• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Gothos

Toss me an invite guys, plz - Unsul.

Anyway, I RIPed my Duelist yesterday but he was such boring char. Gonna roll Ranger tommorow :)

So raizqt just facetanked the shaper with a CI BV. After playing on the character for only 15 hours at level 89 on Essence hardcore with a 5 link. Expect more nerfs.

Ultrabum

So raizqt just facetanked the shaper with a CI BV. After playing on the character for only 15 hours at level 89 on Essence hardcore with a 5 link. Expect more nerfs.

How the fuck do you get to level 89 in 15 hours?

Also, hi I really like this game but have no idea what I am doing, currently lvl 79 with an earthquake juggernaught build.

How the fuck do you get to level 89 in 15 hours?

Also, hi I really like this game but have no idea what I am doing, currently lvl 79 with an earthquake juggernaught build.

He is a very good racer. Lots of these streamers know this game inside and out and play for long sessions. This was his 2nd or 3rd character too so he had good leveling gear that made content a breeze.

Are you following any starter build guides or going in on your own?

did he have all the flasks? what was his es like?

Here is the video. He pretty much outleeched the damage with vinktar's. Going CI you can drop the health flask for freezing that is usually used and put in an Atziri's Promise as well to help with the leech. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the way vinktar's leeches system wide. Especially legacy Vinktar's with 30%, 2 charges, and instant leech. Unless they completely gut Pathfinder flask generation or rework BV and how it works with crits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl6dVD-xaWM

Here's the tree for his character:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQDuBAcHHgj0DkgOXA-rD8QRLxFQEZYVIBXXFe0WvxmKGyUgbiL0JIsknSoLKjgqTSsKLL8s6TW5N0w7fD1fPydBlkQNRX5JUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNUglS9VcZWY1ltXEBd8l9qX5hiWmpDavpsC20ZcFJ1_X-Af8aD24RvhMWGroazidOMNo2Sj_qTJ5UulouXBpeVl_SbtZ63oS-io6Pvpyuus6_rtUi4yrmTvorAVMMJwzrEosedyPDPMtAf0NDQ9dN-1ELVudfP2Vvfit-Y5-rpAutj6_XsGO9674jv6_DV8W3yHfaj9z35M_k3_xA=

Here is the link to his characters if you want to check the gear he used. The characters name is RaizShaperTryHardQT:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RaizQT/characters

His version is much cheaper than the current one that is being followed as well which is pretty funny. Flasks are obviously the same price but the rest of the gear can be bought for a fraction of the cost of pieces like divinarious, clear mind, essence worm, rathpith, carcass jack. I was thinking of transitioning to CI and selling off my life based gear because I didn't want to spend 9ex on a 6l Carcass to finish my character and I think I just might after seeing him clear something like this. HE doesn't even use a flask of grounding to get rid of the shock from Vinktar's either which is insane against a high damage boss like Shaper. Although I'd like to see it perform in general mapping as that is what I usually do as I don't find uber/shaper to be profitable in the long run for a player like me.

Cerity

Well it's what happens when about 5000000 builds use it.

IF GGG put some time into I'd expect changes to how leech works with ES, at the worst just nuking Pathfinder or messing up the tree to make leech nodes/VP way harder to get.

Cerity

Huh, hasn't it always been pretty expensive? I remember checking out builds that'd use divinarius, looking up the going price and deciding otherwise.

Huh, hasn't it always been pretty expensive? I remember checking out builds that'd use divinarius, looking up the going price and deciding otherwise.

People were selling divinarius with low rolls for a chaos in the middle of last league. I had one drop checked prices and didnt even bother posting it.

I play softcore leagues so prices are different than hardcore.

Really want to find my last trial for uber lab. It doubles my dps and then some if I complete it

Last league it took me until level 90 to find them all. Really helps if you get a group of people together or share themy with others. It took me until level 89 this league to find the last one. Doing it solo sucks.

23h in and this game is phenomenal. Feels like actually playing the real Diablo 2 sequel, not even kidding. I am addicted as hell and keep browsing poe.trade at work lol.

Skittles

Wow, on the last phase of izaro in uber and my game starts lagging. Causing me to die because i can't even cast properly. God damnit, at least this build can do uber lab

Newb tired mistake story:

So, I can no longer play this game while tired. It was the end of the night and before I got off I wanted to buy a new weapon. I had saved up some currency and had an Exalt and about 25 chaos and wanted an upgrade. Spent an hour trying to find a weapon and get someone to actually reply and finally spend an EX like 9C and a couple Vaal Orbs for like a 510pdps two handed axe. The axe had room for another mod and most of my crafting mods it already had or weren't high enough so I was wanting to use a currency item to add a random mod. Because I had been staring at the exalt orb so long I apparently confused Exalt orb with Chaos orb and I used a Chaos on the Axe making it instantly vendor trash.

I closed the game and went to sleep crying. Uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh It still hurts.

Man they are going to absolutely gut unique flasks next patch. All these face tanks builds have one thing in common.

Unique flasks. GG GGG.

