• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Rufus

!!!
ym5eDxO.jpg

Chiseled to 20%, went in, and as soon as I see an albino scorpion pet I know...

oWAfYdH.jpg

Thankfully the map is a hard counter for her Shield Charge. I just leapt back and forth between levels as she fruitlessly tried to catch me.

As for the loot:
4644.jpg

Aside from some currency and Goldwyrm, nothing worth screenshotting...

So, uh. . . I think I love this game. At the very least I love it so far. I'm playing a Duelist, currently level 8, and I'm up to the submerged passage. I've only died once so far because I decided to wade into a mob that hit harder than I was expecting. . .

demented

Just started playing this game last night and spent all night with it. I was bit hesitant at first because I fear it will just turn into huge grindfest and I'll quit soon but screw it, had lots of fun and will continue playing.

Found a good build I'm following for most part just need to find good duelist guide/tips for skills, gear etc (dw swords)

Capwn

Neo Member
Hit 53 on my marauder but started getting owned last night. Rage quit and went to bed.

Hopefully there will be someone who can invite me to the guild if there's room?

Also willing to level a new character alt if anyone wants to!

Geeker

i guess it is time to play some POE again, i havent really touched it since the open beta began

Is there a specific build that is the go to cookie cutter/new character build that can easily farm content and give you that good melting monster feel?

I guess something similar to the good ol frozen orb/meteor sorc in d2 that was best build to quickly gain some wealth for moving on to hammerdins etc that had some expensive gear requirements.

Rufus

Is there a specific build that is the go to cookie cutter/new character build that can easily farm content and give you that good melting monster feel?
Spectral Throw is the flavour of the month right now. It's cheap and end-game viable.

If you want to (literally) melt stuff though: Summoner with Burning Miscreation Specter(s). No specific gear requirement, but leveling can be a pain, since you can't rely on your pets for the longest time. LMP Freeze Pulse with Cold Penetration (ideally in a +Cold Gems wand) works well, since you don't need to support it with passives, but it's kinda boring and you need to be closer to the enemy than you might want to be to shotgun them with FP.

There's also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RDZyLtnGFQ

Boken

Banned
Anyone on domination want to buy fusings (got 70) or some alchs ( got 20) ? Or sell me an ex for chaoses (or fusings)

I'm trying to buy a kaom's primacy but trading my currency to get the exalteds is proving a pain in the ass, people in trade don't seem to be looking for currency or items to use ,just to flip for a profit... and there is no poe xyz equivalent or forum section to trade currency

yeah i think they need to offer an actual currency xchange vendor that is part of the market

demented

Is the guild still active, who do I talk to for an invite? I often have a question and general chat is like youtube comments most of the time.

Taking a break from physical wanding and summoning to level my Ethereal knives shadow and it's fucking sweet, well, it's really good except for the fact I can now one shot myself on reflect mobs with non-crits.

Going to start leveling spark and skeleton totem for the physical reflect monsters.

Tom Penny

Taking a break from physical wanding and summoning to level my Ethereal knives shadow and it's fucking sweet, well, it's really good except for the fact I can now one shot myself on reflect mobs with non-crits.

Going to start leveling spark and skeleton totem for the physical reflect monsters.

Same thing happened to me. Ethereal knives scales really good. I ended up using my my leveled knives in a cast on crit cyclone / spectral throw build that spits out Ethereal knives. Reflect is still an issue :(

KKRT00

Any ideas for good dps combo without any damage nods or damage auras for City of Sarn Merciless?
Mana is not an issue, it can be the most expensive spell/skill combo ever.

5-links are out of question of course. After some thought, i have some 5-links, but they are not particularly good and do not give me spell damage.

I downloaded this yesterday after creating an account. Didn't get a chance to play it yet as it was getting late.

Does the combat feel as crunchy as Diablo 3's? The main thing I loved the most about Diablo 3 was the feel of the combat. It felt better than anything else in the genre for me.

V_Arnold

I downloaded this yesterday after creating an account. Didn't get a chance to play it yet as it was getting late.

Does the combat feel as crunchy as Diablo 3's? The main thing I loved the most about Diablo 3 was the feel of the combat. It felt better than anything else in the genre for me.

It feels nothing like Diablo III, sadly. The combat itself is MUCH worse, but the charm of this game is that you have much more control over HOW you will actually fight. You have much more options and possibilities ahead of you. It is more modular. PoE is like assembling LEGO warriors and pitting them against each other in your mind, and D3 is like going to an arcade and watch MK2 for the first time ever.

