• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Our 3 stack is on its way to GM. Hopefully we get it by the end of the week. I don't think we have lost in weeks on console. We each gained like 100 SR today

Myself: 3633
Friend A: 3690
Friend B: 3813

Hopefully we start getting huge SR gains since myself and friend A our on a different win streak then friend B.

Anne

I usually can't play until 9PM EST. :(

Was specifically asked to do EU friendly times :<

People can discuss setting this one up later if they want, or we can plan one week to do something with NA peeps at a later time provided enough people are down.

TheOddOne

Jeff, pls stalp.

C8nSqaXWAAMi8ak.jpg:large

Trickster

So I changed my battletag because no one knew how to pronounce it, and it's kind of an older nickname anyway.

Now I have the issue that on sites like overbuff and masteroverwatch, my old battletag doesn't get updated with new data, and the new battletag can't be found on them. I can't remember if you have to add them manually, but I can't seem to find where to do that anyway.

NeoRaider

I see that many ppl on the internet are sad because Jeff confirmed that Zarya is not getting new skin for next event but there will probably be some kind of 1 Year Anniversary event at the end of the next month.

Trickster

I see that many ppl are sad because Jeff confirmed that Zarya is not getting new skin for next event but there will probably be some kind of 1 Year Anniversary event at the end of the next month.

He does say that she will get one shortly after the next event. Hopefully it's actually worth getting this one

Whatever the next Zarya skin is, I hope it significantly changes up her hair. Zarya rules with long hair. Thunder Guard and Weightlifter are faaantastic looks for her.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had a great competitive match with Mercy bae, almost teared up when the other team voted me in the after match screen. ;_;
Got 32% team damage health

Banzai

Had a great competitive match with Mercy bae, almost teared up when the other team voted me in the after match screen. ;_;
Got 32% team damage health

I always wonder if those kinds of number mean that I did well or that the other team did horribly.
I got 67% once and couldn't help but ask the enemy team if they even used leftclick.

Trickster

I always wonder if those kinds of number mean that I did well or that the other team did horribly.
I got 67% once and couldn't help but ask the enemy team if they even used leftclick.

Yeah it can definitely be hard to tell. I think it can vary from stuff like you doing well, your team doing well, the enemy team doing poorly, and also a bit of everything.

Marvel

could never
I just discovered this game, man it is good. My favorite is Sombra nearly rank 25 so I can finally start playing comp.

Jellie

They are now onto the 18th Dva balance megathread in the official forums discussing what Jeff said about her pick rate in the gamespot interview...

NeoRaider

First, the April 11 event – sometimes referred to by fans as the omnic crisis, or King’s Row uprising – will be the game’s first in-universe event. Previously, events were seasonal and tied to real-world festivities like the holidays, Chinese New Year and so on.

“We’ve heard the call that a lot of players want a non-real-world-tied event, meaning they want some sort of set event in the Overwatch world,” game director Jeff Kaplan told PCGamesN.

Kaplan also confirmed that there’s going to be a playable element to the omnic crisis event, though he would not say if this will manifest itself in a new mode or map. “The event is going to be something – when players see the event and play the event, I think they’ll see that we’ve been listening to their feedback,” Kaplan added.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/04/05/overwatchs-april-11-omnic-crisis-event-will-have-a-playable-component/

Also:

After fans were sure Overwatch‘s next hero would be Doomfist, given all the teasers, it turned out this wasn’t quite the plan. We did get Orisa instead.

But, the wait for the next hero – who may or may not be Doomfist, will not be as long as these tend to be. Game director Jeff Kaplan knows who the hero is going to be, and though he isn’t divulging any details, he did confirm that he or she is “very far along in development.”

“Yes! I absolutely know who the next hero is going to be,” Kaplan told IBTimes.

