• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just played Pharah into an enemy team who's best hope of taking me down was a Mei and a Hanzo...that was fun!

I honestly feel bad when I play Pharah in most games. The enemy team just can't deal with her at my rank with a few exceptions

and I'm not that good of a Pharah

Jellie

I'm trying to improve with McCree because tracer and pharah are so fucking annoying on console. I feel like I'm doing bad, my stats say that I'm an OK/meh McCree... except I can't kill anyone with dead eye at all. I get that some I do with terrible positioning, but I see so many McCree's get away with it! My acc stats are probably super inflated from killing tanks/barrier spamming is my guess.

P2wLwhT.png

This is me trying to kill anyone with dead eye: https://youtu.be/0Ae6B7C05Nk?t=1m7s
Its a pretty bad ult. I think only junkrats is worse so don't feel bad if you don't get many kills with it unless with a blizzard/grav/earth shatter.

komaruR

I'm trying to improve with McCree because tracer and pharah are so fucking annoying on console. I feel like I'm doing bad, my stats say that I'm an OK/meh McCree... except I can't kill anyone with dead eye at all. I get that some I do with terrible positioning, but I see so many McCree's get away with it! My acc stats are probably super inflated from killing tanks/barrier spamming is my guess.

P2wLwhT.png

This is me trying to kill anyone with dead eye: https://youtu.be/0Ae6B7C05Nk?t=1m7s

my console mccree qp
prO35Bh.png

most of my time i use deadeye as a zoning ult instead. if you do want kills the only way is to sneak behind enmy when they push payload.

kirblar

I honestly feel bad when I play Pharah in most games. The enemy team just can't deal with her at my rank with a few exceptions

I played a backfill game last night where I singlehandedly won both Volskaya points off of flanking Barrage triple kills w/ her.

Guess there's no way to only get QP games with no spectators? had a series of games where a spectator was feeding locations to the enemy team. Very frustrating.

maomaoIYP

It's 7 games in 7 days. Every game you play pushes the decay timer back by 24 hours, up to a maximum of 7 days banked. You can check the timer by right-clicking on the Competitive button.

Right now I'm just playing one Comp game a day not to decay, because I don't really like playing Comp.

I'm assuming the new support SR bug is seriously dicking you over as well, I was hoping to see you reach GM.

LordofPwn

Just finished my placements. Finished last season at +2670, placements were 5-3-2, somehow lost almost 300 SR now 2389... Wtf... Guy I did placements with ended season below me but finished placements higher than how he ended the season...

antitrop

I'm assuming the new support SR bug is seriously dicking you over as well, I was hoping to see you reach GM.
Ya, it sucks. :( Won my game as Zen today and didn't gain shit.

The GM dream isn't dead, though. The bug will get fixed and it's still early in the season. I'm actually feeling confident in my Masters games, I don't feel like everyone else is clearly playing better than I am, so eh, I'm keeping up hopes.

Actually in the game today that I won, I outhealed our Ana as Zen. So, yeah...

komaruR

Just finished my placements. Finished last season at +2670, placements were 5-3-2, somehow lost almost 300 SR now 2389... Wtf... Guy I did placements with ended season below me but finished placements higher than how he ended the season...

what heros you were using and did you did anything great compared to your friend in those placement?

Yeah, I finished last season 29XX and I got placed like at 23XX this season. It took me like ten more games to crawl back to Plat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
with lucio going super sonic speed on ptr

maybe we give genji triple jump back
wtzgU.gif

but we'll revert ana nerfs b efore that
wtzgU.gif

omg this guy EatMoreRamen. how did i get paired with him two games in a row. bitch was throwing the fucking games. somehow the third game he was on the other team. rip rank

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
How can one be so bad at Mercy? It wasn't even placement, but every single time I needed healing. I either had blue stream on me or our Mercy was no where to be found.

I'm the tank.

Whelp...Finally did it fellas.