It feels nothing like Diablo III, sadly. The combat itself is MUCH worse, but the charm of this game is that you have much more control over HOW you will actually fight. You have much more options and possibilities ahead of you. It is more modular. PoE is like assembling LEGO warriors and pitting them against each other in your mind, and D3 is like going to an arcade and watch MK2 for the first time ever.

Thanks for the reply! That's quite disappointing, but nevertheless I'll give it a go and see if it clicks.

V_Arnold

Not all characters have the mana to run effective Arctic Armor which can elimate some auras.

True, I messed up my own main with neglecting this part. Now the only time when I die is when KOLE oneshots me OR my spectral throw swarm reaches a reflect damage pack. Both is equally horrifying. But my upcoming trapper has been built around this weakness, Arctic Armor is key in that.

Arctic Armor + Iron Reflexes solves phys reflect, folks.

Can't get to IR since I'm going Chaos Inoculation but I do pop a Granite flask with 80% more armor for the time being if I'm forced to take down a ton mobs with it. And since I have to mana leech back my mana, I don't think I can support arctic armor but I don't mind playing around with it.

KKRT00

Any ideas for good dps combo without any damage nods or damage auras for City of Sarn Merciless?
Mana is not an issue, it can be the most expensive spell/skill combo ever.

5-links are out of question of course. After some thought, i have some 5-links, but they are not particularly good and do not give me spell damage.

GUYS! :p

syko de4d

damage without dmg nodes or auras but mana is no problem? Explosive Arrow has a good damage without much increase Damage suff

With Arctic Armor you can handle ele reflect easily, for healing you use split arrow + chain + life on hit + faster attack

for cursing you use split arrow + chain + curse on hit + curs1 + curse2 + curse3. You need to skill Elemental Equilibrium, you trigger it with your split arrows you cast before and after the explosion, and you need two +1Curse Uniques but only if you have two 6 linked. Weapon is Quill Rain or fast +2bow/+1gem Skills bow. edit: works with two 4linked too.

KKRT00

damage without dmg nodes or auras but mana is no problem? Explosive Arrow has a good damage without much increase Damage suff

With Arctic Armor you can handle ele reflect easily, for healing you use split arrow + chain + life on hit + faster attack

for cursing you use split arrow + chain + curse on hit + curs1 + curse2 + curse3. You need to skill Elemental Equilibrium, you trigger it with your split arrows you cast before and after the explosion, and you need two +1Curse Uniques but only if you have two 6 linked. Weapon is Quill Rain or fast +2bow/+1gem Skills bow. edit: works with two 4linked too.

Yeah, this is end game viable stuff. I was more looking just for Sarn farming, i'll figure something up for end-game latter, when i'll have more skill points :p

KKRT00

Why farm Sarn though? Farm Lunaris and Piety if you want to farm non-map stuff.

There is no way this character will be able to farm Lunaris or Piety anytime soon :)

And i have tons of luck on Sarn, its safe and i generally like this zone quite much.

Need some advice on running maps, or rather what maps to run and if I should alch em or what

I've been farming piety for a while but get pretty much no exp there anymore (1 percent per run or less at lvl 82) and since since most of the good rares now only drop in maps I'm getting bored of running her what with the negligable exp thing and all (even though it is pretty good reliable currency farming)

I'm at 200IIR 41 IIQ capped resists 3600 hp 4300 spectral throw dps 10k double strike dps so I'm set on gear.
I can happily facetank kole all day long and even the chaos exiles finally aren't an issue anymore.

I want to run maps but I ran out of 68+ maps before while doing maps solo, and the 67-68 maps just give fuck all exp.
I was making nothing from doing magic lvl 68-71 ~40 percent IIQ from mods maps before and piety has just been SO much better

So how on earth do you go about doing maps in a way that isn't shit?
Do you buy 70+ maps? do you run 68-70 maps as rare (that seems pointless as they don't drop shit with the 40+40IIQ i run them as magic right now, wasting a bunch of chaoses to get 20 percent more loot at low lvl maps is not going to happen, 1.2x fuck all is still fuck all :p)

I basically want to be able to run 70+ maps for exp (and hopefully ok loot) so if anyone could give me some advice that would be great.
I do NOT want to run 66-67 maps over and over and over and over again to get some higher level ones to run, I did plenty of that before and it was a boring and fruitless endeavour (and now I get no exp doing it so it's even more pointless)

Also I generally run them solo, but have ran some with kamster duo

imtehman

Banned
anyone know where i can get a script for autoit to one button log off so i dont get wtfpwned by the delay from alt+f4'ing.

