• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Kammie

Mind blown. I didn't know gems could interact with each other if tied to the same armor pieces.
Wut. How can you look that over when half the gems say "Support" and all the gem slots have different links between each other? Nevermind the gem descriptions which explicitly mention that certain gems will only work if you link them to another.

Wut. How can you look that over when half the gems say "Support" and all the gem slots have different links between each other? Nevermind the gem descriptions which explicitly mention that certain gems will only work if you link them to another.

Seks is just more hardcore than us. Using support gems is cheating.

Darkroronoa

If someone can help me i could really use some help with my ranger.
He (she actually) is lvl 51 and i have not played for the last few months and i have no idea how to allocate my passives.So i have 60 points and a headache..
I played so far using ice shot and burning arrow,using projectile weakness for debuff and frenzy to build attack speed.

Here is a picture with the bow i use that It is a 4 green sockets with the 3 of them linked,my gloves that are 3 greened linked and the 2 spells i use in each one.

In burning arrow i use faster attack and faster projectiles
In ice shot i use added cold damage and lesser multiple projectiles

rc9qc0E.png

I am too afraid to build my own talent tree :/
If i messed up how hard will it be to respec in the future?Is it easier to acquire regret orbs in late game?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I've skipped completely over red for blue/green gems since those are what the majority of my armor has as slots.

Kammie

If i messed up how hard will it be to respec in the future?Is it easier to acquire regret orbs in late game?
It's pretty easy. You get a lot of respec points from the quests themselves, 18 by the time you finish Merciless. Then you'll probably have at least 5-10 regret orbs you found by yourself. Two Scouring Orbs can be turned into a Regret, and lesser currency can be turned into Scourings (see here). Then 1 Chaos Orb = 1 Regret, and you can easily trade these in chat or trade items for Regrets.

I've probably used like 40-60 Regrets at this point. It's not a big deal.

You shouldn't worry too much about the tree. The only advice I'll give is to get life nodes and evasion or armor, depending on which way you're going. If you ignore these you'll screw yourself over since you'll then have a hard time just farming for currency (if you're too high over the area monster level, less currency drops). Whatever path you take, just get all the life that's on the way, or go out of your way a node or two to get there.

Beat Dominus, and Cruel difficulty is nothing what I expected. The game's actually easier than ever before. Groundslamming monkeys is extremely fun.

Fire Traps maybe. If you have a Searing Touch it will actually be quite strong and you're near fire/burning damage and trap damage nodes. Even without Searing Touch it'll probably be decent.

Fire Trap + Fire Pen + Increased Burning + Increased Duration
...or whatever the best supports are now. Haven't kept up with the changes.

I tried this, and the damage was garbage. I managed to STEAL a Searing Touch for 3 chaos!!! WTF!! I 4-linked it, and tried different combo's and couldn't do it. Going to try discharge again. I have a +2 to fire gems, and something like 85% increased spell damage staff, i'll try discharge in.

Going to use Ice Spear/GMP to get power charges at range, run in, enduring cry, and BOOM, all while running Blood Rage with CI. I hope this works.

EDIT: Since we are on a new page, I'll ask GAF again:

Basically I'm trying to come up with some kind of offensive build using this as a base: Click Here for Tree.

Keep in mind it's on Nemesis. You have 15 points to play with.

zon

Beat Dominus, and Cruel difficulty is nothing what I expected. The game's actually easier than ever before. Groundslamming monkeys is extremely fun.

The game starts getting difficult at Sceptre of God in Cruel. Before that it's pretty easy to run through. There's such a high increase in difficulty in the Dominus fight that most players (in hardcore leagues at least) prefer to hire a high level to kill Dominus for them.

Everything up to act 3 merciless is the tutorial
then the difficulty jumps up and mobs have a lot more mods on them

Act3 merci is where most people figure out their build is trash.

So this game is completely alien to the concept of linear difficulty. I should be able to complete cruel. Can I only play maps after beating merciless?

So this game is completely alien to the concept of linear difficulty. I should be able to complete cruel. Can I only play maps after beating merciless?

