• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacquiao vs. Bradley |OT| Hope OR Hype? June 9th 9:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainr_

Considering the circumstances, and how high profile Manny is, this might have been the worst decision in boxing history.

This is why boxing is a joke. The fact that the guy who won has to say "I want to go back and watch the tape to see if I really won the fight" is ridiculous.

That line is what got me. This sport is so ridiculously sketchy.

Heel

iPF8cRQvyuAGW.gif

Dr.Acula

Banned
I had it a draw to be honest... Manny fought for about 12 mins, and ignored 24 mins of the fight.

Bradley can't be ignored for winning those 2 mins of almost every round.

Anyhow, JMM get's his Karma 3 fights too late.

I dunno. It's not like Olympic boxing. Just tapping your opponent and not doing any damage shouldn't count for that much. Clearly Manny controlled the entire fight. Bradley didn't bother him, and Manny was able to do damage at will. One of these guys is waking up sore tomorrow, the other is Manny Pacquiao.

qcf x2

This is why boxing sucks. The fight wasn't even close. I kept wondering why the fuck they were talking about 2 of the 3 referees being horrible. And once I heard the first score 115-112 I just had a bad feeling, because it was nowhere near that close.

Not looking forward to the ribbing from the uneducated among Floyd's fans. You'd think Pacquiao would have earned a little respect but then again this is boxing, lol. Nobody is gonna buy Bradley as a big sell after that fight.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
#RIPBoxing currently the #1 trending topic on Twitter. :jnc

I guess if Manny didn't want to fight Floyd the sneakiest way to get out of it would be to "lose".

Nah this reeks of Arum. He gave Bradley the decision even thought it was clear that Manny won. That's 1-2 more fights not against Mayweather.

JLG-

Remember Bradley came out with the little pass saying the rematch will take place on November 10th. Max Kellerman asked him how he got the Date and Bradley says Top Rank came up with it.

Big headlines tonight about boxing and none of it will be good. At least Manny took it like a sport. worst fix I have seen in a long while.

th3dude

This is why boxing sucks. The fight wasn't even close. I kept wondering why the fuck they were talking about 2 of the 3 referees being horrible. And once I heard the first score 115-112 I just had a bad feeling, because it was nowhere near that close.

Not looking forward to the ribbing from the uneducated among Floyd's fans. You'd think Pacquiao would have earned a little respect but then again this is boxing, lol. Nobody is gonna buy Bradley as a big sell after that fight.

You know, that's a good point. They talked about the judges too much early on.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
don't follow boxing at all, or this match. But saw 10 minutes ago (as the fight was going on) and ESPN's unofficial score was Pac having a huge lead. Like winning every round besides the 1st type of lead.

Then I see this topic, and....sounds off!

Esch

Banned
Remember Bradley came out with the little pass saying the rematch will take place on November 10th. Max Kellerman asked him how he got the Date and Bradley says Top Rank came up with it.

yep. shit was fixed in the beginning. i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the calf talk. and all that shit wasnt manufactured either as a fallback excuse

awful awful decision

the gods of our sport be lookin down from heaven like

JoeLouis1.jpg

Quick

Banned
Skipped the fight to watch the Stanley Cup Finals instead. Seems like I missed something.

So are the Philippines on fire yet?

Probably. On that note, I can't wait to check my Facebook and Twitter feeds.

I'm living in Manila right now and honestly I'm afraid to go outside.

I'm not even there, and I can feel the collective rage all the way here in Toronto. :lol

That's not really that crazy. The big money fighters have their fight dates set up way ahead of time, before who they are fighting is even considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom