• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

my stomach physically hurt seeing this comp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GQknaUpG2M&feature=youtu.be
the torb hasnt played torb this season at all it kind of felt like the game was giving me a big F U.

then they had the nerve to say they arnt throwing and that the rest of us are sad people cause were saying theyre trolling. like its clear the trio of players are smurfs but its just so disheartening. our roadhog gave up by third point when they swapped widow for mei.... and then the symmetra went widow.
so we have 4 people being useless by the end.
Symm wasnt really a bad pick first point tho.

Roadhog ended up just sittin in the corner and gettin up not to get disconnected

i just gave up on offence aswell.

man off meta picks are fine but youre constantly gettin shit on by the enemy pharah and widow.
its just so tiring

😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧

Gorillaz

Is having a Widow on both teams every game just the norm now? I'm seeing it all the time on console.

I think the people that have been trying to make widow work on console are finally startng to click and it's having a ripple effect on people.

I've been seeing better widows now but it's more bad then good still

DevilDog

I would like to see genji's dash without the screenlock. Go wherever you want during its duration.

That would be super cool and would require so much skill. Blizz plz <3

cyborg009

Banned
the torb hasnt played torb this season at all it kind of felt like the game was giving me a big F U.

then they had the nerve to say they arnt throwing and that the rest of us are sad people cause were saying theyre trolling. like its clear the trio of players are smurfs but its just so disheartening. our roadhog gave up by third point when they swapped widow for mei.... and then the symmetra went widow.

Roadhog ended up just sittin in the corner and gettin up not to get disconnected

man off meta picks are fine but youre constantly gettin shit on by the enemy pharah and widow.
its just so tiring

&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;
Weekend overwatch in a nutshell.

Skii

its just so tiring

&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;&#128551;

Ah the toxic trio. I'd just report and block all of them hoping I don't queue into them again lol. I know it doesn't work but let me believe.

antitrop

3863 now, less than 150 off GM. I grouped up with a GM Ana main I met in QP and got put on a team with 5 GMs and me. So I played Lucio on Lijiang Tower, lol.

I did pretty fucking good with Lucio, though, if I do say. Since I hit Master, I've only had one loss and one draw, the rest have been victories.

LaoM7JV.png

so, are people paying Pro players to boost their accounts? like is that even a thing?

Just got 2 games back to back, where I got the world's best mcree at low gold on account that has over a hundred hours played but only like 2 hours with mcree with 50% accuracy literally destroying my whole team.
and the Second game, had the world's best widowmaker in very low gold constantly sniping my healers with perfect headshots as soon as they are out in the open with less than a hour of playtime on widow maker, but 100s of hours on other characters teamed with The world's best Tracer who happens to be mid silver and who was bronze last season, decimating the whole team.

Wtf is going on right now

<Edit> correction....51% accuracy mcree....smh

AbaFadi

Banned
so, are people paying Pro players to boost their accounts? like is that even a thing?

Just got 2 games back to back, where I got the world's best mcree at low gold on account that has over a hundred hours played but only like 2 hours with mcree with 50% accuracy literally destroying my whole team.
and the Second game, had the world's best widowmaker in very low gold constantly sniping my healers with perfect headshots as soon as they are out in the open with less than a hour of playtime on widow maker, but 100s of hours on other characters teamed with The world's best Tracer who happens to be mid silver and who was bronze last season, decimating the whole team.

Wtf is going on right now

More common than you might think for people to pay to boost their accounts.

Owzers

Two more days before I become a new main, should make for fun comp games. Also, ahead of time, if someone needs to switch it probably isn't me because I'm a great Orisa.

Two more days before I become a new main, should make for fun comp games. Also, ahead of time, if someone needs to switch it probably isn't me because I'm a great Orisa.

Thank god dark souls dlc is almost here.

I'd rather see "You Died" on my screen than "Defeat".

:p

komaruR

Finished my new build yesterday with a i7-7700k, GTX 1080, and 27" 144hz monitor. Messed around in Overwatch for a second and this is going to take some getting used to. It's so smooth.... it's blowing my mind right now.

I was playing on a 60hz 23" monitor, GTX 770 and Haswell CPU previously.

i just pull the trigger and ordered http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502
need to try the glorious 144hz and gsync people been raving about D:

antitrop

More common than you might think for people to pay to boost their accounts.
I was watching Eevee's stream and he came across a guy advertising his top 500 account boosting gig for the low, low price of $1,000.

For just a grand, you too can enjoy griefing your teammates as you slowly work your way back down to Platinum.