Cerity

Well when the first couple of unique flasks dropped they were already kind of crazy, more and more unique flasks came out and then pathfinder came about. Was only a matter of time before there was some build that broke it all, I guess BV Pathfinder was it.

Can't wait for the announcement of the new skills.

TheFatOne

They really have to fix leveling in this game. Cruel makes no sense to have with 4 acts. When Act IV came out they should have eliminated Cruel. Leveling in POE is just so poorly done. Acts 1-3 are a breeze, and then Act IV will take me as long to do as Acts 1-3. It's just so terrible.
Man they are going to absolutely gut unique flasks next patch. All these face tanks builds have one thing in common.

Unique flasks. GG GGG.

Finally hit end game as a pathfinder and now they are nerfing that shit. Feels bad man. They should have left the nerf for the next league like they do for pretty much every league. If the hit is big enough to make the character I have feel bad I'm not going to be playing in this league much. Planned for a pathfinder BV generating most of the currency since clear speed is much better than MF right now, and it's not even close. Thought MF totems would still be viable to generate currency like it has for me in the past, but being able to clear maps in just a couple of minutes is superior.

Skittles

They really have to fix leveling in this game. Cruel makes no sense to have with 4 acts. When Act IV came out they should have eliminated Cruel. Leveling in POE is just so poorly done. Acts 1-3 are a breeze, and then Act IV will take me as long to do as Acts 1-3. It's just so terrible.

Finally hit end game as a pathfinder and now they are nerfing that shit. Feels bad man. They should have left the nerf for the next league like they do for pretty much every league. If the hit is big enough to make the character I have feel bad I'm not going to be playing in this league much. Planned for a pathfinder BV generating most of the currency since clear speed is much better than MF right now, and it's not even close. Thought MF totems would still be viable to generate currency like it has for me in the past, but being able to clear maps in just a couple of minutes is superior.
Do you have ghetto resists or something? Act IV is like the shortest one to run through. Removing cruel and redoing normal quests/xp gain would go a long way though. Popping out of normal lvl 40ish would do wonders for build testing.

edit: i should clarify act iv on cruel or below is relatively simple to run through

I haven't been on much the last week but I've gotten kinda bored of my BV. The clear speed is awesome though but I don't like getting to attached to meta characters as they always get hit pretty hard. I rushed pretty hard and got all my flasks within the first couple of days of the league so I was set. Got up to T12 maps and steamrolled them all.

Really want to try something else. Maybe ancestral warchief or a cospri malice build. Wonder if I should sell my flasks while they're hot or keep them around for other builds.

They need to concentrate on the servers though. Every time I've been on they have been having huge latency spikes for no reason and tons of hangups.

Do you have ghetto resists or something? Act IV is like the shortest one to run through. Removing cruel and redoing normal quests/xp gain would go a long way though. Popping out of normal lvl 40ish would do wonders for build testing.

edit: i should clarify act iv on cruel or below is relatively simple to run through

No, I agree with theFatOne. Funny enough, GGG agrees with theFatOne, they just kinda forgot. Back when Act 4 was first released, they streamlined Acts 1-3 because they had redundant content that could have been trimmed. It was fantastic what they did, then a week later, they released an Act that felt, length-wise, like the old reduced acts combined.

Can you even name the four Koam areas? Why does he need all four? Though the pits before the arena(s) is nice, why does it feel as if I'm running through a whole city instead of the outer pits?

Why is there an area before the guts collection area? Why is there a bug where you can't reenter the Black Core without recollecting all three parts if you die?

That's what I think theFatOne was referring to

Skittles

No, I agree with theFatOne. Funny enough, GGG agrees with theFatOne, they just kinda forgot. Back when Act 4 was first released, they streamlined Acts 1-3 because they had redundant content that could have been trimmed. It was fantastic what they did, then a week later, they released an Act that felt, length-wise, like the old reduced acts combined.

Can you even name the four Koam areas? Why does he need all four? Though the pits before the arena(s) is nice, why does it feel as if I'm running through a whole city instead of the outer pits?

Why is there an area before the guts collection area? Why is there a bug where you can't reenter the Black Core without recollecting all three parts if you die?

Ohhhhh ok, that makes a lot more sense. I fucking despise running through koams area because of that, daressos could be changed around too.

Yooooo, those QOL changes to the atlas. Literally all my complaints gone about the atlas are gone except for the sextant drop rate

TheFatOne

Yea this is what I meant. Should have been more specific. Act IV needs to be streamlined. Leveling still takes too long overall though. I hope they do something like increased experience gained up to the level of your highest character or something like that to make rolling new characters easier. I would love to try a bunch of different build it just takes to long to get to the end game, and have the gear necessary for the build to work. Game is great though, and I'm excited to see some of the fixes they have in the works for things like melee, trading, performance improvement, etc.
I haven't been on much the last week but I've gotten kinda bored of my BV. The clear speed is awesome though but I don't like getting to attached to meta characters as they always get hit pretty hard. I rushed pretty hard and got all my flasks within the first couple of days of the league so I was set. Got up to T12 maps and steamrolled them all.

