• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

It's already constrained by being the most situational ult in the game. No other hero has an ult that they literally cannot use - as in pressing Q does nothing - without certain criteria already existing on the field.

Wanna' combat rez? Kill Mercy first

or

Bait it out with a double kill - any Mercy worth her salt will pop it for a 2x - then wipe 'em.

Its previous incarnation rendered Mercy C orB tier because no other hero had an ult that was the equivalent of walking onto the point, putting a gun to their own head and saying to their team "make it count - I'll be right back!" Bang!

Yeah.

Not to mention that if you use your ult economy well you can use them to help wipe up a 5 man rez.

Had it happen a few times where everytime I would get a 4 man off the enemy team had a McRee with dead eye ready to take em out.

Just gotta git gud.

Chance

Yeah.

Not to mention that if you use your ult economy well you can use them to help wipe up a 5 man rez.

Had it happen a few times where everytime I would get a 4 man off the enemy team had a McRee with dead eye ready to take em out.

Just gotta git gud.

Mmhm. A Huge Rez means they're usually all grouped up enough that Zarya's about to score a perfect Gravitron.

Mmhm. A Huge Rez means they're usually all grouped up enough that Zarya's about to score a perfect Gravitron.

Haha.

Which is why I always try to tell my team to try to take the point without ults first. If they die, I Rez and we have ults and maybe they don't.

LiK

Sometimes Rez is def a set up for enemy team Ults. I think we've had that happen a few times in Comp. McCree's Ult is the worst.

Sometimes Rez is def a set up for enemy team Ults. I think we've had that happen a few times in Comp. McCree's Ult is the worst.

Yeah.

It's happened a few times. I think it's just they were better at flanking.

I think we just need to.worknon call outs instead of saying behind call.out the unique location.

Something I definitely need to work on.

I always get asked for heals over the mic and I ask where they are at and they can never discribe where they are.

I like Anne's guide but I wish she'd do one for Zelda.

Or at least a guide to how to stop playing Zelda long enough to get back on OW.

LiK

Yeah.

It's happened a few times. I think it's just they were better at flanking.

I think we just need to.worknon call outs instead of saying behind call.out the unique location.

Something I definitely need to work on.

I always get asked for heals over the mic and I ask where they are at and they can never discribe where they are.

I think if enemy teams have McCrees or Zaryas, we should def be more wary of doing team rezzes on point. I also have to disagree with some Gaffers who request to stay grouped up later in a match if some heroes on enemy team haven't used their Ults. It's just us waiting to be destroyed.

Oxn

I do think Mercy's Rez will get a nerf. The rez right now is way too much of a solo game changer. Longer to charge or shorter range on it. Where teams have to die either much closer to each other, or it can't be built up in basically a minute round.

Better not. Thats my climbing hero atm

LiK

I do think mercy could stand to have her ult charge slower personally. Its just too fast and easy to get.

It should probably get a 15% increase charge rate like Orisa. It def charges too fast considering how powerful it is. I'm not even a good Mercy and I can get it so quickly.

It is, yes. But they would need to buff her beam, then.

maybe 5-10% increase healing while the Ult charge is slower by 15%. I think that balances it out.

I think if enemy teams have McCrees or Zaryas, we should def be more wary of doing team rezzes on point. I also have to disagree with some Gaffers who request to stay grouped up later in a match if some heroes on enemy team haven't used their Ults. It's just us waiting to be destroyed.

I think it depends on our comp. If we have a zen who I rezzed and they didn't use their Ult yet that will save us. I did that once when Owzers rezzed us.

It's hard to know when to use tho. I typically don't try to do as many big rezzes as I used to. I always try to weigh our amount of people vs theirs and if a Rez will give us the edge. Also if a Mercy rezzes on their end I will sometimes Rez as well to keep it even, especially on payload.

I agree on grouping up for too long. It's like we just need to go with the strategy... Stop thinking about it we just wasted 15 seconds trying to think/debate it! I'm just the Mercy! I'm following you guys!

It is, yes. But they would need to buff her beam, then.

She's not in a position to just get a flat nerf right now, but Rez does charge too fast.

I believe that is the reasoning in the first place for the buff. It just had Mercy's sitting on these things and not really.impacring the play.

I think she is fine where she is. Maybe some minor tweaks but there's nothing I would change about her right now. Her entire kit is built around her team.

Oxn

I think it depends on our comp. If we have a zen who I rezzed and they didn't use their Ult yet that will save us. I did that once when Owzers rezzed us.

It's hard to know when to use tho. I typically don't try to do as many big rezzes as I used to. I always try to weigh our amount of people vs theirs and if a Rez will give us the edge. Also if a Mercy rezzes on their end I will sometimes Rez as well to keep it even, especially on payload.

I agree on grouping up for too long. It's like we just need to go with the strategy... Stop thinking about it we just wasted 15 seconds trying to think/debate it! I'm just the Mercy! I'm following you guys!

I believe that is the reasoning in the first place for the buff. It just had Mercy's sitting on these things and not really.impacring the play.

I think she is fine where she is. Maybe some minor tweaks but there's nothing I would change about her right now. Her entire kit is built around her team.

Agree on CPs, if i see that i can gain an advantage like a 6v5 and make sure we either capture or defend the area i would often even rez one guys

LiK

Yea, sometimes I feel like we think too much about what to do instead of just playing. It wastes a lot of time. That's probably why sometimes we don't do that well in 2CP maps especially on Point B on Attack. There's a lot of discussion about what to do sometimes instead of just pushing in. We should always just rush right in after A and see how it goes. If we all die, then we can retry again but I hate when people hold back directly after A is capped. It gives the enemy team too much time to set up.

Not saying this is just our own group's thing. Seen it happen with other groups. People are just afraid to take a risk.

Chance

It should probably get a 15% increase charge rate like Orisa. It def charges too fast considering how powerful it is. I'm not even a good Mercy and I can get it so quickly.

maybe 5-10% increase healing while the Ult charge is slower by 15%. I think that balances it out.

That's very dependent on your team though. Kinda' like Lucio's ult.

I wonder how his ult charge rate is gonna' be with the changes? I could see it being a lot harder to build with a smaller AoE for healing.

Agree on CPs, if i see that i can gain an advantage like a 6v5 and make sure we either capture or defend the area i would often even rez one guys

Yup. I have had a few times with a one man rez that helped us get the point.

Yea, sometimes I feel like we think too much about what to do instead of just playing. It wastes a lot of time. That's probably why sometimes we don't do that well in 2CP maps especially on Point B on Attack. There's a lot of discussion about what to do sometimes instead of just pushing in. We should always just rush right in after A and see how it goes. If we all die, then we can retry again but I hate when people hold back directly after A is capped. It gives the enemy team too much time to set up.

Not saying this is just our own group's thing. Seen it happen with other groups. People are just afraid to take a risk.

I'm always ready to rush to the next point.

I think strategy is fine just that it takes too long to debate. Owzers just take point. DPS do damage from behind Owzers or flank! I'll do my best to keep you guys healed.

Trust in the heal!

LiK

Yup. I have had a few times with a one man rez that helped us get the point.

I'm always ready to rush to the next point.

I think strategy is fine just that it takes too long to debate. Owzers just take point. DPS do damage from behind Owzers or flank! I'll do my best to keep you guys healed.

Trust in the heal!

Trust the DPS as well!

Trust the DPS as well!

Uhhh why do you think I'm.always buffing you? Keeping DPS alive first before Tanks.

Gotta keep the front moving!

I don't think that you hold back but there have been plenty of DPS that have just stood there at the like not pushing as I'm buffing healing them. It's like move! I got you!

LiK

Uhhh why do you think I'm.always buffing you? Keeping DPS alive first before Tanks.