What do you mean by that? I hate to do this comparison, but it works the same as Diablo 3 and Dragon's Quest (and others): Beat all of the content in easy mode, then there are more difficulty levels where you go through it again. The loot and monsters change per difficulty level. Maps are at the very end when you've exited the hamster wheel. I forgot how things worked afterwards for Diablo 3 (or now, since I'm one year removed).

TheFatOne

So GAF I just got my first exalted to drop, and it happened at the perfect time. I'm making an EK build. I have a 5 link chest piece, a solid ES head piece, and a solid shield. I'm currently in Act I merciless at lvl 53. What would be the best way to maximize my currency?
The game starts getting difficult at Sceptre of God in Cruel. Before that it's pretty easy to run through. There's such a high increase in difficulty in the Dominus fight that most players (in hardcore leagues at least) prefer to hire a high level to kill Dominus for them.

Had one person rip in my group and I nearly died. It was insane. Piety is nothing compared to Dominus.

Boken

Banned
So GAF I just got my first exalted to drop, and it happened at the perfect time. I'm making an EK build. I have a 5 link chest piece, a solid ES head piece, and a solid shield. I'm currently in Act I merciless at lvl 53. What would be the best way to maximize my currency?

Had one person rip in my group and I nearly died. It was insane. Piety is nothing compared to Dominus.
A 5l in act 1 merc? That's pretty damn good

zon

I managed to get Dominus to his second stage but after getting him to half life all the spawning ranged mobs overwhelmed me. Had to log out not to die. Never doing that again I can tell you, paying 1c is cheap for a longer life. :p

Darkroronoa

It's pretty easy. You get a lot of respec points from the quests themselves, 18 by the time you finish Merciless. Then you'll probably have at least 5-10 regret orbs you found by yourself. Two Scouring Orbs can be turned into a Regret, and lesser currency can be turned into Scourings (see here). Then 1 Chaos Orb = 1 Regret, and you can easily trade these in chat or trade items for Regrets.

I've probably used like 40-60 Regrets at this point. It's not a big deal.

You shouldn't worry too much about the tree. The only advice I'll give is to get life nodes and evasion or armor, depending on which way you're going. If you ignore these you'll screw yourself over since you'll then have a hard time just farming for currency (if you're too high over the area monster level, less currency drops). Whatever path you take, just get all the life that's on the way, or go out of your way a node or two to get there.

Ok cool,thats for the advice!I will build my own tree by following your tips and studing other trees.It would be more fun anyway that just copying another :)

Kammie

Word of advice.... If you guys fuse a five-link chest, don't get greedy and try to go for six. Just buy another chest to try for six on, it'll be cheaper and you can still use your other one. :(

TheFatOne

This is my first time in merciless in Nemesis, and so far so good. I'm at lvl 60 right now currently farming fellshrine ruins. When should I try to finish the rest of Act II? I'm planning on hitting at least lvl 65 and get the one passive point from the quest in act II. That way I can get the armor, and energy shield nodes near the templar tree. Is there a specific level, or health I want to hit? I'm sitting at 2.8k health with about 1.1k mana.

imtehman

Banned
This is my first time in merciless in Nemesis, and so far so good. I'm at lvl 60 right now currently farming fellshrine ruins. When should I try to finish the rest of Act II? I'm planning on hitting at least lvl 65 and get the one passive point from the quest in act II. That way I can get the armor, and energy shield nodes near the templar tree. Is there a specific level, or health I want to hit? I'm sitting at 2.8k health with about 1.1k mana.

mah dude i suggest getting more than 2.8k hp in merc, ASAP you are goin to die if u dont

TheFatOne

mah dude i suggest getting more than 2.8k hp in merc, ASAP you are goin to die if u dont

Can't really get life anywhere right now. Only two spots on gear I can get life, but I could get some life nodes. Merciless isn't so bad with mind over matter, and grace, Elemental damage is the killer for me specifically chaos damage since I have no gear to mitigate chaos damage.

Edit: The plan for me is to pay for a Vaal kill. Then farm docks until about 75-80. If I hit 80 I'm going to have about 4.4k life plus all the armor and energy shield nodes in the templar tree.

