• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

TheFatOne

I might leave work early to try and actually start the league on time to try and get a decent start finally. Or I could just play at work and close my office door.

I got a new job working security with a bunch of down time at a site in the middle of no where. I'm hoping I can use an older laptop my sister has and my phones tethering to play today at work. Would be great if I can just play PoE at work this weekend. The goal for me is to get to merciless as fast as possible, and save currency for my upgrades. Once I can get all the flasks I need, and divinarius it's gg. Going to try and farm Uber Lab early as well. If I can get to merciless by tomorrow morning that would be great. Merciless by tomorrow, and lab by Sunday is the goal.

TheFatOne

RIP Servers I can't get back on, and now stuck in queue while GGG sorts this shit out. One day GGG will actually have servers worth a damn. One day.

Rufus

Yeah, I thoughtlessly logged out to skip to town, now I'm fucked. :lol

Oh well, this was to be expected. The price of online games...

Did they update some of the games assets? It seemed like some of the textures in the first few areas looked a little better or I could just be seeing things.

TheFatOne

Yeah, I thoughtlessly logged out to skip to town, now I'm fucked. :lol

Oh well, this was to be expected. The price of online games...
The thing I hate is that because of some bullshit I'm going to lose out on a lot of currency if they can't fix this within the next couple of hours. Such a massive advantage everyone who is currently playing right now have. Especially blade vortex builds :(

Edit: Essentially by the time I start playing people are already going to be in Cruel and worst case scenario Merciless. Shit sucks balls, and now my early league plan is fucked.

The thing I hate is that because of some bullshit I'm going to lose out on a lot of currency if they can't fix this within the next couple of hours. Such a massive advantage everyone who is currently playing right now have. Especially blade vortex builds :(

Yeah. Situations like this really take the fun out of people who like to rush to get a head start. You would think they would understand he impact that new leagues have on the servers by now. Of course all the streamers are doing fine :p

Issue update from Chris:
Our launch has uncovered a big problem where our game instances are taking up ten times as much memory as they did previously on our servers. This is significantly affecting our realm capacity and we have had to impose a queue to prevent users being disconnected while playing. We are working on a solution. We do not have a timeframe yet but will try to get the realm stable and high-capacity as soon as possible. We're very sorry about this! Hopefully you're enjoying the league and new Atlas content if you have managed to log in successfully.

TheFatOne

Yeah. Situations like this really take the fun out of people who like to rush to get a head start. You would think they would understand he impact that new leagues have on the servers by now. Of course all the streamers are doing fine :p

Issue update from Chris:

I pretty much knew Ziggy wouldn't have any issues the second I decided to watch and see. Just super frustrating.

Cerity

Ugh, left my computer on overnight for it to download the update while I asleep. Wake up, check the update - "queued for download at 9:24AM". Gah, at least it seems like there is a queue for getting in.

Servers are all over the place lag wise. They said on the forums that they have some bug that is making instances 10 times as big on accident. They ordered twice the number of servers now to try to get you back in the game.

I would not play hardcore right now.

TheFatOne

Yea GGG has to seriously consider a reset. They should have shut the game down when they were having issues instead of letting people get ahead. Now if you were lucky enough to not dc or have issues you can come out of this with a huge advantage.

Mulgrok

The atlas is giving me credit for completing the new maps that I have not found yet when i do legacy ones. Must be bugged.

FiraB

Banned
Having a good laugh right now, told them this would happen...

Been having a debate with GGG technical team for a while about upgrading the whole backend platform to AWS or Azure to get those horizontal scaling capabilities and get into a more HA environment.

Fully expect a txt later.

Anyone get into the league yet? How's the essence concept working out?

squidyj

Been having a debate with GGG technical team for a while about upgrading the whole backend platform to AWS or Azure to get those horizontal scaling capabilities and get into a more HA environment.

i have looted a number of essences but haven't done anything with them, just been trying to rush. there might be some decent effect rolls in there but nothing's really going to beat +1 skills for my char.

Yea GGG has to seriously consider a reset. They should have shut the game down when they were having issues instead of letting people get ahead. Now if you were lucky enough to not dc or have issues you can come out of this with a huge advantage.

Got DCd one more time went right back into queue and have been stuck in it for the last 25 minutes without it going down much. I think am just going to exit PoE and go home and relax until they figure this stuff out. People were already about to enter cruel when I got DCd so I'd imagine they are hitting the early to mid 40's by now.

Cerity

Might be worth trying other gateways if you're experiencing server issues, playing on the Australian gateway has been pretty flawless so far (other than the initial queue).

I've just made it to A3N while the racers have made it to A4C.

TheFatOne

Couldn't get my mule up and running because of these dumb ass server issues. Was playing ranger but the progress for ranger is so damn slow if you don't have good rng. Wanted to just level firestorm, and fire traps like I always do but cant because I don't have access to those gems. I'm just going to stop playing for a couple of hours and hope for the best later. Hype pretty much killed after dealing with all this bullshit.

It makes whites for armor and jewelry good. I still prefer the old recipes for weapons and things.