Gotta keep the front moving!

I don't think that you hold back but there have been plenty of DPS that have just stood there at the like not pushing as I'm buffing healing them. It's like move! I got you!

I know, I feel the boost.

I have trust issues with everyone in this game....in solo queue.

Solo Q is the worst.

Jellie

Being super aggro seems to work a fair amount of the time for me since it catches so many teams off guard. They expect you to toy around at the choke but once you charge in, they all scatter and die separately

That rein was insanely lucky tbh. Didn't die when walled off, dunno why enemy rein didn't charge him. Then when he charged he booped the rein into his charge as well as bouncing himself off the wall into the rein.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Mercy's Rez is as game changing as Zarya's, but half the recharge time. It's not always going to be up, the best counters to it have much longer recharge times(Easiest is having your own Mercy). I think a pretty good knock up on the recharge time is in order. Increasing time and reducing range.

Where I feel they should improve the character is on the Charge beam. When using charge beam, it gives herself and her partner a damage reduction and a reduction in CC(While grounded). Doesn't help the Merc/Pharah combo then, but helps everyone else. Or a boost in movement speed to both units. Something that makes it an actual choice to use between the situation.

We need a good Winston

i played winston during comp because it was like something that was needed during the game. i forgot how fun he was. jumping and meleeing and shocking people but LMFAO i haven't played him in awhile so we were on illios lighthouse and i swear the door grew bigger when i leaped trying to hit the top of the ceiling so i can i 360 on top of the enemy but somehow managed to fly right out the door into the cliff. luck was on my side the second time on the wells stage. i got knocked into the well and i had 1 second CD left and managed to jump back out. lul.

Cappa

Banned
Komaru is a pretty good with Winston, iirc. He just doesn't play him much in Comp.
I like his Pharah running something like mercy s76/tracer zen/Lucio Winston rein/zarya Pharah/Genji especially on those payload maps I think we'd have some good success

Gorillaz

I don't think mercy needs the nerf in terms of rez at this point because now the invincibility of the ult gives her a choice to make. If's she's getting targeted use it to save her self and get a single/2 man rez? Or just die and hope the team can bring it back.

I realized this alot yesturday when I was targeting her a bit more as winston on illos with the score at the 90s for both of us. The mercy player did a panick rez to save themselves to keep the healing going since the other healer was down and it was just the 2/3 of them on point.

Seeing alot of panick rezs that sometime cost the battle. It was kinda genius to give her that.

Solo Q ain't so bad during the week.

Never doing weekend comp again.

I thought this was bullshit and than i dropped 500 cp this weekend... Crazy...

But then someone also gained 500cp over the weekend

People thought I was joking with that weekend comp stuff. I only get on if it's a buddy and were playing maybe for an hour or 2. Otherwise it's playing everything else and SP games lol. Told dude on friends list that it's all horizon and Dark Souls dlc last weekend.

LiK

I like his Pharah running something like mercy s76/tracer zen/Lucio Winston rein/zarya Pharah/Genji especially on those payload maps I think we'd have some good success

Yea, Komaru might be the best Pharah in our group. I prefer him sticking with her for our sessions. Works real well most of the time.

As Soldier, I like that Komaru can distract the other Pharah so I can go kill her or he can kill her himself.

DevilDog

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck genji sword hit detection.

Why does it have to be server side? Fuck server side anything.

Get nanod -> miss 3 slashes cause fuck you, whole team pays for it.

Was looking back at some vods and came across this.
This was a couple of games before I got masters so high diamond. No idea what he is doing.

Sometimes it seems that some people still can't understand that they should die after losing the battle/point so they can respawn with the rest of the team. Staying alive in that position doesn't help the team in any way.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck genji sword hit detection.

Why does it have to be server side? Fuck server side anything.

Get nanod -> miss 3 slashes cause fuck you, whole team pays for it.

Yeah this shit throws me off so much.

Top Bottom