Oversumo is dumb. If you are using it, use it with a whole box of Kosher salt.

I was watching Eevee's stream and he came across a guy advertising his top 500 account boosting gig for the low, low price of $1,000.

For just a grand, you too can enjoy griefing your teammates as you slowly work your way back down to Platinum.

Overpriced. Even League boosters are only charging 200-300. It's almost impossible to get people to bite past that.

Oversumo thinks my Mercy is Diamond, so they can fuck off.

Overbuff disagrees.

0xqLlj0.png

Yup, I'm almost always rated bronze/silver on Oversumo for my QP/comp performances lol. Sometimes I get the occasional gold but man Oversumo thinks I suck.

Oversumo thinks the majority of Ryujehong's characters are Diamond. I started looking at more Top 500 players and plenty of their stats are worse than mine according to Oversumo despite them being much more effective players.

Edit: before that sounds like a humble brag, plenty of my best characters stats are in Diamond or Plat according to Oversumo.

HELP!!1!!!11

I am in a team where someone insta-locked Genji, then someone says that he wants Genji. I check their career profile and four of my teammates have Genji as their most played hero.

The guy that asked for Genji picked MCree. And yes we had a Widow on our team.

Played with a Random in QP who has 106 hours as Widow

That is pathetic compared to the Widow player I met today (246 hours followed by Pharah at 50 hours).

DevilDog

After playing lol, which mainly uses QWER for everything, I tried switching A and D to Q and E.

It was hillarious. So much more comfortable though, my fingers were always in the same line.

OMFG I just had a hilarious game with Lucio. WTF is this? PoTG, 14-0, booping everyone, taking out Widow and everything. I don't get this game.

Edit: I forgot to mention the overextending players from the other team. I literally stood behind them and shot them to death.

I almost got an amazing multikill PoTG with Winston after jumping and chipping three players right when Ult was up, so I mash Q and nothing happens because of my amazing 140ms ping. Thanks Blizzard, thanks my ISP. I would have went to bed with a semi-permanent smirk but fuck you.

Edit: Why am I still playing OW? I am supposed to be playing Nier Automata instead.

I think the people that have been trying to make widow work on console are finally startng to click and it's having a ripple effect on people.

I've been seeing better widows now but it's more bad then good still

It feels like I play with the same 300-350 people over and over again in my SR on console, and I know all the (15 or so) amazing Widows' names when I see them.
The ones who move locations every minute or so, who come to the edge so I can hit them with a healing orb ("Heal me!" spammers who are out of line-of-sight are Genji-level annoying), and can hold their own in assault mode long enough for me to get to them. Not getting into a dick-measuring contest with the opposing Widow, and switching off her when a Winston wrecks their shit repeatedly is also appreciated.

The ability to zip-line 360 no-scope is less important to me (if still impressive).

Finally made it to Platinum. 2501 SR. I was worried that last win wasn't going to give me enough SR, but it gave me 28 SR.

I was in bronze at the start of last season in the low 800s SR and climbed up to low gold. This season I started in high silver and finally got plat after 28 hours. I did this all solo queue and with no mic.

Finally made it to Platinum. 2501 SR. I was worried that last win wasn't going to give me enough SR, but it gave me 28 SR.

I was in bronze at the start of last season in the low 800s SR and climbed up to low gold. This season I started in high silver and finally got plat after 28 hours. I did this all solo queue and with no mic.

Congrats man. Keep it up!

That LG Evil offense was one of the greatest takes of Anubis that I've ever seen.

Just had a Soldier focus fire on me as Orisa and it was just fucking death.

Orisa does not survive if any DPS decides to focus you. I think that'll ultimately be what affects her viability. She's an anti-tank tank in the middle of Dive City.

LiK

Aw yea, I was doing so good as Lucio. The other Lucio even tried booping me into the well but I wallrided back up and killed him, hehehe

komaruR

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
All I did in comp was lose over the weekend. I feel like I've somehow completely lost what little mojo I had. Guys...

I bought Paladins.

I mean, I launched it but I quit out when the tutorial started. I didn't play it. I launched it BUT I DIDNT PLAY

KuroNeeko

I got my first "Legendary" score card (10 votes) as Mercy last night in Quick Play after getting Shutdown in (my first) PotG.

Pharah tried to Ult us a few meters away from the payload stop and I blasted her face, then rezzed the team.

Felt sooooo good to finally get some recognition. lol

Typically, what kind of win % do you want to have before going into Competitive? Zen's at 64%, followed by Sym, D.Va, and Mei at about 57%. Mercy is only like 39% : /

Top Bottom