• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Hopefully we will also get that Ana. She looks so much better there compared to the young and "super old" ana.

Seriously...when people said they wanted non-holiday skins I doubt blue shirt day was what they had in mind.

As a Rein/Mercy main you really shouldn't complain :p

Marvel

could never
Who should I watch on YT to learn more about the game and it's Heroes? Feel a bit lost, this game is deep.

Chance

Genji accuracy is extremely important, but the number will be a bit lower sometimes cause you do just spam M1 a lot. If you can hit close-mid range M1 consistently you just melt people.

A Genji wrecked me the other day with just shirukens (alt-fire). Took him 3 throws.

I was like "it does THAT much damage?!"

Veelk

Banned
I wish soldier would get deleted from the game.

A lot of people say that as an exaggerated joke. I'm not joking. I actually, truly wish he'd just get patched out.

Chance

I wish soldier would get deleted from the game.

A lot of people say that as an exaggerated joke. I'm not joking. I actually, truly wish he'd just get patched out.

Me too. With every other hero there's a range at which I can comfortably engage them - kind of a dead zone - but Soldier's only blind spot is like, behind him.

Though the same could be said of McCree I suppose.

LiK

Your Overwatch and Overwatch Central are good places to start.

Or just go on Twitch and find a streamer that mains heroes you want to learn more about.

Thanks!

Having a blast with Sombra, doung really well but I will beed to learn the maps better and other heroes for a better team balance.

yup, those are good YT channels to learn basics as well as the advanced guides. They also keep up with the OW news.

Jellie

Thanks!

Having a blast with Sombra, doung really well but I will beed to learn the maps better and other heroes for a better team balance.

For Sombra would recomend watching Codey
twitch.tv/codeyniku
He just finished streaming a few hours ago but you can watch some old videos. He also just wrecked Taimou who is a top tier DPS for one of the top pro teams.

Don't think we have a main. We have proficient players with her but no one who is like holy fuck that person is Zarya.

I'm not even sure who are Zarya mains in our current group. I know some guys play her but I dunno how proficient they are with her.

I have a golden gun with her if that counts...I wouldn't say I'm "wow that's a zarya" though, I'm decent enough to have at least 50%+ win rate on both my accounts with her :p I didn't really play her in QP with you guys, I'm not sure why tbh.

Ultima, I was playing soloq on my alt account last night, you should of duo'd with me :(

Marvel

could never
Nice, once again ty. I just hit Lv. 25 so it's all rather new. I played it for a week at launch but just came back to it now. It has changed, for the better.

DevilDog

This comic was incredible. I'm really beginning to have faith in blizzard's storytelling for the first time after SC1.

I've been watching a lot of Miro lately. Really love the way he plays Rein (and Winston obviously).

The koreans are crazy playing ow, they get really hyped during the game.

LiK

I have a golden gun with her if that counts...I wouldn't say I'm "wow that's a zarya" though, I'm decent enough to have at least 50%+ win rate on both my accounts with her :p I didn't really play her in QP with you guys, I'm not sure why tbh.

Ultima, I was playing soloq on my alt account last night, you should of duo'd with me :(

Time for you to carry us into Masters.

Anne

A Genji wrecked me the other day with just shirukens (alt-fire). Took him 3 throws.

I was like "it does THAT much damage?!"

Genji''s M1 and M2 both deal 84 damage if all of them hit. 168 on headshot. Headshot + melle is 198, with shift it's 218. That's why you see these mechanical god tier Genjis one shotting people.

Anne

I also did placements on my other account. 6-3-1 soloq, one of the losses was my PC crashing RIP. Gonna try to get some good stuff from bonus SR, but this isn't too bad. Ran into pro players in like 6-7 games too ;~;

707ca3f6ea.png

Edit: who I played for them

I also did placements on my other account. 6-3-1 soloq, one of the losses was my PC crashing RIP. Gonna try to get some good stuff from bonus SR, but this isn't too bad. Ran into pro players in like 6-7 games too ;~;

Edit: who I played for them

This guy.

Congrats!

No I'm not salty at all.

Nope....

I need to get a second account for the next season I think.

Trickster

That is IT, I've fucking HAD IT. Why the fuck is it so goddamn hard to fucking shoot at the motherfucking pharah when you are mother fucking solider 76. ARH

Widowmaker everytime i sense shit soldiers from now on

LiK

That is IT, I've fucking HAD IT. Why the fuck is it so goddamn hard to fucking shoot at the motherfucking pharah when you are mother fucking solider 76. ARH

Widowmaker everytime i sense shit soldiers from now on

LOL

I'm so happy I can kill Pharahs consistently with Soldier now. It makes me happy everytime I see it in my kill feed. ^_^

Whats your alt?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sometimes I get the vibe that looking at the kill feed is a skill because some people just seem completely unaware.

Oh yes Mercy origins skin please!

Those caps are so adorable. Why doesn't Rein get one?

LOL

I'm so happy I can kill Pharahs consistently with Soldier now. It makes me happy everytime I see it in my kill feed. ^_^

If she has a Mercy it's a bit of a challenge but yeah, whenever I play S76 Mercy and Pharah are my main targets.

Sometimes I get the vibe that looking at the kill feed is a skill because some people just seem completely unaware.

I'm convinced most gaming keyboards just don't come with a tab button because no one checks for ults and respawn timers. Gaming monitors must not come with a top right screen either.

LiK

WTF? I don't know about all that, I mean ND should be the hard carry!

How are you not all in diamond yet is the real question. You guys are all at minimum low/mid diamond skill level players. Are you guys solo-queuing to death?

ScrubTactician

Haven't played much together, tbh. We had a good winning streak one night but SR didn't go high enough for some of us. I think Komaru reached Diamond finally. P5 is out this week so I'm taking a break.

Anne

I'm going to make an ass out of myself and probably have some people call me elitist as hell, but this is why the Mercy main stereotype thing gets around. Name withheld.

S2:
18d4ae39f8.png

S3:
b40db687d4.png

S4:
8187baf077.png

Playtime this season:
8cc3e286ce.png

This person was /terrible/ for somebody that was in a GM/T500 game with pros about. Like they played Mercy and stood perfectly in the middle of the capture point during fights just casually walking around status. They had to ask before every rez status. GA into Graviton status. There is improvement to be made, but to be made that fast and then show the skills of a plat player? That's a stretch.

This person ended up winning this game btw. Between me and a Pharah going all out we reverse swept on koth to win. This person was very clearly actually boosted by a friend or service using Dynamic Queue, but they can just pick Mercy and pray to god they get carried through matches.

Again, I've played with good Mercy players here before (AJ and Antitrop are both fire), but there are tons of Mercy players at this elo that are hot garbage boosted ass animals who just try and hold onto M1 along with their SR.

Trickster

LOL

I don't even need them to kill the damn pharah, just focus on her constantly, keep her unable to float in the air and nuke us unopposed

I feel like you're implying a chapeau exists that could improve that fabulous mane.

True.

My word,solo ranked is brutal lol

You're not wrong.

WTF? I don't know about all that, I mean ND should be the hard carry!

How are you not all in diamond yet is the real question. You guys are all at minimum low/mid diamond skill level players. Are you guys solo-queuing to death?

THIS. I think I had one evening with a group of SEA players that all asked to stay as a team and we stomped for the rest of the night.

That's about the last time I've gotten a solid evening of queuing with people. Even the people I played with last season aren't playing now :/

Also Anti fucking left me in the dust lol. We played a few placements together and he ended up high diamond and me mid plat :/ I still look at their profile and see the GM rank and it makes me sad...

Top Bottom