• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Anne

Will you guys accept a 2100ish mercy main. Im EST.

Edit: this is PC right?

This is open to all PC player regardless of skill level. Just looking to do some fun community games. We'll do our best to balance the teams out.

Oxn

This is open to all PC player regardless of skill level. Just looking to do some fun community games. We'll do our best to balance the teams out.

But will it be comp or just QP and arcade? Im up for whatever on sundays, anytime.

Forgot my battle.net id right now.

ZangBa

I feel that quality of matches recently has really deteoriated in comp for me. People throwing very often now, and I don't mean people picking Torb on attack, but people literally announcing in team chat that they are throwing and yelling at the top of their lungs at people. The yelling and whining has increased by about 1000%.

Oxn

I feel that quality of matches recently has really deteoriated in comp for me. People throwing very often now, and I don't mean people picking Torb on attack, but people literally announcing in team chat that they are throwing and yelling at the top of their lungs at people. The yelling and whining has increased by about 1000%.

Im having the opposite experience actually. s3 was full of throwers and leavers. Rarely am i getting that now.

In bronze and low silver, you either roflstomp the enemy or they roflstomp you. Now that im in gold, their is so much more communication and every game is close.

ZangBa

Im having the opposite experience actually. s3 was full of throwers and leavers. Rarely am i getting that now.

In bronze and low silver, you either roflstomp the enemy or they roflstomp you. Now that im in gold, their is so much more communication and every game is close.

I've been in diamond since season 2 and personally, I don't care about climbing further so I don't play comp much. So far, this season has definitely been the most "toxic" I guess. I don't understand why so many people thinking yelling and blaming each other is going to help them win.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought High DPI, Low Sens is how most peeps play OW?

Low sens is good on most characters but characters who I play a lot like Winston, Reinhardt and Lucio don't benefit that much from it. Lucio benefits from the high sens for being able to see your turns quickly and switching downward to fire at the enemy for example. The only heroes I play a lot that I go lower for and do decently is Torbjorn and Genji but even Genji's a little weird because I need high sens to track people with dragonblade but low sens to hit my shuriken more easily

i play at 1800 DPI/2 ingame/3 for Lucio and 4 for Winston and Reinhardt. One of the best Winstons(Miro) has fairly high sens for a pro player and DSPStanky also has high sens compared to a lot of streamers. Numlocked also has 1600 DPI and 7 in-game sens

It's customs with comp rules probably. The inhouse ideally should be 6 GAF vs 6 GAF :>

If it's all in-house, is there a way where we can all be in the same voice chat? I would need to vent my frustrations toward you directly while you dance all around me.

Anne

If it's all in-house, is there a way where we can all be in the same voice chat? I would need to vent my frustrations toward you directly while you dance all around me.

Discord. We can do games with separate comms for teams, some without, it don't matter.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
People are mostly terrible in online games across the board, but yeah, it's on the rise in Overwatch for whatever reason. And it's such an easy game too.

When I posted in here for an Xbox One group up over a week back, I was in a six-stack for the first time ever, and it was great with no losses, including a comeback win when we were down 0-2. Play the next day with a five-stack with some guys from a Looking For Gamers group and it was horrible. These guys weren't as good, but the one open spot was always someone doing who knows what, and then leaves.

Even in QP I was running solo and had a three-stack group that did nothing but run into the enemy and stand still saying hello and dying. From the very start.

Why.

I wonder if people just have nothing else going on in their lives to waste it like that. It was whatever though, since I ended up getting The Floor is Lava achievement legit twice over since the enemy team and I still kept fighting.

Anne

Me 6 months ago: Picks Winston with PB spray and emote, jumps into enemy team for kills, sprays and emotes for the memes

me now: have looked at Miro spots and timings, put in effort testing my limits, using buffed as hell Winston with like an 80% winrate in comp.

I was already beasting with this hero before the buff and now after I am just feeling extremely validated lol

Had some good matches in comp with GAF tonight. Held it down as Pharah for a bit.

Probably should have switched back to Mercy in our last game tho...

EDIT:

Also trying to get together PS4 customs as well! I think we have plenty to pull it off!

I made a poll below so we can setup the best night. Please vote PS4 people! Don't let all the PC folk have the fun!

https://goo.gl/2Tp07J

Anne

Also trying to get together PS4 customs as well! I think we have plenty to pull it off!

I made a poll below so we can setup the best night. Please vote PS4 people! Don't let all the PC folk have the fun!

Y'all are welcome to use the discord for any of this stuff too if you want.

I'm only level 16, and pretty new.

They are open invite, it's all about fun. If you're that new we'll try our best to balance teams, or you can come spectate until you feel ready to play.

Y'all are welcome to use the discord for any of this stuff too if you want.

They are open invite, it's all about fun. If you're that new we'll try our best to balance teams, or you can come spectate until you feel ready to play.

Oh I'll play. Just saying, I think I'm getting pretty good at a few 😀 plus getting my ads kicked Will make me better.

Woo, I'm done for the night. Had my best games as Dva, Junk and Mercy tonight. Actually had good teams in quickplay tonight, like a few in a row which was really cool.

edit: Is there a way to save highlights?

Owzers

Had some good matches in comp with GAF tonight. Held it down as Pharah for a bit.

Probably should have switched back to Mercy in our last game tho...

EDIT:

Last game we probably could have used a hog to hook Winston/dva behind my shield.

81SQI83jclL._SL1500_.jpg

So who is the hero with the swords? Is this just promo art?

Looks like a really cool hero.

pizzacat

Banned

how would one team coordinate the bastion push

scout is literally right there between rein and tracer just give me this one character blizz

Blues1990

The development team had designed numerous filler heroes that are there for illustration purposes. On occasion, there is the rare chance that hero could become playable (Hello, Doomfist!) if there is a big enough positive response.

ohkay

Did Winston design Tracer's pistols? His Tesla Cannon has the same reload mech as Pulse Pistols.
Think so, because her pulse bomb looks like winston's shield projector

So how does the skill decay work this season? I have to play 7 games a week?

Well, I went nowhere tonight.

I had three games with the same guy, Drew. He tried his best to throw all three games and on the third game I went so hard as Soldier not even he could throw it away.

Everyone in all chat was so mad at him for just walking away from the 2-2 teamfight on Oasis.

Then the rest of the night was back and forth games that narrowly ended in victory or defeat.

I don't get why people can't communicate and instead choose to argue :/

valeo

Any Aussie players that are looking to group up?

I usually play support - Ana, Lucio. Soldier76, Pharah or Zarya at a pinch.

67D3FCE0F3E1CC7143C2D537A2BCF3B6C3AAFD7A

thanks to annes guide to ow

I too followed this strict regiment, and saw results immediately. Thanks Anne!
Edit: good lord the win streak was real. Started off the night 3316. 243 SR for 4 games...

lpwFdZu.jpg

But seriously thank Owzers for the last two games to get me there!

valeo

Any Aussie players that are looking to group up?

I usually play support - Ana, Lucio. Soldier76, Pharah or Zarya at a pinch.

I play with a guy who's ranked around 2600 (Soldier, Roadhog), and another who's at around 2800 (Rein, Ana, Mercy, Reaper) but I'm at around 2100-ish.

Veelk

Banned
So I've been away from the game for a while.

What's everyone's conclusion on how Orisa plays? I'm gonna start trying her out soon.

Top Bottom