Cerity

Made it to A3 cruel, taking a break for now. Been playing comfortably and checking out the essences, the fights themselves are pretty meh - I liked beyond or talisman fights way more but the essences themselves are pretty cool. More or less an alch orb where you can guarantee one of the mods.

And also seeing worse performance with the new multi-threading lol. Partying up with mates and all I see are framerates varying between 10-40 lol, whereas before it only really got messy in maps and I'm not even up to that yet.

My performance has been pretty great so far. Haven't tried partying up with anyone though so I can't comment on that. I'm finally getting pretty consistent frames in the 140s with small dips here and there but gsync helps a ton with those.

TheFatOne

Anyone know how much bandwidth Poe is supposed to use? I thought the amount of bandwidth used would be fairly small. At least small enough that I could play a bunch tethered through my phone. After only maybe an hour and a half its using about 3.5GB which seems really high for this game.

Rufus

Anyone know how much bandwidth Poe is supposed to use? I thought the amount of bandwidth used would be fairly small. At least small enough that I could play a bunch tethered through my phone. After only maybe an hour and a half its using about 3.5GB which seems really high for this game.
Well, they did say instances are using ten times as much memory as they are supposed to on a server. Might be related.

TheFatOne

Well, they did say instances are using ten times as much memory as they are supposed to on a server. Might be related.
I figured. Means I won't be playing much until Monday. Wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't have issues early. Just hope the unique flasks aren't crazy expensive and I can get the three I need for less than 5 exalts. Just need to get to merciless as fast as I can.

Love the neat tricks you can do with essences for leveling.

For example, the weapon phys recipe. You can get a low essence and use it on a rustic and get the high roll on the recipe easily, without wasting an actual alch.

Cerity

The essences are just good all around IMO, really can't see it coming back outside of expensive map mods. No real reason to alt/regal/scour spam gear anymore, they're a really easy way to chase down high rolls with room for multimodding. Really can't wait to see what the community manages to turn out with them.

At least they've brought back perandus as a map mod, it'll definitely be a nice currency sink with all the extra rolling about.

Is there an issue with bleed mechanics? I died to corrupting blood even after spamming my bleed flask afterwards. Saw something in patch notes about it being a bug with some items but I'm not sure if that was thencase. Been getting nasty, nasty spikes all day today going from 16-150 randomly for no reason at all.

Cerity

Halfway through A2M now, going to aim for maps tonight. Perf issues are still pretty prominent for me, it's a shame but it looks like I'll have to turn MT off. This was during the merveil merciless fight.

ZY6WJZo.png

Halfway through A2M now, going to aim for maps tonight. Perf issues are still pretty prominent for me, it's a shame but it looks like I'll have to turn MT off. This was during the merveil merciless fight.

ZY6WJZo.png

My biggest problem is like every 3rd map or so is completely laggy and the only way to fix it is to make a new instance. This can be a problem for lab runs. My fps is fine.

Rufus

I get the usual drops, but I also get mad stutter on top of that. That seems to be the servers, though. At peak hours it's worse. First day was really bad.

Anyway, my CA plans fell through. Died in lab like a noob. My bow builds are all destined to die prematurely.

FiraB

Banned
There is a 6 socket in the bank on essence (SC) league on the 3rd tab, I'm not doing the hard work on it with my currency so if you want it then use it and forge it into something worthwhile.

Haven't even left cruel and I'm closing in on 55...terrible.

Rufus

I haven't died this much since Invasion. orz

My plans went all up in flames. I'm now set on doing Animate Weapon.

Pathfinder's nodes are all messed up when it comes to flasks. GGG is looking into it but doesn't have an ETA as to when it will be fixed.

Master Surgeon isn't working properly and Nature's Boon isn't recharging flasks.

TheFatOne

Going to power level my ranger and then power level a marauder. Should be able to get by ranger to merciless by the end today.
Pathfinder's nodes are all messed up when it comes to flasks. GGG is looking into it but doesn't have an ETA as to when it will be fixed. Won't be able to start until after work but plan on grinding all day today and tomorrow.

Master Surgeon isn't working properly and Nature's Boon isn't recharging flasks.
LOL GGG. How did they introduce this bug to what was going to be there most popular build this league. Lol

Rufus

I'm surprised there aren't more bugs, considering multi-threading can introduce a bunch of weird race conditions.

Mulgrok

denied access to a map because: "Terrain generator out of sync with instance server. Open a new instance and try again." whatever that means.

TheFatOne

Holy fucking shit just saw the unique 600+ DPs two handed unique and the new unique ruby flask. Those two are already god tier uniques. Going to have to build a shaper boss killer just for the chance for one of them.

Holy fucking shit just saw the unique 600+ DPs two handed unique and the new unique ruby flask. Those two are already god tier uniques. Going to have to build a shaper boss killer just for the chance for one of them.

It'd be fun to make a sweeper with that weapon. Not sure how it'd work out though.

Armaros

Hmm I most likely will make a tornado shot ranger for essence. I just don't know which ascendecy to pick.

They all work with the build.

Intending to start the game - can you guys direct me to some viable, current builds so that I don't fuck my character up? The OP seems a little outdated.

What kind of playstyle do you prefer? There are lots of great starter builds that are cheap to get running just depends on how you'd like to play.

Top Bottom