“The next hero is very far along in development, so we’re at the point where we’re doing art for that hero, we’re doing a lot of aggressive play-testing. We know what that hero, what the abilities are and how they interact, so we’re at that point.”

http://www.vg247.com/2017/04/05/the-next-overwatch-hero-is-very-far-along-in-development-says-kaplan/

Cappa

Banned
Is everyone on PS4 GAF masters yet?
Abdabaddi and Optimusprime are grandmasters.

ND, biscuit and batman were masters last season.

I was 30 pts last season and 60 this season from master.

Generally the regulars I play with are all near or at diamond. Pinku is the only gold I know but Idk if he's from gaf or just Owzers friend

Generally the regulars I play with are all near or at diamond. Pinku is the only gold I know but Idk if he's from gaf or just Owzers friend

in the ps4 version is region selection done by the user like in PC?

Cappa

Banned
in the ps4 version is region selection done by the user like in PC?
Unfortunately no and I'm still unsure how it works when you are in a group. For example I live in Europe but I play with lots of Americans since I used to live in the US. Sometimes we're grouped with other Europeans sometimes with Americans and we have no idea why.

I had a theory that it's whoever the group leader is but that's definitely not true. I think using a VPN is the only way to play in other regions on PS4 or grouping up with people from other regions and just getting lucky to play in whatever region.

That's partly why I don't like solo Qing because I don't like playing with Europeans and KSAs lol

LiK

Sometimes I feel like it depends on group leaders when it comes to servers. Not too sure. I'm happy being in Diamond only. Dropped down due to some shitty games this season but I'm playing with a fun GAF group most of the time.

FgSRxdm.jpg

We've had a few takes to the poll only about 6 people have said which days are best for them to play. Keep an open mind for days tho so we can get this to happen. Once we get enough votes for a day I'll start putting together a possible roster of players and we can have GAF vs GAF on PS4!

The poll is below.

https://goo.gl/2Tp07J

Posting again for the early PS4 gamers here.

hypernima

Banned
Sometimes I feel like it depends on group leaders when it comes to servers. Not too sure. I'm happy being in Diamond only. Dropped down due to some shitty games this season but I'm playing with a fun GAF group most of the time.

I'm pretty sure the group can get to Masters, we have a pretty good DPS pool, so we never have to worry about that.

I have to get more serious when playing comp, I realize I have a little too much fun while I mean to play more seriously.

Y'all should see me next thursday.

LiK

I thought so too but I grouped with pooh yesterday, I was the group leader and everyone else on our teams were American.

Oh ok, I guess it doesn't work like Destiny PVP. Whoever is group leader determines the servers.

I'm pretty sure the group can get to Masters, we have a pretty good DPS pool, so we never have to worry about that.

I have to get more serious when playing comp, I realize I have a little too much fun while I mean to play more seriously.

I'm taking a break this week due to Persona 5. Hopefully I can get through it in a week. I'll be back for next week's OW event for sure.

I notice some Gaffers like to start switching off when we were on a win streak and you have no idea how stressed out that makes me feel. It only makes the matches more of struggle and feels like people are throwing for the hell of it even if that's not what they wanna do. Which is why I said I want only the most basic of team comps and not experimental ones.

Unfortunately no and I'm still unsure how it works when you are in a group. For example I live in Europe but I play with lots of Americans since I used to live in the US. Sometimes we're grouped with other Europeans sometimes with Americans and we have no idea why.

I had a theory that it's whoever the group leader is but that's definitely not true. I think using a VPN is the only way to play in other regions on PS4 or grouping up with people from other regions and just getting lucky to play in whatever region.

That's partly why I don't like solo Qing because I don't like playing with Europeans and KSAs lol

why unfortunately? region hopping should never be allowed unless servers for an entire continent go down or you are in a group. you shouldnt ever be allowed to solo queue outside of your region on a regular basis

Cappa

Banned
why unfortunately? region hopping should never be allowed unless servers for an entire continent go down or you are in a group. you shouldnt ever be allowed to solo queue outside of your region on a regular basis
Why not? You can do it for pretty much any multi-player game on pc. What reasoning do you give against it besides lag?

Hell, even rocket league on console lets you do it.

Yeah man we need to go hard.

Its why I always stick with Mercy... Im ready to win. QP and Customs is where the experimentation goes.

LiK

Yeah man we need to go hard.

Its why I always stick with Mercy... Im ready to win. QP and Customs is where the experimentation goes.

Be happy I'm not on mic to yell at people who are constantly teasing to switch to some hero they don't play much *coughOwzerscough*

Why not? You can do it for pretty much any multi-player game on pc. What reasoning do you give against it besides lag?

Hell, even rocket league on console lets you do it.

lag is a huge reason, especially with the trash netcode in overwatch. this being a team game, its no fun having half your team be non English speaking koreans who dont even know how to properly use push 2 talk and instead just have their mic permanently on. they also happen to be the absolute worst fps players ive ever seen and even with the ridiculous hitboxes and press a single button to kill abilities manage to be completely useless even at the master level

Cappa

Banned
lag is a huge reason, especially with the trash netcode in overwatch. this being a team game, its no fun having half your team be non English speaking koreans who dont even know how to properly use push 2 talk and instead just have their mic permanently on. they also happen to be the absolute worst fps players ive ever seen and even with the ridiculous hitboxes and press a single button to kill abilities manage to be completely useless even at the master level
But you still have the option on pc and some games on console also let you do it.

Language isn't an issue because there are people who never use mics either and speak perfect English I just don't see your reasoning behind not allowing someone to play in other regions. My connection is good enough where I'm getting 80-90 ping on East Coast us servers living in Europe.

I'm Plat on PS4, but closer to the Gold side of Plat than the Diamond side. Sitting at around 2560 currently - mostly because I've barely played competitive this season thanks to Horizon and now Persona.

I also made my Persona protag the long lost third Shimada brother so I haven't forgotten OW. It's gonna be a struggle next week balancing the event and Persona.

hypernima

Banned
Oh ok, I guess it doesn't work like Destiny PVP. Whoever is group leader determines the servers.

I'm taking a break this week due to Persona 5. Hopefully I can get through it in a week. I'll be back for next week's OW event for sure.

I notice some Gaffers like to start switching off when we were on a win streak and you have no idea how stressed out that makes me feel. It only makes the matches more of struggle and feels like people are throwing for the hell of it even if that's not what they wanna do. Which is why I said I want only the most basic of team comps and not experimental ones.

Does that mean I have to play Tracer forever :(

Chance

I'm Plat on PS4, but closer to the Gold side of Plat than the Diamond side. Sitting at around 2560 currently - mostly because I've barely played competitive this season thanks to Horizon and now Persona.

I also made my Persona protag the long lost third Shimada brother so I haven't forgotten OW. It's gonna be a struggle next week balancing the event and Persona.

I too abandoned Overwatch for Horizon and Gravity Rush 2. It's really good to be back.
My solution: Persona will still be awesome when I get to it in a few months.

That's a weird way to make a smile.

LiK

You play your best heroes in Comp especially in a stack unless you want your group to get steamrolled or struggle. You don't see me switching over to my lesser used heroes for the hell of it. I will play them in QP until I'm proficient with them. This is why I only stick with a handful of heroes in Comp.

If Tracer is your best hero then please play her more. Vault used to be our Tracer main and he was destroying teams with her which helped us climb in our duo queues.

Yes.

Like LiK said practice others in QP.

Comp is super serious. So why take a chance?

It's probably good to have two characters you can play from different areas incase our comp doesn't make any sense.

Also PS4 GAF is currently dead with everyone getting their Persona on. I think i only had like 3 GAFers on at all yesterday.

playing widow more to improve my scoped accuracy. some days i'm good other times im terrible. sometimes 3 people come chasing me. let me kill in peace please.

Top Bottom