• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Jellie

Sometimes I just can't deal with the sheer stupidity of some people. We had a team kill in hanamura 2nd point with 3 people remaining on our team. The fucking reaper decides to leave the point letting just me and Sombra to cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWgwybxv9w

We draw. I just can't.

Nice man.

I left immediately as the game ended because I was WAY beyond tilted.

happened to me last season in high diamond took another 3mins to cap and we and up drawing.

kirblar

I'm doing better with D.va than Roadhog, and I don't even play D.va. :-/
Speaking of Roadhog-
C72eE3oW4AAgMn3.jpg:large
Don't play him on the map where the hook's almost never going to get a clean pull. :p

Oh shit now I remember. In one of my placement matches, we had a difference of decimals in payload distance but we ended up with a draw even though our payload technically went further. I thought we won, but welp.

Jellie

Speaking of Roadhog-

Don't play him on the map where the hook's almost never going to get a clean pull. :p
That's because pros don't hold at the choke on volskya so hog is less effective. In ladder, it's common to hold at the choke so doubt it means much to the majority of players.

Outsanity

Hi all,

Pretty new here and I know I am also LTTP but I got into Overwatch this weekend (on console admittedly) and having a great time so far.

Reading through the pages of this thread, seems like games have the potential to have proper roles and tactics/teamplay etc and I'm just wondering how this comes about. Maybe it's a factor of my level and because I've only been able to play quick play so far, but it just feels like everyone is playing offensive champs and it's pretty ineffective to try and play any support or tank type role meaningfully, games are basically just TDM with objectives as an afterthought.

Do I need to wait for ranked to see some proper team play?

Anyone else on XB1 in UK/Europe, would be happy to make your acquaintance. Also any other newbie tips/literature very welcome

Cheers!

Big Nikus

In the last 25 games I've played in comp', more than half had quitters in my team. I'm done.
Just spent hours playing 4/5 vs 6, fuck them all.

Rogan

Banned
Competitive solo queue is so shit. I'm usually encountering teammates who pick Widow, Hanzo, Torb and Bastion for example.

Its goddamn mediocre and people wont switch when the chat asks nicely. Sometimes there's a good Hanzo or Widow, but usually there is no communication or reaction.

What's up with this community on PC? Why do people play competitive if they don't care who wins or loses? They really need to stick to QP or Blizzard needs to make the competitive cap-level higher.

I just hate these salty people who are destroying my SR.

sorry for my bad English.

Azoor

Hi all,

Pretty new here and I know I am also LTTP but I got into Overwatch this weekend (on console admittedly) and having a great time so far.

Reading through the pages of this thread, seems like games have the potential to have proper roles and tactics/teamplay etc and I'm just wondering how this comes about. Maybe it's a factor of my level and because I've only been able to play quick play so far, but it just feels like everyone is playing offensive champs and it's pretty ineffective to try and play any support or tank type role meaningfully, games are basically just TDM with objectives as an afterthought.

Do I need to wait for ranked to see some proper team play?

Anyone else on XB1 in UK/Europe, would be happy to make your acquaintance. Also any other newbie tips/literature very welcome

Cheers!

Proper competition is in Competitive mode, the other modes are just different in terms of mindset.

If you're new, I highly recommend you play mystery heroes, it'll be great a to get the feeling for all the heroes.

Apathy

Im finally playing orisa and i love her but i feel like her ult charges a lil on the slow side relative to what it does 🤔

Whats the percentage increase for dmg on it?

Edit: and why only 400 hp? Nothing about her justifies some of these things

It's 50% for everyone

Cappa

Banned
I've been carrying with tracer after going on a terrible losing streak. I've been getting minimum 50 eliminations on koth maps with her
Also, if more people on the point, it's supposed to stagger the respawn for Defense, iirc.
Never see you guys on except that Friday that I played against your 6 stack after the match it kicked me out so I just left. It was like 3am here

It's funny how the quality of your aim can vary from day to day.

Some days I'm completely useless and can't play dps because I can't hit anything.

Other days I feel like a god (yesterday), and don't miss a single goddamn bullet as Solider for entire matches.

MGrant

Competitive solo queue is so shit. I'm usually encountering teammates who pick Widow, Hanzo, Torb and Bastion for example.

Its goddamn mediocre and people wont switch when the chat asks nicely. Sometimes there's a good Hanzo or Widow, but usually there is no communication or reaction.

What's up with this community on PC? Why do people play competitive if they don't care who wins or loses? They really need to stick to QP or Blizzard needs to make the competitive cap-level higher.

I just hate these salty people who are destroying my SR.

sorry for my bad English.

Your English is good! Solo queue is torture. Don't sweat it too much. Know that there will be some days that you won't be able to find a team worth a damn, and be zen about it.

komaruR

Also, if more people on the point, it's supposed to stagger the respawn for Defense, iirc.
sadly the stagger spawn doesnt fully kick in until after 3 deaths and thats when the attacker have to be on point while those defender death happen.
why after 3 death? cause the first 2 stagger is just +2 sec everytime means their respawn timer is still in the sub10sec range.

I've been carrying with tracer after going on a terrible losing streak. I've been getting minimum 50 eliminations on koth maps with her

Never see you guys on except that Friday that I played against your 6 stack after the match it kicked me out so I just left. It was like 3am here

Lol that was my goal I remember taking out nds teleporter as soon as it was up. My team wasn't very good though got stomped when we were pushing the payload
Your tracer is great, just the team didnt follow up with better dive comp. They were all spread out for my picking lol (im pharah)
I remember Pooh was like "Get Cappa! Get Cappa!" :p
Usually people seem to show up after 7PM EST.
Yea, usually I cook/eat/walk dog around 5-8. I probably have time in between waiting for my meal to be reheated (if im not cooking new dishes) but then i don't want to join up for just one game and be gone afterward. thats why im not on until after 7 or 8pm est.

