have some advice to take with me when the rest of the team goes attack and I have to fake being an off-tank.

I should probably stop but with the weekend coming up and Orisa being unbanned, I'm trudging along with placements, 1-6. What's worse is every one has been a blowout. :/

Starting low (hopefully) means there's nowhere to go but up! ^^

kirblar

I'm melting Pharahs with ease as Zen now. I stay waaay back, and my balls are hitting her in the head, while I can easily dodge anything she throws my way. She either has to move forward (where my team can take her down) or away, where she isn't really a threat.
With the Lucio and Ana changes AND his buffs he should be seeing a lot more play.

Blues1990

I'm really starting to get frustrated with competitive. I can't play Mei, Zarya, Reinhardt, Lucio, or Zenyatta with the games populating a Pharah player that is hot on my ass.

Cappa

Banned
It's the weekend so I should be able to group up with my fellow Americans today.

Sometimes I consider getting a VPN just so I can play on us server. I absolutely hate playing on European server full of toxic players, ksa throwers and 95% of matched are complete silence.

My experience on us servers has been generally positive compared to eu. I'm sure it can still be pretty toxic but I think the level of play is much better

accx

Whelp...Finally did it fellas.

Climbed from placing Bronze 1447 this season back to Plat, which is where I reached in Season 2. Mostly as Reinhardt. (a little bit of mercy and harambe here and there)

Man...I thought Silver was bad.....Mid gold is absolutely the worst.

Climbing over 1000 points as Reinhardt feelsgoodman

Now to get to Diamond.

Yea, mid gold is fucking terrible. And seems like i'm stuck there forever. I just turn off chat the first thing i do because everyone's so toxic.
I know, communication is key and what not but it's useless at that rank.
I should probably start duo-q'ing with someone... Maybe i should take note from you and run Rein too.
Rein and Ana is the least played heroes in my team it seems.
Junk, Reaper and Mercy used the most :/
I've been one-tricking it with soldier but i'm at the point where i'm just loosing every match.
Maybe i should get a new account...

Anne

If you haven't been watching APEX this is the final 4 finals starting tonight. The culmination of the current Korean OW season finals basically start here. Real exciting stuff.

AngryMoth

Think I will root for runaway, all newcomer final would be cool!

edit: tickets for the finals sold out in 2 minutes? Overwatch is pretty popular in Korea I guess!

Top Bottom