Climbed from placing Bronze 1447 this season back to Plat, which is where I reached in Season 2. Mostly as Reinhardt. (a little bit of mercy and harambe here and there)

Man...I thought Silver was bad.....Mid gold is absolutely the worst.

Climbing over 1000 points as Reinhardt feelsgoodman

Now to get to Diamond.

LiK

Taking a break. Some good casual QP tonight. No tryhard stacks thankfully. Won with our lesser used heroes. I like using Sombra is some maps. Fun.

MG310

Soldier, take care of the Pharah

Repeat until 0-3 loss

Ana is still probably one of the better counters to Pharah still.

She can annoy her, but I wouldn't call her a counter, especially now with the damage nerf.

Besides, if Ana is focusing on Pharah she isn't healing her team. Not a good trade-off most of the times.

Edit: PS4 perspective, Ana is easier to play on PC.

LordofPwn

what heros you were using and did you did anything great compared to your friend in those placement?
I was Zarya, he was Rein, Mei, Roadhog, and Soilder.
2 of our losses were because we had teammates disconnect. 1 of our ties we were down a person. We had one win against a team that ended up being a 6v4. And my cat unplugged my power strip during a match but I was able to rebuild the PS4 database and log back in and rejoin match and finish out that match which we won. And I'd say performance wise were were pretty equal, both of us getting lots of medals. One match we somehow lost he had gold elims as rein and I had 4 silvers as Zarya. Anyways i just felt cheated out of platinum when I know I could easily hang in mid Diamond. Season 2 I was platinum, S3 I was platinum and had my highest career SR. S1 I think my high was 54.

Yeah, I finished last season 29XX and I got placed like at 23XX this season. It took me like ten more games to crawl back to Plat.
That is some BS. How did your placements go W-L-T?

Gorillaz

First time watching his stream in a weekish but I love how Moonmoon retired his pro genji and is just on mcree now lol

was he tired of being the "shield bitch" and tank as xXGodSlayerXx calls him

MartyStu

She can annoy her, but I wouldn't call her a counter, especially now with the damage nerf.

Besides, if Ana is focusing on Pharah she isn't healing her team. Not a good trade-off most of the times.

Relatively speaking of course. There is no doubt that Pharah is effectively unchallenged.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Repeat until 0-3 loss

unless you're a godly hitscan, it honestly takes a lot more effort from 76 solo to deal with pharah than it does pharah to deal with 76. not to mention the fact that 76 is looking up away from the battle in front of him while pharah has a perfect view of everything

LordofPwn

Phamercy is still one of the most annoying combos.
It's so bad on console
unless you're a godly hitscan, it honestly takes a lot more effort from 76 solo to deal with pharah than it does pharah to deal with 76. not to mention the fact that 76 is looking up away from the battle in front of him while pharah has a perfect view of everything
I don't have a problem dealing with Pharah as Soilder. I've even been able to dispose of her as Mei. Widow seems like the best pick though.

randome

I am utterly fucking sick of people leaving competitive games. It's so unfair. I just can't take it anymore. It's making playing this game not fun.

well....apparently one of the strats of dealing with Pharmercy is hurrying up to kill the 4 people on the ground first.....
you continue to do this, and mercy has to take her attention away from pharah, hopefully long enough for your soldier to kill her.

i personally try to get a healer to go zen and just use a discord on mercy, kill mercy, then discord on pharah, kill pharah.
but it can be tough if the people on the ground are very good.

MG310

Just saying what I hear during games in solo queue. A lot of that or teams that just outright ignore her and suffer for it.

LiK

Pharah isn't even hard on console as Soldier unless she's aiming at me. Her rockets cause so much damage that she can outdamage me so I need to run and heal. Thanks to Zen buff, I took out Pharah more easily with him in some random matches. Basically, two heroes working together can take her out quickly. Always make her a priority like when you spot a Mercy.

Top Bottom