Just lost because my team chat stopped working after round swap and I couldn't co-ordinate as Reinhardt.

Team was chatty and made calls too. Bunch of bullshit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
We need 3 players on point to cap at the max speed. Even with two we almost made it, that dumbass reaper threw away a sure win.

Start of my bad weekend right there. Wiped the other team, 4 alive... 2 on the point. We lost by .5m.

Always thought SR should take into account objective scores. I.E. Objective kills, time on objective, etc. As a bonus to win/lose.

Prelude.

So, I changed my GPU and since I now have an AMD card I can't use fast sync anymore.

What are the best in-game settings (fullscreen/borderless, triple/reduced buffering, fps cap) for no tearing and little to no input lag on a 60hz monitor?

komaruR

So, I changed my GPU and since I now have an AMD card I can't use fast sync anymore.

What are the best in-game settings (fullscreen/borderless, triple/reduced buffering, fps cap) for no tearing and little to no input lag on a 60hz monitor?

i think no vsync, lower graphic setting until fps can achieve around 120+ steady
thats what i do on my old pc, i7 920, gtx 660, 60hz monitor machine. sadly if i stream, there will be tearing. no tearing if i dont stream on that machine.

otherwise get a freesync monitor.

Prelude.

i think no vsync, lower graphic setting until fps can achieve around 120+ steady
thats what i do on my old pc, i7 920, gtx 660, 60hz monitor machine. sadly if i stream, there will be tearing. no tearing if i dont stream on that machine.

otherwise get a freesync monitor.
Framerate is not an issue, I'd just like to know what people use to have the least amount possible of input lag with no tearing, since I've never used the in-game options.

KiraFA37

I really shouldn't have a bought a Switch and Zelda: Breath of the Wild this weekend. It is eating into my precious Overwatch time. I'll be back on thursday guys.

Had a great weekend on my main account (whiny/toxic teammates were still there but at least we scraped some wins out with some of them), teammates were on point for the most part... Yesterday randomly got invited to a 4 man group, which I feel like they carried me but it was nice having a delegated role and not worry about the DPS role.

Halfway to masters, but there's no way I can keep it up, Blizzard will find a way to screw me over. I have a 60% win rate currently, there's no fucking way Blizzard will let me keep this streak going. It's an anomaly that shouldn't exist according to Blizzard.

Yeah. I get on pretty early during the week. My job has me getting up pretty early so I have to start before prime time to get any Overwatch in.

Lowest input lag: full screen no V-sync. You will get tearing and stutter, but it is technically the best setup for hitscan and twitch shooters.

Borderless: your best option probably. Little input lag, less tearing and stable frame timings (less stutter). You might get fps drops depending on your hardware

Full screen v-sync: don't bother. Insane lag, no tearing and smooth experience; it might lock the framerate though.

G-sync monitor in full screen is probably the best setup you can get, but you need an Nvidia GPU.

antitrop

Halfway to masters, but there's no way I can keep it up, Blizzard will find a way to screw me over. I have a 60% win rate currently, there's no fucking way Blizzard will let me keep this streak going. It's an anomaly that shouldn't exist according to Blizzard.
YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!

n6Emx1o.png

I thought as soon as I reached Masters, my win streak would come to a sudden halt, but it really did not. My entire goal for the season was just to get Masters and not drop back to Diamond, but the gravy train just kept rolling and now I'm almost GM.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!

n6Emx1o.png

I thought as soon as I reached Masters, my win streak would come to a sudden halt, but it really did not. My entire goal for the season was just to get Masters and not drop back to Diamond, but the gravy train just kept rolling and now I'm almost GM.

How, damnit how?

I felt like I kept up with you when we played some placements together and all but then you just took off like a rocket while I'm back where I was the last two seasons lol.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!

n6Emx1o.png

Niiiice. I am four points away from ranking up, and on a win streak too; I am afraid of going in comp again without a really good team/stack.

antitrop

How, damnit how?

I felt like I kept up with you when we played some placements together and all but then you just took off like a rocket while I'm back where I was the last two seasons lol.

My luck has actually been insane this season, as far as teammates go. In ~40 games, I've only had 2 leavers/griefers and the rest of the games have all been mostly nice teams that have mics and are coordinating and joking around and all that good shit.

In S2, it felt like 1/4 of my games would have some kind of trash teammate that just wanted to lose from hero select, but not this season. S3 I barely even bothered to play, because I was so defeated from S2.

antitrop

Are you only playing Mercy?
Not really, but she is my most played character for the season, for sure.

qIYnXB4.png

On 2CP/Hybrid maps, I usually play Lucio on attack and Mercy or Zen on defense. I don't like playing Lucio, but you need that speed boost for the chokes. I don't mind doing it for attack, but I won't play Lucio on defense.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!

n6Emx1o.png

@_@ that's insane. Remember us when you get to GM!

I kept my goal low this season, I struggled so much last season to get to diamond (barely got there like 3 weeks before the season ended). My goal for this season was just to get to diamond and stay there. I'm not used to the level of intensity of matches right now, haven't had a game where we just steamroll, it's so different than the mid-plat life. Every team encounter now feels like the last ditch effort push in overtime. I can only play like 2-3 games in a row now before I have to take a break, wears me down too much! I can only fathom the pressure in masters/GM...

EDIT: I should clarify, the intensity might of been due to being in a 5 stack yesterday. I haven't tried solo-queue past 3100...

Top Bottom