• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

KKRT00

I'm really excited about new expansion and new act. Definitely will be coming back to PoE and i think, i'm not the only one ;p

Orgun

I got hoooooked on PoE thanks to Quill18s videos, hadn't played in years and now i've gone from like 15 hours played to 30 in about three days. @_@

The changes to Vorici and Catarina are very welcome. Glad to see they finally did away with the missions that were a pain for summoners and builds without single target.

Also looking forward to new CPU optimizations. I built a new rig and will be interested to see what performance I get compared to before.

Will probably hop back in to try new skills. Haven't really played in over a month.

Rufus

Just did a quick test run of the DX11 client. My usual probelm areas have massively improved. I used to get really bad framerates around Alira's pot and the Crypt tileset. It still dips, but only rarely below 60.

I also ran into the cannibal bloodline, which used to give me really bad stutters when they consumed each other's corpses. It still stutters, but not as badly.

Just did a quick test run of the DX11 client. My usual probelm areas have massively improved. I used to get really bad framerates around Alira's pot and the Crypt tileset. It still dips, but only rarely below 60.

I also ran into the cannibal bloodline, which used to give me really bad stutters when they consumed each other's corpses. It still stutters, but not as badly.

Nice. May I ask what your specs are?

I didn't get time to play last night. I'll have to give a a try.

On my work computer I don't think it made a huge impact but I am sure it will on my main PC.

Kadin

New Breach Challenge League announced for 12/2.

Trailer
Two new Supporter Packs

Our December update includes the Breach Challenge Leagues, dozens of new items, and many other improvements such as a new DirectX 11, 64-bit renderer! Challenge Leagues offer both a fresh start in a new economy and a twist on Path of Exile gameplay with new risks and rewards. The Breach league features 40 challenges and three exclusive new microtransactions you can earn as you complete them.

Kadin

Wanted to grab the 30$ supp pack but man, it looks TERRIBLE! I need to see how it looks in the game.
I'll be grabbing the $60 supporter pack as I've got some credit from points I purchased not too long ago. I thought I bought them outside the window for them to be credited towards this but luckily I didn't. Cloak and portal effect look pretty sweet.

Rufus

I didn't get time to play last night. I'll have to give a a try.

On my work computer I don't think it made a huge impact but I am sure it will on my main PC.
Lcn0yF1RcLANG.gif

It's the only way I can get a head start during leagues and it helps pass the time :p

I can't wait to see what performance issues the breach mechanic causes and how many rips will happen. Hopefully that queue stuff that happened last league won't happen again.

moojito

dx11 makes a huge difference for me on my amd phenom x4. I accidentally launched the old client yesterday and could immediately tell the difference.

Weird that ziggyd made that big anti amd video like 1 day before having amd became a non-issue.

KKRT00

dx11 makes a huge difference for me on my amd phenom x4. I accidentally launched the old client yesterday and could immediately tell the difference.

Weird that ziggyd made that big anti amd video like 1 day before having amd became a non-issue.

Now i'm excited :) I'm not on AMD, but i always wanted to play game in stable 144hz ;p
Now have a PC to do it and they have technology to not bottleneck it ;p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
cant play with the 64-bit client, game crashes on fullscreen and only runs on windowed mode but doesnt recognize the GPU, any reason for this?

The Nvidia driver update from two days ago helps tremendously. They released a dud update a week back that crippled my card, which timing-wise, happened with the 64-bit release. After updating the driver, things are rock solid again

Blade flurry looks like it'll be fun. Wonder if it'll get toned down before new leagues start.

Thinking of going shadow for it as I am sure pathfinder will be getting rekt.

squidyj

Blade flurry looks like it'll be fun. Wonder if it'll get toned down before new leagues start.

Thinking of going shadow for it as I am sure pathfinder will be getting rekt.

the question is not if, but by how much.
with the channeling support gem I'm hesitantly interested in scorching ray. With a decent spec and support gems you can get a decent spell cast going that'll also pump your ray damage with overload and equilibrium, that + righteous fire and you could be golden, just gotta figure out how not to die.

I'm hoping they kill Master Surgeon for unique flasks, otherwise i'll probably roll a pathfinder BF dagger character.

Gothos

Kripp's build in Breach league:

20k armor
20k evasion
11k effective health
max block
1 mil single target dps
decent aoe, but not great
permanent fortify

Interesting :)

Has there been any update as to when we can expect final patch notes? Wondering if I should even attempt to plan a blade flurry character or try and make some sort of templar build as I haven't played templar in years.

Orgun

So Bering new to PoE, returning to the game seriously the other week, where's a good place to find builds for the upcoming league? Or any suggested builds?

Best iv got is a SRS Wwitch at lvl 62 on cruel, copied Quill18s build off YouTube.

Gothos

Official forums and there surely will be big thread on PoE reddit with links to some some popular builds. We also need patch notes to see which builds will be viable and which ones GGG nerfed to the ground :p But yeah, keep an eye on PoE forums and Reddit.

So Bering new to PoE, returning to the game seriously the other week, where's a good place to find builds for the upcoming league? Or any suggested builds?

Best iv got is a SRS Wwitch at lvl 62 on cruel, copied Quill18s build off YouTube.