KKRT00

Can't really get life anywhere right now. Only two spots on gear I can get life, but I could get some life nodes. Merciless isn't so bad with mind over matter, and grace, Elemental damage is the killer for me specifically chaos damage since I have no gear to mitigate chaos damage.

Edit: The plan for me is to pay for a Vaal kill. Then farm docks until about 75-80. If I hit 80 I'm going to have about 4.4k life plus all the armor and energy shield nodes in the templar tree.

Rush slowly to Act 3 and pay for Vaal and then farm Sarn.

If You dont almost one-shot npcs or have Arctic Armour docks are very scary with nemesis mods.

TheFatOne

Rush slowly to Act 3 and pay for Vaal and then farm Sarn.

If You dont almost one-shot npcs or have Arctic Armour docks are very scary with nemesis mods.

Got a good group and made it to Act III at lvl 61. I'm currently running lvl 10 artic armor. When I can finally run discipline, clarity, and grace I could probably run my lvl 15+ AA depends on how leveled my clarity/discipline is (for certain I could run a lvl 14 AA). Got some new gear today, and I have almost capped my resists. Lightning and Cold are capped fire is sitting at 66%, and my chaos resist is -16%. With grace I have about 4.3k armor. How much life should I look for before moving on to docks? 4k?

This is my passive tree. I have been following an EK guide on the forums. Wanted something tanky that I could take my time getting to maps. Trying to make sure this character survives so I can farm, and make a sick marauder.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...B889l0NDa3dsL21ncV90N42rnY-vu-ej60vzF_gr-jw==

KKRT00

What skills are You using?

4k is quite a lot i would say, especially with AA. Check it with 3k, i think You should manage if You dont fight to close to enemies. Testing is safe :)

TheFatOne

What skills are You using?

4k is quite a lot i would say, especially with AA. Check it with 3k, i think You should manage if You dont fight to close to enemies. Testing is safe :)

My main is EK linked with faster casting, iron will, added fire, and life leach. I also use bear trap with culling, and item rarity. I really only wanted to use iron will when I eventually get a 6 link but the RNG gods were not kind. I wasted a ton of chromatics trying to get the right color combo. For defensive spells I cast enfeeble, and I have cast on damage taken with molten shell,and decoy totem. I want to add something else to CODT but I'm not sure what to add. I was leveling a fire trap as well, but I don't have the right sockets to keep it or the necessary gems to add to it. I can do docks, but my kill speed is way to slow. I made a mistake on leveling my CODT though. Its to high a level, and takes to long to cast the spells I want. Needs to be 3 or 4 levels down.

I can probably do docks if I skip the harder nemesis mods, but one big problem for me is life regen. My EK without hatred is only 1.2k right now. I just have to keep grinding levels for it. Would having projectile speed instead of iron will greatly increase my dps for EK? I'm wondering if I should just buy a couple stacks of chromatics and go for it. One last thing I want to add a good single target spell or another spell to compliment EK. I have the space on my helmet if I 4 link it.

Edit: Bought 4 stacks of chromatics and got the right colors on my 5 link after I went through the 2nd stack. The increased range is super useful.

KKRT00

My main is EK linked with faster casting, iron will, added fire, and life leach. I also use bear trap with culling, and item rarity. I really only wanted to use iron will when I eventually get a 6 link but the RNG gods were not kind. I wasted a ton of chromatics trying to get the right color combo. For defensive spells I cast enfeeble, and I have cast on damage taken with molten shell,and decoy totem. I want to add something else to CODT but I'm not sure what to add. I was leveling a fire trap as well, but I don't have the right sockets to keep it or the necessary gems to add to it. I can do docks, but my kill speed is way to slow. I made a mistake on leveling my CODT though. Its to high a level, and takes to long to cast the spells I want. Needs to be 3 or 4 levels down.

I can probably do docks if I skip the harder nemesis mods, but one big problem for me is life regen. My EK without hatred is only 1.2k right now. I just have to keep grinding levels for it. Would having projectile speed instead of iron will greatly increase my dps for EK? I'm wondering if I should just buy a couple stacks of chromatics and go for it. One last thing I want to add a good single target spell or another spell to compliment EK. I have the space on my helmet if I 4 link it.