Really want to try something else. Maybe ancestral warchief or a cospri malice build. Wonder if I should sell my flasks while they're hot or keep them around for other builds.

They need to concentrate on the servers though. Every time I've been on they have been having huge latency spikes for no reason and tons of hangups.

Keep the flasks. They are too good not to keep. Ancestral warchief is the next build for me. Either that or I am going to save up and try to make a Shaper farmer. I normally don't go with the obvious meta builds or popular twitch streamers builds because of how expensive they can get. BV though just feels really good to play for me. Hope it doesn't get the ban hammer too much.

Skittles

Wow, finally beat uber lab without the game lagging me out or the server disconnecting me. Was surprisingly easy considering i'm a non-srs summoner

Cerity

Rolled a CA char and got it maps (not going to lie, mainly because of the mtx) but damn didn't realise how much easier it is easier to gear a mf'er nowadays. Even max/high rolls can be had for a fraction of what they used to go for, I picked up a 20 quant goldwyrms for 15c earlier, I remember paying 2ex for a shitty roll. I'm eyeing a couple 80~ iir andvarius rings on trade for about 20c, rolls like that used to for 6ex or so.

I know the cost of uniques overall has dropped a boat load but I guess it didn't really hit me until I saw those prices.

Cerity

I love that he's using the seven league step boots in that haha. Usual ghudda.

I've been running friends through uber lab/for enchants lately, surprisingly easy with SRS. Just a shame I can't farm the treasure keys for most of izaro's phases.

Cerity

Douple posting but patch roadmap for the next couple months.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1743295

2.4.1: Sextant improvements and other Atlas changes discussed in this Manifesto post. We are mostly finished with these changes, so it's just a matter of getting them through QA and into a patch to be deployed to the realm. (Some of the UI ones have already been deployed last week).
2.4.2: Up to three new skills (using the Channelling system). It's hard to predict when skills will be ready, as there a lot of moving parts and balance mistakes in either direction are bad. It's likely that we'll be able to sweep a lot of other minor QOL and bugfix improvements into this patch as well.
2.4.3: The DirectX 11/64 bit version. This is the big one. We're expecting to release it around a month before 2.5.0 comes out so that we have plenty of time to solve any problems that arise. There will be two Path of Exile executables. A 32 bit DirectX 9 version and the new 64 bit DirectX 11 one. Initially, the DirectX 9 version will be the default and you will need to specifically run the DX11 executable if you would like to try it out. Once 2.5.0 launches, we plan to make DX11 the default if your computer is able to run it. The DX11 client significantly improves performance.

2.5.0 in early december too. Their release schedule is just nuts.

Skittles

still waiting on that update which shows they actually care about summoners. Not keeping your summons on logout(for 5-10 minutes at the very least) is such garbage in an online only game.

edit: not saving player state on logout for 10 minutes is dumb in general. I've lost so many trades just because i get disconnected and my chat log is forever gone

Rufus

New skills can't come soon enough. I need a new excuse to play.

I've killed another couple of characters because I played so half-assedly I completely neglected my resistances.

Zynx

still waiting on that update which shows they actually care about summoners. Not keeping your summons on logout(for 5-10 minutes at the very least) is such garbage in an online only game.

edit: not saving player state on logout for 10 minutes is dumb in general. I've lost so many trades just because i get disconnected and my chat log is forever gone

Your chat log is actually kept forever unless you delete it.
(path of exile folder)\logs\client.txt

Skittles

Your chat log is actually kept forever unless you delete it.
(path of exile folder)\logs\client.txt
Ahh, anyway to show that ingame? Or is it strictly in that text file?

So did anyone else feel like a massive douchebag when they first killed argus?

People have been asking for this from them for years. Don't count on it happening anytime soon.

I am glad that they are releasing the DX11 version before leagues start to iron out any issues instead of what they did this league. Glad they realized it wasn't a good idea to deploy new performance patches without testing them in the wild before making them official.

Skittles

People have been asking for this from them for years. Don't count on it happening anytime soon.
I know :(. It's just stupid because they've been revamping the endgame yet summoners can brick a map by disconnecting. If you're in a tier 13+ map and disconnect, you're pretty much fucked since you can't regrab high level spectres without getting rid of the map.

So it sounds like either merciless or cruel difficulty are going to be cut when act 5 is introduced. They only want you to run through the 5 acts twice so we'll see which gets the boot.

I know :(. It's just stupid because they've been revamping the endgame yet summoners can brick a map by disconnecting. If you're in a tier 13+ map and disconnect, you're pretty much fucked since you can't regrab high level spectres without getting rid of the map.

So it sounds like either merciless or cruel difficulty are going to be cut when act 5 is introduced. They only want you to run through the 5 acts twice so we'll see which gets the boot.

I've been able to clear t13+ maps using spectre's from the eternal laboratory in previous builds with my aura summoner builds without using minion health flasks but I do agree having to resummon every log in gets tiresome especially if you are an on and off player like myself.

Zynx

Hmm. If you're running maps from the map device in your hideout, you can use the eternal lab to regrab your spectres without giving up the map open in your hideout.

Top Bottom