Just lost a level 76 in nemesis because of that shit

V_Arnold

anyone know where i can get a script for autoit to one button log off so i dont get wtfpwned by the delay from alt+f4'ing.

I would suggest playing Domination if you are going to cheat the system anyway. Never undestood why that is somehow fun -.-

Sarcasm

Its honestly not cheating. If game mechanics causing de-sync kills you..how in god's name that your fault?

I have stopped playing (more like taking a break and..starbound is almost out) due to this. I have lost all my HC to it besides one (surprisingly enough it wasn't to corrupted blood which in all honestly is not scary to begin with).

I mean hey if you like dying to something out of your hands by all means let de-sync kill you.

KKRT00

do you run 68-70 maps as rare (that seems pointless as they don't drop shit with the 40+40IIQ i run them as magic right now, wasting a bunch of chaoses to get 20 percent more loot at low lvl maps is not going to happen, 1.2x fuck all is still fuck all :p)

Thats exactly what You do. Btw have You checked maps after 1.0.2 update?

I would also recommend check out Nemesis, its like different game on Merciless thanks for insane rare mobs ;p

Cant wait to see what other players will say about Nemesis mods when they introduce them into other leagues as well :)

----

There are scripts for that, but i'll have to ask my friend about it, he is using OOS on F3 and log off on F4 :p

======

Guild is full ;\

V_Arnold

Its honestly not cheating. If game mechanics causing de-sync kills you..how in god's name that your fault?

I have stopped playing (more like taking a break and..starbound is almost out) due to this. I have lost all my HC to it besides one (surprisingly enough it wasn't to corrupted blood which in all honestly is not scary to begin with).

I mean hey if you like dying to something out of your hands by all means let de-sync kill you.

If you really only use it for that reason, I can understand it. Still, while HC itself is not a bad idea for me, desynch makes it impossible to be a real alternative to Domination currently, imho. Even with all the currency/market differences.

Tom Penny

Took me 60 chromes to get the right colors on 2 3 link daggers 0_0 Ridiculous. On a side note I got a reduced man gem to level 20 for the first time. I always forget to level gems in my secondary weapon slots. I'd probably have a bunch right now.

RS4-

F2::
IfWinActive, Path of Exile
{
WinActivate
BlockInput On
SendInput, {Esc}
WinGetPos,,,Width,Height,A
X := (Width / 2)
Y := Height * .44
MouseClick, Left, X, Y, 1, 1
BlockInput Off
}
return

That's what I use in AHK.

Rufus

Need more Nemesis players. Seems like there's only a few of us (left).
I'm leveling an Evasion, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics, max-Block (Crest of Perandus) + Spell Block (Stone of Lazhwar and later also Rainbowstride) Ranger. Gonna be grinding some levels in cruel Docks now.

Sarcasm

This weekend my PC is moving, going to try than. If not better next year when I move..heh..by than no more nemesis but probably something similar.

TheFatOne

I need a suggestion for a cheap build that would be end game viable on Nemesis. I don't have currency yet so I'm hoping to have one character to funnel items to my other characters.

Boken

Banned
Need more Nemesis players. Seems like there's only a few of us (left).

my partner ripped at L73 in cata due to having low cold resist. cant play without her

starting to realise that nemesis takes too much time dedication since you will die, not sure if its worth the extra thrill since i am old man

I need a suggestion for a cheap build that would be end game viable on Nemesis. I don't have currency yet so I'm hoping to have one character to funnel items to my other characters.

Ethereal knives. I used this as an outline: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/302077 but I'm stacking a lot of HP before I swap to ES. I did get a few items from my other characters but nothing build breaking and all the gems were from quests. I'm currently level 62 http://tinyurl.com/lf2e9sr and solo'd the whole way without needing help.

I few things to note if you do use this:
1) Physical reflect is a problem. I don't have a lot of armor on this character so a Granite flask is needed to take on the aura but having one "of Iron Skin" helps even more. Even with that, you'll wanna thin out the pack with a magic spell, I'm using fire trap as I level spark and fork up. The armor becomes less effective as your EK gains power, so don't think it'll be your main way to stop physical reflect but it'll hold you for awhile if you get the rare monster alone. This build stacks a good amount of spell power so another spell, like spark or even freezing pulse, will be your main physical monster killing spell.