Edit: Bought 4 stacks of chromatics and got the right colors on my 5 link after I went through the 2nd stack. The increased range is super useful.

Yeah, You mostly now need gear. Try Sarn, it should be much faster to level there.

What the heck is wrong with vendor recipes? No matter what item I give a vendor they give me tons of scrolls of wisdom. For example the wiki says I can get jeweler's orbs for orbs of alteration if I talk to Yeena. But all she gives me for them are scrolls of wisdom. Even more disastrous, they just give you scroll fragments for valuable stuff like orbs of fusing. Did the latest patch break the economy?

Greg

What the heck is wrong with vendor recipes? No matter what item I give a vendor they give me tons of scrolls of wisdom. For example the wiki says I can get jeweler's orbs for orbs of alteration if I talk to Yeena. But all she gives me for them are scrolls of wisdom. Even more disastrous, they just give you scroll fragments for valuable stuff like orbs of fusing. Did the latest patch break the economy?
those 'recipes' aren't ones where you drop your items in the sell window

you have to click 'Purchase Items' when you talk to her, and they'll all be there

Kammie

Finally bought an Alpha's Howl... man, that took forever to save up for! Around 110 chaos.

Next up will be the Lioneye's bow I guess, but no way in hell am I just grinding exclusively for it like I did this. Too painful. I'll just get it the day I eventually have the currency for it.

I think they silently nerfed one of the levels to have less random chests. When I saw Kripp run Catacombs, he'd get the chest like 4/5 times. I ran it over 100 times and maybe got it 4 times.

I think they silently nerfed one of the levels to have less random chests. When I saw Kripp run Catacombs, he'd get the chest like 4/5 times. I ran it over 100 times and maybe got it 4 times.

I never get chests anymore. One time, when I first started running Catacombs, I got 5-6 in a row with a buddy, and within like 20 runs, we had at least 12-13 chests. Now, I get 1, maybe in 20 runs. Not exaggerating. Totally random? I dunno.

TheFatOne

Yeah, You mostly now need gear. Try Sarn, it should be much faster to level there.

Yea I'm doing sarn for a while. Don't plan on hitting maps until I get the armor/life nodes in the templar tree, and the mana reduction nodes. Once I have all of that I should be able to run a level 18-20 AA with about 4k health or so. My EK dps with hatred is about 2.2k, but I can still add a much higher spell damage wand, and I can get a spell damage shield. The plan for me is to farm Sarn/Docks/etc until I hit 75 or so then see what I can upgrade.

zon

Yea I'm doing sarn for a while. Don't plan on hitting maps until I get the armor/life nodes in the templar tree, and the mana reduction nodes. Once I have all of that I should be able to run a level 18-20 AA with about 4k health or so. My EK dps with hatred is about 2.2k, but I can still add a much higher spell damage wand, and I can get a spell damage shield. The plan for me is to farm Sarn/Docks/etc until I hit 75 or so then see what I can upgrade.

Go with Lunaris after 71 or so if you can tank Piety. Even though Catacombs is 1 level higher Lunaris gives more loot in my experience.

TheFatOne

Go with Lunaris after 71 or so if you can tank Piety. Even though Catacombs is 1 level higher Lunaris gives more loot in my experience.

I'm just taking this really slowly since this would be my first character to even get close to level 70. So far everything has been good. I just want to get to the point where I can farm lunaris, and do some maps. Just want to use this character to make an awesome melee build, and a summoner. I'm not sure 71 would be the time to do piety though. Only have 3.1k life. If I get to 75, and pay for a piety kill I would have the life nodes and armor nodes which would put me close to 4k life. Might just wait until then to hit piety or try it.

If the gaf guild is still going on I would like an invite if possible my character name is NyxSionnan

Edit: How many hours of farming sarn, docks, and catacombs would it take to hit 75 from level 68? I'm thinking it would take me a few days if I play all day.

Kammie

What the hell is up with rogue exiles today? Out of like 6 maps I've done today, I've come across 5.

Just lost like 30% XP due to an invincible one that wouldn't take damage to her energy shield on a reflect map. Ugh...

I cringed
why would you do that to yourself, talk about masochism

No it's the devourer

Top Bottom