If you prefer the youtube guys making videos some more casual/popular guys that make builds are ZiggyD, LiftingNerdBro, and Mathil.

Issue with following those streamers is people watch the videos and jack up the prices of the items in use since more people will be looking for them regardless of if they are wroth it or not.

Scouring forums right before/at league launch for build ideas is good so you can get a jump on what the meta will be and possibly get some items on the cheap.

Orgun

If you prefer the youtube guys making videos some more casual/popular guys that make builds are ZiggyD, LiftingNerdBro, and Mathil.

Issue with following those streamers is people watch the videos and jack up the prices of the items in use since more people will be looking for them regardless of if they are wroth it or not.

Scouring forums right before/at league launch for build ideas is good so you can get a jump on what the meta will be and possibly get some items on the cheap.

Oh I don't really have a preference where the build comes from, it was just Quills videos that brought me back. It gave me a build to work with rather than looking at the passive skill tree and being paralysed with indecision :)

I'll check the forums, cheers.

Also, i've yet to touch trading. Just been working with what I find/craft.

Also also, why the hell does PoE take so long to download and install 40mb updates on Steam! jeez.

TGMIII

Also also, why the hell does PoE take so long to download and install 40mb updates on Steam! jeez.

If I remember correctly, it's partly due to how GGG package the game and how steam installs updates. Steam will create a local backup of the files being patched but because of how PoE is packaged steam treats it as one giant file and backs the whole thing up before patching.

You can switch to the stand alone client in order to get around this but you'll need to contact GGG support in order for them to unlink your steam account from your email address.

Rufus

Apparently you can use the official client to patch, then you can just switch out the main game file in the Steam folder and validate.

The way Steam does it is just not great for games with monolithic files like PoE, because it makes a copy of that first to compare against when it's done patching the in-place one. edit: blah, I should finish reading the thread....

Kadin

2.5 patch notes are live now

Some notable changes:

- Cospri's Malice and Mjölner now have 250ms cooldowns on triggering socketed skills (up from 100ms)

- Facebreaker's critical strike multiplier has been reduced to 45%. A Divine Orb can be used to reroll the stats within this new range

- Soul Strike's faster start of energy shield recharge has been reduced to 80%. A Divine Orb can be used to reroll the stats within this new range.

- Blade Vortex has been refactored. Instead of separate hits for each active blade, the blades now increase the frequency at which all enemies in the radius take damage, and the amount of damage they take. The skill now has a base hit frequency of 600ms and has 10% increased hit rate per active blade. Its damage has been reduced by 30% at all levels and it deals 30% more damage per active blade.

- Reduced the maximum number of Summoned Raging Spirits to 20, but we have also increased damage as the gem levels up to compensate. It's intended to be a similar damage output but with less casting needed and less effective area of effect.

- Flame Golem's damage has been increased by 200%.

- A character can now only receive one flask charge per Critical Strike every 200ms. This is shared across all flasks.
- The Harvest and Master Surgeon now follow this rule. Instead of giving a charge to each of your flasks, they will only grant it to one.
- The Master Surgeon Node now has 100% chance to trigger (up from 15%) to help compensate for this change.

squidyj

blade vortex damage is buffed but you're susceptible to reflect and can't generate on hit/crit effects as frequently
not a huge change for it.

Blade Flurry AoE nerfs are kind of bad but not that bad, attack speed nerf is negligible Guess it's CI Trickster BF for me.

I could also try necro with the scourge, cwc srs bf.

Actually I wonder if 35% more blight damage makes that skill worthwhile

Yeah I'm probably going to go CI trickster BF as well. Was glad that it didn't get hit too hard.

Also liking the srs change. Will make cast speed less important and hopefully open up some more options for builds. I can see it being even more cheap to gear without having to worry so much about cast speed.

Might go back to multiple chars this league. Now I just need to layout a BF build not sure what route I want to go exactly.

Melee range buff is interesting as well. Wonder how it will affect clear speeds.

squidyj

I think mine will look a lot like this
www.poeurl.com/R6u

there are a few tradeoffs here and there I might make but the path is pretty self-explanatory.
The only thing to figure out is what do i do to not die before CI

Basically skipped essence due to a reoccurance of my WoW addiction. So two major patches worth of content to learn, fun.

Now to figure out what the hell to play.

Zynx

Mark my words. This will be blade flurry league, simply because it does so much base damage. I can't believe GGG didn't simply multiply through the numbers they put on the gem. 60% more attack speed. 20% more damage per stage - so up to 100 or 120% more damage, depending on whether the initial stage has bonus damage. AND an extra strike PER stage at the end of the channel. So 2x.
0.66 (base) x 1.6 (atk spd) x 1.6x (avg more dmg) x 2 (extra strikes) -> something like 3.37x base damage lol

Even if blade flurry was old crappy single target melee, it'd outclass everything we have.

I'm stuck between choosing an Ancestral Warchief uber farmer and an Assassin Blade Flurry.

I have a feeling that most items that help out the assassin are going to raise up high in price like Bino's/Death's Hand/etc.

KKRT00

Going all in self found HC with some friends, it will be definitely interesting especially, because i'm out of loop since few content patches ;p

Top Bottom