2) The mana problems are solved with clarity till around the late 40's when EK starts to hit for over 400 and you get a Mana Leech gem. Once you make the swap to the leech gem, slap on Hatred for a massive damage boost. You'll still be a bit hard pressed for mana, mostly on tougher Rare monsters since you can't leech that much yet and aren't hitting 5-6 targets. Still, the gem will level fast so around the end of act 3 Cruel, you'll only have problems with that invisible nemesis mod, since they never get hit by anything.

3) Inc. projectile speed > fork for leveling. Fork is awesome if you can get a big mob together, one EK will kill them all but Inc. projectile speed gives damage and makes the knives fly further, almost to the point of being off screen, plus I don't think I've seen a pack so big my normal 10 knives didn't do the job just fine(I have so much cast speed as well I can just spam it anyway). Inc. proj. also makes dealing with things like Dom's totems or anything that explodes a cake walk. It also has another benefit with Hatred, the extra slow it gives buys you enough time to get in 1-2 more knives, which should kill the mob before they even have a chance of slapping you.

4) Remember that this is a hardcore mode, it's not about finishing fast, it's about finishing period(EK finishes fast anyway, so no worries there). Give up a little bit of damage here and there to get life nodes that you're next to, even if you want to get CI(You can just respec out of those 16-ish life nodes into ES anyway), I normally aim for about +50% life when I'm ending normal mode. +100% ending act 3 cruel. The damage will come over time from EK/proj speed leveling and the few +spell damage nodes you take near the start.

My path for this character was like this:
Starting Act2, could do without the ES nodes at the start to jump start your path to the witch area:
http://tinyurl.com/l4jz5c5

I had to take the +30 dex/str nodes to the left of the witch area before starting into the witch starting spell nodes, as my gear lacked stats to level my gems but if you're doing fine, dive right into there and grab more spell damage.
http://tinyurl.com/kffp7hh

At this point, I headed down to the Scion area for Harrier and more spell damage. I was also by a few +hp/mana nodes so if I felt the need for more HP in act 3 Cruel, I had the option to get some. I think I was about to take on Piety at this point on Cruel.
http://tinyurl.com/kxaowyt

Krassus

Need some advice on running maps, or rather what maps to run and if I should alch em or what

I've been farming piety for a while but get pretty much no exp there anymore (1 percent per run or less at lvl 82) and since since most of the good rares now only drop in maps I'm getting bored of running her what with the negligable exp thing and all (even though it is pretty good reliable currency farming)

I'm at 200IIR 41 IIQ capped resists 3600 hp 4300 spectral throw dps 10k double strike dps so I'm set on gear.
I can happily facetank kole all day long and even the chaos exiles finally aren't an issue anymore.

I want to run maps but I ran out of 68+ maps before while doing maps solo, and the 67-68 maps just give fuck all exp.
I was making nothing from doing magic lvl 68-71 ~40 percent IIQ from mods maps before and piety has just been SO much better

So how on earth do you go about doing maps in a way that isn't shit?
Do you buy 70+ maps? do you run 68-70 maps as rare (that seems pointless as they don't drop shit with the 40+40IIQ i run them as magic right now, wasting a bunch of chaoses to get 20 percent more loot at low lvl maps is not going to happen, 1.2x fuck all is still fuck all :p)

I basically want to be able to run 70+ maps for exp (and hopefully ok loot) so if anyone could give me some advice that would be great.
I do NOT want to run 66-67 maps over and over and over and over again to get some higher level ones to run, I did plenty of that before and it was a boring and fruitless endeavour (and now I get no exp doing it so it's even more pointless)

Also I generally run them solo, but have ran some with kamster duo

Im in the same place on domination. Im level 84 and 69-74 maps are running thin.

Personally what I found was best on 69-70 maps was to transmutation and then alt them until I get + monster pack size or + magic monsters. I don’t think IIQ / IIR do anything, I was a MF culler (using Kaoms) and I don’t notice any difference now running without it. I only chaos / alch 71+ myself.

V_Arnold

Oh, Piety, Piety....you always give me your gifts.

oRMJd26.jpg

(Even if it was a Perandus Blazon, but the Maelstrom of Chaos is 372% rarity at least. Last time it dropped from her, it was 300% only. )

Top Bottom